Story time: JLaw

Related:
Create New Tag

5/1/2019 6:40 PM

He's one of the most polarizing and interesting characters mx has ever seen and, while I've heard some great recounts of JLaw classics in threads here and there, let's bring all those stories to one thread. Please share the best and even the least interesting stories involving run-ins or known accounts of JLaw.

Warming the popcorn.

|

5/1/2019 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2019 6:58 PM

Raceway Park, NJ. JLaw was in supermini class. Duel gate drop with open A. Open A class goes first, Supermini goes 2nd. JLaw caught Damien Plotts for the Open A class lead. (Damien Plotts scored points in the AMA nationals for reference sake)

|

United States of America

5/1/2019 6:44 PM

I can guarantee you JLaw stays true to character. I played Xbox with him for a whole year, then when I left to vacation for a few weeks I came back and he completely bailed on the circle of friends (like 10 of us, on GP1 Xbox 360 days)

The dude was funny and gave no fucks, and hated losing ?

|

5/1/2019 7:19 PM

He broke Dungey and won the 08 west sx title. Never forget

|

5/1/2019 7:23 PM

I heard he rolled a rental car at the Texas national in 07 I think. Missed the race as well from what I recall.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
PROMO CODE: Hunter38 for 10% off your order at checkout! The best coffee and each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

5/1/2019 7:26 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Dungey learned from it and went on to have a HOF career.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/1/2019 7:28 PM

USA wrote:

I heard he rolled a rental car at the Texas national in 07 I think. Missed the race as well from what I recall.

I rolled into Freestone the next morning, and there was a tow truck pulling a small rental car out of a cattle tank. No way that a car should have been near that tank... Epic.

|

5/1/2019 7:31 PM

One time during a national he hooked a right and rode the SX track for a lap and jumped back on the track

|

5/1/2019 8:48 PM

Back in the mcm2 days, he uploaded a track dedicated to hating me. So that was pretty cool.
|

Mike

5/1/2019 9:14 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

X2 , yea he really showed dungey.

|

5/1/2019 9:18 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Boom!

|

5/1/2019 9:54 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Raceway Park, NJ. JLaw was in supermini class. Duel gate drop with open A. Open A class goes first, Supermini goes 2nd. JLaw caught Damien Plotts for the Open A class lead. (Damien Plotts scored points in the AMA nationals for reference sake)

Supermini and open A on a split gate? How much did you have to drink that day dude

|

5/1/2019 10:11 PM

The time he went to prison for biting someone’s ear off

|

5/1/2019 10:13 PM

that one Weimer told about him banging on the doghouse with the card up was funny af.

|

5/1/2019 10:25 PM

Hey brought me 3 chocolate shakes last night. I only ordered 2. He said don't worry about it. Great guy.

|

5/1/2019 11:08 PM

At Hangtown 2007 I think, he was taunting villopopto and when jlaw stopped rv wheelied his bike into him. haha one of the most funny moto stories

|

5/2/2019 1:55 AM

This one time at band camp........

|

5/2/2019 2:06 AM

ONE industries hiring him alongside Dungey..Dungey goes to Fox....ONE industries collapses

|

5/2/2019 3:10 AM

|

5/2/2019 4:23 AM

Camp332 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

Supermini and open A on a split gate? How much did you have to drink that day dude

15+ years ago Bro. Maybe it was 25+A and supermini.

|

United States of America

5/2/2019 4:46 AM

Camp332 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

I raced supermini with him 15 years ago quite often. And supermini was always grouped with Jr mini. I can't see them grouping a big bike class and supermini together. I even raced raceway park often.

|

5/2/2019 5:22 AM

Played Reflex with him quite a few times back in the day. One time I assume he forgot his mic was on or something and he was talking to someone about his “dealer” always getting him the “best shit”.........

|

5/2/2019 5:54 AM

greenmx5 wrote:

Camp332 wrote:

greenmx5 wrote:

I raced supermini with him 15 years ago quite often. And supermini was always grouped with Jr mini. I can't see them grouping a big bike class and supermini together. I even raced raceway park often.

More than a few times on superminis at redbud they ran a dual gate with a big bike class. It happens quite often here

|

5/2/2019 6:05 AM

I wish he was still around, he could ride the hell out of bike and was always good to shake things up a bit in the industry.

|

5/2/2019 6:16 AM

The one of him turning around and whaling on the track watering guy is pretty damn funny.

|

5/2/2019 6:23 AM

Ping needs to get him on the whiskey throttle show

|

5/2/2019 6:23 AM

2008 Championship podium speech. Dude this guy just not give a F about anything. We’ll never see a character like this in the sport ever again.
https://youtu.be/zUyKr9IWQQg

|

5/2/2019 6:24 AM

Rickyisms wrote:

The one of him turning around and whaling on the track watering guy is pretty damn funny.

He shook things up alright he was flat out nuts. Thats probably why he has the most nuts stories, heck Josh hill used to hang out with him, now he is the 2nd most nuts just because some of the nuts rubbed off on him.

|

5/2/2019 6:27 AM

RexEasely wrote:

ONE industries hiring him alongside Dungey..Dungey goes to Fox....ONE industries collapses

This one always cracks me up that people think ONE just chose J-law over Dungey.

At the time monster branded anything was flying off the shelves, and ONE had the branding licenses for gear and apparel.

Scott sepkovick (probably misspelled) was working with J-law, but had a say at monster as well....ONE wanted Dungey, but was not going to jeopardize loosing the cash cow that was Monster branding.

With all that aside, people forget when ONE signed Dungey, he wasn’t the Dungey we remember. Sure he was fast and a great kid, but it’s not like he was a multi-time champion that they “let go”.

|

shit'll buff out

5/2/2019 6:29 AM

I've heard back in 08 at a supercoss he snuck into Dungey's rig and farted on his pillow.

|

step derp, step step derp - my signature dance move