Stuff I heard in Salt Lake....

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2018 6:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 8:52 AM

Stuff I heard in the pits and on track walk yesterday in Salt Lake.....
1. Overheard Marvin saying someone threw a water bottle at him from the stands after the main in Foxboro but missed.
2. Arenacross officially got the axe yesterday. Sounds like she’s donezo.
3. Riders wanting to know if outdoors will have steel mesh grate starts?!?
4. Barn Pros team working on a comeback. Same guys but new name. And before the Nationals end.
5. 51fity Yamaha doing the first 2 nationals, then Chiz going on his own for the rest.
6. Lots of privateers looking for outdoor rides, bikes and travel. Many tell me they are just winging it at this point with no plans as of now.
7. Vegas Monster after party most likely not at Palms like it has been last few years. Hard Rock or Aria are possible.
8. Factory Yam not filling in Coops spot. It’s all on JB51 and wait for Coop to come back.
9. As posted in another thread, the Nut Up Livin100 rig and Hanny were there but he was in street clothes and just walking around. I’m so confused.
10. A lot of riders not stoked on these day races. Although the day ends much earlier, most guys like racing under the lights.
11. Montreal Supercross making a comeback and in 2018! New promoter, not a Feld event.
12. JB10 should be stying put in 2019! Heading down to Aus in Aug with Brent Duffe. No outdoors here.
13. HEP guys not doing outdoors, some guys looking at other options for the summer.
14. Bowers not doing outdoors. Grant coming back. But Bowers staying at Kaw and testing new 19 450.
15. Vegas supposed to be in the high 90s!
16. Everyone going to the Arenacross finals on Friday night at the Orleans. One point separates Blose and Hayes and last night they had a takeout fest.
17. Possible new SX tv package next year and change of talent also?
18. A new city on the tour in the Midwest next year?
19. As many as 8 Amateur days too.
20. Guy B got shunned by a certain top rider this week.
21. Not a single rider in the pits has a problem with Marvin’s pass last week. Everyone would have done the same on the last lap, for a win.
22. I’m sure there’s more but I forget.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

4/29/2018 6:36 AM

Lol @ #20

|

4/29/2018 6:37 AM

TWELVE rounds of supercross is sufficient.

|

4/29/2018 6:49 AM

Thanks!

|

4/29/2018 6:52 AM

Nobody puts GuyB in the corner!

|

4/29/2018 6:55 AM

Good stuff Dave.
steveyd

|

4/29/2018 7:00 AM

No arenacross is a bummer but maybe it will force the sx field to get a little deeper. Sad when the gates aren’t even full.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 7:23 AM

I've heard the AX being dropped for years. If that info is real, don't you think someone Vital, Racer X, Pulp would have posted about it already? Blair has already talked that AX races are already planned for 2019.

|

4/29/2018 7:25 AM

11 ???? No feld?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

4/29/2018 7:38 AM

No plaques for AC in 2019?

|

4/29/2018 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 7:55 AM

racingfortheson wrote:

I've heard the AX being dropped for years. If that info is real, don't you think someone Vital, Racer X, Pulp would have posted about it already? Blair has already talked that AX races are already planned for 2019.

The decision was made in the last few days.
Trust me man, I’m one of the biggest Arenacross fans there is. I’ve been to more ax races than you can imagine, even announced 2 rounds back in the day.
I heard this from a VERY reliable source. I’ve had my doubts since Matthes mentioned it a few months ago.
Im not happy about it either. A lot of my buddies will lose jobs. Although someone will probably start a new series, (kicker, nitro, whoever) it will never be the same.
I covered the ax series for cycle news from 1997-2008 and the occasional round from 2010-2014. Some of the best times of my life. The heydays with Budman, Denny, mad mike, Buehl, Pederson, Darcy, Demuth, my wingman Hofmaster and I could go on and on. Really bummed when I heard this yesterday.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

4/29/2018 7:54 AM

gt80rider wrote:

11 ???? No feld?

I guess it would be ran like Daytona before this year?

