767th
2/27/2016 9:18pm
I'm sure it's already been said but, way to ruin someone's moment hero
toroP
2/27/2016 9:20pm
coop8878 wrote:
Stewart should've wrecked dungey...paybacks a bword
Come on man, they say "bitch" on the Diney channel.Wink
Good job though. Restraint is rare here.
peelout
2/27/2016 9:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2016 9:35pm
I'd lmao if it was Marvin messing up a win for Stewart. The amount of whine would be of epic proportions.

James fucked Marvin's day, end of story. Glad nobody got landed on that was close
Shocker
2/27/2016 9:34pm
WFO! wrote:
Emig's analysis was spot on.

James 100% at fault.

"Zero track awareness", the Stewart trait.
100% spot on... Although credit to JS7 typical MO he would have pulled off 5 laps prior. Way to tough it out until the end only to be in the way. IMHO retire or take more time to get back on the pace; in the mean time don't think you are up front while you are getting lapped.

The Shop

Shocker
2/27/2016 9:35pm
peelout wrote:
I'd lmao if it was Marvin messing up a win for Stewart. The amount of whine would be of epic proportions. James fucked Marvin's day, end...
I'd lmao if it was Marvin messing up a win for Stewart. The amount of whine would be of epic proportions.

James fucked Marvin's day, end of story. Glad nobody got landed on that was close
Agreed... Clear as day!
Hcallz5
2/27/2016 9:42pm
They should make a rule where if the two front guys are battling then the other 20 guys have to pull off and give them a clear track.
51xc
2/27/2016 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2016 9:44pm
the problem started a view turns before the incident. js clearly got the blue flag but continued to use the main race line (look when they went all together through the whoops). mm25 was forced at some point to pass because dungey was right on his rear wheel. that's went it went wrong for mm25. so initially js fault but also not mm25 best decision how he tried to pass js7 eventually.
mx836
2/27/2016 9:47pm
jevyguy wrote:
Stewart's fault or not...do you think he really gives 2 shits about the leaders coming through when one of them is Dungey?
TripleFive wrote:
No. James has consistently demonstrated that he doesn't give two shits about any of the other riders on the track. Ask Preston.
Just imagine what James was thinking.

I can't wait for these guys to come around. Hopefully there is a battle when they catch me so I can affect the outcome of the race. I'm going to set it up for the last lap so it ends in dramatic fashion. This will really get the internet trolls going. I'm going to hold my line through the whoops then take the far inside rut, leaving plenty of room outside. I will then double into the rhythm section causing Marvin, who will already be past me, to case the triple, therefore handing over the win to the man responsible for giving me a concussion and derailing my entire Supercross season at the first round.

Seems pretty logical to me (rolls eyes). James could have moved over or slowed up more, but that's not the rule. He held his line just fine and went plenty far inside to let Marvin around. Marvin casing that triple was 100% his fault. If he had to take a different line to get around the lapped rider and wasn't comfortable doing the triple from that line, then he shouldn't have done it. Dungey only doubled in and it looks to be the obviously smarter decision. Stewart could have gave way easier, but that mistake was Marvin's doing. He'll get a win soon enough by the looks of it.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/27/2016 9:50pm
My take....Stewart did exactly as he should by holding his line. MM screwed the pooch and has nobody to blame but himself.
peelout
2/27/2016 9:53pm
jevyguy wrote:
Stewart's fault or not...do you think he really gives 2 shits about the leaders coming through when one of them is Dungey?
TripleFive wrote:
No. James has consistently demonstrated that he doesn't give two shits about any of the other riders on the track. Ask Preston.
mx836 wrote:
Just imagine what James was thinking. [i]I can't wait for these guys to come around. Hopefully there is a battle when they catch me so I...
Just imagine what James was thinking.

I can't wait for these guys to come around. Hopefully there is a battle when they catch me so I can affect the outcome of the race. I'm going to set it up for the last lap so it ends in dramatic fashion. This will really get the internet trolls going. I'm going to hold my line through the whoops then take the far inside rut, leaving plenty of room outside. I will then double into the rhythm section causing Marvin, who will already be past me, to case the triple, therefore handing over the win to the man responsible for giving me a concussion and derailing my entire Supercross season at the first round.

