Stew out.

BobPA
1/10/2016 1:19pm
keith101 wrote:
Stew didn't "decide" anything. He was doing the same line the lap prior while Dungey was behind him and could easily see this. But again, it...
Stew didn't "decide" anything. He was doing the same line the lap prior while Dungey was behind him and could easily see this. But again, it was a line he was already using, nothing new and not "decided" as you elude to.

Bottom line: Dungey wanted to ride aggressive and it's not his thing. That showed in this knuckleheaded move, but that jump and that turn almost cost many riders...Watch ET on lap 4.

It's nothing to do with trying to take Stew out, it was just a dumb move and cost Stewart bigtime.

Funny thing, if Stew had done that to Dungey, it would be racist and all the rest of the nonsense that would be surmised.

All I'm saying is that Dungey really phucked up on the move at the expense of JS.
Black on white crime is not racist

White on black is

Get it right
keith101
1/10/2016 1:21pm
keith101 wrote:
Stew didn't "decide" anything. He was doing the same line the lap prior while Dungey was behind him and could easily see this. But again, it...
Stew didn't "decide" anything. He was doing the same line the lap prior while Dungey was behind him and could easily see this. But again, it was a line he was already using, nothing new and not "decided" as you elude to.

Bottom line: Dungey wanted to ride aggressive and it's not his thing. That showed in this knuckleheaded move, but that jump and that turn almost cost many riders...Watch ET on lap 4.

It's nothing to do with trying to take Stew out, it was just a dumb move and cost Stewart bigtime.

Funny thing, if Stew had done that to Dungey, it would be racist and all the rest of the nonsense that would be surmised.

All I'm saying is that Dungey really phucked up on the move at the expense of JS.
BobPA wrote:

White on black is

Get it right
Hopefully you got my point... Smile
downard254
1/10/2016 1:24pm
This thread is making my head hurt.
mxb2
1/10/2016 1:25pm
keith101 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

White on black is

Get it right
Yea, the ole double standards. Haha.

The Shop

Frodad78
1/10/2016 5:51pm
Hey guys watch it again in Slo mo. In the angle from behind the riders you can see dungey case the last jump before the corner. The suspension unloads and he gets on the brakes way late because of it. He made a mistake and couldn't recover.
Kampy
1/10/2016 6:02pm
DPR250R wrote:
Keep it classy Anahiem. Love the boos for the red flag bros.

Sick to my stomach for Stewart. Hope he is ok.
We were booing Dungey for (what looked like) an intentional take-out. We weren't booing the officials for stopping the race.
Zracer
1/10/2016 6:08pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Guys, Stew has track position. In racing you have track position and the person behind you cannot forcibly take your line at the apex. Stew had...
Guys, Stew has track position. In racing you have track position and the person behind you cannot forcibly take your line at the apex. Stew had a early apex entry and Dungey had a late apex entry which happened to intersect with Stews, Dungey was the one that FORCED the contact and aggressive pass rather than wait for and setup a CLEAN pass. Its racing but its not really good for the sport, just look at the end result.
You theory was proven wrong multiple times last night. It turns out , you CAN take somebodys line at the apex. Its racing. It is the sport. The end result worked out ok for Dungey.
1/10/2016 6:20pm
Prntscrn wrote:
Was going to write shocker but then I saw he didn't do go down hard by himself this time. Well.. guess that's a shocker too Laughing

Laughing
h&m_cycle
1/10/2016 6:21pm
a bunch of 180's... probably happen to somebody next week too...
1/10/2016 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 6:33pm
There's a gopro vid of a head-on collision in an incident like this at an SX...guy turned down super early to cut under 1 or 2 others and got smashed. Lost the bookmark tho...probably circa 2012?
1/10/2016 6:53pm
8 pages of utter kookery. What have I done. Well now I know what types of threads not to create.
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
1/10/2016 7:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 7:06pm
Thanks for the link.
It's good to hear Mikes point of view.
Glad he commented on the incident.

