Stewart did nothing wrong. Wrong place at the wrong time

Jimmy_Sloan
2/29/2016 5:56pm
He was pushed off his line, no doubt. But I still think it was a bad choice (understandable, though) to try and triple.
jemcee
2/29/2016 6:35pm
jemcee wrote:
For those saying Marvin cased on his own The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up...
For those saying Marvin cased on his own
The yellow line was the line he was using for 19 laps to go 3 2 then up into the dragons back and out into the sand which was faster (just) than Dungey's 3 3 up the dragons..
The white line was the line he had to take cause the yellow was too close to Stewart, he got a heap of wheel spin and cased.. Had Stewart not been where he was (in the way of the leaders) Marvin could've used the line he used for 19 laps and not cased

GuyB just backed up my point from page 7
So that means I win haha
From this moment on I believe he's impeding the leaders he had an ideal place along this straight to get out of the way and lose minimal time in his own race but he chose not to instead chose to stay in the main line and made the leaders think about what he's going to do and how to get around him and not their own race.. Exactly what a lapper shouldn't do

2/29/2016 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/29/2016 8:10pm
GuyB wrote:
You know my normal deal on threads as long as this...they probably should be in the Dumbgeon by now. But rather than start a new one...
You know my normal deal on threads as long as this...they probably should be in the Dumbgeon by now. But rather than start a new one, I'll drop these in here.

The top shot is from a previous lap, and you can see that Marvin is using a line inside of the one that he's using in the lower photo. That corner was getting worn badly throughout the day, and was getting rebuilt nearly every chance they had.

Marvin definitely got pushed off of his preferred line, and check his front tire in the lower photo. It looks like he was right on the edge of losing the front end out of the rut.

Stewart's new number

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/29/2016 9:01pm
Big Lenny wrote:
Hey Guyb I saw you on Tv man...
I'm sorry. I try and stay out of the way of the cameras. Smile
moto455va
2/29/2016 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/29/2016 9:08pm
This is a lot to read through, but perhaps Stew didnt know Musquin was leading (aka thought Musquin was behind him) and thought the flags were for Dungey? And he wanted to let Dungey around but not give up the spot to Musquin? Seems somewhat plausible

Either way, he should have done a better job of getting out of the way.
Moto75
2/29/2016 10:05pm
I usually don't participate in threads like this. I'm a big Stewart fan, but you have to be 100% biased to not recognized he completely screwed up Marvin's race. Posting 2 clips. The first, you can see the worn down (fastest) line through the whoops. James takes up a bit of room & it forces MM off the preferred line (the one Dungey is in). This is just a lapper scenario, unfortunate that he's affecting the race, but it's all Stewart can do. The 2nd clip is what screws MM. James could have come off the whoops, hit the brakes, held it tight to the inside & let the race take place. MM had managed to get through the whoops OK. Instead, James races as if it's for position & dives into the corner, forcing MM to stand up a little and take a little wider line. Dungey, not being up next to Stewart is able to dive to the inside & take advantage.

I'm sure Stewart didn't intend to do it, Dungey is probably the last guy he wants to help right now. Still, Stewart's actions no doubt affected the outcome of the race. MM is a cool guy, would have been nice to see him get it.

bobojim
3/1/2016 2:55am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 2:56am
Fantastic. I logged on for this thread Smile
Motofinne
3/1/2016 3:01am
The way JS rode the whoops and the turn before the triple wasn't good but i still come to the conclusion that it was incredible idiotic by him to not let of the throttle at the straightaway before the finish line! And there is no way i'm buying the explanation that JS isn't used to be lapped. He has lapped other riders probably more times than 99% of the riders at a SX event. He knows what a lapper should do.
3/1/2016 4:07am
Motofinne wrote:
The way JS rode the whoops and the turn before the triple wasn't good but i still come to the conclusion that it was incredible idiotic...
The way JS rode the whoops and the turn before the triple wasn't good but i still come to the conclusion that it was incredible idiotic by him to not let of the throttle at the straightaway before the finish line! And there is no way i'm buying the explanation that JS isn't used to be lapped. He has lapped other riders probably more times than 99% of the riders at a SX event. He knows what a lapper should do.
Zero track awareness
Big Lenny
3/1/2016 6:01am
Moto75 wrote:
I usually don't participate in threads like this. I'm a big Stewart fan, but you have to be 100% biased to not recognized he completely screwed...
I usually don't participate in threads like this. I'm a big Stewart fan, but you have to be 100% biased to not recognized he completely screwed up Marvin's race. Posting 2 clips. The first, you can see the worn down (fastest) line through the whoops. James takes up a bit of room & it forces MM off the preferred line (the one Dungey is in). This is just a lapper scenario, unfortunate that he's affecting the race, but it's all Stewart can do. The 2nd clip is what screws MM. James could have come off the whoops, hit the brakes, held it tight to the inside & let the race take place. MM had managed to get through the whoops OK. Instead, James races as if it's for position & dives into the corner, forcing MM to stand up a little and take a little wider line. Dungey, not being up next to Stewart is able to dive to the inside & take advantage.

I'm sure Stewart didn't intend to do it, Dungey is probably the last guy he wants to help right now. Still, Stewart's actions no doubt affected the outcome of the race. MM is a cool guy, would have been nice to see him get it.

