Story time: JLaw

agn5009
5/4/2019 3:36am
I’m just reading this thread trying to think of Sexton or any of these 250 guys being such a badass....and I just can’t see it. J-Law...
I’m just reading this thread trying to think of Sexton or any of these 250 guys being such a badass....and I just can’t see it.

J-Law was the last of an era and arguably 15 years late. Hopefully he gets paid some day to make a book or movie.
It’s a good thing most guys aren’t like him. Their careers would inevitably end up similar to his. Believe it or not, most professionals strive to be the best and win championships. Honestly, do you think it’s cool to just throw away an amazing career where you could make a really great living being one of the best? If you think that’s cool then I feel sorry for you.
MaxPower
5/4/2019 4:49am
icrashalot wrote:
Ping needs to get him on the whiskey throttle show
That’s a great idea!
MaxPower
5/4/2019 4:54am
I think it’s crazy how people get over what JLaw does with JLaws life
MaxPower
5/4/2019 5:01am
Jrewing wrote:
I love the guy. Walks to the beat of his drum and had talent beyond 99.99%
I agree
Although I’ll admit,Id rather read about him doing something silly than be a victim of his giving no fucks attitude
The sport needs a JLaw

The Shop

str8line
5/4/2019 6:27am
All fun and games till he wrecks or steals your shit(or fucks up your race team). He may have been a good dude at times but he probably hurt a lot of people and shouldn't be put on a pedestal.
ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 6:30am
icrashalot wrote:
Ping needs to get him on the whiskey throttle show
MaxPower wrote:
That’s a great idea!
If you could get him to actually show up as scheduled.
akillerwombat
5/4/2019 8:14am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 8:19am
For a flawed human JLaw was a fucking beast on a motorcycle.

I don't understand why people knock the guy. Everyone that supported him knew their investment could go through the roof or drop like a fucking rock. Sure, he didn't rack up the championships but he came in, did shit his own way, proved he could run with (and beat) the best, had way more fucking fun than I'd bet anyone that threw a leg over a bike at the time, left us all with a shit ton of stories, and walked away injury free.

Just because he didn't live up to what you think his potential was doesn't mean he didn't live up to what his potential actually was.
ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 8:21am
For a flawed human JLaw was a fucking beast on a motorcycle. I don't understand why people knock the guy. Everyone that supported him knew their...
For a flawed human JLaw was a fucking beast on a motorcycle.

I don't understand why people knock the guy. Everyone that supported him knew their investment could go through the roof or drop like a fucking rock. Sure, he didn't rack up the championships but he came in, did shit his own way, proved he could run with (and beat) the best, had way more fucking fun than I'd bet anyone that threw a leg over a bike at the time, left us all with a shit ton of stories, and walked away injury free.

Just because he didn't live up to what you think his potential was doesn't mean he didn't live up to what his potential actually was.
If it ended at him just doing it his own way and getting out of it what he put in I don't think he would be put down as much. It's the people who invested time and money in him and ended up getting screwed over is more the reason for it. But hey I guess you could say they should have known what they were getting into too I don't know.
For a brief time it was fun watching him ride.
akillerwombat
5/4/2019 8:25am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 8:27am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
If it ended at him just doing it his own way and getting out of it what he put in I don't think he would be...
If it ended at him just doing it his own way and getting out of it what he put in I don't think he would be put down as much. It's the people who invested time and money in him and ended up getting screwed over is more the reason for it. But hey I guess you could say they should have known what they were getting into too I don't know.
JLaw was a day trading stock that people wanted to treat like a penny stock.

It's shitty some people lost money on him but he was never going to be a penny stock; everyone knew that including those who invested in him.
life_of_jaze
5/4/2019 8:49am
MotoMo165 wrote:
One time during a national he hooked a right and rode the SX track for a lap and jumped back on the track
Budds Creek
life_of_jaze
5/4/2019 9:24am
MotoMo165 wrote:
One time during a national he hooked a right and rode the SX track for a lap and jumped back on the track
greenmx5 wrote:
For anyone curious, here's the ariel view of Budd's. The arrow is where he jumped onto the SX track. They built it in the infield of...
For anyone curious, here's the ariel view of Budd's. The arrow is where he jumped onto the SX track. They built it in the infield of the speedway.

There had been a pit bike race there on Friday night but it was too muddy so everyone was riding them around the speedway sliding everywhere. Jason was there riding a 110 with everyone. He loved riding dirt bikes.
5/4/2019 10:29am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 10:37am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
If it ended at him just doing it his own way and getting out of it what he put in I don't think he would be...
Not disagreeing, just an observation. Why do companies invest money in MX riders? Certainly not for a percentage of their winnings. In most cases, it is solely for product exposure. This guy is still providing product exposure 10 years later. Probably not a bad investment. Edited: Just realized that Squirellings (sp?) made the same point earlier in the thread.
5/4/2019 12:11pm
I’m just reading this thread trying to think of Sexton or any of these 250 guys being such a badass....and I just can’t see it. J-Law...
I’m just reading this thread trying to think of Sexton or any of these 250 guys being such a badass....and I just can’t see it.

