Strung Out - Jagermeister - Moto XXX - Supercross!!!

Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 2:14pm
Fat Wreck Chords recording artists "Strung Out" will be performing this Saturday, January 17th, IN THE PITS at the Anaheim Supercross on the Jagermeister Mobile Music Stage. The concert will begin at 3:00pm and the band will be autographing some exclusive posters that Jagermeister made up for them, directly following their performance.

Strung Out has been a long standing staple within the motocross community gaining thousands of fans from having their music in videos such as Moto XXX, Crusty Demons, On The Pipe, as well as their music in video games like ATV Fury, MX vs ATV unleashed, and many others. "This is something i've wanted to do for the past 15 years and thanks to Jagermeister and Feld Entertainment, its finally happening and i couldn't be more excited" says drummer Jordan Burns.

The band will also be playing at the following rounds. San Francisco, Anaheim 3, and San Diego. Details for each show will be announced each week before the race. You can check out some of the bands songs at www.myspace.com/strungout and www.strungout.com

Strung Out has toured the world extensively over the past 15 years and has collectively sold over 1 million records world wide. They've developed a hard-core following with hundreds of loyal fans tattooing the bands trademark "atom/astrolux" logo on their bodies. They continue to push their own creativity in making appealing catchy songs and always tend to please their fans with each new release. They expect to have a new album out in mid 2009 and will continue to tour the world.

Jordan Burns along with his partner Erik Sandin (Nofx's drummer) started Moto XXX as a video company back in 1994, and then soon started the Moto XXX race team with Brian Deegan and Brian Swink. Deegan of the now famed Metal Mulisha took the 125 supercross win in 97 at the LA Coliseum for the newly formed Moto XXX team as he ghost rode his bike across the finish line. A historical win that will forever be remembered. Moto XXX ended up becoming one of the most successful true to the word "privateer" teams ever and has outlasted every team in the pits except for Pro Circuit. The list of riders, FMXers, as well as mechanics to come through their team is phenomenal. Not bad for two punk rock drummers and a snowboard film producer!!!

|
BobbyM
1/15/2009 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2009 7:00pm
Fat Wreck Chords recording artists "Strung Out" will be performing this Saturday, January 17th, IN THE PITS at the Anaheim Supercross on the Jagermeister Mobile Music...
Fat Wreck Chords recording artists "Strung Out" will be performing this Saturday, January 17th, IN THE PITS at the Anaheim Supercross on the Jagermeister Mobile Music Stage. The concert will begin at 3:00pm and the band will be autographing some exclusive posters that Jagermeister made up for them, directly following their performance.

Strung Out has been a long standing staple within the motocross community gaining thousands of fans from having their music in videos such as Moto XXX, Crusty Demons, On The Pipe, as well as their music in video games like ATV Fury, MX vs ATV unleashed, and many others. "This is something i've wanted to do for the past 15 years and thanks to Jagermeister and Feld Entertainment, its finally happening and i couldn't be more excited" says drummer Jordan Burns.

The band will also be playing at the following rounds. San Francisco, Anaheim 3, and San Diego. Details for each show will be announced each week before the race. You can check out some of the bands songs at www.myspace.com/strungout and www.strungout.com

Strung Out has toured the world extensively over the past 15 years and has collectively sold over 1 million records world wide. They've developed a hard-core following with hundreds of loyal fans tattooing the bands trademark "atom/astrolux" logo on their bodies. They continue to push their own creativity in making appealing catchy songs and always tend to please their fans with each new release. They expect to have a new album out in mid 2009 and will continue to tour the world.

Jordan Burns along with his partner Erik Sandin (Nofx's drummer) started Moto XXX as a video company back in 1994, and then soon started the Moto XXX race team with Brian Deegan and Brian Swink. Deegan of the now famed Metal Mulisha took the 125 supercross win in 97 at the LA Coliseum for the newly formed Moto XXX team as he ghost rode his bike across the finish line. A historical win that will forever be remembered. Moto XXX ended up becoming one of the most successful true to the word "privateer" teams ever and has outlasted every team in the pits except for Pro Circuit. The list of riders, FMXers, as well as mechanics to come through their team is phenomenal. Not bad for two punk rock drummers and a snowboard film producer!!!

you get the REVEREND....of the HORTON HEAT ON STAGE AND I AM THERE BEOTCHES

http://www.reverendhortonheat.com/
500guy
1/15/2009 7:11pm
What happened to racing scooters and getting back to grass roots , and Matthes being full of shit saying Moto XXX was done ?