"That's one magic loogie!"...Whistling
kkawboy14
3/1/2016 6:46am
GuyB wrote:
You know my normal deal on threads as long as this...they probably should be in the Dumbgeon by now. But rather than start a new one...
You know my normal deal on threads as long as this...they probably should be in the Dumbgeon by now. But rather than start a new one, I'll drop these in here.

The top shot is from a previous lap, and you can see that Marvin is using a line inside of the one that he's using in the lower photo. That corner was getting worn badly throughout the day, and was getting rebuilt nearly every chance they had.

Marvin definitely got pushed off of his preferred line, and check his front tire in the lower photo. It looks like he was right on the edge of losing the front end out of the rut.

His front end never got in the rut, he was definitely distracted at the apex of the turn and should have double tripled like James and Dungey did.
kkawboy14
3/1/2016 6:51am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 6:51am
Moto75 wrote:
I usually don't participate in threads like this. I'm a big Stewart fan, but you have to be 100% biased to not recognized he completely screwed...

Dungey was moved off of his lines also.
The gaps stayed the same, until mm messed up the rythm all on his own
LoudLove
3/1/2016 7:02am
The yellow #7 has a long, sordid history of poor decision-making. As MM closed in, his mind likely thought "what is this guy going to do?". Predictably, Stewart responded unpredictably, deciding that racing at the leaders' pace was an appropriate response to the myriad of blue flags.

"Hold your line" follows "Get out of the way". Stewart made himself a part of the race, and it was a deliberate decision. More disappointing than Marvin's loss is the way the James Stewart story is playing out, and the legion of fans going down with the ship.
3/1/2016 7:04am
If your gonna race expect the unexpected! Not sure why so many of you cannot understand that!!! Marvin should have set himself up better. He was coming from behind...like all racing, don't expect a flag to help, you must help yourself. Marvin was to anxious and worried about Dungey passing. At the end of the day Stewart did nothing wrong, these are all racing incidents.

Big Lenny
3/1/2016 7:49am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 7:51am
LoudLove wrote:
The yellow #7 has a long, sordid history of poor decision-making. As MM closed in, his mind likely thought "what is this guy going to do?"...
The yellow #7 has a long, sordid history of poor decision-making. As MM closed in, his mind likely thought "what is this guy going to do?". Predictably, Stewart responded unpredictably, deciding that racing at the leaders' pace was an appropriate response to the myriad of blue flags.

"Hold your line" follows "Get out of the way". Stewart made himself a part of the race, and it was a deliberate decision. More disappointing than Marvin's loss is the way the James Stewart story is playing out, and the legion of fans going down with the ship.
So does hold your line mean slow down too?...last lap Marvin should've been looking 2 corners ahead...
moto455va
3/1/2016 8:19am
Big Lenny wrote:
So does hold your line mean slow down too?...last lap Marvin should've been looking 2 corners ahead...
how do you do that when the next corner is 500 feet away from you in the other direction?
MR. X
3/1/2016 8:19am
Let's take marvins mindset into consideration also " holy shit ! I'm leading the last lap and I'm about to lap James Stewart AND I have Ryan Dungey on my ass " No stress situation there by any means.Unsure
Big Lenny
3/1/2016 8:30am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 8:35am
moto455va wrote:
how do you do that when the next corner is 500 feet away from you in the other direction?
500ft is not that far traveling at speed..and who says it's 500ft.?...
iro
3/1/2016 8:34am
I really can't understand why this is still going on. Did James break any rules? I'd say no but I don't think he did the right thing either.

Did Marvin have a brain fart and screw up his own race? Absolutely. Would he have cased that triple if James wasn't there? No one knows. Let it go.
mauidex
3/1/2016 8:40am Edited Date/Time 3/1/2016 8:41am
I think it was lingering concussion effects and he actually thought he was fighting for the win!! UnsureUnsure
mxb2
3/1/2016 9:13am
MR. X wrote:
Let's take marvins mindset into consideration also " holy shit ! I'm leading the last lap and I'm about to lap James Stewart AND I have...
Let's take marvins mindset into consideration also " holy shit ! I'm leading the last lap and I'm about to lap James Stewart AND I have Ryan Dungey on my ass " No stress situation there by any means.Unsure
Thats why they are factory riders and make big $$, hopefully better riders and decisions.
hoppsan
3/1/2016 10:33am
So in summary:

Marvin jumping the triple in that situation was stupid, what an incredibly foolish mistake, what a jackass. Who does that? Smelly french rookies do!

James not giving two fucks about the blue flags and having the leaders (who were in the tightest race of the season thus far I'd say) on his ass, did nothing wrong. Even if he did (although probably not) play a little bit of a part in the outcome of this race, it is okay because it's racing and anything can happen. And no one here would ever, ever, complain about lappers being in the way. I mean really, when did that happen? General consensus here has always been that lappers add to the fun-factor of racing in general.

VitardMX forum krew has spoken.
downard254
3/2/2016 4:58pm
I hear they're cooking up a bunch of crow for dinner if anyone is interested.Laughing
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/2/2016 9:50pm
downard254 wrote:
I hear they're cooking up a bunch of crow for dinner if anyone is interested.Laughing
Lol
This place never disappoints !!
downard254
3/3/2016 4:17am
downard254 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Lol
This place never disappoints !!
Langham, I just couldn't resist. I was like a kid looking at a piece of candy on a counter top. I just had to grab it. Writing it made me laugh and that's what it's all about, right? Laughing at stupid stuff.LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Post a reply to: Stewart did nothing wrong. Wrong place at the wrong time

The Latest