Still No Wins

Bradshaw Fan
4/30/2022 10:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2022 9:06am
New KTM platform and Musquin and Stewart have done well with the bike. A KTM (Musquin) win and Stewart has done better than ever in supercross season. Now we have last years champion sitting out the Nationals for unknown (whatever) reasons and the last supercross champion has no wins with one race left. Is it the bike or the rider (attitude) ?

Let's hear it from the last years champions fans?
|
CPR
4/30/2022 10:44pm
It’s not the bike
4/30/2022 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2022 10:59pm
It was never the bike.
Maybe the championship’hangover’ is real?

Anderson done nothing after winning SX 2018.
Webb done nothing after winning SX 2019.
Tomac done nothing after winning SX 2020.
Webb done nothing after winning SX 2021.

There’s a trend.. let’s see if it continues:
Does Tomac win outdoors 2022?
Is Webb rejuvenated for SX 2023?
kawasa84
4/30/2022 11:56pm
I'd say it's the rider. I don't have an answer to why? Many times in this SX season Webb got some good starts, only to drop anchor and get passed by guys he could beat all last season. I can't figure that out. I understand how that happened most of last years outdoor Nationals when he came off his championship SX.
But his performance this season in SX is baffling.
If you would have told me, with one race to go, Webb would just barely be ahead of Brandon Hartranft who rides an "antiquated" Suzuki for hecks sake, in points, I would called you a fool. Yet here we are, one race to go, and Webb is looking like a shell of the racer we saw just last season. Hopefully he turns it around.
What is the reason for him not racing the Nationals? Injury, and so then surgery?

The Shop

5/1/2022 12:21am
It was never the bike. Maybe the championship’hangover’ is real? Anderson done nothing after winning SX 2018. Webb done nothing after winning SX 2019. Tomac done...
It was never the bike.

Yeah, McGrath had a hangovers too.
5/1/2022 12:31am
It was never the bike. Maybe the championship’hangover’ is real? Anderson done nothing after winning SX 2018. Webb done nothing after winning SX 2019. Tomac done...
It was never the bike.

The originator of the SX only contract!

Maybe he was on to something.. rest up all summer, go full focus October til May.
kiwifan
5/1/2022 1:24am
CPR wrote:
It’s not the bike
Funny, people say the reason for no wins for Honda is because of the bike...so why could it not be the bike for KTM?
5/1/2022 1:31am
CPR wrote:
It’s not the bike
kiwifan wrote:
Funny, people say the reason for no wins for Honda is because of the bike...so why could it not be the bike for KTM?
Yamaha have just proven that all you need to do is hire the right rider.

Eli would’ve won this year whether he was riding a YZF, CRF, RMZ, SXF or FC. He may have even done it on a KXF, although he did seem pretty burned out with that bike/team.

All Honda need to do is pay up for the right rider.
CPR
5/1/2022 4:05am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2022 4:06am
CPR wrote:
It’s not the bike
kiwifan wrote:
??? Both Sexton and Roczen have had a win each on the Honda , while Musquin has won on the KTM, that’s why.
Hasletjoe
5/1/2022 5:09am
Rumors have Ethan Allen set to deliver a new couch May 8th....
ShipLap
5/1/2022 5:15am
It was never the bike.

Interesting.
ShipLap
5/1/2022 5:18am
It was never the bike.

Just one.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
5/1/2022 5:23am
Webb is adjusting to his new (old) workout regiment. Switching all that up mid season, which includes things like diet and all that entails, takes time. He's probably physically drained. His competition came in ready with guns blazing and have continued on their programs all season. All that, coupled with a nagging back injury, no more chance at winning the SX title this year, and all the constant setup changes that comes with a new bike, and you have what we've seen recently.
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
5/1/2022 5:25am
Yamaha have just proven that all you need to do is hire the right rider. Eli would’ve won this year whether he was riding a YZF...

Eli would’ve won this year whether he was riding a YZF, CRF, RMZ, SXF or FC. He may have even done it on a KXF, although he did seem pretty burned out with that bike/team.

Not a chance Eli wins if he was on the factory Yamaha barcia was racing.

Saying it’s never the bike is so dumb. You need both a bike the rider is confident on and the rider needs to be riding at the highest level.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3626th
5/1/2022 7:01am
New KTM platform and Musquin and Stewart have done well with the bike. A KTM (Musquin) win and Stewart has done better than ever in supercross...
New KTM platform and Musquin and Stewart have done well with the bike. A KTM (Musquin) win and Stewart has done better than ever in supercross season. Now we have last years champion sitting out the Nationals for unknown (whatever) reasons and the last supercross champion has no wins with one race left. Is it the bike or the rider (attitude) ?

That’s a really lame attempt to Troll Webb. Just say you don’t like him and move on…
wreckitrandy
5/1/2022 8:58am
New KTM platform and Musquin and Stewart have done well with the bike. A KTM (Musquin) win and Stewart has done better than ever in supercross...