J-Law was the last of an era and arguably 15 years late. Hopefully he gets paid some day to make a book or movie.
agn5009 wrote:
It’s a good thing most guys aren’t like him. Their careers would inevitably end up similar to his. Believe it or not, most professionals strive to...
It’s a good thing most guys aren’t like him. Their careers would inevitably end up similar to his. Believe it or not, most professionals strive to be the best and win championships. Honestly, do you think it’s cool to just throw away an amazing career where you could make a really great living being one of the best? If you think that’s cool then I feel sorry for you.
Who gives a shit what other people do with their lives is what I say, but I don’t have a stick up my ass. Tongue
ruy
5/4/2019 1:05pm

ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 1:33pm
Not disagreeing, just an observation. Why do companies invest money in MX riders? Certainly not for a percentage of their winnings. In most cases, it is...
Not disagreeing, just an observation. Why do companies invest money in MX riders? Certainly not for a percentage of their winnings. In most cases, it is solely for product exposure. This guy is still providing product exposure 10 years later. Probably not a bad investment. Edited: Just realized that Squirellings (sp?) made the same point earlier in the thread.
That's all fine . I wouldn't have any I'll will towards him . I do find the mob mentality of his supporters interesting though. If you don't really care for him or what he stands for how you are belittled by them . It's funny.
mxb2
5/4/2019 1:36pm
Not disagreeing, just an observation. Why do companies invest money in MX riders? Certainly not for a percentage of their winnings. In most cases, it is...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
That's all fine . I wouldn't have any I'll will towards him . I do find the mob mentality of his supporters interesting though. If you...
That's all fine . I wouldn't have any I'll will towards him . I do find the mob mentality of his supporters interesting though. If you don't really care for him or what he stands for how you are belittled by them . It's funny.
Its called immature. If you dont like something or someone. We all have likes and dislikes.
Ray_MXS
5/4/2019 1:49pm
While I personally think the guy was a punk and he annoyed the shit out of me, there's no denying that racing was more interesting with him in it.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/4/2019 2:08pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
While I personally think the guy was a punk and he annoyed the shit out of me, there's no denying that racing was more interesting with...
While I personally think the guy was a punk and he annoyed the shit out of me, there's no denying that racing was more interesting with him in it.
How so?
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
5/4/2019 4:48pm
Bidirella wrote:
What happend with his comeback deal?
Do you mean the one in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018?

We should be hearing the announcement about his 2019 run at the Nationals from his die hard supporters any day now.

I seem to recall a team having a bike ready for him for a "comeback" at Hangtown one year and he never even showed up. Real nice guy he is. But, hey, remember... He doesn't give any fucks.. so that makes him awesome.
agn5009
5/4/2019 4:49pm

agn5009 wrote:
It’s a good thing most guys aren’t like him. Their careers would inevitably end up similar to his. Believe it or not, most professionals strive to...
Who gives a shit what other people do with their lives is what I say, but I don’t have a stick up my ass. Tongue
I don’t either. But if you believe “most” professionals strive to have a career such as JLaw’s then you’re just flat out incorrect. I responded to nates post pretty damn accurately. I never said I cared what he wanted to do. I hope he’s happy and enjoying life. I simply stated the obvious. And that’s that most pros want to be the best and win a bunch (ala Dungey, Villopoto, Carmichael, Reed, Stewart, McGrath etc)

Ask any of the young 250 guys if they aspire to have JLaws career or any of the above listed guys. I doubt any one of them would say JLaw.

Prove me wrong on that statement. It’s funny, I state the obvious (which no one with half a brain would dispute) yet I’ve got a stick up my ass Laughing
Brent
5/4/2019 5:35pm
UpTiTe wrote:
He was a dick that treated most people like shit.
I got into it with that little fuckwad at Cahuilla about 12 years ago, he was loading up next to me and decided to do donuts on his bike in the middle of the pits, everyone and their pit and kids and bikes and food got covered in dust...

Hopefully he got help for his broken brain, but I doubt it...
ATKpilot99
5/4/2019 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2019 5:47pm
UpTiTe wrote:
He was a dick that treated most people like shit.
Brent wrote:
I got into it with that little fuckwad at Cahuilla about 12 years ago, he was loading up next to me and decided to do donuts...
I got into it with that little fuckwad at Cahuilla about 12 years ago, he was loading up next to me and decided to do donuts on his bike in the middle of the pits, everyone and their pit and kids and bikes and food got covered in dust...

Hopefully he got help for his broken brain, but I doubt it...
But hey bro he did it his way and gave no fucks . Huh
TeamFlannel
5/4/2019 5:46pm
Camp332 wrote:
Raceway Park, NJ. JLaw was in supermini class. Duel gate drop with open A. Open A class goes first, Supermini goes 2nd. JLaw caught Damien Plotts...
Raceway Park, NJ. JLaw was in supermini class. Duel gate drop with open A. Open A class goes first, Supermini goes 2nd. JLaw caught Damien Plotts for the Open A class lead. (Damien Plotts scored points in the AMA nationals for reference sake)
Really? What track/sanctioning body would run Open A Bad Mo foes with just haven't even begun to drop yet S.Mini's??? BULLSHIT.
TeamFlannel
5/4/2019 5:54pm
Search phucktard on wiki, you'll see your beloved's douchebags face. How many championships did he earn? Oh yeah, ask the DUNGE...

Post a reply to: Story time: JLaw

The Latest