Stewart is the man!

level
1/8/2011 6:12am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 5:58pm
Love him or hate him you have to respect how he rides a dirtbike. It was an absolute thrill to watch him on a 125 and even still on a 450. Also, kudos to him for being his own man-doing what the hell he wants to do. Lot's of smack talk against him and he keeps on trucking.

Us fans should be lucky to have such a talented rider to watch. I'm glad he's finally back from injury and hope he fuckin tears it up out there and shows them guys how you ride a dirtbike beyond 100%. Smile
|
mac3-d
1/8/2011 6:14am
agreed win or dnf there is no taming him
motogrady
1/8/2011 6:15am

Go big or go home.\..................gotta admire that attitude.
Racer111
1/8/2011 6:45am
motogrady wrote:

Maybe we should start calling him "Ricky Bubby"????

The 3 guys I have enjoyed watching the most over the past 18 years are MC, RC, and James Stewart. Each one of them has had the same presence in SX that Michael Jordan had when he played in the NBA. You always knew there was a chance you were/are going to see something special while they were out there.

However, the 2004 SX season was an amazing season because the racing between KW and CR was amazing. No MC AND no RC for the first time in 12 years. For the first time in 12 years the only thing missing was domination. Great racing!!

Now, here we are with the 2011 SX season. We have the current SX champ and 2 former SX champs ready to GO!!

RD has got to be feeling the pressure of being the champ and taking on a healthy Stewart and a hungry Stewart. A happy and seemingly rejuvinated and healthy Chad Reed, and a healthy RV who KNOWS he has the ability to beat RD. If we EVER wanted to know how well RD rides under pressure, I think tonight may be the night more than ever. I am purely speculating of course. I do not know RD or know how he feels exactly, but I am just trying to put myself in his shoes and think of how I would be feeling.

JS lost his #1 plate and seems as focussed and ready as I have seen him in a long time. That makes him extremely dangerous. I am not 100% expecting it, but it would not surprise me to see him go out tonight and lay down the wood.

CR seems as happy and focused as I have seen him since about 2004. Really excited to see him tonight.

RV has to be upset knowing he was making a run at the SX title last year and having won the majority of the races, I am sure he has a lot more confidence than he did going in to A1 in 09 and 10, BUT he has been a slow starter both of the previous 2 seasons. He usually doesn't get going until about round 3 or 4.

All we can do is speculate, but tonights A1 is going to be an outright brawl tonight I believe. SO many riders and for the 1st time in a long time, at least 4 or 5 guys that have the ability to win. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

burnside
1/8/2011 6:48am
Funny how people are warming up to Bubba again now he's back at the races!

The Shop

Big Lenny
1/8/2011 6:59am
motogrady wrote:

Racer111 wrote:
Maybe we should start calling him "Ricky Bubby"???? The 3 guys I have enjoyed watching the most over the past 18 years are MC, RC, and...

The 3 guys I have enjoyed watching the most over the past 18 years are MC, RC, and James Stewart. Each one of them has had the same presence in SX that Michael Jordan had when he played in the NBA. You always knew there was a chance you were/are going to see something special while they were out there.

However, the 2004 SX season was an amazing season because the racing between KW and CR was amazing. No MC AND no RC for the first time in 12 years. For the first time in 12 years the only thing missing was domination. Great racing!!

Now, here we are with the 2011 SX season. We have the current SX champ and 2 former SX champs ready to GO!!

RD has got to be feeling the pressure of being the champ and taking on a healthy Stewart and a hungry Stewart. A happy and seemingly rejuvinated and healthy Chad Reed, and a healthy RV who KNOWS he has the ability to beat RD. If we EVER wanted to know how well RD rides under pressure, I think tonight may be the night more than ever. I am purely speculating of course. I do not know RD or know how he feels exactly, but I am just trying to put myself in his shoes and think of how I would be feeling.

