Stroupe Update

Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 9:25am
Stroupe was supposed to race mx this summer but it fell through. His family's house burned to the ground and they lost everything. He's back in lincolton, nc with his family. he has been riding and going to the gym a lot lately. not sure if he plans on making a comeback for sx or just doing local races/ax..

|
JA946
8/21/2014 6:48pm
Sorry to hear about his families home burning down, that is a horrible tragedy.

I'm going to keep my opinion about him to myself.
mx836
8/21/2014 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 6:58pm
JA946 wrote:
Sorry to hear about his families home burning down, that is a horrible tragedy.

I'm going to keep my opinion about him to myself.
Good. Nobody cares anyway. "JK" of course. Wink

Just for some fun, I calculated how many posts I'd have if I racked up 400 a month like you have somehow managed and I come up with an answer of roughly 30,400 posts.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/21/2014 6:55pm
That's too bad.

He is awesome to watch ride, great style and talent.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/21/2014 6:57pm
Dude has some incredible talent.

It would cool to see him give it another go.

The Shop

8/21/2014 7:05pm
I love some Stroupe, but I somehow think getting kicked out of ClubMX affected his run at the nationals. FWIW he'd probably bring home more cash running the Mega/Ultra Series unless he can pick up a ride.
hvaughn88
8/21/2014 7:06pm
424 wrote:
I love some Stroupe, but I somehow think getting kicked out of ClubMX affected his run at the nationals. FWIW he'd probably bring home more cash...
I love some Stroupe, but I somehow think getting kicked out of ClubMX affected his run at the nationals. FWIW he'd probably bring home more cash running the Mega/Ultra Series unless he can pick up a ride.
What did he get kicked out for?
8/21/2014 7:12pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
No Comment.
8/21/2014 7:39pm
BIG problem with injuries is docs writing prescriptions for pain pills. Once you get hurt, they give you 90 pills a month with a bunch a refills and tell you to take them for pain as needed. By the time the rider is healed he is a full on addict. It doesn't happen to all of the riders, but i'm sure a lot of them struggled with it at some point in their career.

I'm not blaming it all on the doctors (obviously the rider makes his own choices), but I really wish some of them would open their eyes and quit handing out prescriptions like they are candy. After a solid month of taking them your thought process goes to shit and you are stuck in a situation that you never intended to be in.
trailhopper
8/21/2014 7:43pm
Kicked out? Damn him and Zach Osborne (part owner of Club MX) grew up racing together and they were buds back in the day. Must have been pretty serious (or stupid knowing Stroupe)
Gringoe
8/21/2014 7:51pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
424 wrote:
No Comment.
I wondered why they ever took him in in the first place
8/21/2014 7:54pm
Only reason I posted this thread was to say he is back riding and going to the gym on a daily basis. Which is a good sign if anyone knows what he's been through the past few years.
Camp332
8/21/2014 8:05pm
Good luck and well wishes to Stroupe. Staying clean is a good lifestyle he could build a comeback to racing with. Stay clean first and foremost, the rest falls into place.
jleews6
8/21/2014 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 8:15pm
BIG problem with injuries is docs writing prescriptions for pain pills. Once you get hurt, they give you 90 pills a month with a bunch a...
BIG problem with injuries is docs writing prescriptions for pain pills. Once you get hurt, they give you 90 pills a month with a bunch a refills and tell you to take them for pain as needed. By the time the rider is healed he is a full on addict. It doesn't happen to all of the riders, but i'm sure a lot of them struggled with it at some point in their career.

I'm not blaming it all on the doctors (obviously the rider makes his own choices), but I really wish some of them would open their eyes and quit handing out prescriptions like they are candy. After a solid month of taking them your thought process goes to shit and you are stuck in a situation that you never intended to be in.
I hate to see this and this happens more then people think and that's why every time my son got hurt he would never take anything more then aleve .
The sad reality is that there is to many people making allot of money by writing prescriptions for this crap so it will never get any better. Its really sad!
Oh I almost forgot. Good luck to him and I hope he can do something because the kid is talented.
Monte122
8/21/2014 8:13pm
Good for him, I like him and he's very talented.
Hut
8/21/2014 8:13pm
BIG problem with injuries is docs writing prescriptions for pain pills. Once you get hurt, they give you 90 pills a month with a bunch a...

That's the truth happens to all sorts of people that had no intention of going there.
Go Stroupe!
500guy
8/21/2014 8:19pm
Yup I blame the Doctors too, Been more than 1 story about some heavy duty shit being used and it wasn't bought at a pharmacy.

