Stupid Americans

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 6:10pm
I don't wanna insult you Americans but c'mon if you got a rider like Pourcel in your championship then you don't booh at him. A great sublime rider like him deserves respect.

When i hear cheering when he is down hurt I get sick ... That isn't motocross any more that is more a hooligan thing from English Football. Is that what we want with our sport??

Aren't we better?? Do you American's have that level?? Do you want or sport to be that?
Be happy that the best of the best want to come at your championship! Be happy that you can see them live! But be a little bit smart and give them the respect they deserves...

Adore them because they make your championship as beautiful as you know it today.
Do you think if Pourcel was gone it was as good as know?? Do you think if Musquin, Roczen, Desalle, Herlings and that kind of guys stay away your Series would be as cool as it will be with that guys??

Don't be stupid and stop boohing them because otherwise you only deserve a ass whipping from France-Italy-Belgium at the MXDN...
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/12/2010 9:08am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:09am
Booing is lame.

Christophe is a cool guy, digs racing here, is awesome to watch, and has a really good sense of humor. Trey also mentioned over the P.A. last week that he thought it was lame to hear people booing Christophe.

Just about everyone here had ancestors who emigrated to the U.S. Just something to think about.
englishman
9/12/2010 9:11am
MXMattii wrote:
I don't wanna insult you Americans but c'mon if you got a rider like Pourcel in your championship then you don't booh at him. A great...
I don't wanna insult you Americans but c'mon if you got a rider like Pourcel in your championship then you don't booh at him. A great sublime rider like him deserves respect.

When i hear cheering when he is down hurt I get sick ... That isn't motocross any more that is more a hooligan thing from English Football. Is that what we want with our sport??

Aren't we better?? Do you American's have that level?? Do you want or sport to be that?
Be happy that the best of the best want to come at your championship! Be happy that you can see them live! But be a little bit smart and give them the respect they deserves...

Adore them because they make your championship as beautiful as you know it today.
Do you think if Pourcel was gone it was as good as know?? Do you think if Musquin, Roczen, Desalle, Herlings and that kind of guys stay away your Series would be as cool as it will be with that guys??

Don't be stupid and stop boohing them because otherwise you only deserve a ass whipping from France-Italy-Belgium at the MXDN...
When i hear cheering when he is down hurt I get sick ...

You know whats f**ked ??

When he went down and was holding his shoulder a BUNCH of guys in official Honda team shirts in the VIP area were cheering ( along with a bunch of other douche bags ) .

The Shop

sbast
9/12/2010 9:12am
TerryK wrote:
Uh oh.... Shocked
No kidding! And by the way, NOT ALL of us Americans were booing when Pourcel went down. YOU have made the stupid mistake of painting us all with the same broad brush, and YOU would be severly mistaken in doing so. Like all of YOU don't cheer when something unfortunate happens to an American... You're an ass. Bring on the MXdN!!!
SMITH201
9/12/2010 9:13am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:15am
MXMattii wrote:
I don't wanna insult you Americans but c'mon if you got a rider like Pourcel in your championship then you don't booh at him. A great...

We have idiot fans just like anywhere else in the world. Like the stupid fans that threw bottles at James during the MXDN in Great Britain a couple years ago.
9/12/2010 9:15am
Its true. At MX of Naions i understand patriotism, but during the regular championship everyone should respect these guys. But, most dont, and most fans are a bit disrespectful in this area. You should never cheer for a rider getting hurt, and more so because he comes from a different country. I sat down with CP yesterday and had lunch with him and he was joking around with how much he gets booed.

Prety sad really, and ii will tell you everyone better get ready for Marvin because he is a bad dude, as is Ken and the other that are comming over.

All the american fans better realize that there should be a level of respect for for the talent and who cares where they were born. These guys arent terrorist, yet they sometimes get treated like it.

The more top level guys we get over here the better our series is and will legitimize our series and championship.
DownSouth
9/12/2010 9:16am
englishman wrote:
[b]When i hear cheering when he is down hurt I get sick ... [/b] You know whats f**ked ?? When he went down and was holding...

You know whats f**ked ??

When he went down and was holding his shoulder a BUNCH of guys in official Honda team shirts in the VIP area were cheering ( along with a bunch of other douche bags ) .
So the team should be sad that something that they had been working hard for was now within reach? There are two ways to interpret the reaction and one side will never agree with the true intention of the other.

