Stewart Family Compound | Snap-on Great Garages

chase4372
7/20/2017 11:32am
I live in southern ca. That box is more than my house!!
To give you some idea of where your house stands in comparison to big James rediculous tool box, an average ASE certified mechanic with his or her snap on box outfitted with what they need to do their job can cost well over 200k. That's basically one of James' center boxes with primarily snap on tools top to bottom.. James has basically two of those, plus the cabinets on both sides and cabinets above. Not to mention the five or six other large sap on boxes they showed throughout the property. You could have bought your own snap on truck, doing so you become your own snap on franchise essentially, and if big James would have bought everything through the same OG snap on sales guy, I'm sure he did typically the longer and more you buy the dealer will give you free shit, discounts etc, but even then that dealer could have paid off his initial business investment and probably went on vacation for the following two years with the money he would have made, just selling snap on tools to big james, james, mookie, and whoever else they bought toolboxes for. He's got over a million dollars in tools there, well tools and boxes for sure. I could be lowballing my guessing, but typically a big tall box filled with snap on goodies is over 100k, up to 250k or more depending on your profession. It's actually a very good investment, people who rely on their tools to survive can easily justify investing the money on most snap on shit, but things like screw driver's that you know you are going to be tapping with a hammer, you can buy this from Menards. But you still need your high buck snap on basic screw driver's because if you come across a seized Phillips head, that's your only hope. Big James shows off his big tool box, I bet he knows where the 1/4" drive sockets are, the spin wrenches, and the simple green/Windex... No I'm joking I know that big James is a talented mechanic and he's been fortunate enough to follow his dream of building and working on his cars, I think that speaks volumes about the Stewart family.
philG
7/20/2017 11:46am
My initial reaction to that was... ' you have all the stuff thats worth a fortune, but you wont back yourself with a buck to show us you are good enough' .

He could sell a tool box and run the nationals..

SMH
tingo
7/20/2017 12:11pm
philG wrote:
My initial reaction to that was... ' you have all the stuff thats worth a fortune, but you wont back yourself with a buck to show...
My initial reaction to that was... ' you have all the stuff thats worth a fortune, but you wont back yourself with a buck to show us you are good enough' .

SMH
I'd be thrilled if my kid sold MY stuff to raise money to pay to race professionally. Makes tons of sense.

SMH
chase4372
7/20/2017 12:18pm
Ryno23 wrote:
I can relate to Big James on one thing. My favorite tool is also my Snap-on 3/8 cordless impact. That thing was the best $300 I...
I can relate to Big James on one thing. My favorite tool is also my Snap-on 3/8 cordless impact. That thing was the best $300 I have spent on a tool truck in a looooooong time.
Agreed, also the 1/4" drive that is straight, I've used and cum on both extensively. Shit meant to say count
You understand the love regardless

The Shop

IceMan446
7/20/2017 1:40pm
Doesn't part of their 100 acres grow a shit ton of oranges??? I thought I read some where they have a business doing that as well.

Lucifa.
7/20/2017 2:41pm
TXDirt wrote:
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money...
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money....

I'm telling you right now I would never do a video like that without my kid who paid for it all.

Maybe I'm just a Debbie downer. Just sayin...
Didn't James Jr employ his dad as Coach/manager/mentor?

I'm sure I read years ago that Big James was on the payroll. If that was the case, James Jr didn't pay for everything.
kkawboy14
7/20/2017 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 3:33pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Doesn't part of their 100 acres grow a shit ton of oranges??? I thought I read some where they have a business doing that as well.

They aren't growing that many oranges and my guess is snap on gave them that setup!
Doogan551
7/20/2017 3:54pm
Cool video from Snap On. James Sr. has the Winnebago model tool box. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcHEHGygOY]Youtube[/url]
Cool video from Snap On.
James Sr. has the Winnebago model tool box.
Youtube
Sweet Cars/Trucks Big James!!! whew. very nice!
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
7/20/2017 6:38pm
Ryno23 wrote:
I can relate to Big James on one thing. My favorite tool is also my Snap-on 3/8 cordless impact. That thing was the best $300 I...
I can relate to Big James on one thing. My favorite tool is also my Snap-on 3/8 cordless impact. That thing was the best $300 I have spent on a tool truck in a looooooong time.
chase4372 wrote:
Agreed, also the 1/4" drive that is straight, I've used and cum on both extensively. Shit meant to say count
You understand the love regardless
Remind me not to borrow any of your tools......
yak651
Fantasy
168th
7/20/2017 6:38pm
The snap on guy that services them hit the lottery (if they are paying for that stuff instead of being given it...)
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
7/20/2017 6:40pm
philG wrote:
My initial reaction to that was... ' you have all the stuff thats worth a fortune, but you wont back yourself with a buck to show...

