Stewart Family Compound | Snap-on Great Garages

speed_racer
Fantasy
2007th
Cool video from Snap On.
James Sr. has the Winnebago model tool box.
Youtube
|
7/19/2017 7:29pm
Just seen this on Facebook. Pretty sure that huuuuge box loaded with tools cost as much as my house
ebers
Fantasy
174th
7/19/2017 8:25pm
That's a nice collection of some classic cars too!

On a side note, did anyone see Malcolm scrub off the side of the face of the jump at about the 5:45 mark? Yikes...

The Shop

TXDirt
7/19/2017 8:41pm
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money....

I'm telling you right now I would never do a video like that without my kid who paid for it all.

Maybe I'm just a Debbie downer. Just sayin...
djc
7/19/2017 8:45pm
I noticed the same thing about the jump. Really. Cool video and holy shit James has made some money
moto45
7/19/2017 8:54pm
TXDirt wrote:
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money...
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money....

I'm telling you right now I would never do a video like that without my kid who paid for it all.

James isn't exactly throwing himself at media outlets.
TXDirt
7/19/2017 8:57pm
TXDirt wrote:
That was a cool video. But as cool as it was, it's also bizarre. EVERYTHING there is paid for by James. Hope they saved some money...

moto45 wrote:
James isn't exactly throwing himself at media outlets.
I get it, and hey he's not there, but damn if you knew nothing about James, you would be left wondering what big James does/did for a living.

I guess it just depends on how you look at it but I would not be able to do a video like that without mentioning my son every two seconds who paid for it all.
fox1nz
7/19/2017 9:01pm
TXDirt wrote:

Maybe, James has blown out like a Telly Tubby and didn't want to be seen on film or anywhere.
Where is James?
milliebays
7/19/2017 9:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 9:07pm
this is kind of sick. "hard work pays off". wow.

wonder if he has a gold #47 necklace or just the 7
7/19/2017 9:13pm
Someone mentioned it in an older thread that a rider that rides at the stew compound saw a bank statement or something that showed James salary and it was 20 mill or so in 1 year...if that's true then yeah he's made a tonnnnnn
RandyS
7/19/2017 9:21pm
They were probably able to save everything that James Jr. made, I think James Bubba Stewarts career paid for all that.

"In this episode of Great Garages™, we head to the Stewart family compound just outside of Orlando, Florida where Motocross legend James "Bubba" Stewart and his sons Malcolm and James Jr. use a wide variety of Snap-on boxes and tools to maintain the bikes and antique cars that populate the shops throughout their 100 acre property."
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/19/2017 9:33pm
Cool video from Snap On. James Sr. has the Winnebago model tool box. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcHEHGygOY]Youtube[/url]
Cool video from Snap On.
Youtube
More like a Prevost than a Winnebago. Tongue

I've seen some really nice tool boxes, but that just topped anything I've ever seen. Pretty badass.... I thought I had a descent sized box, but it looks funny being so small, now that I've seen Big James set up.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/19/2017 9:34pm
I guess they're gonna ride the James train until there's no money left Sad
RandyS
7/19/2017 10:51pm
burn1986 wrote:
I guess they're gonna ride the James train until there's no money left Sad
Who needs that many cordless impacts?
kkawboy14
7/20/2017 12:24am
TXDirt wrote:

fox1nz wrote:
Maybe, James has blown out like a Telly Tubby and didn't want to be seen on film or anywhere.
Where is James?
He's trying to decide if he's the next Ricky Fowler right now.
When he figures that out he will tell us!
HenryA
7/20/2017 2:53am
1:03, James old bikes sitting up there with dirt still on them after 15+years Cool
7/20/2017 3:32am
God forbid they have any income that isn't related to motorcycles and in the press.

For all we know James is killing it investing in real estate or big pharma.

