Stewart’s decision

jmar
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 11:55am
With RV being injured it would be much less work to have a good series.

Just a thought, and no I am not fishing but it would be a lot less work and less stress to win the championship now.
|
Outsider
4/19/2010 6:34am
You're gonna need a bigger boat.
4/19/2010 6:35am
jmar wrote:
With RV being injured it would be much less work to have a good series. Just a thought, and no I am not fishing but it...
With RV being injured it would be much less work to have a good series.

Just a thought, and no I am not fishing but it would be a lot less work and less stress to win the championship now.
Sure you weren't! Makes sense to me but I bet Tony is going nuts too, poor Mike.Wink
Racer92
4/19/2010 6:36am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2010 6:37am
James just might show up for Nationals now that RV is out.
jmar
4/19/2010 6:37am
Outsider wrote:
It's reality, RV was the favorite with Stewart sitting out.

The series just got a little easier.

The Shop

jmar
4/19/2010 6:39am
Racer92 wrote:
James just might show up for Nationals now that RV is out.
I agree

And no I don't think James was dogging anyone but it's going to be less work for a rider like James to win this thing now.
Outsider
4/19/2010 6:56am
jmar wrote:

I agree... more boring too, IMO. Kinda like '08 all over again... Maybe Dungey can carry his confidence outdoors.
level
4/19/2010 8:19am
Stewart will be challenged. He's been out of the loop for a while and doesn't have RC to contend with and he doesn't seem to have that fire in him any more. I don't see him coming out and dominating.
Pdub
4/19/2010 1:54pm
Yeah, that's what he's looking for... a series that involves less "work"...

Do you guys ever get serious?
bvm111
4/19/2010 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2010 1:56pm
are you for serious?
plowboy
4/19/2010 2:00pm
This might be a good year for a Euro to head west.
Overdrive
4/19/2010 2:06pm
I really don't think its the competion that he is staying away from, that just sounds like a taunt to try and get him to ride. He is extremely fast outdoors and could pull the championship no problem. I really don't understand any of the reasons he would use to not ride the outdoors and probably never will. All I can say is I miss him riding the oudoors. I MISS HIM RIDING PERIOD.
Zycki11
4/19/2010 2:09pm
He isn't racing the nationals. Squash your dreams now before they lead your life.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/19/2010 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2010 2:17pm
Okay, I don't normally go here, but...

You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether another rider is participating or not are way beyond delusional.

Everything I've heard about James' wrist so far is that it's healing...but slowly. When I talked to Larry Brooks in Houston (mostly in regards to the USGP), he said that James hasn't started riding yet, and that any Nationals that they do would probably be later in the season.
BAD10
4/19/2010 2:17pm
James has been out soo long, and with him not doing the nationals, he doesant even seem relevant anymore...............
Racer92
4/19/2010 2:20pm
GuyB wrote:
Okay, I don't normally go here, but...You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether...

You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether another rider is participating or not are way beyond delusional.

Everything I've heard about James' wrist so far is that it's healing...but slowly. When I talked to Larry Brooks in Houston (mostly in regards to the USGP), he said that James hasn't started riding yet, and that any Nationals that they do would probably be later in the season.
That is exactly what lots of people were saying when RC decided to retire. They were accusing Ricky of being 'scared' to keep racing James, remember?
plowboy
4/19/2010 3:03pm
It's just my un-educated opinion but I don't think James has considered anyone since RC "competition". He's young, rich, and full of beans. When the "dew" falls off the lily of his fame, he'll be back. He is and will continue to be one fast motorscooter.
4/19/2010 3:09pm
Zycki11 wrote:
He isn't racing the nationals. Squash your dreams now before they lead your life.
I'll bet you a dollar that he races at least one.
Zycki11
4/19/2010 3:16pm
Haha, I would gladly give you a dollar. I was "super pumped" for the nationals this year. The flame has dwindled since rv.
Mr. G
4/19/2010 3:24pm
Outsider wrote:
That's funny right there. I get it.
raddad
4/19/2010 3:29pm
jmar wrote:

Outsider wrote:
I agree... more boring too, IMO. Kinda like '08 all over again... Maybe Dungey can carry his confidence outdoors.
Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD is the underdog, how many titles and races must he win to be considered a real threat?

