Stewart has changed...really?????

egoman
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 11:12pm
James gets caught up in a first turn crash and uses his head and salvages a decent finish.........not really.
James beside being an incredible talent tends to turn the brain off when he is behind. Another rider hurt due to his lack of awareness and a 15th place finish to show for it.
Maybe some yoga would help, maybe not.
|
MDMCG
2/13/2011 7:14am
egoman wrote:
James gets caught up in a first turn crash and uses his head and salvages a decent finish.........not really. James beside being an incredible talent tends...
James gets caught up in a first turn crash and uses his head and salvages a decent finish.........not really.
James beside being an incredible talent tends to turn the brain off when he is behind. Another rider hurt due to his lack of awareness and a 15th place finish to show for it.
Maybe they should do something about racers who are averaging 5 seconds a lap slower than the leaders, but still decide to ride around in the raceline and cause crashes.

KW also landed on a lapper while leading one of the first rounds... He even basically hit IT last weekend.

How about the Lites heat race a few weeks ago that lead to CC's broken leg?
Hank_Thrill
2/13/2011 7:15am
Old habits are hard to break, and just because he has O'show in his camp doesn't mean twenty-two years worth of riding habits are going to vanish into thin air. It is difficult to speculate, without watching the race, but I am curious if he went into panic mode or not... kind of sounds like it... He has shown patience this year - A1 being a good example - and he has also mentioned how he has gone back to his previous riding style at time trying to make his way through the pack on the first lap...

Is Kyle Cunningham (sp) the person he hurt?
WhKnuckle
2/13/2011 7:18am
egoman wrote:
James gets caught up in a first turn crash and uses his head and salvages a decent finish.........not really. James beside being an incredible talent tends...
His speed is just so much faster than other guys in the back of the pack that he can't dodge them. It's similar to the old days of the Daytona road race when some guys were going 30 MPH slower than the fast ones on the banking - the fast guys couldn't compensate for the slower guys' ability to change lines, and there were lots of close calls and actual collisions. That's made much worse on a very small track, because if there's anything Stewart needs, it's plenty of room.

That's just the way he rides, and when you watch him, he's off the charts fast. You go that fast, something is going to happen if you get stuck behind the pack. He WILL NOT slow down.
WhKnuckle
2/13/2011 7:20am
Old habits are hard to break, and just because he has O'show in his camp doesn't mean twenty-two years worth of riding habits are going to...
Old habits are hard to break, and just because he has O'show in his camp doesn't mean twenty-two years worth of riding habits are going to vanish into thin air. It is difficult to speculate, without watching the race, but I am curious if he went into panic mode or not... kind of sounds like it... He has shown patience this year - A1 being a good example - and he has also mentioned how he has gone back to his previous riding style at time trying to make his way through the pack on the first lap...

Is Kyle Cunningham (sp) the person he hurt?
No, it was Jason Thomas. Oddly enough, the same Jason Thomas that trains with James in Florida...

I don't think he was in panic mode, he was just trying to ride his pace in a pack of guys who couldn't stay within 3 seconds a lap of him.

The Shop

R-acer
2/13/2011 7:21am
Have you guys seen the race yet?
TerryK
2/13/2011 7:27am
While I tend to agree with the difficulties in having riders with such differences in speed, it does happen in every single form of closed course racing and they deal with it. My issue is when people say that it's tough for a rider of James immense skills to race through the pack without causing carnage as he goes. I call bullshit. If JS would put his head head down and use patience to work his way back he would have done much better than 15th. He had plenty of time.

Like the old saying goes, sometimes you have to slow down to go faster.
pilotdude
2/13/2011 7:29am
It looked to me like both Stewart and Villopoto knew that they had a job to do and were doing it. Neither one was doing anything particularly crazy that I could see. Jason Thomas got a shout out by the announcer before the race for having been in something like 150 supercross main events, so I think it is safe to say he knows what he is doing and didn't "cause" the crash. I didn't actually witness that particular crash so I will wait until I see it on TV. Sounds like it was a racing incident and one of those unfortunate things that just happen.
ocscottie
You guys probably werent here for the race threads last night...what he did was stay on the track and do what he could to soldier on and try and score every point he could with a bike that most riders would pull off the track on. You try riding a SX track with a front wheel locking up. He knows how valuable every single point is.

Haters hate, fans appreciate.
flarider
WhKnuckle wrote:
No, it was Jason Thomas. Oddly enough, the same Jason Thomas that trains with James in Florida... I don't think he was in panic mode, he...
No, it was Jason Thomas. Oddly enough, the same Jason Thomas that trains with James in Florida...