Sure seems like he was pretty much on top of it.
BobbyM
1/15/2009 7:13pm
500guy wrote:
What happened to racing scooters and getting back to grass roots , and Matthes being full of shit saying Moto XXX was done ? Sure seems...
What happened to racing scooters and getting back to grass roots , and Matthes being full of shit saying Moto XXX was done ?

Sure seems like he was pretty much on top of it.
fuck that...where's the REVEREND DAMMIT!
flarider
1/15/2009 7:15pm
No offense, but Strung Out has collectively only sold 1 million records?
Really?

The Shop

BobbyM
1/15/2009 7:19pm
flarider wrote:
Really?
they're a local band but so what? the reverend will kick their ass!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
1/15/2009 7:33pm
flarider wrote:
Really?
They're a punk band on a indie punk label. It isn't a bout selling records. Its about having a good time on stage, and giving it your all night after night. Strung out does that every show.
flarider
1/15/2009 7:38pm
I don't doubt that and I am not ripping on them.
I just figured it would be more, they've been around awhile.
Cumulative, I would think it was more.

I'm not a music biz expert, so I don't know
I can admit that
BobbyM
1/15/2009 7:40pm
flarider wrote:
Really?
Jarid332 wrote:
They're a punk band on a indie punk label. It isn't a bout selling records. Its about having a good time on stage, and giving it...
They're a punk band on a indie punk label. It isn't a bout selling records. Its about having a good time on stage, and giving it your all night after night. Strung out does that every show.
and the Reverend doesn't do that?
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
1/15/2009 7:43pm
ah gotcha.

One of the best live bands I've ever seen though. They give it their all every night. which is awesome
1/15/2009 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:00pm
flarider, just to let you know as you seem curious, we've sold that amount with no MTV, no radio, and no major label. Its a tremendous number for a independant band and were quite proud of it..

Local bands havnt toured the world, we're a "national act" and sure the Rev is great. Totally different style but we've played with them on Warped Tour and just played with their drummers band "The Supersuckers" at the HOB in LA.

Oh, 500, did you want to get back to the grass roots? Break out your bong and dream on. That will bring back some "grass roots" for ya....
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
1/15/2009 7:56pm
What surprises me most is that everyone I raced with back home, and all my friends from school at least knew of strung out....and most had their CDs and have seen them play live. Here in St Louis, I haven't come across anyone who'd heard of them, not even my weirdo friend who drives 5 hours to go and see random punk / ska bands. I thought they would have a HUGE following here....
flarider
1/15/2009 7:58pm
That's cool.
I don't claim to be up on music or a hardcore punk fan, but I've heard of you and I have a few of your songs on my iPhone, so I just figured more would have bought your work.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/15/2009 8:20pm
Hey OG, you still hangin around the poolhall next to the KANDYKAT losing money?
MXTRAINER1
1/15/2009 8:58pm
I will tell you that Jordan Burns is one of, if not the best punk drummer ever. The band works their butts off every set and has shown that MX is in their blood.
Go check them out, then make a decision.

Note: I was unaware that Bobby was a music critic as well as major moto roll model. 'what you can learn from a message board is amazing.
Alan
crowe176
1/15/2009 9:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 10:00pm
Beaching the 18-wheeler in favor of a back-to-its-roots box van (think Brian Deegan & Brian Swink, circa ’97), Moto XXX is gonna be rolling in old school fashion and will field a 1 man team for the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season, and FIM World Championship.

Riding for Moto XXX beginning at the Anaheim 1 (Calif.) opener will be veteran of many supercross wars, Daniel “DB” Blair. A rippin’ racer and certainly a threat to make the main event every time he boots up, Blair also sings like a veteran rocker for his aptly named hard-core rock/punk band appropriately called "The Main Event."

“Moto XXX aligning itself with DB was naturaly a no brainer. He’s got proven skills on a dirt bike, and he's a talented musician which was the original base of Moto XXX, MX and Music says team co-owner Jordan Burns. “He epitomizes the MX privateer life on the road and we’re stoked to have him aboard as we decide to make some big changes for ’09.”

JB and his partners Smelly E. and Hoss, felt that it was a good time for the team to return back to its core roots from which they started Moto XXX. "This is actually something we've been kicking around for the past couple years and its positively not by "necessity" its our choice. There seems to have been a lot of false rumors traveling around the Internet and such and we want to set things straight...this will be our 13th year racing and we are for sure the most successful true to the word "privateer" team ever. We've been around longer then every team still out there except PC and the factories. That should speak in loud volumes for our highly dedicated efforts. All for the love of this sport."