That’s a really lame attempt to Troll Webb. Just say you don’t like him and move on…
I'm the biggest fan boy he's got on this board and I knew leaving Baker was a bad idea. I don't know what's going on since all these guys seem to be intent on being double naught spy secretive. I've had my doubts about it being the bike BUT, he doesn't 'look' real confident in the front wheel. I don't recall seeing him cut under anyone this season. Whatever is going on, not racing outdoors is a punk move if you're healthy. If he's healthy and just doesn't want to work, I'm bad disappointed in him.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
5/1/2022 9:08am
Wonder what Jomamajoddyjobwdhedgranny is thinking?
RandomUserName
Fantasy
2745th
5/1/2022 9:11am

I'm the biggest fan boy he's got on this board and I knew leaving Baker was a bad idea. I don't know what's going on since...
I'm the biggest fan boy he's got on this board and I knew leaving Baker was a bad idea. I don't know what's going on since all these guys seem to be intent on being double naught spy secretive. I've had my doubts about it being the bike BUT, he doesn't 'look' real confident in the front wheel. I don't recall seeing him cut under anyone this season. Whatever is going on, not racing outdoors is a punk move if you're healthy. If he's healthy and just doesn't want to work, I'm bad disappointed in him.
agreed. I think he's bailing for the nats cause another 5 months of people asking "What's wrong with Coop?" would be crushing on anyone. Something is clearly up with him, and there's no way it's "the bike". The guy is an animal when he's in the right head space and he would ride any bike to success....but that is clearly not the case.

I cannot do anything but hypothesize that either he's injured and hasn't told anyone, or his mind is just not in it this year, just like JA said he did after his championship. Who knows. He'll probably cough up the story post-retirement.
Joko
Fantasy
239th
5/1/2022 9:37am
I noticed Coopers cornering agility was not present this year. Last year he was able to execute tight inside lines for passes, haven’t seen that this year. In contrast, Anderson seems to be pulling off impressive cornering technique…
FerCzD
5/1/2022 10:08am
Still two time SX champion
motomike137
5/1/2022 10:21am
Yamaha have just proven that all you need to do is hire the right rider. Eli would’ve won this year whether he was riding a YZF...

Only if Star Racing were fielding those bikes and Eli had his favorite suspension guy like he does now Wink
5/1/2022 10:22am

soggy wrote:
Not a chance Eli wins if he was on the factory Yamaha barcia was racing. Saying it’s never the bike is so dumb. You need both...
Not a chance Eli wins if he was on the factory Yamaha barcia was racing.

Saying it’s never the bike is so dumb. You need both a bike the rider is confident on and the rider needs to be riding at the highest level.
Why not? Barcia won races on it.
If Barcia could win on it, Eli most certainly could do better.

Of course, "Its never the bike" has its limitations within reason. But they are all so good now, they are all at all times 'ballpark' championship winning pedigree. Get the right rider with enough testing time and it's on.

TerryB
5/1/2022 10:22am
Simple and obvious: he came in cocky and overconfident, hence, unprepared. The guy has amazing racecraft, but he has a flaw, too.
SX_336
5/1/2022 10:26am
FerCzD wrote:
Still two time SX champion
Well someone needs to give him the Heimlich Maneuver because he’s been choking for 16 weeks straight. 😉
5/1/2022 10:26am

Only if Star Racing were fielding those bikes and Eli had his favorite suspension guy like he does now Wink
How many championships did Eli win WITHOUT his favourite suspension guy?

And once you've answered that, how many championships did Eli win WITH his favourite suspension guy first time around? (Honda days)
5/1/2022 10:31am
Who wants a KTM anymore? People have been buying KAwis Yams and Hondas but the KTM bandwagon hit a bump and a lot of people got thrown off
5/1/2022 11:09am
Who wants a KTM anymore? People have been buying KAwis Yams and Hondas but the KTM bandwagon hit a bump and a lot of people got...
Who wants a KTM anymore? People have been buying KAwis Yams and Hondas but the KTM bandwagon hit a bump and a lot of people got thrown off
Ya there were no KTM's at the track today. That was sarcasm jus so you know
Broseph
5/1/2022 11:44am
CPR wrote:
It’s not the bike
Riders: “It’s the bike”
Team: “It’s the bike”
Announcers: “It’s the bike”
Moto media: “It’s the bike”
Vital: “IT’S NOT THE BIKE!!!”
BigBoreFan58
5/1/2022 11:55am
Webb has an injured left wrist. It's been injured for quite a while now.
5/1/2022 12:14pm
CPR wrote:
It’s not the bike
Broseph wrote:
Riders: “It’s the bike”
Team: “It’s the bike”
Announcers: “It’s the bike”
Moto media: “It’s the bike”
Vital: “IT’S NOT THE BIKE!!!”
Championship podium position with a rider who has never done so well: "Its the bi...... oh wait..."

Post a reply to: Still No Wins

The Latest