Seems pretty logical to me (rolls eyes). James could have moved over or slowed up more, but that's not the rule. He held his line just fine and went plenty far inside to let Marvin around. Marvin casing that triple was 100% his fault. If he had to take a different line to get around the lapped rider and wasn't comfortable doing the triple from that line, then he shouldn't have done it. Dungey only doubled in and it looks to be the obviously smarter decision. Stewart could have gave way easier, but that mistake was Marvin's doing. He'll get a win soon enough by the looks of it.
TLDNR
mx836
2/27/2016 9:56pm
peelout wrote:
TLDNR
No need. Same pointless shit that's probably been said 50 times already. Laughing
2/27/2016 9:57pm
If James did the right thing, then Canard, Weimer, and Friese must've done the wrong thing.
Ted722
2/27/2016 9:59pm
Agreed 100%....he needs to leave the sport. Stewart fans don't want to hear about lack of ethcis from this guy, which is contradictory in my opinion.
2smokRRR wrote:
Um yeah sure...with practice times like he had after a few weeks off the bike and recovering from a heavy concussion..a few hundredths off the fastest...
Um yeah sure...with practice times like he had after a few weeks off the bike and recovering from a heavy concussion..a few hundredths off the fastest time....yep retirement.
Feint wrote:
Stewart's average lap time in the main was like 2.5 seconds off Dungey's pace. That may be acceptable for someone with few accomplishments, but for a...
Stewart's average lap time in the main was like 2.5 seconds off Dungey's pace. That may be acceptable for someone with few accomplishments, but for a guy with multiple titles and having made a lot of money they should hang it up before they shame their legacy.
2.5 seconds on a 46 second track! 2.5 seconds on a National track is A LOT...

Stew's rules: Lead, Follow, or Get In The Way.
mx836
2/27/2016 10:06pm
I wouldn't say he did the right thing TripleFive. Just that what he did wasn't entirely wrong and that the outcome of the race was not his fault. Marvin had a clean line around him and Dungey was still behind. Marvin made the mistake all on his own. That's where he had to make the pass and that's just the way it works with lappers. You pass them when you have to. Unfortunately you don't get to choose where.
mx836
2/27/2016 10:08pm
2smokRRR wrote:
Um yeah sure...with practice times like he had after a few weeks off the bike and recovering from a heavy concussion..a few hundredths off the fastest...
Um yeah sure...with practice times like he had after a few weeks off the bike and recovering from a heavy concussion..a few hundredths off the fastest time....yep retirement.
Feint wrote:
Stewart's average lap time in the main was like 2.5 seconds off Dungey's pace. That may be acceptable for someone with few accomplishments, but for a...
Stewart's average lap time in the main was like 2.5 seconds off Dungey's pace. That may be acceptable for someone with few accomplishments, but for a guy with multiple titles and having made a lot of money they should hang it up before they shame their legacy.
Ted722 wrote:
2.5 seconds on a 46 second track! 2.5 seconds on a National track is A LOT...

Stew's rules: Lead, Follow, or Get In The Way.
You guys are clueless. Good example of why the sport doesn't need to go main stream. I'd have to find a new life if moto went main stream and more of you fellas showed up. Wink
jemcee
2/27/2016 10:09pm
For those saying Marvin cased on his own
The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up into the dragons back and out into the sand which was faster (just) than Dungey's 3 3 up the dragons..
The white line was the line he had to take cause the yellow was too close to Stewart, he got a heap of wheel spin and cased.. Had Stewart not been where he was (in the way of the leaders) Marvin could've used the line he used for 19 laps and not cased

2/27/2016 10:10pm
I guess I just don't know what the blue flag means. Based on what I've read tonight, the blue flag means "just keep on racing like normal."

Mit12
2/27/2016 10:11pm
If this had happened to Stewart he would be whining like a squashed cat!
mx836
2/27/2016 10:16pm
jemcee wrote:
For those saying Marvin cased on his own The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up...
The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up into the dragons back and out into the sand which was faster (just) than Dungey's 3 3 up the dragons..
The white line was the line he had to take cause the yellow was too close to Stewart, he got a heap of wheel spin and cased.. Had Stewart not been where he was (in the way of the leaders) Marvin could've used the line he used for 19 laps and not cased

The blue flag means to HOLD YOUR LINE. It does not mean that you have to know the lines of all other 21 riders on the track and move to the line they aren't taking when you get lapped. You guys are absolutely ridiculous with this. There was a clear line around Stewart for Marvin to pass. If he couldn't triple from that line, then he shouldn't have. 100% Marvin's fault. Holy shit, moto is full of pussies.
Juss
2/27/2016 10:18pm
jevyguy wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
Wow your really living in the past! stepping back to 2004?
Juss
2/27/2016 10:25pm
jemcee wrote:
For those saying Marvin cased on his own The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up...