What the fuck ever happened to personal responsibility ?
Mickolobe7
8/21/2014 8:45pm

I seen it happen to so many riders around here that had crazy talent. Yes I blame the Doctors they are legal drug dealers! I had a friend that was racing arenacross doing real good he had a lot of sponsors and his dad own a local motorcycle shop. So from the get go he had the money and support. Then he had a bad crash and dr gave him tons of pain pills and he didn't even care to ride. I asked him what the F@#K dude your are all healed up lets go ride and he was like no my back I gotta go see the dr today. Long story short he was dr shopping and buying off the street and finally he had to go to rehab and moved away with his mom. I heard he is back around but he is out of his prime. I think he is doing good now. Doctors can ruin peoples life.

I have other friends that were the fastest A riders in the midwest broke his femur and he said he took a few when needed but hated them and made him lazy so he said he threw that shit out and sat on the couch till he healed up. Never went pro but still rides and is super fast and has fun riding.

Hope Stroupe got his stuff together because I would hate that to happen to anyone. He has talent and a good rider to watch race.
Hope ever thing is good on his home front.
hammertime
8/21/2014 8:51pm
maybe now that he's not 19 anymore he should drop the white rapper dealio to go with it. these dudes quoting locdog rap lyrics on all their social media outlets makes me question what fucking planet they're on.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
8/21/2014 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2014 8:54pm
Mickolobe7 wrote:
I seen it happen to so many riders around here that had crazy talent. Yes I blame the Doctors they are legal drug dealers! I had...
I seen it happen to so many riders around here that had crazy talent. Yes I blame the Doctors they are legal drug dealers! I had a friend that was racing arenacross doing real good he had a lot of sponsors and his dad own a local motorcycle shop. So from the get go he had the money and support. Then he had a bad crash and dr gave him tons of pain pills and he didn't even care to ride. I asked him what the F@#K dude your are all healed up lets go ride and he was like no my back I gotta go see the dr today. Long story short he was dr shopping and buying off the street and finally he had to go to rehab and moved away with his mom. I heard he is back around but he is out of his prime. I think he is doing good now. Doctors can ruin peoples life.

I have other friends that were the fastest A riders in the midwest broke his femur and he said he took a few when needed but hated them and made him lazy so he said he threw that shit out and sat on the couch till he healed up. Never went pro but still rides and is super fast and has fun riding.

Hope Stroupe got his stuff together because I would hate that to happen to anyone. He has talent and a good rider to watch race.
Hope ever thing is good on his home front.
It's a personality flaw. I luckily don't have an addictive personality like many family
members who struggle with alcoholism. I'm recovering from knee surgery and took the pills for a week then flushed them the day I didn't need one. I didn't want the temptation. Some guys can't break away and get hooked easily. That's not the docs fault though.... That's a YOU problem. McDonald's doesn't make you fat, you do by eating it.

(Not saying 'you' directed towards you)
40Plus_922mx
8/21/2014 11:12pm
Pain pills? He got any left?... I just found out that 7 years of Ambien has ruined my stomach. Ug.
Hope Super Stroup csn make a come back.
dirtnapper
8/21/2014 11:14pm

When I first read your thread, and saw you only had three posts, I thought "great, heres another nut-hugging super fan boy, about to kiss ass and glorify an obviously troubled, coulda been who threw his career away......."

I was wrong.

Its obvious by your first post that you know the family, and your second post is very well written. Damn shame for the Stroupe family. Hope Austin can figure his life out.
FIREfish148
8/22/2014 12:00am
Kid rips, he's in his element on a bike no doubt. Hope to see him back out there for my own selfish needs. Grinning

KAWI642
8/22/2014 2:23am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 2:30am

That's not very common for a responsible Doctor. Kid's abuse them instead of taking as prescribed and end up hooked. Oxycontin is a Bi#$% kids figure out crushing them up and snorting them and it's on then.

I have two herniated discs and degenerative disease in my spine and Its very hard to not only get that many but refills as well. DEA has cracked down hard on Docs + states sharing databases make Doc shopping a thing of the past too. Blackmarket flourishes though. Stuff is bad news and lot's of ex riders have issues with them.
MotoX85
8/22/2014 2:36am

KAWI642 wrote:
That's not very common for a responsible Doctor. Kid's abuse them instead of taking as prescribed and end up hooked. Oxycontin is a Bi#$% kids figure...
That's not very common for a responsible Doctor. Kid's abuse them instead of taking as prescribed and end up hooked. Oxycontin is a Bi#$% kids figure out crushing them up and snorting them and it's on then.

I have two herniated discs and degenerative disease in my spine and Its very hard to not only get that many but refills as well. DEA has cracked down hard on Docs + states sharing databases make Doc shopping a thing of the past too. Blackmarket flourishes though. Stuff is bad news and lot's of ex riders have issues with them.
Funny, I've been taking oxycotin for about 3 years now and will have to for the rest of my life. I seem to have no addiction problems but then again, I do not have an "addictive" personality. If there is a concern about being hooked on drugs, could you not just tell the doc to give you a lesser medication. Did the doctor stuff them down his throat. I take my medication, still go to work, do everything that is required of me with no issues what so ever. Of course I had to get permission from my employer but to say oxycotin is bullshit, my friend, I would not be able to get out of bed without it and live a normal, non stoned life with it.

