Stewart is retiring and reed wants more...

logan_140

Nothing against Stewart he has had and amazing legacy but damnit Reed jus has the drive and heart for this sport. Still running solid top 5 with the young guns..
|
logan_140
3/9/2017 2:02pm
He has also had a healthier career than James.
Eh they have both had their fair share.. reed hasn't exactly had a healthy career
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
3/9/2017 2:04pm
The necessity of this thread is completely lost on me.
logan_140
3/9/2017 2:06pm
MX Guy wrote:
No the thread you would be talking about sir is the one that says "add turbos to SX/mx"...

The Shop

51xc
3/9/2017 2:07pm
they are both legends of the sport in their own ways. reed as the most consistent mx rider we've ever seen and james as the fastes and most creative guy to ever ride a mx bike. both can and should be extremely proud of what they have achieved.
logan_140
3/9/2017 2:09pm
51xc wrote:
they are both legends of the sport in their own ways. reed as the most consistent mx rider we've ever seen and james as the fastes...
they are both legends of the sport in their own ways. reed as the most consistent mx rider we've ever seen and james as the fastes and most creative guy to ever ride a mx bike. both can and should be extremely proud of what they have achieved.
I completely agree. But it is crazy how reedy just wants more.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/9/2017 2:49pm
51xc wrote:
they are both legends of the sport in their own ways. reed as the most consistent mx rider we've ever seen and james as the fastes...
logan_140 wrote:
I think Reed just has a hard time looking in the mirror. He isnt the same rider he was in 2002 through 2012.

He hasnt won a race in 2 years, and I dont think he will. Im sure he feels he can be competitive, but look at his results, he has one good result and another decent result (last weekend). But he is struggling to even get podiums now and he is the king of podiums.

With that said, I think Stewart could still win a race if he came out, but I dont look for that to happen, though it would be cool to see. Especially after his little video where he got his fans all pumped up. At least do a couple rounds this year.
logan_140
3/9/2017 2:52pm
51xc wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
I think Reed just has a hard time looking in the mirror. He isnt the same rider he was in 2002 through 2012. He hasnt won...
I think Reed just has a hard time looking in the mirror. He isnt the same rider he was in 2002 through 2012.

He hasnt won a race in 2 years, and I dont think he will. Im sure he feels he can be competitive, but look at his results, he has one good result and another decent result (last weekend). But he is struggling to even get podiums now and he is the king of podiums.

With that said, I think Stewart could still win a race if he came out, but I dont look for that to happen, though it would be cool to see. Especially after his little video where he got his fans all pumped up. At least do a couple rounds this year.
Stew could win a heat race.. no way he has the fitness to go 20 min
Juice_Mann
3/9/2017 2:55pm
51xc wrote:
Dungey is the most consistent MX rider we've ever seen. Just sayin.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
3/9/2017 3:01pm
MX Guy wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
No the thread you would be talking about sir is the one that says "add turbos to SX/mx"...
No it's definitely this one.
VilloFan951
3/9/2017 3:04pm
I'm not a huge stew fan but always admire what the guy can do on a bike. I really wish we would see at least a small goodbye tour or something from him it's just kinda sad that one of the sports top guys at the time won't even show face anywhere
jj welks
3/9/2017 3:07pm
JS doesn't have anything left to prove Reed didn't win as much as JS
ACBraap
Fantasy
564th
3/9/2017 3:29pm
James couldn't be retiring, pretty sure he said he was coming back for his fans....
DPW
3/9/2017 3:44pm
Did I miss the JS7 retirement announcement ? I know it's coming...
logan_140
3/9/2017 3:47pm
DPW wrote:
Did I miss the JS7 retirement announcement ? I know it's coming...
Bet it comes after Daytona
defeatist45
3/9/2017 3:48pm
ACBraap wrote:
James couldn't be retiring, pretty sure he said he was coming back for his fans....
" You can't get rid of me that easy" is the new "As of now, I'm racing the Nationals"
stantdm
3/9/2017 3:54pm
Not much difference in them, both had great careers. Reed had his moment in the sun and took advantage of it. Stewart was, for a time, the FMOTP and did amazing things on a bike. He probably threw away a few championships and I will always believe when he couldn't beat RC outdoors it affected him a great deal. Just my opinion, of course, and yours may be different.
dirtnapper
3/9/2017 3:54pm
51xc wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:
I think Reed just has a hard time looking in the mirror. He isnt the same rider he was in 2002 through 2012. He hasnt won...

