Create New Tag

1/10/2016 10:55 AM

The Champ wrote:

Kinda reminds me of dallas 2011 reed and Stewart Incident

APerry151 wrote:

That was my first thought.

DownSouth wrote:

It reminds me of Phoenix 2010.

Thats the one I was talking about....James has a history of cutting down in traffic and last night was no different...A racing incident.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 10:56 AM

Bummed for Stewart. Was a racing incident but still Dungeys fault. He's always been a squid when he tries to be aggressive. His happy place is safe and smooth. Probably a good thing for Dungey now. Every time he squids out like this he rides more conservative the rest of the season while he waits for attrition to take place.

|

Design Director, Turn10 Studios (my posts in no way reflect the views of my company.)

1/10/2016 10:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 10:59 AM

Good God...!! Some of the jacked up reasoning on this thread!

|

1/10/2016 11:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 11:11 AM

TheWeapon wrote:

Wow. Just wow. There is a whole new level of stupid in this thread.

Robgvx wrote:

I sometimes wonder whether anyone here has ever raced a motorcycle.

mark_swart wrote:

This thread really does expose a lot of ignorance about the capabilities of our riders and bikes. Apparently some of us think ...more

I'm with this, in full agreement with DV's thoughts also. It being so early in the race, this was a rookie move on JS7's part by putting himself in this position. You know that guys will be still freight training into this corner at 300 mph so why undercut the corner and put yourself in this position?

I am a fan of both these guys! I am a fan of the old guards and want JS7 and CR22 to light it up this year! I hope James is fine and will be good to go next weekend.

|

1/10/2016 11:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 11:16 AM

Robgvx wrote:

I sometimes wonder whether anyone here has ever raced a motorcycle.

mark_swart wrote:

This thread really does expose a lot of ignorance about the capabilities of our riders and bikes. Apparently some of us think ...more

RacerX8 wrote:

I'm with this, in full agreement with DV's thoughts also. It being so early in the race, this was a rookie move on JS7's part ...more

Rookie move on Stewart's part? Hah I've heard everything now. Dungey was over his head and should have stayed in his happy place. The rookie move came from Dungey. Funny that Tomac did the exact same thing a lap or two later and had no problem making the turn.

|

Design Director, Turn10 Studios (my posts in no way reflect the views of my company.)

1/10/2016 11:19 AM

mark_swart wrote:

RacerX8 wrote:

I'm with this, in full agreement with DV's thoughts also. It being so early in the race, this was a rookie move on JS7's part ...more

Triton wrote:

Rookie move on Stewart's part? Hah I've heard everything now. Dungey was over his head and should have stayed in his happy ...more

He also didn't have anybody cutting down as hard as Stewart did....when you have guys like DV and K Dub weighing in and saying it was a racing incident then it was a racing incident.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 11:21 AM

DonM wrote:

dv934
My view on it... You shouldn't square a bowl turn like than while in traffic 2 laps in the race. When I walked the track ...more

Exactley right .. on lap 5 this is a legit move, on lap 2 , you have to be savvy enough to know when to protect yourself .
Stew looked fast , but maybe sitting home for a year hasnt done his racecraft much good.

I'd even go as far to say that racecraft has never been his strong suit.. just blinding speed .

|

1/10/2016 11:23 AM

Of course it's a racing incident. They are racing. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on Dungey's part. Dungey cracks when he gets aggressive. No one is saying he's not talented, he's just 1 dimensional.

|

1/10/2016 11:23 AM

mark_swart wrote:

RacerX8 wrote:

Triton wrote:

Rookie move on Stewart's part? Hah I've heard everything now. Dungey was over his head and should have stayed in his happy ...more

I already stated that I'm a fan of both riders so it's not a "my guy can only do good and your guy bad" post. Unless last night was your first SX watched then you know that JS7's career has been defined partially by poor decision making, whether you like him or not.

