Steve and Ralphs Pow Wow

flatout111
11/5/2018 11:06pm
Ralph's pod is up now. Good stuff. He and Steve talk SEMA, Supercross and KISS.

Doesn't get much better than that.
flatout111
11/6/2018 5:09am
tprice07 wrote:
Rick Johnson and Daniel Blair. I don’t care to listen to an outsider. I want to hear two riders provide their perspective and bench race.
It wouldn't work. You have to have the pbp be the one who is experienced at the TV side and getting in and out of commercials on time and to direct the correspondence between the two whether it be thru hand signals or whatnot. 2 moto guys in the booth would actually be a train wreck.

I do think you could have 2 pbp gys as long as one of them is super geeky knowledgeable. Like Ralph and Weege do flat track. It works well in that case.

The Shop

flatout111
11/6/2018 5:14am
Steve's podcast is great. Steve lets his feelings be known on some things concerning last week's rant on the SX broadcast but Ralph listens and gives his take. They agree to disagree but hey, that's ok. Steve hates the red Honda and I do too but Weege does it as well and thinks it is necessary as does Ralph.

You can't deny Ralph's passion for the sport. He knows some don't like him but he just tries to do his best. They talk all forms of motor sports, Supercross, Nationals and music, of course.

My gut feeling is that we will see a change but I think Ralph stays. I think if we see a change it might be Fro. Which I get but it would also make me sad as well as I like Fro a lot.
WillyB
11/6/2018 5:37am
looking good Steve (no homo)
flatout111
11/6/2018 6:28am
kb228 wrote:
Weege and langston would make us happy
TommyLee93 wrote:
Um, no thanks.
I think I would prefer two different set of announcers for the two different disciplines. Plus, I think that is logistically how it will be.

I love Weege...he is amazing and I like GL but not sure I want both MX and SX to be covered by the same guys. I like a bit of variety. I would like Weege to have a go at SX at some point but also enjoy who we have in Ralph.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
11/6/2018 8:16am
flatout111 wrote:
Ralph is indeed a pro and does whatever they need of him but I do think the whole broadcast needs to be tuned more toward the...
Ralph is indeed a pro and does whatever they need of him but I do think the whole broadcast needs to be tuned more toward the MX/SX fan. I'm not saying make it dead on for the hardcore but it does need to not be so concentrated on the new fan. I think that is reasonable to ask.

So, not so much the people on board that needs to be changed but more the directive. I stand firm on that. So, I am calling out to Chris Bond more than anyone else to make it more like the Outdoor program (which he is also in charge of) in being a more serious yet informative and entertaining broadcast.
Hudd_421 wrote:
I think Bondo is more opertations, not actually scheduling or calling the shots on how the program is run.
Correct.
11/6/2018 9:19am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 9:19am
That Bret Michaels song makes me want to sell all of my dirt bikes and pretend I’ve never ridden before. That shit was cringy AF.
BikeGuy321
11/6/2018 10:38am
Ralph has really good delivery and he's very insightful when he's announcing flat track or car racing, but for Supercross his delivery seems very ponderous and monotone. I wish he would announce Supercross like he does those other series and be more matter-of -fact, play by play.

Without a doubt Fro is the weak link. Like did he even have to try out for the position? He seems just as confused as Ralph most of the time and uses zero insider lingo. IMO Cameron Steele was a much better ' Core Moto Guy'.
11/18/2018 1:47am
BikeGuy321 wrote:
Ralph has really good delivery and he's very insightful when he's announcing flat track or car racing, but for Supercross his delivery seems very ponderous and...
Ralph has really good delivery and he's very insightful when he's announcing flat track or car racing, but for Supercross his delivery seems very ponderous and monotone. I wish he would announce Supercross like he does those other series and be more matter-of -fact, play by play.

Without a doubt Fro is the weak link. Like did he even have to try out for the position? He seems just as confused as Ralph most of the time and uses zero insider lingo. IMO Cameron Steele was a much better ' Core Moto Guy'.
Cameron Steele??? Haha GTFOOH with that guy. He's the Chris Collinsworth of SX.....but Collinsworth at least played the sport at a high level in his day. Cameron Steele was pretty much the Metal Mullisha's little bitch/tag along, they called him P.A.B. back in the day. Aka Punk Ass Bitch. Fro is a multi time SX and MX champ and has good insight on racing and how it works.

Post a reply to: Steve and Ralphs Pow Wow

The Latest