Why didn't he call (or text) Stew on lap 18 to let him know he needed that yellow line to hold off RD?
Juss
2/27/2016 10:28pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
They should make a rule where if the two front guys are battling then the other 20 guys have to pull off and give them a...
They should make a rule where if the two front guys are battling then the other 20 guys have to pull off and give them a clear track.
I agree! They should just let the two heat winners race for like 2 Laps in the main.
2/27/2016 10:28pm
Juss wrote:
Why didn't he call (or text) Stew on lap 18 to let him know he needed that yellow line to hold off RD?
Yeah, great point. Sounds like James had no idea the leaders were there.

jemcee
2/27/2016 10:34pm
mx836 wrote:
The blue flag means to HOLD YOUR LINE. It does not mean that you have to know the lines of all other 21 riders on the...
The blue flag means to HOLD YOUR LINE. It does not mean that you have to know the lines of all other 21 riders on the track and move to the line they aren't taking when you get lapped. You guys are absolutely ridiculous with this. There was a clear line around Stewart for Marvin to pass. If he couldn't triple from that line, then he shouldn't have. 100% Marvin's fault. Holy shit, moto is full of pussies.
Yes it says hold your line in the rulebook so you don't impede the leaders the whole idea of the blue flag is so the lappers the guys not involved in the most important part of the race don't impede the leaders.. So the most important thing a lapper has to do is not impede the leaders.. in other words if you see them coming and know they are behind you be aware and get out of the road.
Stewart shouldn't have been anywhere near those lines so the leaders could choose whatever line they wanted.. Because the lapper took his options away Marvin didn't know he couldn't triple from that line but had to go for it there was a race win on the line it's just unfortunate that a lapper impacted on the race
jemcee
2/27/2016 10:37pm
jemcee wrote:

Juss wrote:
Guess who should've taken the green line

40Plus_922mx
2/27/2016 10:39pm
At that level all the guys know that if they are about to get lapped while a heated battle for position is coming up behind them to get the all the way out of the way out of respect no matter what color flag is flying. Stew knew who was coming. He knows who is over on that lane coming up fast etc. After the finish , blue flag or not, he shoulda let 25 and 1 have the entire track to finish the remainener of their battle. He would have expected the same treatment when he was fast. THE END.
mx836
2/27/2016 10:41pm
jemcee wrote:
Yes it says hold your line in the rulebook so you don't impede the leaders the whole idea of the blue flag is so the lappers...
Yes it says hold your line in the rulebook so you don't impede the leaders the whole idea of the blue flag is so the lappers the guys not involved in the most important part of the race don't impede the leaders.. So the most important thing a lapper has to do is not impede the leaders.. in other words if you see them coming and know they are behind you be aware and get out of the road.
Stewart shouldn't have been anywhere near those lines so the leaders could choose whatever line they wanted.. Because the lapper took his options away Marvin didn't know he couldn't triple from that line but had to go for it there was a race win on the line it's just unfortunate that a lapper impacted on the race
I understand what you are saying and it's a bummer, but the blame can't be placed solely on Stewart IMO for reasons already stated that make a whole lot of sense. Flame on.
Trav138
2/27/2016 10:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/27/2016 10:52pm
jemcee wrote:
Guess who should've taken the green line [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/27/125978/s1200_Untitled_Copy.jpg[/img]
Guess who should've taken the green line

best post of the thread it shows all that needs to be said. He impeded the leaders
Mit12
2/27/2016 10:52pm
That picture shows exactly whar Stewart was thinking. Marvin is on the outside of Stewart and Stewart knows that Dungey has to go inside to pass. Stewart was wrong because Dungey knew what Stewart was doing and he to went to the outside.

Post a reply to: Stewart did nothing wrong. Wrong place at the wrong time

The Latest