I don't think he was in panic mode, he was just trying to ride his pace in a pack of guys who couldn't stay within 3 seconds a lap of him.
JT$ isn't hurt and he doesn't train with James
He rides with Chad and Byrne and those guys.

Shit happens and it's funny to read people write shit like this when they haven't even seen the race yet....remote viewing?
WhKnuckle
2/13/2011 7:32am
TerryK wrote:
While I tend to agree with the difficulties in having riders with such differences in speed, it does happen in every single form of closed course...
While I tend to agree with the difficulties in having riders with such differences in speed, it does happen in every single form of closed course racing and they deal with it. My issue is when people say that it's tough for a rider of James immense skills to race through the pack without causing carnage as he goes. I call bullshit. If JS would put his head head down and use patience to work his way back he would have done much better than 15th. He had plenty of time.

After watching him all these years, he's just not going to do that. He's going to go maximum velocity on every inch of the track and that's that. People can complain about it, but that's why he goes as fast as he does. The guy is just incredible on a motorcycle, and while he'd stay off the ground more if he'd dial it back, he wouldn't be James Stewart. Take him or leave him, but he's not going to go slower, anywhere, ever.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
2/13/2011 7:45am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2011 7:47am
yea Jt says he doesn't really ever talk to James and spends his time training at Chads place. People were saying that JT made mistake and was more at fault than Stew. I guess there are people on here that have experience leading the points in the top class in the sport and should send the resume to San Manuel so James can learn from their expertise. The guy is the most amazing rider out there by far and rides at a high level on a really tight track and each and every rider is going to have a collision at some point no matter who they are if you race SX. The faster guys more than others. I am sure he probably wishes he had the control and skills of the keyboard racers. Some day maybe. lol
Suns_PSD
2/13/2011 8:00am Edited Date/Time 2/13/2011 8:01am
I was starring right at Bubba and sitting about as close to him as you could and still be in the stands when the accident happened.

IMO, he was riding very aggressive and tried to thread a needle and it was just too close. The guy he tangled w/ wasn't doing the rythm section as fast as Bubba but then again not many were.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
2/13/2011 8:08am
You do know that he was riding with a shitty front brake that kept locking up? That when he didnt go charge.
WhKnuckle
2/13/2011 8:08am
Suns_PSD wrote:
I was starring right at Bubba and sitting about as close to him as you could and still be in the stands when the accident happened...
I was starring right at Bubba and sitting about as close to him as you could and still be in the stands when the accident happened.

IMO, he was riding very aggressive and tried to thread a needle and it was just too close. The guy he tangled w/ wasn't doing the rythm section as fast as Bubba but then again not many were.
Rhythm sections are particularly bad about riders with big gaps in speed. The fast guy has to commit to doing the section at speed on a particular line and once he starts doing it, he doesn't have many options. The slower rider can ad-lib it a lot more.
jndmx
2/13/2011 8:13am
Suns_PSD wrote:
I was starring right at Bubba and sitting about as close to him as you could and still be in the stands when the accident happened...

WhKnuckle wrote:
Rhythm sections are particularly bad about riders with big gaps in speed. The fast guy has to commit to doing the section at speed on a...
Rhythm sections are particularly bad about riders with big gaps in speed. The fast guy has to commit to doing the section at speed on a particular line and once he starts doing it, he doesn't have many options. The slower rider can ad-lib it a lot more.
Problem is the faster rider is behind the slower rider......the slower guy would need eyes in the back of his head.

Remember that at this point the slower and faster rider are still on the same lap so the pass is for position not a blue flag thing.
The guy being passed has no obligation to make way for the faster rider at that point.
Nielsen277
2/13/2011 8:24am
What a bunch of dorks. Good job getting all that from the live timing.

James' bike looked pretty tweaked after the first turn crash (mostly his bars and front end). He was actually riding pretty good until his second crash. After that he was basically going backwards but still rode hard. He hit the dirt pretty hard twice last night.
hairy
2/13/2011 9:03am
MDMCG wrote:
Maybe they should do something about racers who are averaging 5 seconds a lap slower than the leaders, but still decide to ride around in the...
Maybe they should do something about racers who are averaging 5 seconds a lap slower than the leaders, but still decide to ride around in the raceline and cause crashes.

KW also landed on a lapper while leading one of the first rounds... He even basically hit IT last weekend.

