Stewarts "OMG, Did you see that" the list...

Mr. Afterbar
3/3/2021 9:31am
One that's stuck in my head is from a national years ago, he launched off this single wfo onto the face of another one, although he...
One that's stuck in my head is from a national years ago, he launched off this single wfo onto the face of another one, although he didn't make it, they were so far apart that no-one would even consider it to be a double. The gap between the two was ridiculous. It's probably in one of those best of vids but I don't have time to look through them all.
I believe that was Freestone 2008. Amazing indeed.
sende
Fantasy
4320th
3/3/2021 10:41am

1:00 --->
prozach
3/3/2021 11:36am
The one where he jumps the whole second half of the whoop section from the double in the middle is insane. It was so much faster the rest didn't have chance.
66TR66
3/3/2021 5:41pm
James was just cracking it off the Chuck Sun jump that morning, resulting in my first and only ad sale for one capture. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/03/481257/s1200_10634087_D2AD_4D5F_9195_3C93AB6C3087.jpg[/img]
James was just cracking it off the Chuck Sun jump that morning, resulting in my first and only ad sale for one capture.
That is a banger of a photo!
The background with trees, crowd another part of the track with another rider.
This maybe the photo that reminds me of motocross.

The Shop

Forty
3/3/2021 5:46pm
Him and the 2009 yz450f. Yikes. What a combo
Gale19XX
3/3/2021 6:01pm
I think it was 2004 at Millville, and the first year they added the “Holy Schmidt” jump. It’s since gotten smaller/safer but it was huge that year. Only the top 4-5 450 guys were jumping it. Stewart was on his 125, got out front for the first practice and jumped it first lap. Directly out of a corner and that bike was straight up and down. I witnessed him jump the leap on his 125 and I thought this was more jaw dropping.
Forty
3/3/2021 6:13pm
Gale19XX wrote:
I think it was 2004 at Millville, and the first year they added the “Holy Schmidt” jump. It’s since gotten smaller/safer but it was huge that...
I think it was 2004 at Millville, and the first year they added the “Holy Schmidt” jump. It’s since gotten smaller/safer but it was huge that year. Only the top 4-5 450 guys were jumping it. Stewart was on his 125, got out front for the first practice and jumped it first lap. Directly out of a corner and that bike was straight up and down. I witnessed him jump the leap on his 125 and I thought this was more jaw dropping.
Yeah man. I was there too. There were only 5 riders hitting that jump. It was big and had a short approach.

4 were on a 450. James of course on his 125.

RC, Reed, a 16 year old Mike Alessi in his debut race and some crazy privateer from Iowa who was jumping the shit out of everything.
Nairb#70
3/3/2021 6:47pm
For me ths biggest "OMG, DID YOU SEE THAT" moment with Bubba was when he pulled in the pits at OCR Raceway in Bithlo, FL and parked his truck about 5 ft. away from mine. This was 2003 and he had his KX 250 with him, thats right KX 250 as in 2 stroke. I thought it was really cool to see a rider of his caliber sitting in a lawn chair with only his stand, gas can, gear bag and a pickup truck. Said to myself, I guess Bubba likes to just chill too. Don't even have to mention what he did to that track that day and how fast the green blur was that went past me too many times to mention.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
3/3/2021 7:56pm
Man, as crazy as all his moment are. It’s insane to think the second winningest rider left so much on the table. By 2003 on a 125 he was already the best Supercross rider of all time, not the greatest racer but rider by a easy margin. And he needed about 10 races to get there. Pick nearly any race from 03 thru 11 and he does something Insane.
kawasa841
3/4/2021 4:29am
One that's stuck in my head is from a national years ago, he launched off this single wfo onto the face of another one, although he...
One that's stuck in my head is from a national years ago, he launched off this single wfo onto the face of another one, although he didn't make it, they were so far apart that no-one would even consider it to be a double. The gap between the two was ridiculous. It's probably in one of those best of vids but I don't have time to look through them all.
I was there. That track just didn't have good viewing except for small portions of the track, so you had to move around alot to see how riders were attacking the track in different sections and how rough and deep the ruts would become throughout the racing.
I just happened to be watching that section when he hit that. If my memory serves me, he also passed Milsaps while sending it.
motomike137
3/4/2021 4:42am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 4:44am
One of the years he was on the 125 they ran a configuration at Red Bud that only lasted a year or two. The good old double double over the tunnel on the south end still existed and they would go left after it over a rise and kind of go parallel to the hill with there being a huge drop down with a hole in the bottom of it as they headed over to the very south east corner of the track. In 125 practice it was muddy and treacherous and everybody except one guy was getting minimal air and definitely taking it a little easy through that section (it seems like it was a little off camberish as well). James would come off the rise with that little factory 125 pinned and land in the bottom of the thing so hard I'd swear to god he was going to break that KX in half. It was mesmerizing to watch just to see how much aggression the kid had and how far above his commitment was compared to everybody else. In my lifetime the closest thing I ever saw to James when it came to those moments was Danny "Magoo" Chandler.
walleyeguy
3/4/2021 6:07am
Washougal 2004 Sunday morning practice. Had a way of going by guys, didn't he? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/03/02/481132/s1200_FB5E41FD_8B8C_4790_8231_4C554A472B56.jpg[/img]
Washougal 2004 Sunday morning practice. Had a way of going by guys, didn't he?

