Stewart, why?

dkg
Edited Date/Time 3/16/2012 7:20pm
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems to gather way more attention than others. At least over the last few years, he has been just one in a group of many talented riders. Just wondering why such a focus of attention?
|
Ing
3/15/2012 2:47pm
I know, I know......
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/15/2012 3:32pm
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather put a sharp pencil in my ear instead of listen to another one of his monolithic rant on the podium where he say the same thing every week.
jtomasik
3/15/2012 3:33pm
Because people refuse to stop posting so many threads about him.

The Shop

neysbo
3/15/2012 3:35pm
dkg wrote:
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems...
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems to gather way more attention than others. At least over the last few years, he has been just one in a group of many talented riders. Just wondering why such a focus of attention?
just wondering why you so obviously are fishing ????

if you followed this sport the last ten years you would know
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/15/2012 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2012 3:42pm
dkg wrote:
Just wondering why James Stewart is such a dynamic force in the SX/MX world. Seems he is either, loved, hated, promoted or criticized. He always seems...
When he's on, he's one of those guys who dazzles with his riding. When he's not on, he might be crashing spectacularly. Either way, you're watching. He's also one of those guys who's willing to hang it out and take big risks. All of that sets him apart.

It's not that hard to see. Smile
motomike137
3/15/2012 3:43pm
Blazing fast,made the GOAT step up his game, African American kid, wins or crashes... what else do you need to know?
cason402
3/15/2012 4:05pm
just guessing here, but maybe it has to do with the godawful amount of amateur titles, coupled with the massive amount of wins and titles he has accumulated in the pro's... and oh yeah, something about a 24-0 season outdoors.

could be something along those lines.

come on, everyone is still interested in Hannah and he didn't get much winning done in the last part of his career, wasn't black and is pretty much a duffas, but the guy was blazing fast, had lots of wins and titles.
SL91
3/15/2012 4:11pm
I hope he puts it to RV for the rest of the season!
3/15/2012 4:14pm
UpTiTe wrote:
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather...
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather put a sharp pencil in my ear instead of listen to another one of his monolithic rant on the podium where he say the same thing every week.
Q scores don't matter in MX, do they?
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
3/15/2012 4:19pm
dkg wrote:
Largely because he is the fastest man to ever throw his leg over a dirt cycle, and redefined the worlds riding style.
Also he is flashy, often crashes, and often does stuff no one else can do.
Love him or hate him, there is no denying he has shit going on!
machine
3/15/2012 4:20pm
Blazing fast,made the GOAT step up his game, African American kid, wins or crashes... what else do you need to know?
Hmmm.......I didn't realize Stewart was from Africa, thanks for enlightening us on that fact.
3/15/2012 4:25pm
dkg wrote:
Because NO ONE has ever ridden the way he has, ever.
adamdf
3/15/2012 4:28pm
dkg wrote:
GuyB wrote:
When he's on, he's one of those guys who dazzles with his riding. When he's not on, he might be crashing spectacularly. Either way, you're watching...
When he's on, he's one of those guys who dazzles with his riding. When he's not on, he might be crashing spectacularly. Either way, you're watching. He's also one of those guys who's willing to hang it out and take big risks. All of that sets him apart.

It's not that hard to see. Smile
Agreed PLUS he's been pretty darn successful in the past. Has won a lot of titles overall and then theres that perfect season in 2008 that everyone seems to forget about
machine
3/15/2012 4:36pm
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a Honda) do it without throwing it away, which frustrates the hell out of Stewart. He's not special anymore, which frustrates his fans. They live in the past always referring back to the old Stewart.
Hank_Thrill
3/15/2012 4:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2012 4:38pm
Here are a few examples off the top of my head why people focus so much on him.