Also, refill, whats a refill for oxycotin. I have to call every 30 days for a new prescription. No refills. And I have already been told that I will be taking them for life. Now this may have to do with the military system, but I do not get refills and every year I am re-evaluated for strength and dosage.

Stroupes drug problems, if that's the case, are Stroupe's problem, not societies, not the doctors, not the medication jumping in his mouth.....................Stroupe's.
gharmon
8/22/2014 3:04am

I just had wrist surgery tue and for the first time in my life I have taken Norco's. My Prescription bottle was no where near 90 days worth and in the area where it says refills left, it says federal law prohibits refills. I know you can call the Dr and get more and this may only be true at the pharmacy I used in Columbus, Ga but that;s what my bottle says.
KAWI642
8/22/2014 3:09am

KAWI642 wrote:
That's not very common for a responsible Doctor. Kid's abuse them instead of taking as prescribed and end up hooked. Oxycontin is a Bi#$% kids figure...

MotoX85 wrote:
Funny, I've been taking oxycotin for about 3 years now and will have to for the rest of my life. I seem to have no addiction...
Funny, I've been taking oxycotin for about 3 years now and will have to for the rest of my life. I seem to have no addiction problems but then again, I do not have an "addictive" personality. If there is a concern about being hooked on drugs, could you not just tell the doc to give you a lesser medication. Did the doctor stuff them down his throat. I take my medication, still go to work, do everything that is required of me with no issues what so ever. Of course I had to get permission from my employer but to say oxycotin is bullshit, my friend, I would not be able to get out of bed without it and live a normal, non stoned life with it.

Also, refill, whats a refill for oxycotin. I have to call every 30 days for a new prescription. No refills. And I have already been told that I will be taking them for life. Now this may have to do with the military system, but I do not get refills and every year I am re-evaluated for strength and dosage.

Stroupes drug problems, if that's the case, are Stroupe's problem, not societies, not the doctors, not the medication jumping in his mouth.....................Stroupe's.
Agreed. Of course there are legitimate pain management issues that require long term use of this drug although they are few and far between. I go to a pain clinic and receive injections in my neck and spine (epidurals) the pills over time really did not help my pain as tolerance goes up and just made me constipated and a host of other physical issues that made me rather be in pain than take them. The injections help though along with a regular exercise program. If you have been taking them for 3 years than you are already an addict(no offense but stop taking them for a day and see how you feel) although a supervised and legal one. I had this revelation myself last year!!

What are your pain issues if you don't mind me asking? btw there are many studies on long term narcotic pain management and the trend is certainly going away from that as they have a lot of long term side effects. I'm in the same boat as you im just wondering have you looked into alternative therapies?

The drug companies certainly want people on them long term. Are you on a low dose like 5 mg's?
IWreckALot
8/22/2014 5:52am

gharmon wrote:
I just had wrist surgery tue and for the first time in my life I have taken Norco's. My Prescription bottle was no where near 90...
I just had wrist surgery tue and for the first time in my life I have taken Norco's. My Prescription bottle was no where near 90 days worth and in the area where it says refills left, it says federal law prohibits refills. I know you can call the Dr and get more and this may only be true at the pharmacy I used in Columbus, Ga but that;s what my bottle says.
When was the no refill policy implemented? Has it always been that way or did it come about in the last 3 or 4 years? Stroupe could have been doctor shopping before the online databases were what they are now. I know nothing about this stuff but it appears that Reggie Warren Jr knows pretty much knows what has happened. There might be some pieces missing.

As for it being the doctor's fault, I share Reggie's position. If they're going to make Oxycontin a controlled substance, and the doctor gives blind refills, the doctor is only an enabler. Sure Stroupe should be able to control what goes in his body, but the drugs change your desires and the doctor should be competent enough to understand what is abuse and what is legitimate use.

Thanks for sharing Reggie. Let us know if you hear anything else. I think we're all pulling for Stroupe to make a legit return.
Trav138
8/22/2014 7:32am
Ya lets blame the Dr's. Nothing like not owning up to your own stupid actions. Millions of people take narcotics responsibly every day and it truly improves their quality of life. Very few Dr's give these out in huge quantities anymore, its all changed now.
JA946
8/22/2014 7:40am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2014 7:43am
500guy wrote:
Yup I blame the Doctors too, Been more than 1 story about some heavy duty shit being used and it wasn't bought at a pharmacy. What...
Yup I blame the Doctors too, Been more than 1 story about some heavy duty shit being used and it wasn't bought at a pharmacy.

What the fuck ever happened to personal responsibility ?
Your last sentence goes a long way.

Post a reply to: Stroupe Update

The Latest