SMH
Just because they have money doesn't mean the factories are going to sell them factory parts.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
7/20/2017 6:41pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
When I see the products of the Stewarts' success in motocross, I get a warm feeling. This sport made it all possible. JS7's mom used to...
When I see the products of the Stewarts' success in motocross, I get a warm feeling. This sport made it all possible. JS7's mom used to work at a fast food restaurant from what I remember. It is a classic American success story! Work hard, take chances and never give up and look what can happen.
Wow great comment. I agree!
CR250Rider
7/20/2017 10:20pm
burn1986 wrote:
I guess they're gonna ride the James train until there's no money left Sad
RandyS wrote:
Who needs that many cordless impacts?
I went wtf man. A guy only needs like 3 of the same thing!
More power to him
gt80rider
7/21/2017 1:29am
How do we know some, most, or even all those tools weren't given to the Stewart's for marketing purposes??? Celebs get all sorts of free goodies...
diz330
7/21/2017 6:41am
Reminds me of every mechanic I've ever met telling me how much their tools are worth within 15 minutes of meeting them. I should go around and tell people how much I spent on education to everyone I meet I guess. Same difference
newmann
7/21/2017 7:36am
diz330 wrote:
Reminds me of every mechanic I've ever met telling me how much their tools are worth within 15 minutes of meeting them. I should go around...
Reminds me of every mechanic I've ever met telling me how much their tools are worth within 15 minutes of meeting them. I should go around and tell people how much I spent on education to everyone I meet I guess. Same difference
And you remind me of the $400.00 an hour attorney who told me there's no way that 4 day collision repair should cost $1800.00. You headed to crossfit?
mxb2
7/21/2017 7:44am
I like free tools also.
kkawboy14
7/21/2017 8:59am
diz330 wrote:
Reminds me of every mechanic I've ever met telling me how much their tools are worth within 15 minutes of meeting them. I should go around...
Don't they will think your as dumb as we think those mechanics are dumb.
Mechanics at dealerships are just parts changers now
peelout
7/21/2017 9:07am
a guy i know has a huge Snap-On toolbox filled with all the best Snap-On shit. he financed it directly through the rep.... 25% interest.

no idea how that is legal.
newmann
7/21/2017 10:07am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 10:10am
peelout wrote:
a guy i know has a huge Snap-On toolbox filled with all the best Snap-On shit. he financed it directly through the rep.... 25% interest. no...
a guy i know has a huge Snap-On toolbox filled with all the best Snap-On shit. he financed it directly through the rep.... 25% interest.

no idea how that is legal.
Actually, 18.9% through Snap On for the local mechanic who just got his scanner repo'd because he was in jail.Laughing

I qualified for $49,500.00 worth of Snap On's 9.9% a couple months ago when I bought a new Verus Edge scan tool. They were ready to hook me up with a Big James box I think. Six months 0% and a $2000.00 rebate deal on the scanner that I wanted so I signed up. Paid it off after a month as I had no intentions of ever getting anywhere near the edge of any of that rate...lol.

We choke at the thought of those rates, but motorcycle dealers were hitting people for way more than that a while back. I saw some at 27.9% including a helmet finance in with it for 72 months.Laughing People be stupid.
newmann
7/21/2017 10:09am
Three pages and yet no rape van jokes? Has to be a new record! My Snap On guy is pretty cool. Matco guy as well. Haven't seen a Mac truck locally in years.
tickleme20
7/22/2017 10:58am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 10:59am
Two thoughts...
1. No mention of JS7, to the point where it was almost uncomfortable. But I think this was intentional, as the intrigue that's built around his disappearing act would almost certainly overshadow the "point" of this video, which is to promote Snap-On. Even mentioning him would inevitably steer the conversation in a different direction, like where the HELL is he, anyway?

2. I've observed that people seem to get a lot more...offended? Upset? Something...when wealthy people splurge on extravagant/excessive versions of the same stuff we everyday guys are into. Like, when they load up on jets, golf courses, yachts, etc. we can't really relate, so... "whatever." It's more abstract. But when they're getting deluxe garages, toolkits, etc. everyone seems immensely more bugged by it. Because we have a pretty clear idea of what those things are/worth.

I've noticed the same thing with guitarist Joe Bonamassa, who collects INSANE rare/expensive vintage guitars/gear. Like in this thread, lots of people seem "offended" that the guy is loading up on the guitars/amps equivalent of an RV-sized toolkit. Without considering there are a LOT more idiotic, useless ways to burn up wads of cash.

(And yes, I realize that a lot of the offense is because JS7 isn't mentioned, but like I said, I think that was definitely intentional, NOT out of any ingratitude).
MX-LIFE.
7/22/2017 3:02pm
Look at the bigger picture. Malcolm said the internet will go crazy when people hear what James Jr. is doing in 2018. Snap On would make...
Look at the bigger picture.
Malcolm said the internet will go crazy when people hear what James Jr. is doing in 2018.
Snap On would make a great title sponsor.
They didn't buy all those boxes and tools, some maybe, but that was a promotional video, Snap On brought that stuff to the compound and set it up for the video?
Many are trying to get in to the moto tool business, might be time for Snap On to shut them all down and do a team?
Hurry up 2018!
I started a thread about this snap on deal and I was told I was crazy hell I think the thread was even taken down but it's cool, the internet Stewart bashers experts were taking themselves to serious and talking crap about my post but I do believe there is something about this Snap on video / possible deal in the works for 2018/19 with James and Malcolm! What else is interesting is the people tripping on how James spends his $ and all the nice things he and his family has! Smdh lol it's unbelievable but let's just sit tight and wait for around October!

Post a reply to: Stewart Family Compound | Snap-on Great Garages

The Latest