- debating whether or not the "fastest man on the planet" is actually the fastest.
- criticism for not racing the nationals when he says that he is.
- the drama and secrecy surrounding some of the teams he has been on.
- the dude does absolutely unbelievable things on a motorcycle.
- the guy has unbelievable wrecks on a motorcycle.
- sometimes he lands on other riders.
- his forks are really stiff.
- he does have his own reality television show.
- people say he doesn't know how to set up a bike.
- he makes pretty big claims (the King's SX record being one).
- he is a master of practice and heat races.
- people trying to solve the mystery why he can't transfer all the practice and heat race success into the mains.
- he is an extremely fascinating rider personality wise.
- though not so much this year, his win or crash trying approach to racing is drastically different than his competitors.
- he is a premier rider in the sport and one of the sports greats. Anybody else in his position with the dynamic resume mentioned above would likely receive the same amount of attention.
- oh yeah, people debate whether or not he got a concussion at Daytona last year.
- oh oh yeah, the dude does absolutely unbelievable things on a motorcycle.
tiddlermx23
3/15/2012 4:59pm
Here are a few examples off the top of my head why people focus so much on him. - debating whether or not the "fastest man...
Here are a few examples off the top of my head why people focus so much on him.

- debating whether or not the "fastest man on the planet" is actually the fastest.
- criticism for not racing the nationals when he says that he is.
- the drama and secrecy surrounding some of the teams he has been on.
- the guy has unbelievable wrecks on a motorcycle.
- sometimes he lands on other riders.
- his forks are really stiff.
- he does have his own reality television show.
- people say he doesn't know how to set up a bike.
- he makes pretty big claims (the King's SX record being one).
- he is a master of practice and heat races.
- people trying to solve the mystery why he can't transfer all the practice and heat race success into the mains.
- he is an extremely fascinating rider personality wise.
- though not so much this year, his win or crash trying approach to racing is drastically different than his competitors.
- he is a premier rider in the sport and one of the sports greats. Anybody else in his position with the dynamic resume mentioned above would likely receive the same amount of attention.
- oh yeah, people debate whether or not he got a concussion at Daytona last year.
- oh oh yeah, the dude does absolutely unbelievable things on a motorcycle.
Now if only he could make his case on the two stroke four stroke debate he would have a full resume...
3/15/2012 5:11pm
machine wrote:
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a...
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a Honda) do it without throwing it away, which frustrates the hell out of Stewart. He's not special anymore, which frustrates his fans. They live in the past always referring back to the old Stewart.
NO ONE has ever been able to do what he has done on a MX bike.
Your assertion is False.
machine
3/15/2012 5:23pm
machine wrote:
There are more than a few riders who could have ridden like JS, but were unwilling to throw it all away. RV, RD and CR(On a...
Your assertion is False.
bullshit!
BR_HERO
3/15/2012 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2012 5:41pm
machine wrote:
Your assertion is False.
Care to explain? His speed has been matched and beat numerous times. What does he do that no one else can? No hate, JS is one of the best the sport has seen speed wise, but he's not invincible.
machine
3/15/2012 5:39pm
Clueless:
Def - a person without a clue.
Why don't you explain to us what he does that RV, RD and CR don't "currently" do on a motorcycle.

This should be interesting.......
machine
3/15/2012 5:40pm
machine wrote:
Your assertion is False.
BR_HERO wrote:
Care to explain? His speed has been matched and beat numerous times. What does he do that no one else can? No hate, JS is one...
Care to explain? His speed has been matched and beat numerous times. What does he do that no one else can? No hate, JS is one of the best the sport has seen speed wise, but he's not invincible.
damn man, you beat me to it......Grinning
jndmx
3/15/2012 5:42pm
Duh.....it's all about the sprinkler.
Outsider
3/15/2012 5:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
He is the first back kid to do it and another would be his personality. I don't care if RV is the champ, I would rather...
He hasn't been much different than RV in that department lately... same shit.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
3/15/2012 5:50pm
I wonder why nobody has stated one of the biggest things, his imagination for how to tackle an obstacle. Not only does he have mad skills but he sees himself doing things vastly different than others, and then physically executing it. Like clearing the wall in Daytona last year.
rosebud441
3/15/2012 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2012 5:54pm
machine wrote:
Dude, CR and RD have THROWN it away.... Sheeesh,,,
normanmx
3/15/2012 5:56pm
Hes a very talented rider who loves the soap opera he lives in....and yes we all watch him very closely.
rosebud441
3/15/2012 6:02pm
normanmx wrote:
Hes a very talented rider who loves the soap opera he lives in....and yes we all watch him very closely.
Who doesn't love a soap opera?

They all do, why do you think Chad's been all interviewy and twittery?? My god he's doing all he can to keep himself in the gall darn soap opera...

Post a reply to: Stewart, why?

The Latest