“James came in ready to race,” said Yoshimura Suzuki team manager Mike Webb. “Everything was going to plan, maybe even better than we expected. He was strong in timed qualifying, went out and qualified directly into the main from his heat race, had a great start in the final and then out of nowhere he ends up on the ground due to no fault of his own. It’s a real shame for all the work he put into this comeback, but I’m hopeful he’ll be able to bounce back soon and quickly put this behind him.”
1/10/2016 7:24pm
JVT357 wrote:
motokiwi wrote:
I dont think his busted ankle, knee or head will be ready for rnd 2...
The impact knocked Stewart unconscious and because he was motionless in the main line of the track, the AMA was forced to throw the red flag. A few moments later Stewart came to with the aid of the medics, and they soon took him to the Asterisk Medical Unit for further evaluation. Stewart was concussed from the crash and seemed to be in a major daze while in the Asterisk rig, according to members of his team that we spoke with in the pits last night.

http://motocross.transworld.net/news/2016-anaheim-one-sx-james-stewart-update/
hvaughn88
1/10/2016 7:26pm
I almost hate to even bring it up, but...JG33 to fill in if stew can't go? Would they want to have a bike in the track or just wait til bubba and bagget are good to go?
Superdave19
1/10/2016 7:34pm
I was convinced that it was a racing incident- HowEVER.. Watch how Dungey looks directly at James.. Doesn't turn his head to turn left- He actually turns his head slightly to the right..

Just sayin'- Bummer regardless
Kampy
1/10/2016 7:49pm
I agree with the majority that says Dungey did not INTEND to take out Stewart.

But, regardless of intent, it was definitely Dungey's fault. I don't understand all these people saying it was nobody's fault, or both of their fault. Some idiots are even trying to say it was Stewart's fault.

I saw it happen live in the stadium through some good binoculars, and have watched the videos and different angles several times, and it is clear to me that Dungey was trying to throw his bike in there for a block when he simply wasn't close enough. Sure, Stewart was squaring up to cut down the inside of Anderson, which put him that much closer to Dungey... but that is a perfectly reasonable line / move to take in that corner. He took that exact same line in that corner the previous lap, and had used that cut-down move in that corner in the heat race as well... same as all the other riders.

So all this talk about Stewart making an 'unusual' move that Dungey could have never expected... that is complete BS. Dunge saw Stewart square that corner the same way one minute earlier. Dunge even said afterwards (as I remember) "I knew it was coming, I expected him to cut down the inside, but he cut down like no other and I had nowhere to go. I grabbed my brakes but couldn't stop."

Yeah, you couldn't stop because you were trying to jam a block pass into the situation about 1 second too late, and ended up T-boning a guy who was already exiting the corner in a way you should have totally been expecting him to.

I think Dungey is a stand-up guy for the most part, but I don't like the way he insinuated that Stewart's "unexpected" move caused the contact. C'mon Golden Boy, just own up to it and say that you had no ill intent, but it was definitely your fault. Which it totally was.

Machiavelli3
1/10/2016 7:53pm
mxridr wrote:
Dungey was setting up to try and undercut Stew - Stew decided to square up drastically in the corner to try and set up Seely: both...
Dungey was setting up to try and undercut Stew - Stew decided to square up drastically in the corner to try and set up Seely: both riders were trying to aggressively set up the rider in front of them. racing incident, nothing more - no one had ill intentions
keith101 wrote:

This^^^^
CR250Rider
1/10/2016 7:56pm
I hope all this Moto-bickering doesn't spill over into non-moto!
1/10/2016 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2016 8:13pm
kaptkaos wrote:
Guys, Stew has track position. In racing you have track position and the person behind you cannot forcibly take your line at the apex. Stew had...
Guys, Stew has track position. In racing you have track position and the person behind you cannot forcibly take your line at the apex. Stew had a early apex entry and Dungey had a late apex entry which happened to intersect with Stews, Dungey was the one that FORCED the contact and aggressive pass rather than wait for and setup a CLEAN pass. Its racing but its not really good for the sport, just look at the end result.
This.

Dunge made a very bad judgement. Terrible mistake. It is Lap two of A1. The first race of the season. You are in 3rd PLACE!. A guy you know well is in 1st...and the guy in 2nd is Stew...who probably will fade towards the end...you know he did not get the prep in pre-season.