Gimmie a break!!

You cannot take ANYTHING away from Chad - year after year he lines up and races all the new young hotshot guys and has beaten everyone of them at least once.

He's OUT THERE!! Racing.

Where is Stewart again?

Sorry but I will disagree with you completely there. In order to have a chance to win, you have to be on the gate. Who's been on the gate the last few years and who hasn't??

Nice cast tho bro.......Pinch
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
3/9/2017 4:03pm
logan_140 wrote:
mx 219 wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:
Gimmie a break!! You cannot take ANYTHING away from Chad - year after year he lines up and races all the new young hotshot guys and...
Gimmie a break!!

You cannot take ANYTHING away from Chad - year after year he lines up and races all the new young hotshot guys and has beaten everyone of them at least once.

He's OUT THERE!! Racing.

Where is Stewart again?

Sorry but I will disagree with you completely there. In order to have a chance to win, you have to be on the gate. Who's been on the gate the last few years and who hasn't??

Nice cast tho bro.......Pinch
Exactly. Hes not at good as he once was. But he has beaten every rider out there at some stage.

He has won races against Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart in their primes. He was racing in the big boy class years before James Stewart came up and is racing still after he looks done and still plans to keep on going.

I think if the cards fall in place he can still win a race. But with his starts that is hard to see happening. Only a few rounds back he caught and passed Ryan Dungey and then gapped him. The only other two riders who have done that this year are Eli Tomac and Ken Roczen.

This is a young mans sport and he is still relevant and probably has more fans than any rider based on the cheers he gets when he makes a pass. No way he ever wins a championship again. But he probably has a lot of podiums left in him and maybe theres another win or two.
davistld01
3/9/2017 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2017 4:12pm
Reed passed the leader for the win in his heat race in Toronto last Saturday. Not bad for the oldest guy on the gate! Yeah, he's been an arrogant ass more than once...and I've talked crap about the guy, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. Chad Reed is a bad, bad man! I'm a fan. That is all.

And, I'm still a JS7 fan...but not a fan of the way he's done things this year, at all. He doesn't owe me or anybody else anything I don't guess, but really dude...if you say you're "doing it for the fans" then you need to at least have the nuts to say you're in or you're out. Either way is cool with me...no harm, no foul...but man the hell up and at least tell "the fans" what you're going to do. That is all.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
3/9/2017 4:16pm
logan_140 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/09/180562/s1200_IMG_0910.jpg[/img] Nothing against Stewart he has had and amazing legacy but damnit Reed jus has the drive and heart for this sport. Still running solid top...

Nothing against Stewart he has had and amazing legacy but damnit Reed jus has the drive and heart for this sport. Still running solid top 5 with the young guns..
hey just remember, when Chad clinched his 2009 MX title at Southwick John Dowd took 3rd overall at 44years old
Fourth_Floor
3/9/2017 4:24pm
One of the many cool things about Reed is that he is out there for the love of the sport and riding dirtbikes. I am sure he could easily retire and have a comfy job still within the industry but the dude loves to ride and loves to compete and regardless what place he finishes you have to respect that. Especially when you see interviews of guys like RV saying he wishes he would have done something else. Chad Reed, in my eyes, is the essence of what moto is all about.
cmarona463
3/9/2017 4:34pm
logan_140 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/09/180562/s1200_IMG_0910.jpg[/img] Nothing against Stewart he has had and amazing legacy but damnit Reed jus has the drive and heart for this sport. Still running solid top...

I'm confused. Where was the part that Reed said Stewart was retiring?
3/9/2017 5:09pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2017 5:17pm
I like seeing stuff like that, the Reed family has tremendous pride in Chad and what he
has accomplished as a Father, its great!
umagumadog
3/9/2017 5:11pm
He's out there living his life, who gives two shits if you clowns like it or not. More power to him.
visser62
3/9/2017 5:27pm
James is just doing things like Joni Mitchell said...

"I'm gonna make a lot of money, then I'm gonna leave this crazy scene."

And I don't blame him. He's received more unnecessary backlash than anybody. And really not for any good reason.
level
3/9/2017 5:33pm
Reed still has what it takes when he doesn't he will know and that's for him to decide.

Post a reply to: Stewart is retiring and reed wants more...

The Latest