Story on Gothic Jay?

Blake
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:22am
What did he refuse to put on the bike that resulted in a time out?

BTW, I'm glad to hear he stuck to his guns and got reinstated...........but what was it?

|
peelout
1/20/2011 10:20am
i am curious as well, too much secrecy in this sport. if Payton Manning were to cough while pissing the public would see a 2 page PR discussing his possible injury layoff.
Lightning78
1/20/2011 10:52am
Highsider wrote:
None of our business.
Yes it is our business ..... as fans of the sport there shouldn't be a goddam cia high security on every little issue, injury etc...... no other sport that is at sx or above uses so many secrets and the fans wouldn't put up with it either .....why are we subject to it in sx/mx?

The Shop

Mstock
1/20/2011 11:03am
The reason the industry is tight lipped about everything is because they can. No tmz. No poparazzi (sp). ESPN is not camped out in the pits getting the scoop. Speed would rather create their own story. The mags/websites won't piss off a company or rider in fear of losing advertising dollars.

Good on Honda/Jay for working things out. Matthes needs to get Jay for a pulpcast.
IceMan446
1/20/2011 11:03am
Highsider wrote:
None of our business.
Yes it is our business ..... as fans of the sport there shouldn't be a goddam cia high security on every little issue, injury etc...... no...
Yes it is our business ..... as fans of the sport there shouldn't be a goddam cia high security on every little issue, injury etc...... no other sport that is at sx or above uses so many secrets and the fans wouldn't put up with it either .....why are we subject to it in sx/mx?
It is none of our business. Obviously its an issue between the team and Gothic J not between the public and the team. Now if the rider didn't show up for the main then it would be an issue the public would like to know about.

You think you know every team issue or personel issue for every major sports team out there? Not a fuckin chance. You people just want to know so you can come up with your own dream conclusion and start another damn traction control debate.

Bunch of 10th grade gossip mongers. Leave it between the team and the people hired by the TEAM
purpleNurple
1/20/2011 11:17am
IceMan446 wrote:
It is none of our business. Obviously its an issue between the team and Gothic J not between the public and the team. Now if the...
It is none of our business. Obviously its an issue between the team and Gothic J not between the public and the team. Now if the rider didn't show up for the main then it would be an issue the public would like to know about.

You think you know every team issue or personel issue for every major sports team out there? Not a fuckin chance. You people just want to know so you can come up with your own dream conclusion and start another damn traction control debate.

Bunch of 10th grade gossip mongers. Leave it between the team and the people hired by the TEAM
Gossip mongers? Really, because in every major sport their seems to be a lot less secret crap going on. Hell the NFL you got the public knowing about a coaches foot fetish, NHL you got coaches getting fined for putting money up to the players for scoring. Baseball you have players dating movie stars. Why our people trying to find out a part that a mechanic stood his ground on considered gossip mongers in your book? Yes I get it people go crazy with stories and rumors but in reality it is no different then any other sport. In fact I would argue the industry creates a lot more stupid rumors because of the secrecy. I dont care if Honda doesnt tell anybody, but because they arent you now have rumors instead of facts.
Blake
1/20/2011 11:32am
Im interested in the technical side of it. I dont give a shit about the personal side other than why he felt the need to stand up about it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/20/2011 11:37am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2011 11:38am
peelout wrote:
i am curious as well, too much secrecy in this sport. if Payton Manning were to cough while pissing the public would see a 2 page...
i am curious as well, too much secrecy in this sport. if Payton Manning were to cough while pissing the public would see a 2 page PR discussing his possible injury layoff.
Most the people at the pro level of this sport are more secretive then people that I know that are involved in modern organized crime.
Frigging joke a lot of them are! Smile
DPR250R
1/20/2011 11:53am
I know... but I would be risking everything if I told.
sfairbro
1/20/2011 12:08pm
I heard they were going to put on a Jimmy Weinert paddle tire. Only kidding...
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
1/20/2011 1:02pm
How aboout it's normal for team/athletes to keep things like this close to the vest and it's normal for people to want to know. Wanting to know doesn't mean you're entitled to know, and wanting to keep things quiet doesn't mean it will happen if someone digs and reports. Teams are still tight-lipped when there's an ESPN, TMZ whatever digging around.

Normally, fans don't hear everything they want and teams hear more out there than they want. Have I mentioned that's normal?
Matthes
1/20/2011 1:04pm
I kind of know what the part was and what it does but not enough to put it out there and really, to me-that doesn't matter. That's kind of none of our business.

The only reason it came to light was because Gothic was at A1 and not working for Grant when him and I had talked a few days before and he told me how excited he was for the season and how cool JG was.

