Stefan Everts speaks on state of MX in Belgium

FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
Edited Date/Time 12/31/2019 8:15am
Ran across this. Maybe someone can find the referenced interview in Dag Allemaal.

https://mx24.blogspot.com/2019/12/stefan-everts-jai-toujours-ete-fier.h…

Google Translation:

STEFAN EVERTS "I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROUD TO BE BELGIAN, BUT ... I AM NO MORE."

In a new edition of the Belgian weekly, Dag Allemaal, there is an interview with Stefan Everts. The legend speaks of the decline of sport in his country and the lack of infrastructure. His son Liam has only been able to ride three times this year in Belgium, while in the Netherlands he can ride much more.

Everts "Is motocross not part of our heritage? Belgium has produced world champions for over fifty years. What other sport can say the same? And now that doesn't mean anything anymore. It breaks me the heart. Listen, I've always been proud to be Belgian, but ... I'm not anymore. I'm rather ashamed. We are no longer a country made for motocross. The Belgians still lack French chauvinism and the respect that our northern neighbors cherish for their sports heroes. "
|
zehn
12/28/2019 11:36am
SE72 is a legend on the track but a lot of the things he’s done/said off the track make me scratch my head

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
12/29/2019 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 2:57pm
zehn wrote:
SE72 is a legend on the track but a lot of the things he’s done/said off the track make me scratch my head
But Standing up and trying to bring an end to the local governments closing Mx tracks is not one of those tho surely
philG
12/30/2019 3:05am
Its a sad state of affairs, but its down to local Government in the country all being controlled by the Green Party who hold balance of power... so you get fuck all unless they get what they want first. Its a disgrace.
honda907
12/30/2019 5:02am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 6:14am
philG wrote:
Its a sad state of affairs, but its down to local Government in the country all being controlled by the Green Party who hold balance of...
Its a sad state of affairs, but its down to local Government in the country all being controlled by the Green Party who hold balance of power... so you get fuck all unless they get what they want first. Its a disgrace.
Scarey trend. That mentally will sweep the world, so be prepared for an attack on motocross in America. Think electric MX bikes are in our future? The greenies will shut it down.

Our religions with white bearded men are being replaced with people who "claim" to be saving the planet.

Scary.
tcallahan707
12/30/2019 5:19am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 5:20am
philG wrote:
Its a sad state of affairs, but its down to local Government in the country all being controlled by the Green Party who hold balance of...
honda907 wrote:
Scarey trend. That mentally will sweep the world, so be prepared for an attack on motocross in America. Think electric MX bikes are in our future...
Scarey trend. That mentally will sweep the world, so be prepared for an attack on motocross in America. Think electric MX bikes are in our future? The greenies will shut it down.

Our religions with white bearded men are being replaced with people who "claim" to be saving the planet.

Scary.
Humans making a genuine effort to offset the impact of humans on our big blue spaceship or hope Santa does it for us...hmmm?

Scary indeed.

philG
12/30/2019 6:11am
philG wrote:
honda907 wrote:
Scarey trend. That mentally will sweep the world, so be prepared for an attack on motocross in America. Think electric MX bikes are in our future...

Scary.
Humans making a genuine effort to offset the impact of humans on our big blue spaceship or hope Santa does it for us...hmmm?

Scary indeed.

It is not this way in the US because your system just swaps one load of assholes for another, which is the beauty of a 2 party system... in Europe where we have 3 or 4 parties, you get 2 main parties, and the balance of power goes with whichever the 3rd party of mega-assholes teams up with . In Germany you have proportional representation, so a party that gets 5% of the vote gets 5% of the seats .. Belgium has regional governments that run each area and the Greens have everyones bollocks in a sling. We race there a bit and I had the local officials cut the pipe of my gas BBQ because it didn't have a local approval on it.. They are all wankers, but you have to smile or you get shut down.
honda907
12/30/2019 6:13am
philG wrote:
honda907 wrote:

Scary.

