Streaming in Canada

c_dub
1/3/2015 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 8:57pm
Andddddddd now it's not working Sad

Is the Livestream link still working for you guys? It's locked up for me......"loading....please wait".
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
1/3/2015 9:04pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 11:46am
c_dub wrote:

Is the Livestream link still working for you guys? It's locked up for me......"loading....please wait".
c_dub
1/3/2015 9:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 9:06pm
c_dub wrote:

wsc96 wrote:
Thanks.

Yeah, I gave up on it to and am using the cricfree posted on the first page http://cricfree.sx/fox-sports-1-usa-live-stream .

Sucks, the quality was quite good on the livestream link.

The Shop

scooter5002
1/3/2015 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 9:33pm
No hocus pocus here, watching it on regular cable. What's everyone else's problem? Evil
Ultra54
1/3/2015 10:07pm
It worked good for me, didn't miss anything.
c_dub
1/3/2015 10:11pm
Ultra54 wrote:
It worked good for me, didn't miss anything.
It started to work for me again right before the main. Hopefully we have this all year. Well, better yet, if DISH would just get the damn FOX Sports GO app I'd be set Angry
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 10:59pm
Ok mjskier's method worked for me. The stream fizzled out a couple times right before both main events but I was able to refresh the page and get it started again. What I don't understand is why do people across seas get to watch it streamed for free but people in the native country of the event don't?
Bineano
1/4/2015 9:13am
Well I tried the FoxChannel feed direct (a 3 day trial for $5.00-ish dollars), and it was worth about ZERO. Absolute friggin crap viewing, commercials were about all we could view without glitches . Had some friends over to watch the "Big Season Opener"...they won't be doing that again anytime soon.
DPW
1/4/2015 1:49pm
Kawi4life wrote:
Ok mjskier's method worked for me. The stream fizzled out a couple times right before both main events but I was able to refresh the page...
Ok mjskier's method worked for me. The stream fizzled out a couple times right before both main events but I was able to refresh the page and get it started again. What I don't understand is why do people across seas get to watch it streamed for free but people in the native country of the event don't?
I've wondered the same thing why the night show is not streamed in the USA. I'd pay to be able to watch the night show streaming live HD
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/9/2015 9:50pm
No hocus pocus here, watching it on regular cable. What's everyone else's problem? Evil
I've got Direct TV, so I've never had a problem getting the races. But that's all I hear about around here is how nobody can find the races blah blah blah. My neighbour this week asked me what I thought of the races. I asked him how he watched it. He told me he has Shaw Direct and gets Speed. Not much hocus pocus there either.

There you have it (Canadian) folks. Switch to Shaw and you will have no problems flicking on the TV and watching the races.
nickm
1/10/2015 6:17am Edited Date/Time 1/10/2015 6:18am
Sooner or later all carriers are going to drop Speed, the CRTC might even shut them down. The reason Rogers and others dumped them was because they keep broadcasting an identical set of shows and spots week over week except for a once a week live event.

I just wish Fox would let us pay for a live stream...they are the owners of Speed in canada so its not like they are stepping on anyone who bought the rights for Canada- they own the rights here too.

I pay for MotoGP stream and I have to admit I FAR prefer a well done stream like that to a regular TV broadcast. They walk through the pits and starting line interviewing every rider before the race, you also get to see a ton of stuff behind the scenes. stuff regular TV would never have time or desire to put on air.
ns503
1/10/2015 6:39am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
I've got Direct TV, so I've never had a problem getting the races. But that's all I hear about around here is how nobody can find...
I've got Direct TV, so I've never had a problem getting the races. But that's all I hear about around here is how nobody can find the races blah blah blah. My neighbour this week asked me what I thought of the races. I asked him how he watched it. He told me he has Shaw Direct and gets Speed. Not much hocus pocus there either.

There you have it (Canadian) folks. Switch to Shaw and you will have no problems flicking on the TV and watching the races.
Call Shaw up & ask them how much longer they will be carrying Speed. You will not get an answer - or the answer will be 'can't say at this time'. The clock is ticking there.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
708th
1/10/2015 11:40am
shiftmx_22 wrote:
I've got Direct TV, so I've never had a problem getting the races. But that's all I hear about around here is how nobody can find...

ns503 wrote:
Call Shaw up & ask them how much longer they will be carrying Speed. You will not get an answer - or the answer will be...
Call Shaw up & ask them how much longer they will be carrying Speed. You will not get an answer - or the answer will be 'can't say at this time'. The clock is ticking there.
That I didn't know. That is a crappy deal.
Bineano
1/10/2015 5:14pm
I would switch to Shaw in a heartbeat, but I GUARANTEE the minute I do, Speed gets cut-off. Thats just how things work in my world, lol.
Seriously though, I read somewhere that Speed had around 3.5 million subscribers in Canada. Lets just say even if 10% were SX/MX fans... if SOMEONE sold real solid, Live feeds, that is a decent amount of paying customers.
I think its time to start "The Bineano Channel HD".... All SX/MX ALL the time, lol.
nickm
1/10/2015 7:58pm
Problem isn't the subscribers, its their broadcast licence. Their licence is granted to broadcast motorsports. 95% reruns of the same reality TV shows over and over again = in violation of licence.

I honestly wish they'd just drop the channel in canada and allow subscribers to their online service instead.
blaney372
1/10/2015 8:20pm
klutchmkg wrote:
i use hola.org then signup for livestream ,set your proxy to the UK on Hola by clicking the flaming dude in upper right corner. im on...
i use hola.org then signup for livestream ,set your proxy to the UK on Hola by clicking the flaming dude in upper right corner. im on firefox.

http://new.livestream.com/SupercrossLIVE/events/3698005
Yup same here klutch.... hola app on my ipad with location set to UK and livestream app. Worjing amazingly. Supercross and beers in the tub haha it works great
MotoMo165
1/16/2016 5:53pm
Anyone still using the hola trick? My friends trying to use this method but isn't sure what to do.. I'm on mobile so can't open the above link.
blaney372
1/16/2016 6:12pm
I can't see any feeds from live stream for the race. Set my location to Germany. This blows serious donkey dicks. I'd pay good money to see this shit but can't even do that. Brutal.

Post a reply to: Streaming in Canada

The Latest