Stewart, why?

3/16/2012 1:27am
machine wrote:
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a...
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a Honda) do it without throwing it away, which frustrates the hell out of Stewart. He's not special anymore, which frustrates his fans. They live in the past always referring back to the old Stewart.
And for my final post: This argument has existed since the dawn of James Stewart, probably, the part about how the other racers COULD go Stewart's speed but they're too smart and choose not to. A bit laughable to propose, but not necessarily wrong. Usually I just say that Stewart's been going balls-out his entire racing career, and he's STILL crashing a ton. If someone who rarely goes outside his comfort zone (Dungey, Windham) were to suddenly do it all the time like Stew--who knows, they might make him look consistent in comparison.
FIREfish148
3/16/2012 1:28am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 1:31am
hes the great bammmbbinnooo

no really though. its the same reason why people get mad when he doesn't ride outdoors. they feel like they're being robbed of a good time. its just a good time sitting...from the comfort of your couch...or behind the fence... and watching the kid ride a bike. i like watching all those dudes ride but watching bubba is a blast.
3/16/2012 1:28am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 1:28am
Motodave15 wrote:
[img]http://graphicnovel.zachwhalen.net/sites/graphicnovel.zachwhalen.net/files/resize/imagecache/medium/17189-130475-RageFace2png-620x-220x185.jpg[/img]
OK, I'm going to bed now. Sheesh.
APLMAN99
3/16/2012 5:10am
cason402 wrote:
just guessing here, but maybe it has to do with the godawful amount of amateur titles, coupled with the massive amount of wins and titles he...
just guessing here, but maybe it has to do with the godawful amount of amateur titles, coupled with the massive amount of wins and titles he has accumulated in the pro's... and oh yeah, something about a 24-0 season outdoors.

could be something along those lines.

come on, everyone is still interested in Hannah and he didn't get much winning done in the last part of his career, wasn't black and is pretty much a duffas, but the guy was blazing fast, had lots of wins and titles.
That first reason is probably the only reason large groups of people still talk about Alessi regularly. Without those amateur titles and the promise of things to come, he'd be another name we throw out when talking about the fodder.

James has backed up his amateur success, even if he appears to be a bit more mortal the last few seasons.

The Shop

P
3/16/2012 6:37am
dkg wrote:
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems...
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems to gather way more attention than others. At least over the last few years, he has been just one in a group of many talented riders. Just wondering why such a focus of attention?
Apparently when you watch him ride you close your eyes............Unsure

P
3/16/2012 6:52am
Some people move the needle and some people don't.

Valentino Rossi hasn't been doing much winning lately, but he still moves the needle like nobody else. Those who like him, REALLY like him, those that don't REALLY don't.

James moves the needle, even if he's not winning he's more valuable to the sport than someone else who is winning but nobody really cares about. Morons like 'machine' will rail against it at places like this, but in the end they will end up looking like stupid cry babies for all their petty garbage posts.
GHOPPER
3/16/2012 7:05am
He is fun to watch (you never know whats gonna happen next). He has a good personality, and like others have said the rags to riches story is great. Bring back Bubba's World, I liked that show.
karnivool
3/16/2012 8:23am
machine wrote:
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a...
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a Honda) do it without throwing it away, which frustrates the hell out of Stewart. He's not special anymore, which frustrates his fans. They live in the past always referring back to the old Stewart.
NO ONE has ever been able to do what he has done on a MX bike.
Your assertion is False.
BR_HERO wrote:
Care to explain? His speed has been matched and beat numerous times. What does he do that no one else can? No hate, JS is one...
Care to explain? His speed has been matched and beat numerous times. What does he do that no one else can? No hate, JS is one of the best the sport has seen speed wise, but he's not invincible.
of course BR shows up to bring his perspective which is always ANTI-stewart...

you obviously are new to this sport...if you weren't at the 1992 vegas finale, your opinion doesn't count..lol
IceMan446
3/16/2012 9:51am
machine wrote:
Why don't you explain to us what he does that RV, RD and CR don't "currently" do on a motorcycle.

This should be interesting.......
wildbill wrote:
holy shit! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/56602/s780_9I9D3055.jpg?1331421230[/img] You are truly stupid.
holy shit!

You are truly stupid.
And NO one else was jumping the section he was last year at daytona.

RV, RD, CR mone of them had the skill and/or the balls to do it.

James is a freak on a bike.
Paul333
3/16/2012 10:03am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 10:16am
dkg wrote:
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems...
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems to gather way more attention than others. At least over the last few years, he has been just one in a group of many talented riders. Just wondering why such a focus of attention?
I think it’s because he has become such a win it or crash out type of rider (Big crashes on TV), combined with his switching teams, being African-American, one of IF not the fastest rider on the track, highly published unorthodox bike set-up, having hi-vis sponsors like Oakley/Red Bull that keep him in the lime light, not to forget he has won several Supercross & National titles.

