Stop Watch nationals on a Friday...

Brent
Edited Date/Time 8/3/2020 1:05pm
...went to Fox Raceway today to take a beating in the insane heat, and in between motos I got to watch these guys prepare for the summer...

Barcia

Josh Hansen on a 250F

Brake Bracket

Ferrandis with his new number

Broc Tickle

Ferrandis appeared to be the fastest today, followed by Bagget and then Barcia. Hansen was on point with his speed, but in the crazy heat he didn't do super long motos. DV must be pushing Ferrandis hard, im pretty sure he was doing multiple 30+2's at race speed all day.

like I mentioned it was a touch warm, here is the temp at the track on the way out at 2 PM....

|
Lightning78
7/31/2020 3:32pm
Nice! kind of strange Hansen pulled off before finishing his 30 min moto's.......haha, Josh Hansen is doing preparation to race the nationals 😂

Alex.434
7/31/2020 8:32pm
Ferrandis is a god damn animal. Big fan. Dude rips and wants it.
Brent
8/1/2020 11:32am
Alex.434 wrote:
I sure think Vuillemin has him on the right track, it was stupid hot yesterday and Ferrandis was just flying for long motos like it was nothing, on the other hand I almost puked yesterday just riding motos for an hour in that heat.

I also watched him and Barcia practice starts side by side, and Ferrandis beat Barcia to the corner on every start I watched.

KTM has to be looking at him to replace Marv when the time comes.

The Shop

charge
8/1/2020 11:46am
Alex.434 wrote:
Brent wrote:
I sure think Vuillemin has him on the right track, it was stupid hot yesterday and Ferrandis was just flying for long motos like it was...
I sure think Vuillemin has him on the right track, it was stupid hot yesterday and Ferrandis was just flying for long motos like it was nothing, on the other hand I almost puked yesterday just riding motos for an hour in that heat.

I also watched him and Barcia practice starts side by side, and Ferrandis beat Barcia to the corner on every start I watched.

I really hope he ends up at KTM. I think he’s good enough to be a factor and KTM vs Yamaha is a major distinction
hubbardmx50
8/1/2020 1:33pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Brent wrote:
I sure think Vuillemin has him on the right track, it was stupid hot yesterday and Ferrandis was just flying for long motos like it was...

charge wrote:
I really hope he ends up at KTM. I think he’s good enough to be a factor and KTM vs Yamaha is a major distinction
Agreed. Don’t know why but I’ve always felt like he’d be a good fit at KTM. They ran three riders in 2017-2018, why not do it again with someone that can actually win. Also, those are some great pictures Brent.
mxb2
8/1/2020 1:36pm
Dylan stayin blue.
zehn
8/1/2020 1:39pm
You guys are insane, I complain when the temp hits 75 up here Tongue

In my defense, nobody has A/C and all the homes are extremely insulated. You wouldn't catch me dead on a track in anything approaching 80+
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/1/2020 1:40pm
mxb2 wrote:
Dylan stayin blue.
^^^ is what's going around the school yard. Yugge dollars.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/1/2020 1:42pm
zehn wrote:
You guys are insane, I complain when the temp hits 75 up here :P In my defense, nobody has A/C and all the homes are extremely...

In my defense, nobody has A/C and all the homes are extremely insulated. You wouldn't catch me dead on a track in anything approaching 80+
It's been HOT here the last week'ish. 100+ at all the tracks. But it's a dry heat. 😂
mxb2
8/1/2020 1:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
Dylan stayin blue.
avidchimp wrote:
^^^ is what's going around the school yard. Yugge dollars.
Yep, big $$
gharmon
8/1/2020 2:06pm
zehn wrote:
You guys are insane, I complain when the temp hits 75 up here :P In my defense, nobody has A/C and all the homes are extremely...

avidchimp wrote:
It's been HOT here the last week'ish. 100+ at all the tracks. But it's a dry heat. 😂
It is a dry heat. We were driving around that area in an RV all last week and several places were 105+. It was hot don't get me wrong but then we came home to this soup we have here. Thinking of moving out there but not CA. Maybe Utah!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/1/2020 2:10pm
gharmon wrote:
It is a dry heat. We were driving around that area in an RV all last week and several places were 105+. It was hot don't...
It is a dry heat. We were driving around that area in an RV all last week and several places were 105+. It was hot don't get me wrong but then we came home to this soup we have here. Thinking of moving out there but not CA. Maybe Utah!!
CO would be a better choice. I love it there so much, but no way I can do my job there.

