Stewart did nothing wrong. Wrong place at the wrong time

VRR7
2/28/2016 5:32am
James Stewart should have T-Boned Dungey into the cheap seats - Then say "sorry my foot slipped" then go home and train for the outdoors.
2/28/2016 5:36am
I dont care what the rule book says the blue flag means, racers all know what it means. A long time ago I had a race director say this in a riders meeting and this stuck with me because it is the true meaning of the blue flag

"If you see the blue flag waved at you, that means there is a race going on and you are NOT in it"

There was a race going on and James was definitely not in it.

As already pointed out, very good riders like Weimer and Canard moved over for the race leaders, and It was VERY obvious for at least 3/4 of the lap James was getting the blue flag and was either thinking it was meant for someone else (whom I'm not sure because there was no one else on his lap anywhere near him) or he saw it and ignored it. When they were going through the whoop section right before they cross the start straight I said "oh shit, something is going to happen with JS7" That was half a lap before the incident, he had plenty of places, like the turn at the end of the whoops, or the finish line turn, where he could have moved over.

I absolutely do not think James did it on purpose, I do not think he intended to get in the way, I just think he has been the guy doing the lapping for so long that he was not thinking about what he was doing.
MR. X
2/28/2016 5:37am
Wow, really am surprised at how many people are saying James had nothing to do with the crash. You can see plain as day how wide...
Wow, really am surprised at how many people are saying James had nothing to do with the crash. You can see plain as day how wide Marvin had to go to get around him and how much room James had on the inside to move out of the way. Any other lapper would have got out of the way and you can't blame Marvin for expecting the blue flags to be adhered to. Sorry but you guys are delusional if you think Marvin messed up all on his own.
James was riding the tougblocks when marvin short jumped and screwed up the section ,then in typical Marvin fashion,swerve in the line of the guy about to pass him.
cool_hand
2/28/2016 5:41am
It's always been about Stewart, that's how he rolls.

He was clearly racing the leaders in that final section.

I can almost read the thoughts in his head, "Ain't NO ONE lappin' me, I'm James F*king Stewart..."

The Shop

2/28/2016 5:45am
Rookie Mistake
Dungey forced that situation , like a true vet

What kills me is Dungey actually tried to feel bad for pushing Marv into a lapper

2/28/2016 5:46am
MR. X wrote:
James was riding the tougblocks when marvin short jumped and screwed up the section ,then in typical Marvin fashion,swerve in the line of the guy about...
James was riding the tougblocks when marvin short jumped and screwed up the section ,then in typical Marvin fashion,swerve in the line of the guy about to pass him.
Did you have your eyes closed for 10 seconds before that?
2/28/2016 5:53am
cool_hand wrote:
It's always been about Stewart, that's how he rolls. He was clearly racing the leaders in that final section. I can almost read the thoughts in...
It's always been about Stewart, that's how he rolls.

He was clearly racing the leaders in that final section.

I can almost read the thoughts in his head, "Ain't NO ONE lappin' me, I'm James F*king Stewart..."
He even looked back when they were crossing the start straight and he had plenty of room and time to let them by. It looked like he even started pushing harder when he realized he was getting lapped. Whether he actually caused Musquin's problem or not is irrelevant, the point is, someone who was NOT in the race for the lead, who could have easily moved over without losing a spot, put themselves in the middle of the race for the lead.

I dont think he did it because it was Marvin, JS7 would have done exactly the same thing no matter who the two riders were that were coming up to lap him, and that is the problem.
jndmx
2/28/2016 5:53am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 5:55am
I'm watching the race back now and it will be interesting to see if they show it.
James got the blue flag at least 4 times that I saw from where my seat was before they even got to the section in question.

Once at the entrance of the rhythm lane with the step on step off.
Once again at the end of the section
Again coming over the wall into the whoops and once more before the finish.

