Steve Lamson

H4L
11/14/2018 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2018 4:59pm
Chris_Gall wrote:
Once a fire starts in these conditions (dry and lots of fuel) with super high winds it's impossible to fight. This happened in Santa Rosa last...
Once a fire starts in these conditions (dry and lots of fuel) with super high winds it's impossible to fight. This happened in Santa Rosa last yr and now same thing in Paradise. Winds picked back up last night after a few day's of being mild and I'm sure it's getting worse by the minute spreading south. Sucks big time!!

PGE (the power co) now shuts power off anytime a chance of high winds. People in some of these towns like Napa, Santa Rosa and even in the Sierras lose there power for a couple day's. It's a bad situation!
Snoqualmie wrote:
^^^^ This. In this case it is not 'bad forest management', though that is a topic for a later day. In this case it is not...
^^^^ This.

In this case it is not 'bad forest management', though that is a topic for a later day.

In this case it is not an arsonist, also a topic for another day.

In this case it is a 'firestorm'. In a firestorm there is nothing anybody can do... Think hurricane and replace water with fire.
Agree with both of you. Once mother nature takes control your're at her mercy. Not much the fire fighters can do when they're dealing with 50 mile an hr. winds that can also shift directions...
JMR5
11/18/2018 9:08am
Mr. Info wrote:
Does anyone know if 2 time 125 Champ is ok. Heard fire destroyed Paradise. I mean burned it to the ground with a population of 30,000...
Does anyone know if 2 time 125 Champ is ok. Heard fire destroyed Paradise. I mean burned it to the ground with a population of 30,000. Hospital, stores, everything
I actually met up with Steve last Wednesday in Roseville. He's up in Nor Cal going through his old motocross stuff (gear etc). and he lives nowhere near the fires in Paradise, thankfully. Smokey as hell even in Roseville as you can see in the photo.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
11/18/2018 11:46am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2018 12:16pm
Tarz483 wrote:
The Fire seems , Bizarre to me like i wouldn't have thought thst possible, and i have been there , I lived in yuba city marysville...
The Fire seems , Bizarre to me like i wouldn't have thought thst possible, and i have been there ,
I lived in yuba city marysville which isnt to far from there.
Wade221 wrote:
When did you live in YC?
I lived there only for 1 year in 2002 Rents where much less than Roseville area where i was working.
But i Have lived Back and forth from California to Minnesota
Several times , also 1 year in Las Vegas, and a few years in Colorado, whats Crazy is the whole Time i lived There in YC
I never rode the Marysville track , not even one time and i have a Brand New 2002 CR125 at the time ,
There were some factors but still looking back im like WTF was i thinking, but i went riding a few times on some little Tracks that where on opposite side of the bridge from the Marysville Track right when i moved there and i Crashed and broke Some ribs pretty badly. Than i was commuting to Roseville and working as a salesman at the Roseville automall and there in California especially car salesman work some knalry hours including sundays, in hindsight i should have quit that job.
I last lived in California in 2011 , but in Lincoln California.
Left in 2011 and been in Minnesota since.
And i Can definitely say i dont like the winters here.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Steve Lamson

The Latest