|
mx73
1/29/2011 4:40pm
i mean i don't see him in 2nd timed qualifying
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
1/29/2011 4:41pm
Hes sitting it out after a crash before in practice. He will race tonight though.
TerryK
1/29/2011 4:41pm
Sitting out the final practice to "rest".

The Shop

mx73
1/29/2011 4:54pm
probably sitting on the sidelines watching RV and wondering how can i win tonight...wha will it take to beat him..the kid got skills
pilotdude
1/29/2011 4:55pm
Sitting out the 2nd timed practice due to the effects of a crash is not a good sign. In a field this tight, that does not bode well for him.
MX_Andrew83
1/29/2011 4:56pm
I hope he comes back out and races, but I want either RV2, or TC41 to win. I like JS7, but the ginger kids can ride.
KAWboy14
1/29/2011 4:58pm
if canard can race after that crash he had last week and finish 3rd......stewart can win this week after his crash!
txmxer
1/29/2011 5:00pm
It's just so the Stewart fans have a built in excuse.
1/29/2011 5:01pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
if canard can race after that crash he had last week and finish 3rd......stewart can win this week after his crash!
Sometimes the most dramatic looking crash you will walk away from without much more than a scratch, then others you tip over in a corner and break your collarbone. The crash does not always equal the injury. My bet is that he is playing some head games and perhaps counting on the rain?
mx73
1/29/2011 5:02pm
1 RV
2 Canard
3 Dungey
4 Stewart
RandyS
1/29/2011 5:03pm
Coming down with C.B.V.
Friday
1/29/2011 5:04pm
Glad he's not hurt too bad. We need Stewy out there. Unfortunately if he doesn't win tonight he'll have a ready made excuse. At any rate,glad he's gonna make the show.
MX_Andrew83
1/29/2011 5:06pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
Sometimes the most dramatic looking crash you will walk away from without much more than a scratch, then others you tip over in a corner and...
Sometimes the most dramatic looking crash you will walk away from without much more than a scratch, then others you tip over in a corner and break your collarbone. The crash does not always equal the injury. My bet is that he is playing some head games and perhaps counting on the rain?
Or a broken bone in your hand, you just never know.
petegrath
1/29/2011 5:08pm
mx73 wrote:
probably sitting on the sidelines watching RV and wondering how can i win tonight...wha will it take to beat him..the kid got skills
I'm sure that's exactly what he's doing... Whistling
nc97
1/29/2011 5:21pm
txmxer wrote:
It's just so the Stewart fans have a built in excuse.
Wasn't straight up!
level
1/29/2011 5:45pm
Stewart has done this in the past. If he feels he needs to rest then more power to him. He already qualified during first time qualifier so he's all good.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/29/2011 6:02pm
It wasn't a crash, it was a crash in each of the first two practices.
petegrath
1/29/2011 6:08pm
GuyB wrote:
It wasn't a crash, it was a crash in each of the first two practices.
Shit. I hope all's good with him.

I know there's plenty of shit thrown here and there concerning James, but his nerves have gotta be on edge. He's friggin' human after all, and I'm sure dealing with pressures he hasn't felt in quite a while.

Man, I have to discipline myself not to look here tonight! Tomorrow, noon... Come on! Gonna get a beer...
FlaNard
1/29/2011 6:46pm
Not a good sign. But with James you just never know. He could ride and walk away with it, or he could putt around and pull off.
Racer111
1/29/2011 6:54pm
Sitting out a practice doesn't mean anything. RV did the same thing last year in Jacksonville and broke his toe, but came out and won the race.....

If Stewart knows the track, which he obviously does, why not rest up and save it for the main rather than go out and risk injury if you don't really need to??

FlaNard
1/29/2011 7:03pm
Racer111 wrote:
Sitting out a practice doesn't mean anything. RV did the same thing last year in Jacksonville and broke his toe, but came out and won the...
Sitting out a practice doesn't mean anything. RV did the same thing last year in Jacksonville and broke his toe, but came out and won the race.....