Bummer deal for sure.
MR. X
2/28/2016 6:01am
James went through the hoops before the section that marvin screwed up on, he went into the corner and stayed low to give the the 2 leaders the quick line around , he went the whole section right next to the tough blocks and marvin just came up short on line that he was easily taking earlier in the race.
2/28/2016 6:03am
Lucifa. wrote:
How do you get out of the way? Move left or right?
Elaborate. Before or after the whoops? As soon as I saw Stew hammer the whoops at their pace, on the left hand side, I knew the...
Elaborate. Before or after the whoops? As soon as I saw Stew hammer the whoops at their pace, on the left hand side, I knew the momentum would carry him up in to the berm.
Lucifa. wrote:
Stew is one of the best at hammering the whoops with speed. You want him to slow up and drop a front wheel?
If you're telling me that one of the greatest motocross riders of all time can ONLY go through the whoops 4th gear pinned or he will drop a wheel we have more important things to discuss that I don't have time for.
JoJmoto
2/28/2016 6:06am
Wow, this will be a long thread. I like Stewy, I was there last night and was watching this go down. Stewart had an opportunity to let them by coming out of the last corner into the long straight. He looked over at MM and chose to drag race him to the finish line. No idea why he didn't let them by, no one was close enough to him for him to worry about losing another spot.
2/28/2016 6:09am
MR. X wrote:
James went through the hoops before the section that marvin screwed up on, he went into the corner and stayed low to give the the 2...
James went through the hoops before the section that marvin screwed up on, he went into the corner and stayed low to give the the 2 leaders the quick line around , he went the whole section right next to the tough blocks and marvin just came up short on line that he was easily taking earlier in the race.
I think you should sober up before posting. Clearly you are not in the best mental condition if you think he "went low" in that corner with all the room there was to actually get out of the way on the inside.
2/28/2016 6:11am
JoJmoto wrote:
Wow, this will be a long thread. I like Stewy, I was there last night and was watching this go down. Stewart had an opportunity to...
Wow, this will be a long thread. I like Stewy, I was there last night and was watching this go down. Stewart had an opportunity to let them by coming out of the last corner into the long straight. He looked over at MM and chose to drag race him to the finish line. No idea why he didn't let them by, no one was close enough to him for him to worry about losing another spot.
This right here^^^^. I saw him look over, then obviously started trying even harder to stay in front, not start looking for a place to let them by. What the rulebook says about the blue flag, and if James caused Musquin's rodeo ride is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure that in the rulebook in the blue flag section, in addition to "hold your line" it does not also say "start trying harder to stay in front of the leaders."
MR. X
2/28/2016 6:23am
I think you should sober up before posting. Clearly you are not in the best mental condition if you think he "went low" in that corner...
I think you should sober up before posting. Clearly you are not in the best mental condition if you think he "went low" in that corner with all the room there was to actually get out of the way on the inside.
I don't drink ,Stewart stayed to the bottom 1/3 of the berm , Marvin had a clean line through the berm and fucked up the section all by himself , if anybody should be pissed ,it would be Dungey because thats who Stewart was in front of . Rewatch it or don't post about it anymore because you clearly forgot what happened .
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
2/28/2016 6:29am
moto455va wrote:
He really should have checked up and rolled/doubled through that section.
This^
MR. X
2/28/2016 6:30am

I'll leave this here to refresh your memory ,if Marvin hits that section clean then he would have won the race no problem. He was no where near Stewart after he left the first jump until he came up short and got squirrelly .
kkawboy14
2/28/2016 6:31am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 6:31am
Stewart did nothing wrong!

Lappers make racing way better than if there were none!
FroDiddy
2/28/2016 6:31am
TDeath21 wrote:
Stewart had received multiple blue flags by the time Marvin made the mistake. The start straight was the perfect opportunity to pull out of the way...
Stewart had received multiple blue flags by the time Marvin made the mistake. The start straight was the perfect opportunity to pull out of the way. He didn't do it. Stewart is in the wrong here and that's all there is to it.
I agree he should have let them pass at that exact point, but he is not the reason Marvin cased the triple. Just a scape goat.

