Stewart telling Monster to F' off

newmann
Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 6:48pm
Remember when Bubba couldn't bring his Red Bull with him to Factory Kawasaki? All those podium interviews with a towel over his shoulder and him moving it around to cover the Monster logo as the camera was moving in on him? Remember his clear plastic bottle of no name podium drink he would guzzle? Someone has to have some pics or video.
|
Juss
2/14/2016 5:15pm
I remember & I bet that had something to do with Kawi dropping him.
Celine
2/14/2016 5:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 5:51pm
Does anyone else here ever get sick and tired of seeing Monster plastered all over everything in this sport? It assaults you from every direction when you are at a race or watching it on TV.

You can't get away from it. Its' in your face constantly.

And I hate that shit.
zehn
2/14/2016 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 5:56pm
Celine wrote:
Does anyone else here ever get sick and tired of seeing Monster plastered all over everything in this sport? It assaults you from every direction when...
Does anyone else here ever get sick and tired of seeing Monster plastered all over everything in this sport? It assaults you from every direction when you are at a race or watching it on TV.

And I hate that shit.
You might try looking up the definition of a title sponsor.

It's not much different in any other motorsport. NASCAR has it, Lucas Oil Offroad Racing does it, Endurocross does it, etc. None of those sports have the production quality or value that SX does (other than NASCAR obviously) so it just appears that it isn't quite as bad in other sports when it clearly is.

The only sports you don't really see it in are the FIM title sponsor series like MotoGP, MXGP. You also don't see it in F1 but every other car series has it for the most part.
Grieby54
2/14/2016 6:05pm
Monster has a huge role in the success of our sport financially. Why in the world you guys get so offended at their logo everywhere is well beyond me. Does it really hurt your feelers that bad to see a green M?

The Shop

2/14/2016 6:15pm
Does our sport survive without Monster?
zehn
2/14/2016 6:17pm
526 wrote:
Not without some big money company coming in to take Monster's place

So no. Look at what happened to AMA Superbike racing (different circumstance I know, but the lack of a big title sponsor definitely contributed to what happened there).
mxb2
2/14/2016 6:18pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Monster has a huge role in the success of our sport financially. Why in the world you guys get so offended at their logo everywhere is...
Monster has a huge role in the success of our sport financially. Why in the world you guys get so offended at their logo everywhere is well beyond me. Does it really hurt your feelers that bad to see a green M?
X2, $$$$ talks, if ya dont like it, outbid monster or quit complaining.
mattmatt300
2/14/2016 6:21pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Monster has a huge role in the success of our sport financially. Why in the world you guys get so offended at their logo everywhere is...
This. I don't know how much Monster spends on Supercross but I'm sure it's in the tens of millions at this point. You don't think they've bought the right to throw some green M's around.
hillbilly
2/14/2016 6:28pm
I wish they made monster in powder form,like a goodies or BC so i could snort it and not have to piss so much.
Hut
2/14/2016 6:36pm
Grieby54 wrote:

monstruo es el diablo
steed 2.0
2/14/2016 6:45pm
zehn wrote:
You might try looking up the definition of a title sponsor. It's not much different in any other motorsport. NASCAR has it, Lucas Oil Offroad Racing...
You might try looking up the definition of a title sponsor.

It's not much different in any other motorsport. NASCAR has it, Lucas Oil Offroad Racing does it, Endurocross does it, etc. None of those sports have the production quality or value that SX does (other than NASCAR obviously) so it just appears that it isn't quite as bad in other sports when it clearly is.

The only sports you don't really see it in are the FIM title sponsor series like MotoGP, MXGP. You also don't see it in F1 but every other car series has it for the most part.
Watch now the NBA All-Star Game without any commercials (Dutch TV) also last week Super Bowl no ads...
Well I guess it's an American thing F1, motoGP and MXGP are all European
visser62
2/14/2016 6:46pm
Grieby54 wrote:
So just because someone is throwing money at our sport means we should accept whatever message they promote?
fins227
2/14/2016 6:50pm
526 wrote:
SX doesn't. Outdoor Nationals would be fine though
Brosho
2/14/2016 6:59pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Well, I have seen several products which I wanted to buy because it looked nice, but when those products had a Monster Logo on them, I refuse to buy those products. I don't want it on everything I own Motocross. I think I have only one item with the Monster Logo on it.

Why should I advertise for Monster? Why should I pay to advertise monster on gear I want.