JS lost his #1 plate and seems as focussed and ready as I have seen him in a long time. That makes him extremely dangerous. I am not 100% expecting it, but it would not surprise me to see him go out tonight and lay down the wood.

CR seems as happy and focused as I have seen him since about 2004. Really excited to see him tonight.

RV has to be upset knowing he was making a run at the SX title last year and having won the majority of the races, I am sure he has a lot more confidence than he did going in to A1 in 09 and 10, BUT he has been a slow starter both of the previous 2 seasons. He usually doesn't get going until about round 3 or 4.

All we can do is speculate, but tonights A1 is going to be an outright brawl tonight I believe. SO many riders and for the 1st time in a long time, at least 4 or 5 guys that have the ability to win. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

Pretty fair post....
Racer111
1/8/2011 7:04am
Big Lenny wrote:
Pretty fair post....
Thanks Big Lenny!! I am hoping our man Stewart dominates!! Would make for a great weekend!!
Chase26
1/8/2011 7:21am
hes gna smoke them!watch if someone else wins everyone will bag on him, 2 many followers ! n band wagoners! give it to them ''bubba''
fader418
1/8/2011 7:35am
Dont worry, all the haters will be back on the bandwagon after tonite.........
chrisbuehler
1/8/2011 7:48am
Racer111 wrote:
Maybe we should start calling him "Ricky Bubby"???? The 3 guys I have enjoyed watching the most over the past 18 years are MC, RC, and...

Still with the RD and will he cave to the preasure? While others around him wilt, the guy excels.
kx1984
1/8/2011 7:54am
burnside wrote:
Funny how people are warming up to Bubba again now he's back at the races!
Right !
kx1984
1/8/2011 7:56am
flarider wrote:
been looking for that video forever. thanks.
Towelie
1/8/2011 8:03am
I love watching all of them. Even the guy in last place in the freakin heat races are incredible to me, because that guy would still be the fastest dude at a vast majority of local tracks.
flarider
1/8/2011 8:08am
Towelie wrote:
I love watching all of them. Even the guy in last place in the freakin heat races are incredible to me, because that guy would still...
I love watching all of them. Even the guy in last place in the freakin heat races are incredible to me, because that guy would still be the fastest dude at a vast majority of local tracks.
That is what my daughter and I always talk about at the SX races and people forget while pointing and laughing at the guy in the back of the pack struggling his way around the track....that guy is likely "track king" at his local track, he is the guy who wins every race and kids look up to, but when on an AMA SX track, he looks like a novice

Which also shows you how much greater the elite riders are.
spd721
1/8/2011 8:20am
Just wait until he does does something stupid again and everyone will be telling him to fuck off.
RaceFace
1/8/2011 9:30am
level wrote:
Love him or hate him you have to respect how he rides a dirtbike. It was an absolute thrill to watch him on a 125 and...
Love him or hate him you have to respect how he rides a dirtbike. It was an absolute thrill to watch him on a 125 and even still on a 450. Also, kudos to him for being his own man-doing what the hell he wants to do. Lot's of smack talk against him and he keeps on trucking.

Us fans should be lucky to have such a talented rider to watch. I'm glad he's finally back from injury and hope he fuckin tears it up out there and shows them guys how you ride a dirtbike beyond 100%. Smile
It seems people forget that he pretty much had everyone liking him in his first 5 years or so in the Pros.

Everyone loves seeing him ride and admiring his talent, which is why so many didn't like the SX only thing. He basically has turned a lot people off over the years.

You said it perfectly, we ARE lucky to have such a talented rider to watch. Now if we can work on the getting to watch him issue, things might be a whole lot better.

We've only been able to "watch" him 4 times in 19 months.......how often will we get to watch him between May-December 2011? ...and I don't mean on a Fuel TV reality show.
dc1236
1/8/2011 9:57am
flarider wrote:
Was that Evel Knievel? He was going to fast for me to decide......

Post a reply to: Stewart is the man!

The Latest