Streaming in Canada

Ultra54
1/2/2015 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2019 11:47am
I have had great success in the past using a free program called Hotspot Shield to fool the sites that are blocked by using an American i.p. address. I tested it out on Livestream just now and it appears to work. Without it turned on the site is blocked and with it enabled I don't get the blockd message. I've used it for years on Allisports to watch the mysteriously banned 2nd motos. It definitely works but make sure you flush out your internet cache then reboot.Before opening your browser enable it and then simply go to the Livestream and enjoy. What I'm getting at is if you have been surfing and then deside to enable Hotspot without doing what I suggest it will still have your old Canadian i.p. in use. It is free with some advertising so I bought it for a year for 29 bucks. It has definitely been worth it for me.
|
ZOOK250
1/2/2015 6:44pm
Awsome, thanks for the info.
1/3/2015 1:03pm
After installing Hotspot Shield and setting my virtual location to "United States", it still says:

This Event is not available in your location
The owner of this event has chosen to block your location.If you think there has been an issue,please contact the event owner.

I cleared my browser history since the beginning of time in Chrome and restarted before trying. Oh well!
Bineano
1/3/2015 4:23pm
Any other Canuck-ians have success with this method?
Soooo pleased with the current TV Programming and channel selection in Canada now, jeez.
Although I hate to admit it, I would pay for a good reliable feed that is not pirated, full of bs adds, just the whole night Live...
Shaw seems like the only way (for now), but seriously. no friggin Canadian feeds?
Saturday night has been Family SX nights in our household for almost 20 years now, but not a lot of options...
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 4:37pm
So livestream does the main events?

The Shop

mjskier
1/3/2015 4:55pm
Like I said in another thread...

If you install the Hola Better extension in Chrome, you can change your location (to the UK for example...) Wink

The livestream is blocked in the US too. You have to come from a European address to be able to watch it.
ZOOK250
1/3/2015 5:01pm
I get the same message. My ip is supposedly out of Columbus, Ohio. Anyone else get hot spot to work?
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 5:03pm
mjskier wrote:
Like I said in another thread... If you install the [url=https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en]Hola Better[/url] extension in Chrome, you can change your location (to the UK for example...) ;)...

If you install the Hola Better extension in Chrome, you can change your location (to the UK for example...) Wink

The livestream is blocked in the US too. You have to come from a European address to be able to watch it.
I did all that and it let me in but the stream stopped during practice. So my confusion is, does the stream come back again for the main event or do they only show practice? Also, is sx.officialsatellitetv.com/ a legit site? I don't mind paying for a more premium service but I'll never pay for traditional TV again...
ZOOK250
1/3/2015 5:05pm
Wow, screwed it up. If you put your default country as the United kingdom it should work. I just tested the international connection and it worked as far as I can tell. The video played fine.
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 5:05pm
mjskier wrote:
Like I said in another thread... If you install the [url=https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en]Hola Better[/url] extension in Chrome, you can change your location (to the UK for example...) ;)...

I did all that and it let me in but the stream stopped during practice. So my confusion is, does the stream come back again for the main event or do they only show practice? Also, is sx.officialsatellitetv.com/ a legit site? I don't mind paying for a more premium service but I'll never pay for traditional TV again...
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 5:06pm
mjskier wrote:

I did all that and it let me in but the stream stopped during practice. So my confusion is, does the stream come back again for the main event or do they only show practice? Also, is sx.officialsatellitetv. com a legit site? I don't mind paying for a more premium service but I'll never pay for traditional TV again...
Kawi4life
1/3/2015 5:07pm
mjskier wrote:

I did all that and it let me in but the stream stopped during practice. So my confusion is, does the stream come back again for the main event or do they only show practice?
ChrisB10
1/3/2015 5:09pm
MAKE SURE if you are using a tablet or phone you have your location services turned off!!!
mjskier
1/3/2015 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 5:19pm
Don't know if livestream will be back for the main. But the main is 1:45 hours from now (8PM mountain time), so I'm not panicking yet.
Ultra54
1/3/2015 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 5:33pm
I have had mixed success. The first couple of attempts I got in then after I kept getting denied. I switched the location from the U.S. to the U.K. and I got in again. I have used Hotspot for years now and it has always worked. I ended up buying it because of our stupid copyright laws. It works with Pandora also.

edit: The UK seams to work but I think you have to buy Hotspot to be able to choose the country.
1/3/2015 5:42pm
I have both(hotspot and hola)
Hotspot doesnt work.. Hola instead let me enter the UK streaming page. It should work come race time.
mjskier
1/3/2015 5:47pm
No need to pay with Hola Better (link in my previous post)

With that said, I don't know much about that extension (besides the fact that it worked for practice for me)
As with any extension I'm a bit cautious until I understand how it works. (Does it only works for a specific page when you click on its icon and select a country, or does it reroute all of your internet traffic, steal your passwords, beat up your dog, sleep with your wife.., that sort of things)

Ultra54
1/3/2015 6:02pm
I've never been on Livestream so I'm not certain but I believe this is working with Hotspot with your country as the U.K. as you can see from my screen.

Ultra54
1/3/2015 6:08pm
I still can't believe that I can't simply turn on my TV and watch this...
pitre94
1/3/2015 6:12pm
Did anyone else have to login after changing location?
1/3/2015 6:28pm
I'm going with the HOLA extension for chrome, for some reason from my country (Belgium) it was not accesible but changing to UK / Germany worked .. not sure why it would work from there and not in my country but whatever i just wanna see some live SX !!!!!!!
sendin71
1/3/2015 6:30pm
what is the most solid site to stream from with no problems?
pitre94
1/3/2015 6:51pm
sendin71 wrote:
what is the most solid site to stream from with no problems?
Supercrosslink

Here, but make sure you use Hola to change your location to the UK or else it wont let you watch it. Hurry tho because you got like 9 minutes.
Ultra54
1/3/2015 7:05pm
Its working perfectly
CASH476
1/3/2015 7:59pm
Thanks for the info guys, added hola to firefox and watching live Supercross as we speak CoolWinkSmile
ZOOK250
1/3/2015 8:04pm
How's the stream quality for you guys? Pretty choppy here. Audio is fine though.
c_dub
1/3/2015 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/3/2015 9:03pm
Thanks for the "Hola" heads up fellas! Took me a couple tries but is working now. Not great quality (certainly not HD) but it is better than the free stream elsewhere.

p.s. I love these sports internet streams b/c most of the time there are no commercials with any of them. Wondorous!
Ultra54
1/3/2015 8:33pm
80 % great 20 % pixilated junk. Right now they are little blobs.
c_dub
1/3/2015 8:38pm
refresh Ultra. I was having that problem too and a refresh straightened it out.

Post a reply to: Streaming in Canada

The Latest