Strategy for 450 Final Race

kpiper
6/18/2020 4:56pm
Dust601 wrote:
So you think one guy trying to slow down, and hold up his competition is somehow the same thing as a entire brand of bike riders...
So you think one guy trying to slow down, and hold up his competition is somehow the same thing as a entire brand of bike riders all trying to hold up one rider? That’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read on here, and that’s saying something congrats!

If Webb himself tried to hold up Tomac that would be a actual similar situation, and I don’t think Tomac would have a single thing to complain about in that situation since he’s done the same thing before.
Cool I'm not the only thinking how dumb this post was. What would be the point of a "moving block?" Tomac only has to finish 19th.
What's so different about it? One person blocking vs a team blocking? Either way, it's a chickenshit move or great strategy (depending on your personal view)...
What's so different about it? One person blocking vs a team blocking? Either way, it's a chickenshit move or great strategy (depending on your personal view). Yes, Tomac only has to finish 19th, but it would be possible to make him finish last if all of the KTM riders decided to block him. (and yeah, all the Kawasaki's could drop out ...) About 99.9999% chance that it's not going to happen; but as I stated, it is a hypothetical question concerning the overall reaction.

They would have to crash Tomac hard to make him finish last.

Even if he finished behind every KTM/Husky rider, etc he would still be 19th or better.
BobbyM
6/18/2020 5:15pm
500guy wrote:
Tomac only needs 4 points, He will get them and there is no guarantee Web will win , if Web doesn't win Tomac will only need...
Tomac only needs 4 points, He will get them and there is no guarantee Web will win , if Web doesn't win Tomac will only need 1 point, basically if Tomac makes the Main He will win it.
Yup 500guy. I could see Tomac smoking all in the main too.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
6/18/2020 5:16pm
Webb’s best chance is if Eli accidentally bumps Barcia.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
6/18/2020 5:38pm
Eli will pick an inside gate pick to be safe. He will try to get a jump off the start but if its not perfect, he will back out and focus on getting through the first turn with no carnage or damage to the bike. Then he will finish somewhere around 5th or so because he's just that fast. For him, trying to lay up and go slower INCREASES his risk of crashing. He will just go out and put in the laps, not make any risky passes and finish around 5th, and take the championship. Just play it safe. If by chance he does get a great jump off the gate and hole shots, I could see him winning the race.

The Shop

Lloydcarter
6/18/2020 5:51pm
So much brain energy being wasted here lol
BobbyM
6/18/2020 6:10pm
With limited security and very few people in the pits it's possible to sneak over to the kawy pits and slip the #3 a salt Peter into that werks fuel tank. It's possible, why try to take him out on the track when you can prevent him from getting on the track. Man I'm smart..... 😎

Of course they can always counter with

6/18/2020 7:41pm
Markturbo wrote:
Gate drops, Eli sits at the gate for 3 or 4 seconds to avoid the crowd, catch and pass the last few riders in the pack...
Gate drops, Eli sits at the gate for 3 or 4 seconds to avoid the crowd, catch and pass the last few riders in the pack and then cruise around.
Can someone change my mind on how this isn't actually the safest strategy?? I don't want to believe that it is... but eliminating the first turn...
Can someone change my mind on how this isn't actually the safest strategy?? I don't want to believe that it is... but eliminating the first turn drama by just not being anywhere near it seems like an huge immediate reduction in DNF risk
I don’t know - Tomac isn’t used to riding around. Ever try doing a section half speed and get all wonky?

If I were in his corner I’d just tell him hey you got this. Ride your race. And let him decide what he wants to do.

I’d be more worried about this championship if I was his mechanic. I’d have two - one watching the other even if it was just a lever adjustment.
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
6/19/2020 3:45am
The best defense is a good offense.
sandtrack315
6/19/2020 4:54am
TbonesPop wrote:
Eli will pick an inside gate pick to be safe. He will try to get a jump off the start but if its not perfect, he...
Eli will pick an inside gate pick to be safe. He will try to get a jump off the start but if its not perfect, he will back out and focus on getting through the first turn with no carnage or damage to the bike. Then he will finish somewhere around 5th or so because he's just that fast. For him, trying to lay up and go slower INCREASES his risk of crashing. He will just go out and put in the laps, not make any risky passes and finish around 5th, and take the championship. Just play it safe. If by chance he does get a great jump off the gate and hole shots, I could see him winning the race.
Yes, this is spot on.

He's a racer. The best way to win the championship is to go out and act like it's another race he wants to win.
gt80rider
6/19/2020 10:10am
The only real racing Sunday is gonna be for second overall in the series.... Seemed like et3 laid off on Weds just to make sure the final actually mattered... Can u imagine the title wrapped a race early, with No fans in attendance?
motomike137
6/19/2020 11:28am
gt80rider wrote:
The only real racing Sunday is gonna be for second overall in the series.... Seemed like et3 laid off on Weds just to make sure the...
The only real racing Sunday is gonna be for second overall in the series.... Seemed like et3 laid off on Weds just to make sure the final actually mattered... Can u imagine the title wrapped a race early, with No fans in attendance?
Have you been building model cars a lot recently?

Post a reply to: Strategy for 450 Final Race

The Latest