Who am I though? Listen to DV and Kdub if you're looking for someone with more credibilty. All you have to do is look at the common denominator...

|

1/10/2016 11:25 AM

DonM wrote:

dv934
My view on it... You shouldn't square a bowl turn like than while in traffic 2 laps in the race. When I walked the track ...more

philG wrote:

Exactley right .. on lap 5 this is a legit move, on lap 2 , you have to be savvy enough to know when to protect yourself .
...more

Careful.....you're making to much sense....wink

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 11:28 AM

Triton wrote:

Of course it's a racing incident. They are racing. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on Dungey's part. Dungey cracks when ...more

Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on James part either....hence the racing incident...but of course you have more experience in this than DV and K Dub.....

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 11:29 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

When you enter that corner from the outside, it is perfectly fine to take Stewart's line. When you enter from the inside, it ...more

Bing-frikkin-go

|

1/10/2016 11:31 AM

When your a front runner you only think about going forward, if you think about the people behind you then thats where you will end up. Both of them was going forwards just something that happens at the speeds there going. I would bet the only thing Stewart is upset about is that he didnt get a better start and not have been in that position, same as Dungey

|

1/10/2016 11:32 AM

Triton wrote:

Of course it's a racing incident. They are racing. Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on Dungey's part. Dungey cracks when ...more

DonM wrote:

Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on James part either....hence the racing incident...but of course you have more ...more

This is correct, sometimes the reason someone gets hurt is partially due to their decision...

|

1/10/2016 11:40 AM

Triton wrote:

DonM wrote:

Doesn't mean it wasn't a bonehead move on James part either....hence the racing incident...but of course you have more ...more

James didn't do anything wrong. He's racing the guy in front not back. Dungey's line choice is the slower anyways and is a passing/protection line. He was in no position to make a pass.

You can spin it however you want but won't change the fact that Dungeys mistake caused the incident and hurt Stewart.

|

1/10/2016 11:43 AM

Triton wrote:

DonM wrote:

Triton wrote:

James didn't do anything wrong. He's racing the guy in front not back. Dungey's line choice is the slower anyways and is a ...more

I'm not the one doing the spinning here....again DV and KDub are quite a bit more credible here than all the fanboys...I'm with them on this.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 11:52 AM

Ozy wrote:

thank you! Dungey's (and his fanbois) clipped excuse doesn't hold water . . . sure Dungey's rear end bounced a little but this ...more

Take your blinders off.

|

1/10/2016 11:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 11:54 AM

DonM wrote:

Triton wrote:

James didn't do anything wrong. He's racing the guy in front not back. Dungey's line choice is the slower anyways and is a ...more

DonM wrote:

I'm not the one doing the spinning here....again DV and KDub are quite a bit more credible here than all the fanboys...I'm ...more

Fanboy? Lol ok. I'll give KDub credit. DV is just trying to stay relevant. Again Stewart did nothing wrong, Dungey was being Dungey when he tries to be aggressive. He turns into a squid. History backs this up for him.

|

1/10/2016 11:56 AM

Triton wrote:

You should go show him how it's done, you've obviously accomplished a lot in motocross. Have you thought of becoming a life coach?

|

1/10/2016 11:59 AM

Triton wrote:

DonM wrote:

I'm not the one doing the spinning here....again DV and KDub are quite a bit more credible here than all the fanboys...I'm ...more

Triton wrote:

Fanboy? Lol ok. I'll give KDub credit. DV is just trying to stay relevant. Again Stewart did nothing wrong, Dungey was being ...more

Ok....Whatever....Your opinion of DV doesn't make him less credible in this instance....It was a racing incident that they both have fault in.

|

“I’m not Swap…”

1/10/2016 12:00 PM

DonM wrote:

Triton wrote:

Fanboy? Lol ok. I'll give KDub credit. DV is just trying to stay relevant. Again Stewart did nothing wrong, Dungey was being ...more

DonM wrote:

Ok....Whatever....Your opinion of DV doesn't make him less credible in this instance....It was a racing incident that they ...more

The irony of KDub and DV commenting on this is golden.

|

1/10/2016 12:01 PM

Triton wrote:

Jimmy_Sloan wrote:

You should go show him how it's done, you've obviously accomplished a lot in motocross. Have you thought of becoming a life ...more

Let me know if you need help pulling your foot out of your mouth.

|

1/10/2016 12:05 PM

Just watched the race again.