IMHO HE is the man that would be the biggest threat to JBS or anyone anywhere for that matter. But of course first he must prove himself by winning some races and championships.. hmmm

RV? He and RD would have run away from everyone IMO but we shall have to wait another year to see that match up i guess! How's that for taking the bait baby! Ha!Smile
Farva
4/19/2010 3:31pm
jmar wrote:

Outsider wrote:
raddad wrote:
Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD...
Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD is the underdog, how many titles and races must he win to be considered a real threat?

IMHO HE is the man that would be the biggest threat to JBS or anyone anywhere for that matter. But of course first he must prove himself by winning some races and championships.. hmmm

RV? He and RD would have run away from everyone IMO but we shall have to wait another year to see that match up i guess! How's that for taking the bait baby! Ha!Smile
I think it helps to get through an entire rookie season before we start calling Dungey a god.
RACEGUY
4/19/2010 3:34pm
Zycki11 wrote:
I'll bet you a dollar that he races at least one.
Pretty safe bet.

3 to 4 as things stand right now.

Since everything has gone so sideways, our speculation won't even come close to where we're going with the 2010 outdoor series.

The silly season (part-two) will be forum fodder beyond all expectations.
raddad
4/19/2010 3:38pm
Outsider wrote:
raddad wrote:
Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD...

Farva wrote:
I think it helps to get through an entire rookie season before we start calling Dungey a god.
We all said that two years ago, now i think he has earned the right to be considered a title contender. But if not, then all the sweeter if he does happen to do well right?

This year will be hard to call in truth, lots of guys that could win it all. Reed, Dungey, Grant, Short. The list is pretty long!
jmar
4/19/2010 3:44pm
GuyB wrote:
Okay, I don't normally go here, but...You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether...

Guy,

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I never said that he wasn't racing the nationals because he was afraid of RV. What I said is that the series has changed and it would be much less work "and pressure" to win week in and week out.

As far as you comment about being delusional?
Every year teams look at who is racing east or west and analyze which series is going is best suited for their individual riders.
BobbyM
4/19/2010 3:45pm
Pdub wrote:

yup, i bet james won't even sweat or have to wear a helmet now for the outdoors.
iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
4/19/2010 3:47pm
Just imagine if Dungey wins the motocross championship and another MXDN. That'll be 4 championships and 2 MXDN victorys in a row!
motogeezer
4/19/2010 3:56pm
jmar wrote:
Guy, I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I never said that he wasn't racing the nationals because he was afraid...
Guy,

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I never said that he wasn't racing the nationals because he was afraid of RV. What I said is that the series has changed and it would be much less work "and pressure" to win week in and week out.

As far as you comment about being delusional?
Every year teams look at who is racing east or west and analyze which series is going is best suited for their individual riders.
And it's kind of funny how Chad Reed's SX only status changed last year when it became obvious that he finally had a chance at the title...

Lucky for him RV and MA went out early.Whistling
RACEGUY
4/19/2010 3:59pm
A lot of guys who had to picture the target on Villo's back can now breathe normally.

It's now all just speculation, but imagine what MIGHT have been.
Kinetic1
4/19/2010 4:08pm
Who's to say RV is out of it this year? Let's say he gets healed up enough to ride in six weeks. Six weeks is going to put him coming back at round 2 or 3 (I'm guessing I didn't look it up) If he were to come in and win every moto (a tall order against the likes of Dungey (who if you remember figured out how to beat him towards the end of RV's last year on the 250) or Alessi or Tedesco or Reed. Where would he be in the points at the end of the outdoors? Approximately of course because you don't know how the first round or two is going to go for points.
jmar
4/19/2010 4:13pm
Pdub wrote:

P,

Please don't take this as being disrespectful because it's not meant to be, but you and others don't understand what it's like to be expected to win every time you line up on the gate. That is what James has lived through since he was 7 or 8 years old. I know there are are a lot of Dungey fans out there, and I take my hat to the kid he's a great rider and has done a fine job this year but, he ain't no RV when it comes to the outdoors.

The series just got easier and for a rider like James it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. James is a little burnt out and needs some time off but with RV out of this series, he could win this thing with out nearly as much work and "PRESSURE" as if RV were in.

Again,

No disrespect.

Post a reply to: Stewart’s decision

The Latest