I'm confused. Is Daniel Blair racing for Moto XXX or not?
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
1/15/2009 10:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2009 10:04pm
MotoXXX kicks ass!
It is great to see guys like Jordan and Erik helping out guys like Deegan to guys like DB over the years!
Good stuff - They are definitely an asset to the sport!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/15/2009 11:06pm
I saw the first few songs of Strung Out's gig in Phoenix last weekend, and it's definitely worth checking out before the start of racing on Saturday.
eurohero
1/16/2009 12:11am
crowe176 wrote:
Beaching the 18-wheeler in favor of a back-to-its-roots box van (think Brian Deegan & Brian Swink, circa ’97), Moto XXX is gonna be rolling in old...
Beaching the 18-wheeler in favor of a back-to-its-roots box van (think Brian Deegan & Brian Swink, circa ’97), Moto XXX is gonna be rolling in old school fashion and will field a 1 man team for the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season, and FIM World Championship.

Riding for Moto XXX beginning at the Anaheim 1 (Calif.) opener will be veteran of many supercross wars, Daniel “DB” Blair. A rippin’ racer and certainly a threat to make the main event every time he boots up, Blair also sings like a veteran rocker for his aptly named hard-core rock/punk band appropriately called "The Main Event."

“Moto XXX aligning itself with DB was naturaly a no brainer. He’s got proven skills on a dirt bike, and he's a talented musician which was the original base of Moto XXX, MX and Music says team co-owner Jordan Burns. “He epitomizes the MX privateer life on the road and we’re stoked to have him aboard as we decide to make some big changes for ’09.”

JB and his partners Smelly E. and Hoss, felt that it was a good time for the team to return back to its core roots from which they started Moto XXX. "This is actually something we've been kicking around for the past couple years and its positively not by "necessity" its our choice. There seems to have been a lot of false rumors traveling around the Internet and such and we want to set things straight...this will be our 13th year racing and we are for sure the most successful true to the word "privateer" team ever. We've been around longer then every team still out there except PC and the factories. That should speak in loud volumes for our highly dedicated efforts. All for the love of this sport."

I'm confused. Is Daniel Blair racing for Moto XXX or not?
I'm confused on this topic too. The above releases are sorta misleading. What team aspect is Moto XXX providing for Daniel Blair? Someone posted a topic here last week that he is riding an 06 or 07 450 at the races and switched to east cost lites because he could not get parts in time for A1 for his 250F. Damn, that really is "core" or true privateer.

"Beaching the 18 wheeler" or "returning back to its core roots" and "it's positively not by necessity." Really? The semi is in the pits with different stickers on it as the owner of it helped start a new team. Quote from Racer X Observations

"There is a new team in the pits that nobody has really talked about much, and that’s the Ti-Lube Honda team which is owned by the guy who used to own Atomic-22 Titanium, Joe Murphy. The team has the old Moto XXX truck and riders Ben Evans and Alex Martin."

I'm just wondering, like many, what involvement does Moto XXX have? They had a race shop, crew, bikes, parts, support from Honda in some capacity, a semi to use, practice areas and more, where did it go? What exactly are these guys setting straight in response to the false internet rumors and such? It sucks with having to downsize or the current economic situation, but lets call a spade a spade.......right. Not knocking them at all, but it sure looks like Blair is doing things himself right now, maybe until Houston, who knows? That box van might be a negative when comparing gas to a panel van or passenger van converted for moto so what help is Blair getting? Best of luck to them though.
trick121
1/16/2009 12:17am
Some of the music made in the late 1990's was great in my opinon...
I have the Suburban Blues CD and its really good..

the combination of punk rock and motocross goes togethor really good...

i can see them playing razor love on the jage stage I would go to watch them..

I would love to see the lights go down in the stadium during intermission...then the Toyota truck pulling out the band on stage with them just rocking it...that would be cool...much better than those FMX guys and gawd damn sumo idiots...punk band at intermission would really make the night a "show"

trick121
1/16/2009 12:38am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2009 8:51am
eurohero,

Here in America everyone is watching their pennies. Retirement funds are gone, jobs are lost, homes are being forclosed...motocross contingency money from the factories is gone.

Everyone is concerned about the economic crisis and "scaling back" is on the mind of every American. So why would scaling down the MotoXXX team be so unthinkable? I wonder how many of these teams will just fold like a taco by the time they hit the East coast? Hopefully none but its not out of the question.

There are teams we can criticize and bitch about but motoxxx should not be one of them. Correct me if I'm wrong...but I remember Team motoxxx selling t-shirts out of a beat up van at the nationals over 10 years ago to make ends meet. To see them go from that van to semi with factory support is impressive...and more impressive they did it without selling performance products like PC....and they did it supporting true privateers like Kyle Lewis.