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 8:01 AM

#21 Except for a certain Kowalski rider. Agree on the rest, watch any 250 LCQ for proof.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

4/29/2018 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 8:11 AM

gt80rider wrote:

11 ???? No feld?

We used to have a one off event in Montreal that was held in September/October. Over the years it included different things like MX/SX, ATV, UTV, Pro trucks, Buggies, FMX, etc. It was the biggest race in Canada for our riders. The event started back in 1977 and ran for 35 years.

I remember going plenty of times with the attendance being over 55k.

I think Montreal would be a great place for Feld to have a Supercross round whenever they expand but the stadium is old and not in great shape. The city wants to bring back an MLB team but that won't happen until there's a new stadium. The new stadium would more than likely be an open roof design which pretty much rules out the chances of having Feld having an event there seeing as we don't have the greatest weather.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/29/2018 8:21 AM

So how does one get a supercross license with no more Ricky Carmichael road to sx?

|

4/29/2018 8:29 AM

bowser977 wrote:

So how does one get a supercross license with no more Ricky Carmichael road to sx?

Is that a serious question, seems stupid? It won't exist since that was a promo for Arenacross.

|

4/29/2018 8:32 AM

bowser977 wrote:

Electro21 wrote:

Is that a serious question, seems stupid? It won't exist since that was a promo for Arenacross.

I would think the plan would be to have amateur days at most of the Supercross rounds. I would bet they can tie in road to sx through amateur day

|

4/29/2018 8:37 AM

Interesting stuff, thanks!

|

4/29/2018 8:41 AM

There's too much dead air space as it is in the SX program. Adding an additional 350 4T/250 2T class to the night racing program would be cool IMO. More racing would be better. The hardest part of that equation would be track maintenance and not letting the track deteriorate too much between races.

|

4/29/2018 8:49 AM

#21 I must have been talking to different riders because it was not unanimous they would have went for it like Marvin did. Also the boos from the crowd when announced and not much cheers says to me not many riders and fans from the West agree with Marvin's tactics. He had a great race though.

Most impressive thing for me in the main. I'm not a Blake Bagget fan because he opens his mouth everytime he does well and then he doesn't usually do well the following week but Blake Baggets quad out of the small section in the north end of the stadium was awesome.

|

4/29/2018 9:01 AM

bowser977 wrote:

Electro21 wrote:

I thought that's why they are having Amateur days now to earn your way in with how your results are. Could be wrong though.

|

4/29/2018 9:03 AM

Can you elaborate on 13, 17, and 20? Please and thank you smile

|

4/29/2018 9:43 AM

bowser977 wrote:

Electro21 wrote:

mx295 wrote:

I thought that's why they are having Amateur days now to earn your way in with how your results are. Could be wrong though.

Seems like anything Ricky get involved with lately folds up shop shortly after.

|

4/29/2018 9:45 AM

Thanks for the goss' updates dude! smile

|

The Journey is the Destination

4/29/2018 9:52 AM

colintrax wrote:

20? That means Guy B got clicked. I seem to have plenty of experience with that over the past year. laughing

|

4/29/2018 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 10:00 AM

as my gf says its not the take out its the unamerican values of being too scared to own up to his actions.

|

4/29/2018 10:00 AM

colintrax wrote:

newmann wrote:

20? That means Guy B got clicked. I seem to have plenty of experience with that over the past year. laughing

hope guyB doesn't find the riders username or he's getting clicked too.

|

4/29/2018 10:23 AM

mx295 wrote:

Maybe I am the stupid one? I thought Ricky's Road to Supercross was an Arenacross thing and the amateur day at Supercross was separate.

|

4/29/2018 10:24 AM

bowser977 wrote:

Electro21 wrote:

Sorry for being a jerk, read my interpretation in the post above.

|

4/29/2018 11:34 AM

bowser977 wrote:

They decided that starting next year aspiring pros will just send videos and resumes directly to Ricky for review. He will give them a goat thumbs up or down.

So technically whatever route the postman takes is now the road to supercross.

|