I don't think the Honda guys are that pumped with me putting it out there but what does anyone there think is going to happen? At the first race, JG's mechanic is sitting in the stands while another dude is holding the pitboard and we're all just supposed to shrug our shoulders and go, "oh well?"..
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
1/20/2011 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2011 1:07pm
Matthes wrote:
I kind of know what the part was and what it does but not enough to put it out there and really, to me-that doesn't matter...
I kind of know what the part was and what it does but not enough to put it out there and really, to me-that doesn't matter. That's kind of none of our business.

The only reason it came to light was because Gothic was at A1 and not working for Grant when him and I had talked a few days before and he told me how excited he was for the season and how cool JG was.

I don't think the Honda guys are that pumped with me putting it out there but what does anyone there think is going to happen? At the first race, JG's mechanic is sitting in the stands while another dude is holding the pitboard and we're all just supposed to shrug our shoulders and go, "oh well?"..
Hey "Blake",

When are you going to post that footage you promised Matthes about the PulpMX show flashing incident at Lake Havasu?
dc1236
1/20/2011 1:13pm
Who did Gothic Jay wrench for last year? I vaguely remember hearing a story from the rider who said they wouldn't have done as good if it was for him, because they knew he set the bike up right the first time. Was it Shorty?
Blake
1/20/2011 1:14pm
Matthes wrote:
I kind of know what the part was and what it does but not enough to put it out there and really, to me-that doesn't matter...

That was my point..........and then the rumors fly.

I've already heard all kinds of BS rumors that are possible, but I highly doubt them. Things you couldnt hide once you rolled the bike to the line.

flarider
1/20/2011 1:22pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Hey "Blake",

When are you going to post that footage you promised Matthes about the PulpMX show flashing incident at Lake Havasu?
THIS
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
1/20/2011 1:51pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Hey "Blake",

flarider wrote:
THIS
x2!
ocscottie
1/20/2011 2:11pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Hey "Blake",

flarider wrote:
THIS
tcannon521 wrote:
x2!
Its in his files, right next to the kickstarting a bike in the air.
IceMan446
1/20/2011 2:13pm
IceMan446 wrote:
It is none of our business. Obviously its an issue between the team and Gothic J not between the public and the team. Now if the...

Gossip mongers? Really, because in every major sport their seems to be a lot less secret crap going on. Hell the NFL you got the public...
Gossip mongers? Really, because in every major sport their seems to be a lot less secret crap going on. Hell the NFL you got the public knowing about a coaches foot fetish, NHL you got coaches getting fined for putting money up to the players for scoring. Baseball you have players dating movie stars. Why our people trying to find out a part that a mechanic stood his ground on considered gossip mongers in your book? Yes I get it people go crazy with stories and rumors but in reality it is no different then any other sport. In fact I would argue the industry creates a lot more stupid rumors because of the secrecy. I dont care if Honda doesnt tell anybody, but because they arent you now have rumors instead of facts.
For one those stick and ball sports are ten times the size of our sport in america which produce way more drama and stories. Second look at what happened with the TC debacle...this place turned into a shit storm within minutes of hearing the radio transmission from the JGR team. And that sentence was speculative and unfounded on all accounts. So what happened was, a rumor was started by a team manager and some people on vital spread the rumor by GOSSIPING about it. Which in most cases rumors spread by people that gossip.

Next the issue with Gothic J and Honda is Hondas and Gothic Js issue. Not anyone in Vitals issue. Do you want your job to tell people why you fucked up or why you didn't want to do something? No so why should Honda feel the need to tell people about an in house issue.

Just like DD spilling the beans about his bro....issues aren't suppose to be spread and perpetuated by the people it involves. And what percentage of the viewing public would even care or know what the piece or part was to begin with? So why should honda explain themselves only to please a few people?

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see
1/20/2011 3:04pm
I know Jay very well and he plays everything straight by the book. Does anybody really think he did anything other than what Honda told him to do? And if somebody is sitting in the stands while somebody else is doing the pit board, do you really think that was his idea? He does what he is told, and he does it really well, at least that all I have ever heard from Shorty.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
1/20/2011 3:11pm
I know Jay very well and he plays everything straight by the book. Does anybody really think he did anything other than what Honda told him...
I know Jay very well and he plays everything straight by the book. Does anybody really think he did anything other than what Honda told him to do? And if somebody is sitting in the stands while somebody else is doing the pit board, do you really think that was his idea? He does what he is told, and he does it really well, at least that all I have ever heard from Shorty.
From Anaheim Observations posted by Matthes at Racer X:

"Something happened this weekend that I had never seen before: Honda benched Josh Grant’s mechanic for insubordination. Seems that “Gothic” Jay didn’t want to put a part on his bike and Honda said no problem, go to the stands and watch. I worked with Jay for three years at Yamaha and know him well, and I also know the Honda guys well. It’s a bizarre situation, and while I admire Jay for telling me he was “taking a stand for mechanics everywhere,” I wonder how that’s going to play out when he’s working at Burger King next week. Stay tuned for more on this next week. We’ll see what happens."
purpleNurple
1/20/2011 3:11pm
IceMan446 wrote:
For one those stick and ball sports are ten times the size of our sport in america which produce way more drama and stories. Second look...
For one those stick and ball sports are ten times the size of our sport in america which produce way more drama and stories. Second look at what happened with the TC debacle...this place turned into a shit storm within minutes of hearing the radio transmission from the JGR team. And that sentence was speculative and unfounded on all accounts. So what happened was, a rumor was started by a team manager and some people on vital spread the rumor by GOSSIPING about it. Which in most cases rumors spread by people that gossip.