Doesn't the humdittitdy keep the skin wrinkle free in the South though? hahaha
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
8/1/2020 2:26pm
zehn wrote:

It didn't get below 80 here last night. Love the winters here but the summers suck.
hubbardmx50
8/1/2020 2:31pm
zehn wrote:

Lol. I’ll take the heat all day long as long as it’s dry. None of that humidity BS. Are there any tracks up there in AK?
zehn
8/1/2020 3:24pm
Lol. I’ll take the heat all day long as long as it’s dry. None of that humidity BS. Are there any tracks up there in AK?
Yeah there's a few but our soil is awful, silty, rocky crap. I did see Ben Lamay ride up here before he and his family moved south
akmx17
8/1/2020 3:29pm
zehn wrote:
Yeah there's a few but our soil is awful, silty, rocky crap. I did see Ben Lamay ride up here before he and his family moved...
Yeah there's a few but our soil is awful, silty, rocky crap. I did see Ben Lamay ride up here before he and his family moved south
I don’t know what your talking about man, besides that shit hole in anchorage most our tracks are good specially since we started tilling a bit.

Rival, Sutton, Fairbanks and kenai are all good.
8/1/2020 4:05pm
gharmon wrote:
It is a dry heat. We were driving around that area in an RV all last week and several places were 105+. It was hot don't...
Utah is full! Nothing to see here, move along! Lol
gharmon
8/2/2020 4:15am
gharmon wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
CO would be a better choice. I love it there so much, but no way I can do my job there. Doesn't the humdittitdy keep the...
CO would be a better choice. I love it there so much, but no way I can do my job there.

Doesn't the humdittitdy keep the skin wrinkle free in the South though? hahaha
Not real sure about that one. Genes probably are the biggest factor but no matter where ya go in life some of us just live harder lives. Humidity can fix that shit!! Lol
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
8/2/2020 9:00am
GPrider wrote:
is Ferrandis on a 450?
No, he pulled Barcia on a 250.
charge
8/2/2020 9:49am
GPrider wrote:
is Ferrandis on a 450?
avidchimp wrote:
No, he pulled Barcia on a 250.
Maybe factory Yamaha should just use star 250s
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/2/2020 10:19am
I went to Elsinore yesterday. It was around 110, but like others have said, it was a dry heat. The trick is to drink water all week beforehand.
Alford227
8/2/2020 1:59pm
Factory Yamaha needs to let Star Run the 450 team also. The separation between how good he 2 bikes / teams is insane.
mxb2
8/2/2020 2:12pm
Alford227 wrote:
Factory Yamaha needs to let Star Run the 450 team also. The separation between how good he 2 bikes / teams is insane.
Next year.
Brent
8/2/2020 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 8/2/2020 2:56pm
I don't want to read too much into it, but when Baggett and especially Roczen come by they are low to middle in the RPM of the bike and their suspension is not compressed that much, but when I watch Barcia he is on the rev limiter even coming into a slow corner and his rear suspension is compressed into the middle of the stroke.

He sure appears to use a lot of energy to ride as compared to his peers.

I have nothing to contribute here, as Justin is one of the worlds fastest riders and whatever works for him is great, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if he clicked up another gear and let the torque of the 450 work instead of always banging it off the rev limiter.
jleews6
8/2/2020 3:33pm
Alex.434 wrote:
Not really a fan but no one can deny what you said.
Zycki11
8/2/2020 3:40pm
Brent wrote:
I don't want to read too much into it, but when Baggett and especially Roczen come by they are low to middle in the RPM of...
I don't want to read too much into it, but when Baggett and especially Roczen come by they are low to middle in the RPM of the bike and their suspension is not compressed that much, but when I watch Barcia he is on the rev limiter even coming into a slow corner and his rear suspension is compressed into the middle of the stroke.

He sure appears to use a lot of energy to ride as compared to his peers.

I have nothing to contribute here, as Justin is one of the worlds fastest riders and whatever works for him is great, but I can't help but wonder what would happen if he clicked up another gear and let the torque of the 450 work instead of always banging it off the rev limiter.
DV tried telling him, Factory Honda, JGR, and Factory Yamaha. That zebra has his stripes
8/2/2020 7:23pm
109 dry heat is still pretty hot. My favorite weather is super muggy and 97 and up temp. S. Texas last week was muggy and hot- of course. Cincinnati 3 weeks ago was much hotter and muggy. I went for a run, felt awesome.
olympiamann
8/3/2020 1:05pm
gharmon wrote:
1911 wrote:
Utah is full! Nothing to see here, move along! Lol
Yes Utah is full Yah and Wyo Isn’t real.....

Post a reply to: Stop Watch nationals on a Friday...

The Latest