I have seen several graphic kits for my Kawi, but refused to buy those graphics because of that damn Monster Logo on it.
Juss
2/14/2016 7:18pm
Op wanted to see some pics of JS with his monster gear. How did it turn into this?
Juss
2/14/2016 7:22pm

davistld01
2/14/2016 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 8:26pm
Grieby54 wrote:
Hut wrote:

monstruo es el diablo
Amen. Bro.
jj welks
2/14/2016 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 8:44pm
Unfortunately Monsteris a neccessary evil. Red Bull would showcase moto in a whole new light. I wish they'd buy monster out out but I guess that shows the viability of pro sx.
PEPE001
2/14/2016 9:38pm
What I ask myself.

Who the hell drinks that s...!
Tastes like, ok I skip that one.

And if you see how much it is might cost some cents in production.

Motofinne
2/15/2016 2:05am
You don't think that a company like Red Bull would step in if Monster would go away? Just remember that Red Bull have a freaking F1 team that won 4 straight titles with Vettel. Red Bull are huge.
timlake
2/15/2016 3:19am
Motofinne wrote:
You don't think that a company like Red Bull would step in if Monster would go away? Just remember that Red Bull have a freaking F1...
You don't think that a company like Red Bull would step in if Monster would go away? Just remember that Red Bull have a freaking F1 team that won 4 straight titles with Vettel. Red Bull are huge.
Yes, I don't think they would - if they wanted Supercross, they would have it.

Red Bull typically don't 'sponsor' events, they hold their own.

They support one outdoor national, mainly because the name is kinda similar to theirs...

Also - F1 may not have a title sponsor, but it does have individual race sponsors like the outdoors.
IWreckALot
2/15/2016 4:59am
If Monster went away, Feld would find another title sponsor for everyone to complain about. No question about it. SX won't disappear because Monster goes away. Doesn't mean they could find another sponsor to pitch in as much money as M, but they would have another sponsor.

I don't drink energy drinks, and don't really get the obsession. . . and I think the long term health effects of that much caffeine and other chemicals . . . errr uhhh. . . vitamins they put in there will do more long term damage than drinking soda. But we'll have to wait another 5-10 years before it is found to cause cancer or something.
Grieby54
2/15/2016 5:56am
Grieby54 wrote:
Brosho wrote:
Well, I have seen several products which I wanted to buy because it looked nice, but when those products had a Monster Logo on them, I...
Well, I have seen several products which I wanted to buy because it looked nice, but when those products had a Monster Logo on them, I refuse to buy those products. I don't want it on everything I own Motocross. I think I have only one item with the Monster Logo on it.

Why should I advertise for Monster? Why should I pay to advertise monster on gear I want.

I have seen several graphic kits for my Kawi, but refused to buy those graphics because of that damn Monster Logo on it.
Who is suggesting that you advertise for Monster? I'm not saying you need to buy anything with a green claw on it, I'm simply saying you guys need to stop whining that the Monster logo is on so much. They paid a pretty penny to have it there, and as far as I'm concerned, I appreciate them putting that money into our sport.
kkawboy14
2/15/2016 6:17am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 6:18am
Motofinne wrote:
You don't think that a company like Red Bull would step in if Monster would go away? Just remember that Red Bull have a freaking F1...
Red bull has had 4 cars for a number of years and feeder teams to f1..........crazy amounts of money.

Moto is chicken scratch money to them
Paul333
2/15/2016 6:22am
Celine wrote:
Does anyone else here ever get sick and tired of seeing Monster plastered all over everything in this sport? It assaults you from every direction when...

And I hate that shit.
Hint:

They are paying for the show you are watching, many of the teams racing in it, and even some of the riders themselves.

I'd be more scared of what racing would look like without the energy drink guys....
ATKpilot99
2/15/2016 6:52am
Celine wrote:

And I hate that shit.
Paul333 wrote:
Hint: They are paying for the show you are watching, many of the teams racing in it, and even some of the riders themselves. I'd be...
Hint:

They are paying for the show you are watching, many of the teams racing in it, and even some of the riders themselves.

I'd be more scared of what racing would look like without the energy drink guys....
Yep . SX is not in the position mainstream sports are in where networks bid to have them on .
Motofinne
2/15/2016 6:53am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2016 6:56am
Motofinne wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Red bull has had 4 cars for a number of years and feeder teams to f1..........crazy amounts of money.

Moto is chicken scratch money to them
Yeah, the Toro Rosso team is like the feeder F1 team to the main Red Bull team that Christian Horner is running. Moto is such a small part of the organisation.

And lets be honest. What Red Bull have done in F1 is bigger than anything Monster has ever done and will do in the future.

The Red Bull F1 team had a budget on 470 million euro in 2015, Toro Rosso had a budget of 137 million euro. Just think about that everybody.

Post a reply to: Stewart telling Monster to F' off

The Latest