Stolen Van and bikes in Houston Texas

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2018 10:35 AM

7/18/18
WHITE 2004 Ford E-250 Econoline Van with 2 new dirt bikes in the back, (RMZ250 Suzuki and KTM150sx) was stolen last night out of the hotel parking lot in Houston, Texas, near the NRG Stadium.
The van was all white with an FMF sticker on the front Ford emblem. It has CA license plates and tinted side and rear windows.
Photo
Photo
Photo

If anyone sees these bikes, or van, PLEASE contact me at (949)632-6355.
It was stolen in the HOUSTON, Texas area.

|

7/18/2018 10:41 AM

Man that sucks. Two brand new bikes. Hope they find them in good shape and string up the thieves who stole them.

|

7/18/2018 10:45 AM

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that.

|

7/18/2018 10:49 AM

That bites. Hardly anyone brings bikes for the SX races (when they had them) due to the theft history in that area.
Watch for them to show up in random videos and news reports around the country.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

7/18/2018 11:09 AM

Welcome to Texas...blush

Sorry to hear about the van and bikes. Hopefully the thieves will die a fiery and painful death and hopefully not in your van. Insured??

|

7/18/2018 11:13 AM

Van is insured but unfortunately not the bikes. sad Im more upset about the bikes being taken. They were practically brand new.

|

7/18/2018 11:46 AM

Would the bikes fall under the Van's policy? I know they would fall under a home owners policy if stolen out of your garage.

|

7/18/2018 11:47 AM

Keep your head up. I had a buddy in Houston who had his KTM 450 stolen in front of his house and the police were able to recover it.

Frame was broken though and it had skidded down the highway for a few hundred feet.

True story

|

7/18/2018 12:09 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Would the bikes fall under the Van's policy? I know they would fall under a home owners policy if stolen out of your garage.

Not covered in the garage or a vehicle. Separate policy.

|

7/18/2018 12:12 PM

Sorry to hear that! Will keep my eyes peeled at the tracks around here. A bit north of there, but in Texas none the less.
And people think I'm crazy for having all our bikes chained to the floor in the garage.... Gotta love it when you are mowing the yard and a car slows way down as they pass peering into the garage.....

|

7/18/2018 1:14 PM

ga_pike wrote:

That's wrong wouldn't be covered by homeowners. Wouldn't be covered by the van policy either.

|

7/18/2018 1:27 PM

ga_pike wrote:

Gotta have your own insurance policy for bikes. I have comprehensive and collision on my YZ250 and KX450. It covers fire, theft, vandalism, and also if they get damaged in transport. I didn’t want to risk being underinsured through my truck policy should an accident occur while the bike is back there. Costs me under $300 a year for both.

I hope you get your bikes back OP.

|

7/18/2018 2:40 PM

ga_pike wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

I remember Cam P posted up a copy of his Farmers homeowners policy for here in Texas that stated that they would be covered if stolen from his garage. First time I had ever heard of or seen it.

|

7/18/2018 2:44 PM

ga_pike wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

newmann wrote:

I remember Cam P posted up a copy of his Farmers homeowners policy for here in Texas that stated that they would be covered if stolen from his garage. First time I had ever heard of or seen it.

Owners need to check their coverage before its to late . Bottom.line insure your property and toys.

|

7/18/2018 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/18/2018 4:20 PM

Maybe apples and oranges, when I am towing my boat it is covered under the tow vehicle. When unattached it has its own insurance. And enclosed van, interesting. Like a big trunk.

Call a cabbie, tell him what happened and let him drive you around a bit.
I had a YZ stolen a long time ago and got it back because I chased it after I heard it ring ding down the trail and cut them off Frank Cannon style in my LTD Landau. Two teenagers riding around on it.

Sometimes people get a new toy and they have to play with it immediately.

Back to insurance, you should get whatever the max. contents is, they aren’t a leather jacket and a stereo value.

I feel for ya, good luck.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

7/18/2018 5:28 PM

If you have something to contribute to helping the folks here find their bike and van, post away.

If you’re going to post something that’s unhelpful and likely to make them feel worse, just skip it.

|

7/18/2018 6:45 PM

Burns my cherries every time I see these posts. Will keep an eye out on NW side where I am. Good luck man! Hate this!!

|

7/18/2018 7:00 PM

That part of Houston is complete trash, well 80% of Houston is complete trash to be honest but that area is really bad. Hope you're able to recover them, that sucks and I despise a thief.

|