Booing is stupid but IMO the cheering was not because becasue Pourcel was hurt but because their guys fortune suddenly changed.
MXMattii
9/12/2010 9:17am
SMITH201 wrote:
We have idiot fans just like anywhere else in the world. Like the stupid fans that threw bottles at James during the MXDN in Great Britain...
We have idiot fans just like anywhere else in the world. Like the stupid fans that threw bottles at James during the MXDN in Great Britain a couple years ago.
That as sick as boohing or maybe sicker thats something for soccer/Football but not for motocross we are one big family or is that a far away history???
toroP
9/12/2010 9:18am
MXMattii wrote:

Yes, some Americans are stupid. But don't be stupid yourself and make sweeping generalizations. Why booo all of us?

Aren't you better?? Do you have that level?? Do you want our board to be that?Wink
englishman
9/12/2010 9:21am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:24am
englishman wrote:
[b]When i hear cheering when he is down hurt I get sick ... [/b] You know whats f**ked ?? When he went down and was holding...

You know whats f**ked ??

DownSouth wrote:
So the team should be sad that something that they had been working hard for was now within reach? There are two ways to interpret the...
So the team should be sad that something that they had been working hard for was now within reach? There are two ways to interpret the reaction and one side will never agree with the true intention of the other.

Booing is stupid but IMO the cheering was not because becasue Pourcel was hurt but because their guys fortune suddenly changed.
I believe it is in very poor taste to cheer at another persons misfortune or boo thier good fortune.

Obviously they should not be sad at the turn of events but to almost scream the tent down with glee was a bit tasteless I.M.O .
MXMattii
9/12/2010 9:21am
MXMattii wrote:

toroP wrote:
Yes, some Americans are stupid. But don't be stupid yourself and make sweeping generalizations. Why booo all of us? Aren't you better?? Do you have that...
Yes, some Americans are stupid. But don't be stupid yourself and make sweeping generalizations. Why booo all of us?

Aren't you better?? Do you have that level?? Do you want our board to be that?Wink
A tittle like - Some Americans Are Stupid isn't that cool like Stupid Americans ...
And Know all Americans are reading and everyone is thinking about mine goal is reached.
Cygnus
9/12/2010 9:21am
Einstien was known for thowing an FU once on a while too. There are stupid people all over the worl.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/12/2010 9:21am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:23am
englishman wrote:

You know whats f**ked ??

I do not think it was anything personal about CP,think about it.
I think it is possible they were cheering because they had pretty much won the title,with CP going down.
I do not think you would have heard any cheering if the championship was not a stake,even if CP would have gotten a flat tire or pulled off because of a mechanical,I'm sure they would have been cheering also.
Personally, my money was on Pourcel to win this thing from the start of the season....
When I seen him down in that corner holding his arm,I was bummed to see the championship end like that for him.
SMITH201
9/12/2010 9:23am
SMITH201 wrote:
We have idiot fans just like anywhere else in the world. Like the stupid fans that threw bottles at James during the MXDN in Great Britain...
MXMattii wrote:
That as sick as boohing or maybe sicker thats something for soccer/Football but not for motocross we are one big family or is that a far...
That as sick as boohing or maybe sicker thats something for soccer/Football but not for motocross we are one big family or is that a far away history???
Just saying dude, no need to say "stupid Americans" because of some idiots. There are idiots just like them in every other country in the world.
newmann
9/12/2010 9:23am
MXMattii wrote:

Are you actually stupid enough to believe that 99.9% of us didn't want to see a battle to the finish?The 250 class has provided the best racing of the year and to see it end that way was a bit of a pisser. Carry on.
`ol Ger
9/12/2010 9:26am
I don't understand boo burds.
ocscottie
9/12/2010 9:35am
MXMattii wrote:
A tittle like - Some Americans Are Stupid isn't that cool like Stupid Americans ... And Know all Americans are reading and everyone is thinking about...
A tittle like - Some Americans Are Stupid isn't that cool like Stupid Americans ...
And Know all Americans are reading and everyone is thinking about mine goal is reached.
If your goal was to look just as ignorant as the people doing the booing, yep, you reached it.
Brent
9/12/2010 9:41am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:46am
MXMattii wrote:

....obviously you were at Pala and witnessed everything that transpired.

You didn't hear the cheers for Chris when he was helped off the track. You didn't see all the people who stopped at the Pro Circuit rig after his crash to inquire about if he was okay.

You didn't see the American fans lined up to get his autograph on Saturday morning.

Chris Pourcel is one of the greatest riders this sport has, Who cares where he was born.