JS was cutting inside on that turn before the incident and Dungey was right behind him the lap prior when he did this, so he knew his line.

That said, Dungey made a bad mistake and shouldn't have attempted that jump on lap 3 or ever as it's almost impossible to stop with a rider up high. Dungey knew how JS was riding and knew his lines.

Dungey phucked him up.

|

yea mate!

1/10/2016 12:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 12:30 PM

keith101 wrote:

Just watched the race again.

JS was cutting inside on that turn before the incident and Dungey was right behind him the lap ...more

I agree. While I know Dungey did not intentionally hit Stewart, an experienced rider should know when you should and should not make that move. Dungey was absolutely no where close to passing anyone in that turn, yet his threw himself to the inside and caused all sorts of chaos. Again, he didn't intentionally hurt him, but it is 100% his fault. Not to mention it was super early in the race, it wasn't like it was the last lap.

I hope JS recovers quick. This series will be awesome if they all stay healthy.

|

1/10/2016 12:14 PM

Triton wrote:

Did you walk in on the Dunge playing hide the salomi with your sister?

If he turned into a squid how did he come back to second after laying on the ground in the main?

I would love to be a squid if it gets me the money and champions RD has.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

1/10/2016 12:17 PM

Ozy wrote:

thank you! Dungey's (and his fanbois) clipped excuse doesn't hold water . . . sure Dungey's rear end bounced a little but this ...more

I'm a Stewart fan and there is no way Dungey freised stew. Racing incident and nothing more. Dung was on the brakes as soon as he could be but it was to late. Stew cut down early but that is something you would expect from someone trying to gain a position out of a turn. Every one of them guys do it. You can't pass if your riding the same line. Dungey fumbled the single and the rest is history. Speaking of history. How many times has Dungey intentionally take someone out? He rides incredibly fast and sometimes shit goes wrong. Dungey is a classy guy and I'm sure he checked in with stew first chance he got. Stew is probably pissed but knows there was no intention behind this. I hope James is ok and will be out there next weekend but he was out cold and I'm thinking he will sit out a race or two. Bummer for sure.

|

1/10/2016 12:17 PM

Dungey was setting up to try and undercut Stew - Stew decided to square up drastically in the corner to try and set up Seely: both riders were trying to aggressively set up the rider in front of them. racing incident, nothing more - no one had ill intentions

|

1/10/2016 12:23 PM

Wow people blaming Dungey and saying he was going backwards, not taking a good line ect must be the same people on this motocross forum that only ride trails. Or last raced in 1984, it was only a matter of time before Sewart crashed out for some reason. Dungeys help or not. I wish it wouldn't have happened but wich rider has the history of this kind of wonky race craft?

|

1/10/2016 12:29 PM

Guys, Stew has track position. In racing you have track position and the person behind you cannot forcibly take your line at the apex. Stew had a early apex entry and Dungey had a late apex entry which happened to intersect with Stews, Dungey was the one that FORCED the contact and aggressive pass rather than wait for and setup a CLEAN pass. Its racing but its not really good for the sport, just look at the end result.

|

2013 CRF450R Factory Connection revalve, All stock.

1/10/2016 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2016 12:50 PM

davistld01 wrote:

Good God...!! Some of the jacked up reasoning on this thread!

Right?!...... laughing

Bet there''s a WHOLE lot less drama going on between Ryan and James this morning than going on in this thread.

James and Ryan BOTH know it's racing.
BOTH legends.
BOTH have BIG respect for each other.
BOTH feeling awful this am....James hurting and season damaged.
Ryan feeling awful for the INCIDENT. NOT Ryans style...

Anybody that's ever raced seriously knows the deal here/understands.
If this was an outdoor Nat, probably wouldn't of happened.
Lets move on people...

|