Combined this gets him a lot of attention by the media (Even outside of the motorcycle industry) and guys like us.
JW381
3/16/2012 10:15am
UpTiTe wrote:
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather...
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather put a sharp pencil in my ear instead of listen to another one of his monolithic rant on the podium where he say the same thing every week.
I agree, I'm not a big fan of Stewart, but with the news of Dungey being out I decided to jump on the James bandwagon for Daytona and the rest of the season. Anything is better than Villopoto. The guy is so boring and lifeless. They're all fast, so for me what makes me a fan is the type of person they are. Villopoto's not even overly exciting to watch ride, if you ask me.
Uncleof2
3/16/2012 12:16pm
machine wrote:
Why don't you explain to us what he does that RV, RD and CR don't "currently" do on a motorcycle.

This should be interesting.......
wildbill wrote:
holy shit! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/56602/s780_9I9D3055.jpg?1331421230[/img] You are truly stupid.
holy shit!

You are truly stupid.
IceMan446 wrote:
And NO one else was jumping the section he was last year at daytona. RV, RD, CR mone of them had the skill and/or the balls...
And NO one else was jumping the section he was last year at daytona.

RV, RD, CR mone of them had the skill and/or the balls to do it.

James is a freak on a bike.
WRONG! Skill has to do with using ones abilities to maximize your performance. Daytona, the example you use,
illustrates this point. James is one of the greats, but balls over brains don't win you championships. RV, RD, CR
were on the podium in that race while James placed 9th. James Stewart is fun to watch for sure, but he is not
the WHOLE package, if he was he would have passed Jeremy's record by now. He will go down as one of the
greatest, but a little less balls and a little more SKILL and he may have been the GOAT.
Bry745
3/16/2012 12:39pm
UpTiTe wrote:
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather...
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather put a sharp pencil in my ear instead of listen to another one of his monolithic rant on the podium where he say the same thing every week.
JW381 wrote:
I agree, I'm not a big fan of Stewart, but with the news of Dungey being out I decided to jump on the James bandwagon for...
I agree, I'm not a big fan of Stewart, but with the news of Dungey being out I decided to jump on the James bandwagon for Daytona and the rest of the season. Anything is better than Villopoto. The guy is so boring and lifeless. They're all fast, so for me what makes me a fan is the type of person they are. Villopoto's not even overly exciting to watch ride, if you ask me.
Wow, everybody has their own opinion, but I find it interesting you think RV isn't 'overly exciting to watch ride'. I think the way he attacks the track is pretty damn exciting. Seems like the 450 takes some of that aggression away by necessity compared to his 250f days, but when I saw RV on his 250f at Red Bud the first time, I was blown away by his corner speed and wide open style - it was pretty amazing IMO. Reminded me of RC a little. I would agree with his podium speeches being boring, but that applies to a lot of the guys. RV doesn't sound 'boring and lifeless' when he's on PulpMX.

Stewart is also amazing to watch, and even more so back in the 125 days. I remember seeing him at Millville on the little smoker just DESTROYING the guys on 4 strokes, and I think he was even turning practice/race times close to RC's times that weekend. Awesome stuff.
JW381
3/16/2012 12:50pm
Bry745 wrote:
Wow, everybody has their own opinion, but I find it interesting you think RV isn't 'overly exciting to watch ride'. I think the way he attacks...
Wow, everybody has their own opinion, but I find it interesting you think RV isn't 'overly exciting to watch ride'. I think the way he attacks the track is pretty damn exciting. Seems like the 450 takes some of that aggression away by necessity compared to his 250f days, but when I saw RV on his 250f at Red Bud the first time, I was blown away by his corner speed and wide open style - it was pretty amazing IMO. Reminded me of RC a little. I would agree with his podium speeches being boring, but that applies to a lot of the guys. RV doesn't sound 'boring and lifeless' when he's on PulpMX.

Stewart is also amazing to watch, and even more so back in the 125 days. I remember seeing him at Millville on the little smoker just DESTROYING the guys on 4 strokes, and I think he was even turning practice/race times close to RC's times that weekend. Awesome stuff.
I agree he was very fun to watch on the 250f, and he's still more fun to watch outdoors than some of the guys. I think part of the reason why I don't particularly like to watch him ride is because he's so damn good and methodical at it. (I know that sounds weird, but it makes sense to me in a way.) It's like watching a robot sometimes, as well as when he talks. The most exciting thing I've seen Villo do was his little run-along at Daytona! You are 381% correct on him in his 250F days and Stewart on a 125 and even a 250 smoker. They were mad men on dirtbikes.