There is NO NEED to jump straight to the inside of the turn. Everyone talks about how RD could not stop because he clipped. OK...that was not his mistake. The like he took jumping in was the mistake. He had no business tripleing into that turn on a straight inside take out line. For the championship....at the end of the season...sure. But not at A1 when you are within 2s of the leader....and you know you have the speed to hang with him.

RD's comments about Stew cutting down faster than he expected are complete and utter BS. That would make sense...if he collided with Stews front wheel...or T-boned him square in the middle of the bike. But he hit Stew's swingarm. If Stew had blown the corner, and dropped some speed, and then RD clipped his rear...THAT would make sense. But to say Stew went faster than he was expecting...therefore I clipped his rear makes no sense at all. Does he really believe that Stew went so much faster than he was expecting that he clipped his rear in stead of clearing the front of Stew completely?! How exactly was this "move" supposed to work? Previous comments about RD trying a move that he does not really know how to pull off are right on the money.

I know Stew and RD get along pretty well...but that does not change the 20+ points Stew lost, and the potentially serious injury he suffered. Friendly or not...If I were Stew...I would chalk that one up, and at the end the season when RD needs the points...I would put him on the dirt. Karma is a bitch nice guy. (But I am a bit of a hot head...and Stew is not. He will probably let it go...)
Ryno23
Fantasy
779th
1/10/2016 9:38pm
I see a WHOLE lotta arm chair pro racers in here that would could should have done it all different. Listen up dweebs, Dunge DGAF what you think he did or didn't do. Criticize all you want, you still suck.
RedRum666
1/11/2016 8:45am
I dont think Dungey did it on purpose...he isnt that type of rider.... it is a bummer for Stewart and he did nothing wrong either....a racing incident...an unfortunate racing incident...

The only thing I ponder is, what Dungey was thinking in the first place going in that low, or did he just screw up ??....the lap prior, Stew squraed that turn the exact same way and Dungey was right behind him - so its not like Stewart did something out of the blue....shitty situation all around....
1/11/2016 3:19pm
I liked Dungey's aggressive move....He's been passive in past years. Unfortunately, he came into the turn a little too fast and misjudged the quickness of the race leader and Stewart. Even great riders ride over their heads at times. I didn't want to see Stewart's chance of a Championship go out the window in round 1 and hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Myke
Fantasy
2861st
1/11/2016 6:47pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2016 6:48pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Hey guys watch it again in Slo mo. In the angle from behind the riders you can see dungey case the last jump before the corner...
Hey guys watch it again in Slo mo. In the angle from behind the riders you can see dungey case the last jump before the corner. The suspension unloads and he gets on the brakes way late because of it. He made a mistake and couldn't recover.
This is the same thing I see, he definitely doesn't down side the jump, his rearend is kicked up from coming up short. Plus Stewart should have sensed Dungey coming but he never looks over.
mb
1/11/2016 8:42pm
Couple of points. The race where Stew comes back from last to 1st on his 125 (SX) he gets slammed by someone in mid-pack, announcers mention it, doing the exact same turn he did on Sat night. Been doing it his whole career, nothing wrong with it and nothing new.

If you watch the re-start, RD5 basically takes the same line that Stew did on the 1st lap of the restart.
WFO
1/11/2016 8:48pm
Crash82 wrote:
Dungey was going the wrong way on the track, total BS and Emig is a punk for kissing Dungey's ass, he said "that indecent with Stewart."...
Dungey was going the wrong way on the track, total BS and Emig is a punk for kissing Dungey's ass, he said "that indecent with Stewart." Stewart had zero fault, 100% Dungey. Heck Vince F wasn't going the wrong way on the track. So damn disappointed. Bullshit Dungey you were going the wrong way on the track, just heard your excuse, holy crap. Zero respect for you, I will make the best voodoo doll ever and make you sit on a cactus.
Agreed, but how do you REALLY FEEL?