Please return to your anti- American ignorance now.
petegrath
9/12/2010 9:43am
Ha! Europeans are above cheering the demise of others, huh?

Bullshit. Not only bullshit, but a long history of bullshit!

And I won't placate you with an ass kiss statement about us "mainly being of European descent". You're generalizing and stereotyping, and being condescending to boot. I thought you enlightened Euro-types were so above all of that?

I didn't cheer when Pourcell went down, and admire his riding tremendously. Could give a shit if he's a Frog, just like 99% of all other American motocross fans.

You've shown your colors with the title of this thread alone. Nevermind the idiotic lead post.
DanDunes818
9/12/2010 9:45am
MXMattii wrote:

I agree booing is stupid. Don't act like we're the fcked up ones. I seem to remember the english throwing stuff at JS at the Donnington MXdN. Stupid people are everywhere.
BobbyM
9/12/2010 9:46am
Worse than booing is complete silence...Smile

I don't think anybody was booing because was CP hurt, just that he went down and that gave TC a shot.

but a racer shouldn't take it personally for the most part.

hell, people boo the villian in a fuggen movie theater for chryslers sakes. Smile
DownSouth
9/12/2010 9:47am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:48am
We had the same discusion/argument after the Saint Loius SX when Villopoto crashed while dueling with Dungey. Two American riders. Some fans appeared excited when RV crashed out of the race leaving Dungey in the clear for the title. Fans have weird reactions when dramatic things happen.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/12/2010 9:51am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 10:00am
I agree booing is stupid. Don't act like we're the fcked up ones. I seem to remember the english throwing stuff at JS at the Donnington...
I agree booing is stupid. Don't act like we're the fcked up ones. I seem to remember the english throwing stuff at JS at the Donnington MXdN. Stupid people are everywhere.
If remember correctly,the guys on the Euro boards came to a conclusion that the guy who had thrown the bottle at Stewart was in fact a Canadian fan. LOL Smile

However,the year that James raced Everts,when James laid it down in that first moto,there were plenty of Euro cheers, and also when James couldn't get the bike started 2 years later,they were cheering also.

It goes both ways.

What is even more messed up, is that they *call James "Boo-Buh" over on that side of the pond!
burnside
9/12/2010 9:58am
DownSouth wrote:
We had the same discusion/argument after the Saint Loius SX when Villopoto crashed while dueling with Dungey. Two American riders. Some fans appeared excited when RV...
We had the same discusion/argument after the Saint Loius SX when Villopoto crashed while dueling with Dungey. Two American riders. Some fans appeared excited when RV crashed out of the race leaving Dungey in the clear for the title. Fans have weird reactions when dramatic things happen.
I think theres 2 sides to this.. I mean, if a rider crashes and your rooting for the other guy, there is an immediate sense of relief that I think is quite natural, I'm talking about small crashes here, nothing crazy... its kind of like watching someone blow a penalty, they are heart broken but your still stoked. When that continues for more than a very brief moment and when someone is down and its clear they are in pain, I think thats where it starts getting really dark. Especially if the person cant move off the track cause their arm is dangling off their body - or their leg is snapped etc.
SMITH201
9/12/2010 9:59am
DownSouth wrote:
We had the same discusion/argument after the Saint Loius SX when Villopoto crashed while dueling with Dungey. Two American riders. Some fans appeared excited when RV...
That PISSED me off! If I had been in the stands there I probably would buried these F*%ks!

0:53

Brent
9/12/2010 10:01am
MXMattii wrote:

By the way, maybe you should ask Brad Lackey about the rocks and sticks he got hit with by "Fans" when he was leading the Belgian Gran Prix .

Drunken idiots even took to laying on the track to try and slow him down.

Stupid Europeans.
TerryK
9/12/2010 10:10am
After all the booing is done, after all the fingers are pointed, after all the name calling and back stabbing and blame laying, one this will become obvious:

Blame Canada! Fuggin' Canuks are the cause of everything. Scum of the earth I say.
Overdrive
9/12/2010 10:11am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 10:13am
So I think it has been established we have idiots all over the world, You just illustrated you are one of them with this thread. Good Job! Now we no longer have to wonder about MXMattii.
ayearinmx
9/12/2010 10:12am
I agree booing is stupid. Don't act like we're the fcked up ones. I seem to remember the english throwing stuff at JS at the Donnington...
know they were english?? standing right next to them were you?? nope.... thought not

and wasn't something thrown at a rider this year, at one of the nationals.... wilson?

Post a reply to: Stupid Americans

The Latest