Oh and not everyone of those teams needs a 18 wheeler in the pits...nothing wrong with box vans....And keeping with the spirit of the board F U and everything european
eurohero
1/16/2009 12:56am
Hey trick donkey, where was I talking bad about them? The person before me was confused over their involvement in SX with DB, so was I, read the first sentence. They jumped over some writers for putting in Racer X that Moto XXX was not fielding a team this year and now have press releases about "false internet rumors" and whatnot. I was just looking to find out what was beneath all the drama. Clearly you can't read because I stated that it sucks having to downsize and that the economy is tight. I was asking about the status of the team butthanks for your insight oh wise one.
BobbyM
1/16/2009 1:20am
flarider, just to let you know as you seem curious, we've sold that amount with no MTV, no radio, and no major label. Its a tremendous...
flarider, just to let you know as you seem curious, we've sold that amount with no MTV, no radio, and no major label. Its a tremendous number for a independant band and were quite proud of it..

Local bands havnt toured the world, we're a "national act" and sure the Rev is great. Totally different style but we've played with them on Warped Tour and just played with their drummers band "The Supersuckers" at the HOB in LA.

Oh, 500, did you want to get back to the grass roots? Break out your bong and dream on. That will bring back some "grass roots" for ya....
well if you've played WITH the Rev that's good enough for me....Smile

and 500guy wouldn't know what end of the bong to suck on...sheeesh!
trick121
1/16/2009 1:29am
eurohero wrote:
Hey trick donkey, where was I talking bad about them? The person before me was confused over their involvement in SX with DB, so was I...
Hey trick donkey, where was I talking bad about them? The person before me was confused over their involvement in SX with DB, so was I, read the first sentence. They jumped over some writers for putting in Racer X that Moto XXX was not fielding a team this year and now have press releases about "false internet rumors" and whatnot. I was just looking to find out what was beneath all the drama. Clearly you can't read because I stated that it sucks having to downsize and that the economy is tight. I was asking about the status of the team butthanks for your insight oh wise one.

i've been know just to look at who posted and just start bashing...reading is over rated... deal with the unexpected and unnecessary punishment... its part of existing here
SMITH201
1/16/2009 5:28am
Strung Out is an awesome band! Been listen to them for years and are one of my favorite bands. I have seen them twice live and they always sound great! Im looking forward to seeing them again at A3. I suggest the albums "Suburban Teenage Wasteland" and "Blackhawks Over Los Angeles". Both are really good if you are into rock/punk. Plus, for years they have been the music in MX vids all the way back to Crusty 1. Cudby has been using them in some of his RacerX Films lately.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
1/16/2009 6:36am
Strung Out puts on an amazing live show, you would be foolish to not go check them out if your in Anaheim.

You guys gonna play at any other SX venues?
jbomx363
1/16/2009 7:03am Edited Date/Time 1/16/2009 7:06am
I'm also surprised at "only" 1million sold. I remember when every one was talking about Strung Out this and that along with NOFX.

Oh man! Just went to they myspace page and you aren't doing HOUSTON SX? BOOooooo!
BobbyM
1/16/2009 7:38am
MXTRAINER1 wrote:
I will tell you that Jordan Burns is one of, if not the best punk drummer ever. The band works their butts off every set and...
I will tell you that Jordan Burns is one of, if not the best punk drummer ever. The band works their butts off every set and has shown that MX is in their blood.
Go check them out, then make a decision.

Note: I was unaware that Bobby was a music critic as well as major moto roll model. 'what you can learn from a message board is amazing.
Alan
thanks for yer annual chiming in alan...we appreciate it.
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
1/16/2009 7:41am
Strung Out puts on an amazing live show, you would be foolish to not go check them out if your in Anaheim. You guys gonna play...
Strung Out puts on an amazing live show, you would be foolish to not go check them out if your in Anaheim.

You guys gonna play at any other SX venues?
Yeah - it would be cool if St Louis didn't suck so much....or better yet, if the promoters made it (financially) worthwhile for Strung Out to come to the entire series...
gnarwhip
1/16/2009 8:34am
Yeah dude this is awesome...I've seen Strung Out about 6 times live, most recently at Velvet here in SB last summer...great show. Hopefully security at Anaheim will realize a pit is a normal part of a punk show and will not freak out and start beating up little kids when a pit starts haha. As far as them not being very popular, anyone who lives in socal and is under 30 knows them well...so cal punk is an acquired taste and is hard for some people to get and like he said, without mtv and radio play how would some hillbilly in the midwest know about them? They are huge in socal..

Post a reply to: Strung Out - Jagermeister - Moto XXX - Supercross!!!

The Latest