Again, Stewart knows better and should have gotten out the way well before that point.
fgb729
2/28/2016 6:32am
Every rider out there has made more than one on-track mistake in their careers and Stewart is no exception. What's sad is that when Stewart makes...
Every rider out there has made more than one on-track mistake in their careers and Stewart is no exception. What's sad is that when Stewart makes a mistake, the haters jump all over it and blow up the boards with pages of nonsense.
The only nonsense here is the people who are defending Stewart. If this was a no name rider people would be flipping their lids.
Crush
2/28/2016 6:33am
Don't think he really did anything wrong... he did hug the inside on each lane... but unlike other lappers, he kept going a bit harder I guess... Of course it was James too! He can't get out of the headlines, even when he shouldn't be!

Just glad there wasn't a crash, it would have been brutal!
fgb729
2/28/2016 6:34am
MR. X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/28/125984/s1200_20160228_092634_1.jpg[/img] I'll leave this here to refresh your memory ,if Marvin hits that section clean then he would have won the race no problem. He was...

I'll leave this here to refresh your memory ,if Marvin hits that section clean then he would have won the race no problem. He was no where near Stewart after he left the first jump until he came up short and got squirrelly .
He shouldn't have been there in the first place, he should have moved over on the start straight.
2/28/2016 6:35am
MR. X wrote:
I don't drink ,Stewart stayed to the bottom 1/3 of the berm , Marvin had a clean line through the berm and fucked up the section...
I don't drink ,Stewart stayed to the bottom 1/3 of the berm , Marvin had a clean line through the berm and fucked up the section all by himself , if anybody should be pissed ,it would be Dungey because thats who Stewart was in front of . Rewatch it or don't post about it anymore because you clearly forgot what happened .
Stewart drifted toward Marvin as he was trying to get around him causing Marvin to check up and not have enough speed for the triple, Stewart should have got the hell out of the racing line when the leaders were coming through and I don't know how you could think otherwise.
2/28/2016 6:36am Edited Date/Time 2/28/2016 6:40am
"Holding your line" is a grey statement. That's why nothing will come of this but a divide in opinion. Roll a triple on the racing line in front of the leaders and "hold your line." See where that gets you. Hold your line means stay off the racing line, don't do anything erratic and resume your pace after the leaders go by. It doesn't mean try and run the leaders pace for a few straights until you get to a rhythm and then try and hold your line to get out of the way.

According to some of you, if he held his line all the way up to the tough blocks and punted Marvin off the track it's OK because he held his line.
machine
2/28/2016 6:37am
I just checked the horses pulse....he's definitely dead.
kkawboy14
2/28/2016 6:38am
MR. X wrote:
I don't drink ,Stewart stayed to the bottom 1/3 of the berm , Marvin had a clean line through the berm and fucked up the section...
Stewart drifted toward Marvin as he was trying to get around him causing Marvin to check up and not have enough speed for the triple, Stewart...
Stewart drifted toward Marvin as he was trying to get around him causing Marvin to check up and not have enough speed for the triple, Stewart should have got the hell out of the racing line when the leaders were coming through and I don't know how you could think otherwise.
Nope, Marvin was distracted by him at apex of the turn and didn't get thru the turn clean and fast enough to make the triple. He didn't check up on the take off
MR. X
2/28/2016 6:39am
Stewart drifted toward Marvin as he was trying to get around him causing Marvin to check up and not have enough speed for the triple, Stewart...
Ill admit that stewart should have checked up earlier to let them by but there is no way in hell that he drifted toward marvin at all coming out of that corner .
MR. X
2/28/2016 6:40am
machine wrote:
I just checked the horses pulse....he's definitely dead.
O no , its gonna take a few more whacks.
2/28/2016 6:40am
Maybe this whole event was James way of saying "remember me" after A1.

Regardless he finished the race and is healthy enough to be racing next week.
2/28/2016 6:43am
MR. X wrote:
Ill admit that stewart should have checked up earlier to let them by but there is no way in hell that he drifted toward marvin at...
Ill admit that stewart should have checked up earlier to let them by but there is no way in hell that he drifted toward marvin at all coming out of that corner .
Because he didn't, I'm talking about coming into the corner. James was still in the main line when he shouldn't have been and Marvin had to slow up to get around him...

Post a reply to: Stewart did nothing wrong. Wrong place at the wrong time

The Latest