Stew Swing Arm

Related:
Create New Tag

1/14/2016 1:39 PM

Does anyone have a picture of James Stewart's Factory RMZ450's "swing arm" after Dungey accidentally T-Boned him?

|

bd

1/14/2016 1:55 PM

Scary to think what his left leg would look like if the contact happened a split second earlier

|

1/14/2016 2:03 PM

Tickle's swingarm was hit with Alessi's tire. Stewart's swingarm was hit by Dungey's lower fork because Dungey was actually trying to turn...

|

1/14/2016 2:06 PM

GrapeApe wrote:

Scary to think what his left leg would look like if the contact happened a split second earlier

did you watch the Chris Weidman - Anderson Silva fight?

something like that

|

1/14/2016 3:25 PM

wtf, i want to see a after the crash picture

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

1/14/2016 3:31 PM

I had to leave right after the main started and snapped this picture of his pit area on my way out..........

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/14/2016 3:38 PM

And that is another picture that show's how hard Stew cut down as he is riding where no one has through the bobcat tracks and this is after they have collided which redirected James to the outside. I'm not saying it was anyones fault but just an unfortunate set of circumstances that caused a racing incident.
That's actually a good angle of it where did you find that?

|

1/14/2016 3:45 PM

Someone needs to start a gofundme to get Matthes a camera. He always sees what nobody else sees.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

1/14/2016 3:50 PM

Ummmmmm.....Unless he did it on a bobcat as there are absolutely no tire tracks where he was headed...He may have taken the same line but did not cut down as far.

|

1/14/2016 4:32 PM

I don't undrstand how Dungey knocked bubba down and ate shit and still had a bike that was capable of 2nd place. Kudos to the diesel.

|

1/14/2016 4:44 PM

Sometimes I think the factory bikes are made out of aluminum cans...I'm surprised that that kind of contact would destroy a swing arm. Even more surprised it would destroy a swing arm, and not do significant damage to Dungey's front wheel.

|

1/14/2016 4:51 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Sometimes I think the factory bikes are made out of aluminum cans...I'm surprised that that kind of contact would destroy a swing arm. Even more surprised it would destroy a swing arm, and not do significant damage to Dungey's front wheel.

That's what I'm thinking, Mathes junked and my junked would probably be two different things. Tyre marks and a few scrapes to me isn't Junked, to a former factory mechanic its Junked.

|

1/14/2016 5:42 PM

Titan1 wrote:

MX690 wrote:

That's what I'm thinking, Mathes junked and my junked would probably be two different things. Tyre marks and a few scrapes to me isn't Junked, to a former factory mechanic its Junked.

Agree but by definition the swingarm has to be stock.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/14/2016 6:26 PM

Wow....... bottom of the forks?....... alloy and alloy. Can not imagine rubber and allow doing that or even a rim. Had to be a solid part the RD's forks.

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

1/14/2016 6:32 PM

Yup...Matthes and I have different definitions of destroyed. I wouldn't even replace that swing arm. Lol

|

1/14/2016 6:41 PM

The fork lug had to be what made the dent. No way a tire and rim did that.

|

1/14/2016 6:41 PM

It's gotta be the wheel hits the bike, deflects and exposes the round back of the fork lug... If it was the front of the lug it'd have pierced it right?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/14/2016 6:44 PM

Ktms are just built way better then Suzukis

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

1/14/2016 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2016 6:46 PM

laughing He could have finished the race no problem on that swingarm IMO. Aluminum is pretty dang resilient even after being dented. The boxed extrusion is what gives it is strength. A dent in the side would not cause a major structural failure IMO.
|

1/14/2016 6:46 PM

Did someone say "swingarm?"
Photo

|

1/14/2016 6:52 PM

You the fuckin Swingarm supercross expert these days or what?

Fork lug

|

1/14/2016 7:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/14/2016 7:05 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Yup...Matthes and I have different definitions of destroyed. I wouldn't even replace that swing arm. Lol

Haha I was thinking the same thing. laughing

after reading what Matthes said I was picturing something like Torco's picture...

|

1/14/2016 7:07 PM

Hahahaha, it's a good thing dungey's bike doesn't have hammers hanging off of it.

|

1/14/2016 7:12 PM

Photo

|

1/14/2016 7:21 PM

Lol. That swingarm would get 10 million wheelie miles in Baltimore. And probably would withstand a few police cruiser rammings.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/14/2016 8:02 PM

Booooo

|

1/14/2016 8:15 PM

Titan1 wrote:

MX690 wrote:

Crush wrote:

Agree but by definition the swingarm has to be stock.

Does it specify swingarm in the rulebook?

|

1/14/2016 8:19 PM

Yep.

Has to be stock but can be stock of a different year... ie Tomac's 14 Honda had a 12 swingarm etc...

|

Cheers, Crush

1/14/2016 9:48 PM

hvaughn88 wrote:

Did someone say "swingarm?"
Photo

laughing
|

1/14/2016 10:31 PM

Crush wrote:

Yep.

Has to be stock but can be stock of a different year... ie Tomac's 14 Honda had a 12 swingarm etc...

modified swing arms are used as well.... you haven't heard about the ama using actual like... actual home depot tape measures to measure these things?

|

" Things I learned on vital ralph sucks emig sucks ricky sucks pieck sucks stewart sucks dungey sucks canard sucks female floor reporters suck ktm sucks everything sucks. This is a forum for people who hate motocross. " - Reefer Sutherland.