Still Helmet Shopping - Bell, Scorpion VXR70?

KGAspeed
3/7/2018 10:34am
Not only the graphics are ugly. The shape also. Compare that to a Bell Moto 9.
Looks are subjective but it’s hard to argue with your opinion. I do think that Scorpion looks good, even with its slight Euro style. But not sure about this one.
kb228
3/7/2018 10:37am
Id skip the scorpion. Have friends that wear them for street bikes and they are flat out junk. Id get a bell or shoei before anything else.
acres951
3/7/2018 11:12am
Here’s a tip:

I bought a Kali with dual density eps (foam) where one layer is triangles which is supposed to handle the rotational impacts. Picked it up in the bay for $99 CDN shipped.

At the time I recall the cheaper helmets with MIPS didn’t have dual density eps. I think dual eps layers is more important.

Then for the rotational stuff everyone has a different take but they’re all pretty expensive, except the KAli. I was blown away at the fit and finish, helmets bags (2 of them one is really nice) and the go pro mounts all for only 99. I’ll throw it away after a big hit. Wouldn’t do that if I paid 500 realistically. And I can’t afford a 500 helmet honestly.

The Shop

peelout
3/7/2018 2:01pm
KGAspeed wrote:
Here is that new LS2. Its busy, but I'm interested in seeing it closer. Any of their graphic options are pretty terrible. Really terrible actually -...
Here is that new LS2. Its busy, but I'm interested in seeing it closer. Any of their graphic options are pretty terrible. Really terrible actually - someone needs to have a sit down talk with their designer.

that could be the ugliest helmet i've ever seen, hell, i'd wear this thing before strapping that monstrosity on

yz125zinger
4/5/2018 9:43pm
Bultaco wrote:
I've always been a Bell guy. Just bought a Scorpion and like it a lot. Everyone' s head is slightly different, so my recommendation is of...
I've always been a Bell guy. Just bought a Scorpion and like it a lot. Everyone' s head is slightly different, so my recommendation is of little use to you.
How was the fit compared to the moto 9? I've ran bells for a long time now and just want to verify the fit is SIMILIAR to the bell, not like how tld and fox feel like they are trying to cave my forehead in haha.
KGAspeed
4/5/2018 9:47pm
Bultaco wrote:
I've always been a Bell guy. Just bought a Scorpion and like it a lot. Everyone' s head is slightly different, so my recommendation is of...
I've always been a Bell guy. Just bought a Scorpion and like it a lot. Everyone' s head is slightly different, so my recommendation is of little use to you.
How was the fit compared to the moto 9? I've ran bells for a long time now and just want to verify the fit is SIMILIAR...
How was the fit compared to the moto 9? I've ran bells for a long time now and just want to verify the fit is SIMILIAR to the bell, not like how tld and fox feel like they are trying to cave my forehead in haha.
I still can’t believe how many people have the same forehead problem with the Troy Lee SE4 helmets. I sold my TLD Carbon and bought a Moto 9 Carbon Flex. Very comfortable. I never did track down a Scorpion to try on; they’re dirt cheap on eBay - FYI
coastie44
4/6/2018 10:13am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 10:15am
Hcallz5 wrote:
Ah the old "I want a Rolls Royce but have Honda Civic money" I know how that goes. :lol: I have the FLY F2 Carbon, it...
Ah the old "I want a Rolls Royce but have Honda Civic money" I know how that goes. Grinning

I have the FLY F2 Carbon, it has been a great helmet.

$179: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/713/56315/Fly-Racing-F2-Carbon-Pur…
I love the Fly F2 helmets. I’m on my 4th one. I get a new one every few years, or after a big crash. They are usually reasonably priced, they fit great, and they want to do right by their customers so they stay up in the latest safety innovations.

Post a reply to: Still Helmet Shopping - Bell, Scorpion VXR70?

The Latest