One of the few riders to get paid for a logo on a skid plate. lol.
murph783
3/4/2021 6:57am
DF313 wrote:
prozach wrote:
The one where he jumps the whole second half of the whoop section from the double in the middle is insane. It was so much faster...
The one where he jumps the whole second half of the whoop section from the double in the middle is insane. It was so much faster the rest didn't have chance.
Right!? I can’t imagine how Reed must have felt watching that from behind. Like fuck this I should just pull off 😂
3/4/2021 9:17am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 9:26am
Those early 2000's to 2013 just felt different with those guys. I'm almost 40 so I've been lucky enough to see a lot of these guys in person, and the energy level just hasn't been matched on a consistent basis in years.

Don't get me wrong, we are seeing some greatness currently; Roczen has a rare combination of speed and finesse, Webb has racecraft and that bulldog mentality, and we all know when Tomac is in beast mode he's up there with THE greats. But man the energy level from those Reed/Stewart/Carmichael and even the Dungey/Villopoto days just hasn't been replicated on a consistent basis. It's just different now.

I'm not taking anything away from the current top guys, the sports just in a different place.

Back to Stewart, I can't remember what year (had to be 02-04) and I can't find the YouTube video either, but there was a ridiculous 3-3-3 at Vegas and Stewart was doing it in practice on the 125. Reed tried it a few times but never got it clean and gave up. Two generational talents and there was THAT much of a gap to Stewart. Mind boggling to this day.
3/4/2021 9:29am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2021 10:45am
kawasa841 wrote:
I was there. That track just didn't have good viewing except for small portions of the track, so you had to move around alot to see...
I was there. That track just didn't have good viewing except for small portions of the track, so you had to move around alot to see how riders were attacking the track in different sections and how rough and deep the ruts would become throughout the racing.
I just happened to be watching that section when he hit that. If my memory serves me, he also passed Milsaps while sending it.
MyBobbym
3/4/2021 10:39am
kawasa841 wrote:
I was there. That track just didn't have good viewing except for small portions of the track, so you had to move around alot to see...
Sean Hamblin... Wow. Good dude if I remember right.
Robgvx
3/4/2021 11:05am
kawasa841 wrote:
MyBobbym wrote:
Sean Hamblin... Wow. Good dude if I remember right.
Sean sure is a good dude.
kawasa841
3/4/2021 11:17pm
kawasa841 wrote:
WOW, thanks for posting this. Seeing that after 13 years is pretty cool. I only saw this live at the track that day. It's hard to believe I remembered he was battling with Milsaps when he hit that. I smoked weed from when I was 17 to age 30 and my mom warned me as a teenager, I would ruin my mind. Yet, for me to have remembered that specific moment in that race I attended 13 years ago............Well mom, I told you I'd be ok!!

Post a reply to: Stewarts "OMG, Did you see that" the list...

The Latest