Stroupe

brianfagan9
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 5:44pm
Anyone have any news if he's alright after his crash in Arenacross?
|
FolkLoar
1/18/2016 6:01am
Checked his Twitter, said something like, "lucky to be ok, ready for next week." So I assume he had no serious injuries from the crash. He had some bad luck, but was very impressive this week considering his limited seat time.
fins227
1/18/2016 8:14am
Correct me if I'm wrong, Didn't he set the fastest lap during qualifying on a bike borrowed bike?
1/18/2016 8:19am
fins227 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, Didn't he set the fastest lap during qualifying on a bike borrowed bike?
Round 1 he was on a Yamaha and round 2 a Kawasaki. I was wondering why? So maybe it was a borrowed bike. Either way it doesn't surprise me he had the fast lap. He was a front runner in supercross before he disappeared
hvaughn88
1/18/2016 8:22am
I wasn't paying as much attention to the sport when the stroupe dealio went down. This may be too basic of a question, but what happened? Was there a specific occurrence or was it just a lot of things compiling that led to him leaving the sport? I don't mean for this to be a bash, just curious if I missed something.

The Shop

IWreckALot
1/18/2016 8:31am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I wasn't paying as much attention to the sport when the stroupe dealio went down. This may be too basic of a question, but what happened...
I wasn't paying as much attention to the sport when the stroupe dealio went down. This may be too basic of a question, but what happened? Was there a specific occurrence or was it just a lot of things compiling that led to him leaving the sport? I don't mean for this to be a bash, just curious if I missed something.
I believe he just got interested in drugs and girls more than moto. A mild JLaw. I don't recall any injuries that led to pain med addiction that lead to substance abuse. Could be wrong though.

I'm sure we believe the same way. If a dude wants to turn his shit around and try to claw his way back into the game, I'll support it. I hope he lands on the top in AX.

Anyone know why he decided to do AX instead of SX? Conditioning? Working back into it? Does he plan on staying in AX?
hvaughn88
1/18/2016 8:34am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I wasn't paying as much attention to the sport when the stroupe dealio went down. This may be too basic of a question, but what happened...
IWreckALot wrote:
I believe he just got interested in drugs and girls more than moto. A mild JLaw. I don't recall any injuries that led to pain med...
I believe he just got interested in drugs and girls more than moto. A mild JLaw. I don't recall any injuries that led to pain med addiction that lead to substance abuse. Could be wrong though.

I'm sure we believe the same way. If a dude wants to turn his shit around and try to claw his way back into the game, I'll support it. I hope he lands on the top in AX.

Anyone know why he decided to do AX instead of SX? Conditioning? Working back into it? Does he plan on staying in AX?
Cool, thanks for the info. And yeah, I agree, I'm all for people turning their lives around. Better late than never and he's still young. He still has a lot of time left to have a productive life. Good for him if he's getting it together.
mb60
1/18/2016 8:34am
I believe last week they said he secured a Kawasaki ride from a shop. Saw the video of him on Friday night and had a small tip over and still got a 5th. Was wondering what happened to him on Saturday night.
1/18/2016 9:13am
The Yamaha he rode in round 1 was a borrowed bike from Levi Kilbarger. Stroupie was a guest on the PulpMX show last week. Good interview.

Austin was on a 65cc back when I was racing locally here in the Carolina's. Glad to see him getting things back on track.
SKlein
1/18/2016 9:57am
IWreckALot wrote:
I believe he just got interested in drugs and girls more than moto. A mild JLaw. I don't recall any injuries that led to pain med...

On Pulpshow I believe he said it was an attempt to work back into it.
CG118
1/18/2016 10:08am
That would be awesome to see him make a comeback. How old is he now?
mjr119
1/18/2016 11:29am
He explains everything in the Pulp interview. Go back to it and listen, his part begins around 1 hr 20 min mark. It's worth the listen!

He says he wants to ease back into it. Seems like racing will be good for him, he probably needs something to focus his attention on.

Remember ladies, talent never goes away! He's only 25. I'd expect to see him with a ride eventually. If he keeps at it.
kiwifan
1/18/2016 11:41am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2016 11:42am
I hope Geico or PC pick him up next year, mind you with Martin and Webb in 450's next year might open up a spot for him on Yamaha?
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
1/18/2016 2:53pm
kiwifan wrote:
I hope Geico or PC pick him up next year, mind you with Martin and Webb in 450's next year might open up a spot for...
I hope Geico or PC pick him up next year, mind you with Martin and Webb in 450's next year might open up a spot for him on Yamaha?
I'm a Stroupe fan but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The guy has potential but he has a lot of proving to do before even being considered as fill in rider for one of those teams. Guys like Stroupe do have that "it" factor that you can't teach. He used to just completely rip it on that old KX250F back in the day. Hope he can turn it around and be that type of rider again. 25 years old is still very young so there is no doubt he is physically capable, lets just hope he can continue pushing and get some good results in AX, and then he has a good shot of doing good in 250 SX next year. If it wasn't for Pourcel he no doubt would've been the 2009 champ.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/18/2016 3:01pm
kiwifan wrote:
I hope Geico or PC pick him up next year, mind you with Martin and Webb in 450's next year might open up a spot for...
Unless Martin wins a 250 Supercross title, he doesn't have to move up and I'm not sure if he will.