D
flatout111
1/12/2016 12:36am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 12:36am
It is of my opinion that Stew was out front and had every right to choose the line he wanted, which in this turn was to cut down and make the pass on JA. Dungey came in way too hot for the inside line and also hit that little kicker to kick him off balance a bit. But he was coming in way too hot. I know Dunge did not mean to do it but the fact of the matter is that it was HIS mistake. And he ended up second in the race, title hunt intact. Stew ended up concussed and questionable for next week and any hopes for a title, as slim as they were, dashed. And it could have been worse.

I just think the broadcast and heck, even Vital is shielding the champ a bit calling it an "incident". Dungey caused the crash, period. If this was Friese against anyone else the headline would be Vince knocks Stew out. And YES, I know Vince has a deserved rep. But call it as it is. RD5 came in way too hot, lost control, and then hit Stew hard which ended up leaving him concussed and out. Racing incident? Sure. But it still was Ryan's fault, 100%.

What bugs me most is how RD5 just tried to act like James made the wrong move and deflect the blame. Yeah, Stew cut down. He had that right. He was ahead of Ryan by a good little bit and can choose his line. But Ryan saw the whole thing yet chose to go in that hot, then lost control.

It's beating a dead horse. Just wish he hadn't basically blamed Stew on the podium and post race. I just think that is lame. I think the fans were right for booing. The takeout wasn't on purpose but he sure did go in there hot and heavy, which lead to him making a mistake and hitting Stew hard. Boneheaded move, especially for so early in the race.
akillerwombat
1/12/2016 12:45am
flatout111 wrote:
It is of my opinion that Stew was out front and had every right to choose the line he wanted, which in this turn was to...
It is of my opinion that Stew was out front and had every right to choose the line he wanted, which in this turn was to cut down and make the pass on JA. Dungey came in way too hot for the inside line and also hit that little kicker to kick him off balance a bit. But he was coming in way too hot. I know Dunge did not mean to do it but the fact of the matter is that it was HIS mistake. And he ended up second in the race, title hunt intact. Stew ended up concussed and questionable for next week and any hopes for a title, as slim as they were, dashed. And it could have been worse.

I just think the broadcast and heck, even Vital is shielding the champ a bit calling it an "incident". Dungey caused the crash, period. If this was Friese against anyone else the headline would be Vince knocks Stew out. And YES, I know Vince has a deserved rep. But call it as it is. RD5 came in way too hot, lost control, and then hit Stew hard which ended up leaving him concussed and out. Racing incident? Sure. But it still was Ryan's fault, 100%.

What bugs me most is how RD5 just tried to act like James made the wrong move and deflect the blame. Yeah, Stew cut down. He had that right. He was ahead of Ryan by a good little bit and can choose his line. But Ryan saw the whole thing yet chose to go in that hot, then lost control.

It's beating a dead horse. Just wish he hadn't basically blamed Stew on the podium and post race. I just think that is lame. I think the fans were right for booing. The takeout wasn't on purpose but he sure did go in there hot and heavy, which lead to him making a mistake and hitting Stew hard. Boneheaded move, especially for so early in the race.
"It is of my opinion that Stew was out front and had every right to choose the line he wanted, which in this turn was to cut down and make the pass on JA."

If you have this mentality on the first lap of a Supercross (or practically any race based sport) you're going to end up like Stewart more times than not. When there are literally 20 riders within a second or two of each other you need to let common sense take place and stick with the closest popular line or go wide – cutting down into basically un-touched dirt across the front of 18 other riders is going to leave you extremely venerable with a huge potential to get caught – which happened to Stewart.
flatout111
1/12/2016 12:55am
I don't think it was a bad line by Stew. The whole thing would have never happened if Dunge didn't clip his tire and that kicked his back end out a bit and he wasn't able to stop. THAT was the problem. Yeah he was coming in hot for the inside but I'm sure without that happening he would have been able to get on the binders as he did not have a passing line. Of course if wasn't intentional. But it was still a mistake that RD5 made. Don't blame the guy who ended up being t boned, inadvertently or not.

That's my issue, not so much the incident, but the lack of saying, yeah, I came in hot, hit a kicker, and lost control a bit and nailed him. Just man up. It wasn't intentional. Shit happens. But it was still an error by Dunge. Don't deflect.

In my opinion.

Post a reply to: Stew out.

The Latest