JT was running 12th and JS7 13th. JT was not a lapper ignoring blue flags, he was getting on with his own race and looking at his best finish of the year. Is that not allowed any more ?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/13/2011 9:08am
flarider wrote:
JT$ isn't hurt and he doesn't train with James He rides with Chad and Byrne and those guys. Shit happens and it's funny to read people...
JT$ isn't hurt and he doesn't train with James
He rides with Chad and Byrne and those guys.

Shit happens and it's funny to read people write shit like this when they haven't even seen the race yet....remote viewing?
I think Disney calls it Imagineering.
Overdrive
2/13/2011 9:14am
MDMCG wrote:
Maybe they should do something about racers who are averaging 5 seconds a lap slower than the leaders, but still decide to ride around in the...

hairy wrote:
JT was running 12th and JS7 13th. JT was not a lapper ignoring blue flags, he was getting on with his own race and looking at...
JT was running 12th and JS7 13th. JT was not a lapper ignoring blue flags, he was getting on with his own race and looking at his best finish of the year. Is that not allowed any more ?
Thank you Hairy for setting the record straight.
2/13/2011 9:26am
MDMCG wrote:

hairy wrote:
JT was running 12th and JS7 13th. JT was not a lapper ignoring blue flags, he was getting on with his own race and looking at...
MDMCG.... next time you have a thought, let it go without typing! What does a lapper or someone 5 seconds off have to do with CC, Christian Craig's, leg? CC and Tyla got into it battling for the lead. (ill leave out oppinion on fault) So how the hell does that have a thing todo with anything you said?
`ol Ger
2/13/2011 9:31am
TerryK wrote:
While I tend to agree with the difficulties in having riders with such differences in speed, it does happen in every single form of closed course...

McGrath was good at getting through the pack and so was LaRocco and Carmichael.
grover738
2/13/2011 9:34am
I've read in various posts that the start crash was JS's fault. Just watched it, it was definitely NOT his fault. Whole lot of banging going on, shit happens.
2/13/2011 9:40am
just saw the JS crash on tv...... what a head up ass move by JS. That wasnt a deal where he thought JT$ was going to do something and didnt and it surprised JS. That was just total brain disconnect on JS's part, old james ignoring every rider on the track.
wardy
2/13/2011 10:03am
CAUGHT UP"??????????????????? James was out of control bangin on the riders either side of him all the way to the corner where he took out reed.

wow. bunch of ralphs in here.

wonder how many people now will ask that thomas not be allowed back out there as he doubles and james tripled and landed on him using the "smith" line of thinking.

tracked sucked.

sorry but james plain had his helmet on backwards last night made some bad decisions.
wardy
2/13/2011 10:04am
I would like to know if there were records who has the most "jump on the back of others record"?

we had a rider like that years ago around here ......... bet some of the old guys from IL would remember him. he actually raced stupercross to.
zippy895
2/13/2011 10:05am
calling it a race accident. that could of been prevented if it was not a race
petie11o5
2/13/2011 10:05am
JT$ cased the double. Meanwhile, JS7 was jumping to the table. How is JS7 supposed to predict the future about JT$ clipping a jump? Sh!t happens out on the track.

All of the JS7 haters are a joke. IMO if guys like JT$ can't make it over a small double without clipping they shouldn't be out there.
LoudLove
2/13/2011 10:08am
Was Reed part of that first turn fiasco? And if so, did he really finish 6th? That's an impressive result. I'm sure James would gladly trade his 15th for a 6th. (Although candidly, James' go-for-it attitude makes for a more exciting race.)

And what about that triple just after the 90 degree right-hander? Approach was slick as glass, and rear wheels were a-spinnin'. Definite 10 on the pucker-factor scale.
jndmx
2/13/2011 10:09am
petie11o5 wrote:
JT$ cased the double. Meanwhile, JS7 was jumping to the table. How is JS7 supposed to predict the future about JT$ clipping a jump? Sh!t happens...
JT$ cased the double. Meanwhile, JS7 was jumping to the table. How is JS7 supposed to predict the future about JT$ clipping a jump? Sh!t happens out on the track.

All of the JS7 haters are a joke. IMO if guys like JT$ can't make it over a small double without clipping they shouldn't be out there.
Thomas got bumped by alessi in the previious corner that is why he cased the double.

You are the joke if you think a guy like Thomas can't clear a double, pull your head out.

It happens in racing, sucks but it happens.

Post a reply to: Stewart has changed...really?????

The Latest