Stewart causing problems at Muddy Creek

kage173
6/24/2017 8:44pm
First of all, what the hell was up with Ronnie Stewart's Moto 1 start. That was awesome! All the way from the outside I see this yellow speck just charging into the turn. It was like some Alessi shit.

2nd - What was up at the end of the race? A few guys had words with him. Peick laid into him, which isn't a huge deal, but even Wilson was getting after his ass and DW seems pretty chill. Obviously it was a lapper situation, but I don't think the coverage actually showed most of it. From what I saw, he was staying out of the main line, but there were 3 of them battling for position and it's a tight track.
|
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
6/24/2017 8:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/24/2017 8:48pm
Wonder how many will click on this thinking its about another Stewart?
machine
6/24/2017 8:51pm
kzizok wrote:
1 so far..

I replayed the point right up to the,finish and it didnt seem like he did anything too bad, was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
6/24/2017 9:39pm
kzizok wrote:
The other Stewarts have no interest in motocross, would not be at muddy creek.
Lucifa.
6/25/2017 1:33am
kzizok wrote:
Snap

The Shop

Motofinne
6/25/2017 1:39am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 1:52am
It was painful to watch. He took the mainline when he was all alone and knew that he had multiple riders that were coming to lap him.

I'm amazed by these lappers. Everyone that have raced knows that you as a rider know everything in you surroundings during a race, he knew those riders were coming.

This is not only Stewart, we see these things every round from lots of riders.
6/25/2017 2:08am
Motofinne wrote:
It was painful to watch. He took the mainline when he was all alone and knew that he had multiple riders that were coming to lap...
It was painful to watch. He took the mainline when he was all alone and knew that he had multiple riders that were coming to lap him.

I'm amazed by these lappers. Everyone that have raced knows that you as a rider know everything in you surroundings during a race, he knew those riders were coming.

This is not only Stewart, we see these things every round from lots of riders.
Yup. Lappers were absolutely horrible. In both classes. Unsure
factory99
6/25/2017 4:16am
It didn't help that the flaggers were picked from the toon squad and weren't waving the blue flag. Hell in the 2nd 450 moto one of the flaggers seemed to shrug his shoulders as lappers were getting passed without doing shit. This is what happens when you pay your crew in hot dogs and soda pop.
6/25/2017 5:13am
He had a great start at High Point also, I think...but yeah, even being in a points paying position he needs to get out of the race line. Seemed like he DGAF after the race.
JustMX
6/25/2017 5:25am
factory99 wrote:
It didn't help that the flaggers were picked from the toon squad and weren't waving the blue flag. Hell in the 2nd 450 moto one of...
It didn't help that the flaggers were picked from the toon squad and weren't waving the blue flag. Hell in the 2nd 450 moto one of the flaggers seemed to shrug his shoulders as lappers were getting passed without doing shit. This is what happens when you pay your crew in hot dogs and soda pop.
Great, another NBC gold expert watching everything repeatedly in slow motion and noticing a flagger apparantly shrugging his shoulders during a race where he is trying to sort out lapped riders. Everything is so simple in slow mo hd.

Why don't you do something constructive like zoom in and count sprocket teeth and post suggested gearing changes to all your favorite riders? Visually check sprocket bolt torque while you are at it. I am sure they will appreciate your opinion and expertise.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
6/25/2017 5:28am
factory99 wrote:
It didn't help that the flaggers were picked from the toon squad and weren't waving the blue flag. Hell in the 2nd 450 moto one of...
Not all flaggers have blue flags, just the MX Sports crew guys.
Crush
6/25/2017 7:11am
factory99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Wasn't one of them in the Colorado incident?
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
6/25/2017 7:39am
factory99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
The AMA guys have the blue flags...that's it
6/25/2017 7:45am
The entire concept of moving out of the way for someone who is behind you is a joke. Trust me, I get lapped a lot and know what I am talking about.

Seriously though, expecting a lapper to move out of the main line is just an excuse for the front runners to save energy and get an easy pass. Everyone of them hopes lappers disappear for them and then hold up the next guy.

