Still no Coms

drt410
3/5/2019 1:07pm
If it aint broke dont fix it. How many major problems are there right now due to lack of communication. Like none...
tobz
3/5/2019 1:54pm
drt410 wrote:
If it aint broke dont fix it. How many major problems are there right now due to lack of communication. Like none...
Lapped riders are a frustrating problem. There's so many blue flags waved constantly, lapped riders seldom get out of the way efficiently enough to make way for the lead riders.

"its apart of racing" isn't a solution, they're a lap down, not apart of the racing that matters so move the hell out of the way.

I'm all for comms for this reason, along with other official comms that could affect a race (red flags, etc)
It can also help with identifying a problem before pulling into the pits to fix.

F1 drivers can make split second decisions, operation a complex steering wheel and talk constantly with their pits at much faster speeds, along with many other motorsports that use comms.
kiwifan
3/5/2019 6:01pm
kaptkaos wrote:
If we keep legislating down to the privateer level then we will never evolve into a truly professional sport. Sadly, the day there are no Privateers...
If we keep legislating down to the privateer level then we will never evolve into a truly professional sport. Sadly, the day there are no Privateers in the 450 night show, it will be a sign that SX has become a successful pro series.
kiwifan wrote:
Are you sure there are no privateers in the night show?
kaptkaos wrote:
[i]"Sadly, the day there are no Privateers in the 450 night show, it will be a sign that SX has become a successful pro series"[/i] Implies...
"Sadly, the day there are no Privateers in the 450 night show, it will be a sign that SX has become a successful pro series"

Implies the day when this happens in the FUTURE, as in not currently.
sorry my bad, I clearly did not read it correctly...
tobz
3/5/2019 6:38pm
That's a tad extreme. There's been plenty of time where championship runners are having a disaster race and have been lapped but continued to gain valuable points throughout the race. I don't think it'd be good to black flag them, they can still race but just get out of the way of the front runners.

The Shop

drt410
3/5/2019 6:42pm
Luckily ppl on vital dont make the rules... Ive heard get rid of starts, make all triples tabletops, no whoop sections, now black flag lappers lol. None of yall make the rules, thank god.. Yawn... next thread.
Motoxtombo
3/5/2019 6:50pm
Team Kawasaki ran helmet radios during the 1988 Supercross races at Anaheim and San Diego. There were some noticeable swerves to block Johnson’s pass attempts. They...
Team Kawasaki ran helmet radios during the 1988 Supercross races at Anaheim and San Diego. There were some noticeable swerves to block Johnson’s pass attempts.

They were quickly banned.
That's the reason I always understood why they are banned. Making a pass would by a lot harder if the rider you are trying to pass is getting info radioed to him so he can block your every attempt to pass.
Knobbyjake
3/5/2019 7:18pm
I used them for a couple years racing hare scrambles in the 80s and 90s. They worked great for that. My dad or wife would tell me to stop for gas, how much time or laps were left etc. I could give them a heads up when I needed goggles or a drink. This was before Camelbacks lol. Never heard any complaints about it.Cool
tobz
3/5/2019 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 8:07pm
I said runners, not championship winners. But if you want to play, Chad Reed has been lapped and won the championship in 04 when he broke his shoulder vs Windham
stvh
3/5/2019 8:35pm
Pretty sure Jason Anderson destroyed a wheel in a first turn last year, got lapped and still won the championship the next weekend.
Sully
3/5/2019 8:39pm
"I'm being serious and actually want to know now if that's ever happened."
If 15 years is outside of your timetable, then don't ask if it's ever happened.

At Millville in 2006, RC lapped the entire field. Should everyone have been black flagged, even though a few of them (namely K-Dub) were actually in the title hunt?
tobz
3/5/2019 8:53pm
Just a rough memory, it was his AC or something he broke, he used the now defunct provisional rule so all he had to do was roll off the gate in the qualifiers and provisionally qualify for the main, limped around mid pack in a world of pain with a handful of points.

Edit: Sorry it was in Detroit, in 2008. Hopefully that falls within your acceptable timeline Smile
NewOldSchool
3/5/2019 9:26pm
Beeby wrote:
Imagine trying to skim the whoops and someone starts talking in your ear. Alessi was having enough trouble with them last weekend as it was, without...
Imagine trying to skim the whoops and someone starts talking in your ear. Alessi was having enough trouble with them last weekend as it was, without all that going on.

And before anyone says the teams would be selective about when they talk to the rider, you only have to watch F1 and see how often the drivers ask the teams to shut up to know its not how it works.
Completely agree with this. Or imagine being laser focused in a rhythm section and someone coming over the headset and scaring the crap out of you, sounds like a bad idea
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/5/2019 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 9:33pm
2018 450 Lappers

Anaheim 1 - 10 riders on lead lap
Glendale - 16
Anaheim 2 (Triple Crown) - M1 18, M2 18, M3 17
Oakland - 10
San Diego - 9
Minneapolis - 11
Arlington - 12
Detroit (Triple Crown) - M1 16, M2 15, M3 15

You’d be okay with 9-16 riders left at the end of a regular main?

Post a reply to: Still no Coms

The Latest