On a side note, I'm utterly shocked that you said "everybody has their own opinion..." I expected to get blasted and called a bunch of names! Thanks, man.
Bry745
3/16/2012 1:06pm
JW381 wrote:
I agree he was very fun to watch on the 250f, and he's still more fun to watch outdoors than some of the guys. I think...
I agree he was very fun to watch on the 250f, and he's still more fun to watch outdoors than some of the guys. I think part of the reason why I don't particularly like to watch him ride is because he's so damn good and methodical at it. (I know that sounds weird, but it makes sense to me in a way.) It's like watching a robot sometimes, as well as when he talks. The most exciting thing I've seen Villo do was his little run-along at Daytona! You are 381% correct on him in his 250F days and Stewart on a 125 and even a 250 smoker. They were mad men on dirtbikes.

On a side note, I'm utterly shocked that you said "everybody has their own opinion..." I expected to get blasted and called a bunch of names! Thanks, man.
Haha!

Name-calling??? Bashing?? I've never seen that kind of behavior on Vital ! Everybody on this forum is very respectful at all times!
TongueLaughing

Nah, a little bashing and name calling is healthy once in awhile - just seems to get a little out of hand here sometimes. But I'm guessing it's not much different than any other forum.
3/16/2012 1:14pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
WRONG! Skill has to do with using ones abilities to maximize your performance. Daytona, the example you use, illustrates this point. James is one of the...
WRONG! Skill has to do with using ones abilities to maximize your performance. Daytona, the example you use,
illustrates this point. James is one of the greats, but balls over brains don't win you championships. RV, RD, CR
were on the podium in that race while James placed 9th. James Stewart is fun to watch for sure, but he is not
the WHOLE package, if he was he would have passed Jeremy's record by now. He will go down as one of the
greatest, but a little less balls and a little more SKILL and he may have been the GOAT.
You sir are a gentleman, I commend you for being professional and truthful especially as you have a vested interest to support RV 100% but choose to say it like it is. Some of these people just blast off without actually quoting ALL the facts, but choose what suits their argument. Kudos to you....and a true racing fan can appreciate the skill each rider brings to the game even though we all have our favourites.
MX_er424
3/16/2012 2:56pm
If you have to ask the question in the OP then you shouldn't be on a motocross forum let alone an actual track. It's actually a really good motocross knowledge indicator. It's easy to spot people who know fuck all about motocross by their shit posts about Stewart. "machine" and all the other roaches that crawl out of the woodwork for Stewart threads prove this constantly.
dkg
3/16/2012 3:16pm
MX_er424 wrote:
If you have to ask the question in the OP then you shouldn't be on a motocross forum let alone an actual track. It's actually a...
If you have to ask the question in the OP then you shouldn't be on a motocross forum let alone an actual track. It's actually a really good motocross knowledge indicator. It's easy to spot people who know fuck all about motocross by their shit posts about Stewart. "machine" and all the other roaches that crawl out of the woodwork for Stewart threads prove this constantly.
Thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to give it the consideration it deserves.

To those that responded thoughtfully, thank you.
machine
3/16/2012 5:08pm
dkg wrote:
Well, you got your answer dkg, if you even question whether or not Stewart is the FMOTP you get called every name in the book by the Stewart extremist on here. That is why he creates so much drama and divisiveness, it's his fans alone that perpetuate it.
Outsider
3/16/2012 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 5:30pm
Bry745 wrote:
Wow, everybody has their own opinion, but I find it interesting you think RV isn't 'overly exciting to watch ride'. I think the way he attacks...

JW381 wrote:
I agree he was very fun to watch on the 250f, and he's still more fun to watch outdoors than some of the guys. I think...

I dunno man, the reason I'm such an RV fan is due to seeing him in person at Glen Helen '05 (I think). The way he is willing to take any line and still go WFO was very impressive. I had only heard of him before that race as I really don't follow the Am's.

He's definitely not in the same league as JS, CR, MC in the style department, but in the aggression, line choice and ability to make quick passes category, he's right near the top, and that's what I enjoy about his riding.

I've always enjoyed watching Bubb's ride, how could you not?
Insider347
3/16/2012 7:20pm
dkg wrote:
Pretty easy question to answer. He has so many titles, only one to really give Ricky fits, undefeated season, Bubba scrub, T.V. show, does sick things on the bike, etc. but there is no need to get all sensitive or throw out the race card. Lets face it, one reason he gets alot of attention is because he is black in a mostly white sport. He is looking to break new records down the road in NASCAR and just wait till he starts that. It's not the only reason he's a dynamic force or such a focus but it is one of the reasons. No big deal, really.

Post a reply to: Stewart, why?

The Latest