Also, Austin has just barely gotten back into racing and is running the Arenacros Lites division... getting a head of ourselves here.

Geico and PC pretty much already have full rosters for next year...
mx836
1/18/2016 3:04pm
From what I have seen he is running both classes. Was mixing it up with the front runners quite well from the MXPTV clips I saw. I think he's going to surpass Arenacross quickly if that's what he wants to do. He's still only 25.
richter28
Fantasy
156th
1/18/2016 3:47pm
Yep ran Lites class once and dominated. Will be a factor in the AX class if he stays healthy. The amount he improved from round 1 to this weekend was pretty incredible.
jmx411
1/18/2016 3:47pm
Stroupe will figure arenacross out and hopefully get into top 10 for the chase or whatever they call it in arenacross. Who knows what could happen after that but I don't think expecting him to win a few rounds is to far fetch.
kiwifan
1/18/2016 3:58pm
kiwifan wrote:
iudi2006 wrote:
I'm a Stroupe fan but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The guy has potential but he has a lot of proving to do before even...
I'm a Stroupe fan but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The guy has potential but he has a lot of proving to do before even being considered as fill in rider for one of those teams. Guys like Stroupe do have that "it" factor that you can't teach. He used to just completely rip it on that old KX250F back in the day. Hope he can turn it around and be that type of rider again. 25 years old is still very young so there is no doubt he is physically capable, lets just hope he can continue pushing and get some good results in AX, and then he has a good shot of doing good in 250 SX next year. If it wasn't for Pourcel he no doubt would've been the 2009 champ.
just tossing the idea out there :-)
kiwifan
1/18/2016 3:58pm
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Unless Martin wins a 250 Supercross title, he doesn't have to move up and I'm not sure if he will. Also, Austin has just barely gotten...
Unless Martin wins a 250 Supercross title, he doesn't have to move up and I'm not sure if he will.

Also, Austin has just barely gotten back into racing and is running the Arenacros Lites division... getting a head of ourselves here.

ah ok was just tossing the idea out there :-)
GD2
Fantasy
815th
1/18/2016 4:00pm
Very cool to see him racing again. Would be awesome to see him win or podium a main event in the Arenacross Class. (Not lites where he has already won a main I believe.)
jleews6
1/18/2016 4:39pm
Saturday night he won the lights class and then raced the 450s a few minutes later. He got a bad start but was blowing through the pack like he was on fire until he went down.
I hope the guy keeps his head together and keeps working hard. He can be better then he ever was and he was pretty damn good.
Grizz
1/18/2016 4:47pm
jleews6 wrote:
Saturday night he won the lights class and then raced the 450s a few minutes later. He got a bad start but was blowing through the...
Saturday night he won the lights class and then raced the 450s a few minutes later. He got a bad start but was blowing through the pack like he was on fire until he went down.
I hope the guy keeps his head together and keeps working hard. He can be better then he ever was and he was pretty damn good.
They are all 250's just so you know.
Mia
1/18/2016 5:00pm
Maybe win like 4 ax titles in a row To even get considered for the pc team ,,, Leave him alone and let him get back into racing .. Too much pressure to fast may not be the answer for a recovering person .. I'm glad he's back riding. And glad he's doing well. But he needs to separate himself from all the beggars and hangers on from his past. It's time to rise. !!
Mia
1/18/2016 5:42pm
Maybe win like 4 ax titles in a row To even get considered for the pc team ,,, Leave him alone and let him get back into racing .. Too much pressure to fast may not be the answer for a recovering person .. I'm glad he's back riding. And glad he's doing well. But he needs to separate himself from all the beggars and hangers on from his past. It's time to rise. !!
mxjon454
1/18/2016 5:44pm
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Unless Martin wins a 250 Supercross title, he doesn't have to move up and I'm not sure if he will. Also, Austin has just barely gotten...

I thought he pointed out of the 250 class in supercross for getting x amount of points in '08, '09, and '10 and thats why he moved up to the 450 class in '11. If he didnt point out im sure he wouldve had better offers to ride a 250 then a 450 deal with Valli that yr. If he came back to sx can he ride a 250 since he hasnt raced in a couole of yrs?

Post a reply to: Stroupe

The Latest