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/20/2017 5:13am
I want that box. Anyone know the cost on that box empty?
DemoDick
7/20/2017 5:17am
I think James would agree his father is a big part of why he has made bazillions of dollars and has no problem with his dad living large. I know I wouldn't.
7/20/2017 5:42am
I have a matco box i thought was a decent size. It looks like a cheap craftsman after watching that video
MDM
7/20/2017 5:42am
As soon as I watched the video I knew some people would jump on the, "Big James is spending his kids money like water" train.

Big James played a major role in his kids success. I know if I was James, I would WANT to give my dad the world.

Personally, my dad is completely responsible for my success, and it KILLS me...every freaking day, that the monetary success came after he passed away. It's the way he raised his kids, and it's the values he instilled in us, that played a huge role in my success and my brothers.

If he was still here today, I would give him the world. My mom played an equally large role, and I put her before anyone these days.

I think people just love to take jabs anytime they can...especially when it involves the Stewart family.

Put yourself in James' shoes. If you had the financial ability to spoil the living sh#t out of your dad, would you? Yes.

Also, if James was smart with his money, especially the contract/gear money he made in the glory days, he is just fine. And will be.

Let them live.

...and go call your parents and tell them how much you love them instead of worrying about what the Stewart family is doing. One day you won't have that luxury.
JRT812
7/20/2017 5:43am
Cool video from Snap On. James Sr. has the Winnebago model tool box. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcHEHGygOY]Youtube[/url]
Cool video from Snap On.
Youtube
langhammx wrote:
More like a Prevost than a Winnebago. :P I've seen some really nice tool boxes, but that just topped anything I've ever seen. Pretty badass.... I...
More like a Prevost than a Winnebago. Tongue

I've seen some really nice tool boxes, but that just topped anything I've ever seen. Pretty badass.... I thought I had a descent sized box, but it looks funny being so small, now that I've seen Big James set up.
Ha, my wife and I were having a similar conversation. The exact same phrasing "I thought it was decent sized" and "but it looks funny being so small" were used.... weird
ocscottie
7/20/2017 5:45am
imoto34 wrote:
I want that box. Anyone know the cost on that box empty?
This box alone is $30,000, so just imagine how much James Sr's is worth.

Here is his to compare:

SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
7/20/2017 6:01am
each side cabinet is 3500 each and he has 4. I have half of what he has in that pic without the 4cabinets on top and and retail of mine would be about $20,000 without tools.
newmann
7/20/2017 6:14am
Meh, you could probably buy and fill all those boxes for about a half mill...maybe Seven Fiddy.Smile

He has good taste in tools, I can admire that. One day when all the hanger ons and man friends are long gone all those tools will still be there ready and willing to work.
JRT812
7/20/2017 6:29am
newmann wrote:
Meh, you could probably buy and fill all those boxes for about a half mill...maybe Seven Fiddy.:) He has good taste in tools, I can admire...
Meh, you could probably buy and fill all those boxes for about a half mill...maybe Seven Fiddy.Smile

He has good taste in tools, I can admire that. One day when all the hanger ons and man friends are long gone all those tools will still be there ready and willing to work.
I wonder if he really uses those tools and restored those cars or if they are for the people that maintain the property. Either way nice set up
Thumper243
7/20/2017 6:35am
newmann wrote:
Meh, you could probably buy and fill all those boxes for about a half mill...maybe Seven Fiddy.:) He has good taste in tools, I can admire...

A few years ago my buddy had to have his Snap on guy and insurance guy meet at his place so they could value his stuff for insurance. It was an all day deal doing inventory on it all which was basically 20+ years of tools.

He has the biggest and best of all of it at the time. Gauges, testers, and of course, alot of stuff you have duplicates of (ie 2 or 3 sets of both Metric and SAE wrenches, sockets, ratchets) etc etc. Multiple electric impacts like James Sr has like that.

They settled on 1MM total just of Snap on.

Post a reply to: Stewart Family Compound | Snap-on Great Garages

The Latest