Next the issue with Gothic J and Honda is Hondas and Gothic Js issue. Not anyone in Vitals issue. Do you want your job to tell people why you fucked up or why you didn't want to do something? No so why should Honda feel the need to tell people about an in house issue.

Just like DD spilling the beans about his bro....issues aren't suppose to be spread and perpetuated by the people it involves. And what percentage of the viewing public would even care or know what the piece or part was to begin with? So why should honda explain themselves only to please a few people?

Hey I totally agree with you. I just think that on issues (rider injuries being one) the factories, teams, rides...ect. Would be better off telling the truth about things. How many threads on here are pure speculation? How many people go off the handle with rumors and say crap about riders that they have no clue about. James Stewart is one rider that comes to mind (not the TC crap) with being vague about injuries, racing/not racing. On the flip side of the coin you have Chad Reed that twatts or tweets or whatever you call it about everything. I think he is doing himself a service by being out their for the fans/media. My point is that this sport could seriously cut down on stupid rumors by just stating the facts, yet they continue to keep fans in the dark about alot of things.
Sully22
1/20/2011 3:31pm
Maybe it was already discussed and i missed it......but, I'd be more interested in hearing the riders perspective....did the rider want the part, was it going to make him faster, smoother, safer, quicker,lighter/heavier bike, better start? Then I'd want to know why the team insisted, and the mechanic said NO....what was the reason behind it?
1/20/2011 3:33pm
dc1236 wrote:
Who did Gothic Jay wrench for last year? I vaguely remember hearing a story from the rider who said they wouldn't have done as good if...
Who did Gothic Jay wrench for last year? I vaguely remember hearing a story from the rider who said they wouldn't have done as good if it was for him, because they knew he set the bike up right the first time. Was it Shorty?
Andrew Short.

2 mechanical DNFs this summer cost him 2nd OA with one being Freestone moto 1 where his bike wouldn't even start before the race.
Mikep147
1/20/2011 3:47pm
dc1236 wrote:
Who did Gothic Jay wrench for last year? I vaguely remember hearing a story from the rider who said they wouldn't have done as good if...
TripleFive wrote:
Andrew Short.

2 mechanical DNFs this summer cost him 2nd OA with one being Freestone moto 1 where his bike wouldn't even start before the race.
Yeah if i remember correctly both times it was an ignition problem.Last time i checked the mechanics don't make the electronic component's on these bike's which means it could have happened to any of the other 39 rider's given the amount of time they have between practice and moto's.
TJ 755
1/20/2011 4:30pm
big fake cans pic?
mxb2
1/20/2011 4:33pm
Bet your family is proud!
IceMan446
1/20/2011 4:43pm
IceMan446 wrote:
For one those stick and ball sports are ten times the size of our sport in america which produce way more drama and stories. Second look...

Hey I totally agree with you. I just think that on issues (rider injuries being one) the factories, teams, rides...ect. Would be better off telling the...
Hey I totally agree with you. I just think that on issues (rider injuries being one) the factories, teams, rides...ect. Would be better off telling the truth about things. How many threads on here are pure speculation? How many people go off the handle with rumors and say crap about riders that they have no clue about. James Stewart is one rider that comes to mind (not the TC crap) with being vague about injuries, racing/not racing. On the flip side of the coin you have Chad Reed that twatts or tweets or whatever you call it about everything. I think he is doing himself a service by being out their for the fans/media. My point is that this sport could seriously cut down on stupid rumors by just stating the facts, yet they continue to keep fans in the dark about alot of things.
The injury portion I agree with totally. I think just like in other sports the injury should be reported as it is found out. Its just all the other crap and bs that floats around here. I know we all have our reasons for wanting to know I just don't see at as justifiable by the over used "we the fan" are owed an explination arguement. If it directly effects the fan then I am all for it. Like if JG didn't race or he had a mechincal issue due to the part not being put on his bike then that's a different story. But the in house issue is where I don't see an issue with Honda keeping it in house.

I think twitter is brilliant. Look at the attention Chad had over some random pictures on twitter. If I were a team I would have a twitter account and post stuff on there. Its unofficial so you aren't held to it but it gets the info out in a quick effective manner.

Post a reply to: Story on Gothic Jay?

The Latest