Stewart’s decision

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2010 6:27 AM

With RV being injured it would be much less work to have a good series.

Just a thought, and no I am not fishing but it would be a lot less work and less stress to win the championship now.

|

Jim Martin

4/19/2010 6:34 AM

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

|

4/19/2010 6:35 AM

Sure you weren't! Makes sense to me but I bet Tony is going nuts too, poor Mike.wink

|

4/19/2010 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2010 6:37 AM

James just might show up for Nationals now that RV is out.

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

4/19/2010 6:37 AM

Outsider wrote:

It's reality, RV was the favorite with Stewart sitting out.

The series just got a little easier.

|

Jim Martin

4/19/2010 6:39 AM

Racer92 wrote:

James just might show up for Nationals now that RV is out.

I agree

And no I don't think James was dogging anyone but it's going to be less work for a rider like James to win this thing now.

|

Jim Martin

4/19/2010 6:56 AM

jmar wrote:

I agree... more boring too, IMO. Kinda like '08 all over again... Maybe Dungey can carry his confidence outdoors.

|

4/19/2010 8:19 AM

Stewart will be challenged. He's been out of the loop for a while and doesn't have RC to contend with and he doesn't seem to have that fire in him any more. I don't see him coming out and dominating.

|

4/19/2010 1:54 PM

Yeah, that's what he's looking for... a series that involves less "work"...

Do you guys ever get serious?

|

4/19/2010 1:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2010 1:56 PM

are you for serious?

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/19/2010 2:00 PM

This might be a good year for a Euro to head west.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/19/2010 2:06 PM

I really don't think its the competion that he is staying away from, that just sounds like a taunt to try and get him to ride. He is extremely fast outdoors and could pull the championship no problem. I really don't understand any of the reasons he would use to not ride the outdoors and probably never will. All I can say is I miss him riding the oudoors. I MISS HIM RIDING PERIOD.

|

4/19/2010 2:09 PM

He isn't racing the nationals. Squash your dreams now before they lead your life.

|

4/19/2010 2:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/19/2010 2:17 PM

Okay, I don't normally go here, but...

You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether another rider is participating or not are way beyond delusional.

Everything I've heard about James' wrist so far is that it's healing...but slowly. When I talked to Larry Brooks in Houston (mostly in regards to the USGP), he said that James hasn't started riding yet, and that any Nationals that they do would probably be later in the season.

|

4/19/2010 2:17 PM

James has been out soo long, and with him not doing the nationals, he doesant even seem relevant anymore...............

|

4/19/2010 2:20 PM

GuyB wrote:

You guys that think any individual rider's decision on whether to race the Nationals or not is based on whether another rider is participating or not are way beyond delusional.

Everything I've heard about James' wrist so far is that it's healing...but slowly. When I talked to Larry Brooks in Houston (mostly in regards to the USGP), he said that James hasn't started riding yet, and that any Nationals that they do would probably be later in the season.

That is exactly what lots of people were saying when RC decided to retire. They were accusing Ricky of being 'scared' to keep racing James, remember?

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

4/19/2010 3:03 PM

It's just my un-educated opinion but I don't think James has considered anyone since RC "competition". He's young, rich, and full of beans. When the "dew" falls off the lily of his fame, he'll be back. He is and will continue to be one fast motorscooter.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

4/19/2010 3:09 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

He isn't racing the nationals. Squash your dreams now before they lead your life.

I'll bet you a dollar that he races at least one.

|

4/19/2010 3:16 PM

Haha, I would gladly give you a dollar. I was "super pumped" for the nationals this year. The flame has dwindled since rv.

|

4/19/2010 3:24 PM

Outsider wrote:

That's funny right there. I get it.

|

4/19/2010 3:29 PM

Outsider wrote:

jmar wrote:

Outsider wrote:

I agree... more boring too, IMO. Kinda like '08 all over again... Maybe Dungey can carry his confidence outdoors.

Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD is the underdog, how many titles and races must he win to be considered a real threat?