If Stewart knows the track, which he obviously does, why not rest up and save it for the main rather than go out and risk injury if you don't really need to??

If sitting out was an advantage more riders would do it. James had a time when he skipped practices. It didnt end well for him back then.
P
1/29/2011 7:07pm
Racer111 wrote:
Sitting out a practice doesn't mean anything. RV did the same thing last year in Jacksonville and broke his toe, but came out and won the...

FlaNard wrote:
If sitting out was an advantage more riders would do it. James had a time when he skipped practices. It didnt end well for him back...
If sitting out was an advantage more riders would do it. James had a time when he skipped practices. It didnt end well for him back then.
Actually, he skipped practice at the Nationals and I believe that was the year that he went undefeated.

Either way, maybe something stiffened up and he is getting it worked on. As long as he can get decent points out of the race he should be fine.

P
1/29/2011 7:08pm
I don't know but has anyone noticed that Stewart does not look the same on that new Yamaha? His riding stye seems to have changed and I thought he was quicker on the old Yamadog...
FlaNard
1/29/2011 7:10pm
Racer111 wrote:

FlaNard wrote:
If sitting out was an advantage more riders would do it. James had a time when he skipped practices. It didnt end well for him back...
P wrote:
Actually, he skipped practice at the Nationals and I believe that was the year that he went undefeated. Either way, maybe something stiffened up and he...
Actually, he skipped practice at the Nationals and I believe that was the year that he went undefeated.

Either way, maybe something stiffened up and he is getting it worked on. As long as he can get decent points out of the race he should be fine.

P
He did it before then also. Didnt win the title. Im trying to remember which series it was, but there was alot of "I bet he wont be too cool to practice now." after that.
P
1/29/2011 7:10pm
I don't know but has anyone noticed that Stewart does not look the same on that new Yamaha? His riding stye seems to have changed and...
I don't know but has anyone noticed that Stewart does not look the same on that new Yamaha? His riding stye seems to have changed and I thought he was quicker on the old Yamadog...
He looks pretty good on the Yamaha this year if you ask me. Much better than he looked during the beginning of the season in 2009. That's just MHO.

P
FlaNard
1/29/2011 7:11pm
I don't know but has anyone noticed that Stewart does not look the same on that new Yamaha? His riding stye seems to have changed and...
P wrote:
He looks pretty good on the Yamaha this year if you ask me. Much better than he looked during the beginning of the season in 2009...
He looks pretty good on the Yamaha this year if you ask me. Much better than he looked during the beginning of the season in 2009. That's just MHO.

P
Yeah no doubt. That Yamaha looked like it was fighting him the couple times he raced on it last year. Bringing his own suspension guy in seems to have done wonders.
P
1/29/2011 7:14pm
FlaNard wrote:
P wrote:
Actually, he skipped practice at the Nationals and I believe that was the year that he went undefeated. Either way, maybe something stiffened up and he...

P
FlaNard wrote:
He did it before then also. Didnt win the title. Im trying to remember which series it was, but there was alot of "I bet he...
He did it before then also. Didnt win the title. Im trying to remember which series it was, but there was alot of "I bet he wont be too cool to practice now." after that.
I think that he skipped second practice at a few 125 class races (SX), in maybe his last year in the class, but I could be wrong. I don't remember him doing that in the 250/450 class.

P
P
1/29/2011 7:16pm
P wrote:
He looks pretty good on the Yamaha this year if you ask me. Much better than he looked during the beginning of the season in 2009...

P
FlaNard wrote:
Yeah no doubt. That Yamaha looked like it was fighting him the couple times he raced on it last year. Bringing his own suspension guy in...
Yeah no doubt. That Yamaha looked like it was fighting him the couple times he raced on it last year. Bringing his own suspension guy in seems to have done wonders.
Yeah, his suspension seems to be working much better for him this year.

P
Chase26
1/29/2011 7:18pm
hah! u guys have know clue! bunch of bandwagon fans, #7 is smart!

Post a reply to: Stewart no 2nd Qualifiying practice

The Latest