Next thing you know people will be calling for "no ruts" motocross.
Motofinne
6/25/2017 7:54am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2017 7:56am
151 wrote:
The entire concept of moving out of the way for someone who is behind you is a joke. Trust me, I get lapped a lot and...
The entire concept of moving out of the way for someone who is behind you is a joke. Trust me, I get lapped a lot and know what I am talking about.

Seriously though, expecting a lapper to move out of the main line is just an excuse for the front runners to save energy and get an easy pass. Everyone of them hopes lappers disappear for them and then hold up the next guy.

I get also lapped and i can see how close the faster riders are and just take an alternative line.

Stewart was on the last lap and wasn't even close to anyone that he was racing at the time and still thought that taking the main line was a good idea.

We see this almost every week and that is the real joke.

You don't have to stop and wait for them to pass you but slow down a bit and take the slower line, its not that difficult. Just don't be in the fast line, please.
RonSkj
Fantasy
141st
6/25/2017 7:54am
They should put blinkers on the bikes and mandate that all lappers signal which direction they will be moving over. Wink
mxb2
6/25/2017 8:05am
Peick just needed to keep up his tough guy image.
Lol what image. He is 5 11, 200lbs
6/25/2017 2:09pm
mxb2 wrote:
Seen Wilson lately? Much bigger than WP.
ts.p311
6/25/2017 2:15pm
Peick just needed to keep up his tough guy image.
mxb2 wrote:
He was referring to his attitude, not his size.
mxb2
6/25/2017 2:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
Seen Wilson lately? Much bigger than WP.
Yep, High point.
lumpy790
6/25/2017 3:30pm
Have any of you ever been to Muddy Creek and seen that 1 lined off camber turn?
bobojim
6/26/2017 1:37am
151 wrote:
The entire concept of moving out of the way for someone who is behind you is a joke. Trust me, I get lapped a lot and...

Too late - happened laat week.
TJMX947
6/26/2017 8:20am
I totally understand the rules but I sympathize with Ronnie Stewart. He said he was racing for that 1 point, which is very valuable to him as it would be for me.

I'm not 100% on the wording of the rules but he said the lapped rider is not to impede the riders or the race that are coming upon him, they don't actually have to get out of the main line (again I'm not 100% on the wording). I feel like he said he thought someone he was racing was coming up on him.

Peick better be nice to Ronnie Stewart, the sport is small and rides aren't a plenty.
TDeath21
6/26/2017 9:28am
TJMX947 wrote:
I totally understand the rules but I sympathize with Ronnie Stewart. He said he was racing for that 1 point, which is very valuable to him...
I totally understand the rules but I sympathize with Ronnie Stewart. He said he was racing for that 1 point, which is very valuable to him as it would be for me.

I'm not 100% on the wording of the rules but he said the lapped rider is not to impede the riders or the race that are coming upon him, they don't actually have to get out of the main line (again I'm not 100% on the wording). I feel like he said he thought someone he was racing was coming up on him.

Peick better be nice to Ronnie Stewart, the sport is small and rides aren't a plenty.
They actually are. If I remember correctly, the exact wording is "when conditions allow, move out of the main line".
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
6/26/2017 11:21am
factory99 wrote:
JustMX wrote:
Great, another NBC gold expert watching everything repeatedly in slow motion and noticing a flagger apparantly shrugging his shoulders during a race where he is trying...
Great, another NBC gold expert watching everything repeatedly in slow motion and noticing a flagger apparantly shrugging his shoulders during a race where he is trying to sort out lapped riders. Everything is so simple in slow mo hd.

Why don't you do something constructive like zoom in and count sprocket teeth and post suggested gearing changes to all your favorite riders? Visually check sprocket bolt torque while you are at it. I am sure they will appreciate your opinion and expertise.
We need a thumbs up addition added to this forum
kage173
6/26/2017 1:17pm
Yeah I don't know. He looked back and seemed aware. It also seemed like he pulled over but didn't stop, then they made it to the tight stuff and there really wasn't anywhere for him to go.

Did somebody interview him after the race?

Post a reply to: Stewart causing problems at Muddy Creek

The Latest