IMHO HE is the man that would be the biggest threat to JBS or anyone anywhere for that matter. But of course first he must prove himself by winning some races and championships.. hmmm

RV? He and RD would have run away from everyone IMO but we shall have to wait another year to see that match up i guess! How's that for taking the bait baby! Ha!smile

|

dont screw with me, i am old and feeling grumpy..

4/19/2010 3:31 PM

jmar wrote:

Outsider wrote:

raddad wrote:

Dungey is no good at all out doors, will fold the minute he has a problem, a choker, a has been.. I see once again RD is the underdog, how many titles and races must he win to be considered a real threat?

IMHO HE is the man that would be the biggest threat to JBS or anyone anywhere for that matter. But of course first he must prove himself by winning some races and championships.. hmmm

RV? He and RD would have run away from everyone IMO but we shall have to wait another year to see that match up i guess! How's that for taking the bait baby! Ha!smile

I think it helps to get through an entire rookie season before we start calling Dungey a god.

|

flarider wrote: I don't know shit
and I am damn glad for that

4/19/2010 3:34 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

I'll bet you a dollar that he races at least one.

Pretty safe bet.

3 to 4 as things stand right now.

Since everything has gone so sideways, our speculation won't even come close to where we're going with the 2010 outdoor series.

The silly season (part-two) will be forum fodder beyond all expectations.

|

The opinions expressed here are possibly not even those of the contributor.

4/19/2010 3:38 PM

Outsider wrote:

raddad wrote:

Farva wrote:

I think it helps to get through an entire rookie season before we start calling Dungey a god.

We all said that two years ago, now i think he has earned the right to be considered a title contender. But if not, then all the sweeter if he does happen to do well right?

This year will be hard to call in truth, lots of guys that could win it all. Reed, Dungey, Grant, Short. The list is pretty long!

|

dont screw with me, i am old and feeling grumpy..

4/19/2010 3:44 PM

GuyB wrote:

Guy,

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I never said that he wasn't racing the nationals because he was afraid of RV. What I said is that the series has changed and it would be much less work "and pressure" to win week in and week out.

As far as you comment about being delusional?
Every year teams look at who is racing east or west and analyze which series is going is best suited for their individual riders.

|

Jim Martin

4/19/2010 3:45 PM

Pdub wrote:

Yeah, that's what he's looking for... a series that involves less "work"...

Do you guys ever get serious?

yup, i bet james won't even sweat or have to wear a helmet now for the outdoors.

|

4/19/2010 3:47 PM

Just imagine if Dungey wins the motocross championship and another MXDN. That'll be 4 championships and 2 MXDN victorys in a row!

|

4/19/2010 3:56 PM

jmar wrote:

Guy,

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. I never said that he wasn't racing the nationals because he was afraid of RV. What I said is that the series has changed and it would be much less work "and pressure" to win week in and week out.

As far as you comment about being delusional?
Every year teams look at who is racing east or west and analyze which series is going is best suited for their individual riders.

And it's kind of funny how Chad Reed's SX only status changed last year when it became obvious that he finally had a chance at the title...

Lucky for him RV and MA went out early.whistling

|

Ask not what your country can do for you, unless you can afford a lobbyist.

4/19/2010 3:59 PM

A lot of guys who had to picture the target on Villo's back can now breathe normally.

It's now all just speculation, but imagine what MIGHT have been.

|

The opinions expressed here are possibly not even those of the contributor.

4/19/2010 4:08 PM

Who's to say RV is out of it this year? Let's say he gets healed up enough to ride in six weeks. Six weeks is going to put him coming back at round 2 or 3 (I'm guessing I didn't look it up) If he were to come in and win every moto (a tall order against the likes of Dungey (who if you remember figured out how to beat him towards the end of RV's last year on the 250) or Alessi or Tedesco or Reed. Where would he be in the points at the end of the outdoors? Approximately of course because you don't know how the first round or two is going to go for points.

|

Are we gonna ride or are we gonna mess around all day?