Scary indeed.

The whole climate change is a hoax. It's not a religion. We, as humans, are not destroying the planet. Life expectancy, your way of life, etc, is better than at any time in recorded history.....

Data is manipulated all the time.

Remember .........

1960's - Oil gone in 10 years

1970's - another ice age in 10 years

1980's - acid rain will destroy all crops in 10 years

1990's - The ozone layer will be destroyed in 10 years

2000's - The icecaps will be gone in 10 years

None happened, but all resulted in more taxes, less personal freedoms, and impacting our lives.

Remember, careful what you wish for......
12/30/2019 8:00am
honda907 wrote:

Scary.

Scary indeed.

honda907 wrote:
The whole climate change is a hoax. It's not a religion. We, as humans, are not destroying the planet. Life expectancy, your way of life, etc...
The whole climate change is a hoax. It's not a religion. We, as humans, are not destroying the planet. Life expectancy, your way of life, etc, is better than at any time in recorded history.....

Remember .........

None happened, but all resulted in more taxes, less personal freedoms, and impacting our lives.

"Climate change is a hoax"....wow, you people do exist. You don't like science do you?.
Big E
12/30/2019 8:07am
Here is what he said:

In a new edition of the Belgian weekly, Dag Allemaal, there is an interview with Stefan Everts. The legend speaks of the decline of sport in his country and the lack of infrastructure. His son Liam has only been able to ride three times this year in Belgium, while in the Netherlands he can ride much more.

Everts "Is motocross not part of our heritage? Belgium has produced world champions for over fifty years. What other sport can say the same? And now that doesn't mean anything anymore. It breaks me the heart. Listen, I've always been proud to be Belgian, but ... I'm not anymore. I'm rather ashamed. We are no longer a country made for motocross. The Belgians still lack French chauvinism and the respect that our northern neighbors cherish for their sports heroes. "
honda907
12/30/2019 8:26am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 8:28am
"Climate change is a hoax"....wow, you people do exist. You don't like science do you?.
obviously you haven't done any research. i used to live near the Penn State campus where Climategate all started a decade ago.

it's all data manipulation.

And, if i don't agree with your philosophy, you'll probably call me names and spit on me because I don'e agree with you and you will feel threatened. It has become the new Christianity. Burn me at the stake like a so called witch....because I choose free thought and real science. most of those graphs on climate change can be debunked with real data, not just data from the last 30 to 50 years.

CO2 is good for the plants. Having plants gives animals food, like you, me and your pet dog. It was in our air and the old plants and mollusked pulled it out of the air a long time ago. It has become our coal, natural gas and crude oil.

I remember back in 2009 they were going to ban little motorcycles and back in 2008 on a KTM forum, I was called crazy. Then it happened. Same thing here with all the greenies that are always on a witch hunt. They will close our MX tracks if unchecked just like in Belgium

EDIT: Climate does change, always has. It's just not a man made thing.
MXMattii
12/30/2019 8:28am
It's not only the government, our local motorsports federation screwed up big time and multiple times too.
honda907
12/30/2019 8:33am
MXMattii wrote:
It's not only the government, our local motorsports federation screwed up big time and multiple times too.
Sounds like your federation is about as good as the AMA in the USA.

Sad that these old archaic associations can't/won't do what they proclaim to do when they take our money to belong to the organization..........
Ray_MXS
12/30/2019 8:38am
"Climate change is a hoax".
I can't believe you actually buy that shit.
Your entire country is run by rich oil companies that buys out even your highest politicians. You need to open your eyes.
12/30/2019 8:44am
They will never stop me from riding, "eventually the government will shut down, there wont be any more 2strokes, they will never stop me ill still ride ill come out here with helicopters chasing me and ill still ride!" - Doug Parsons

Whoever names the film where he said that gets $1.00 paypal'd to them!
BobbyM
12/30/2019 8:48am
honda907 wrote:

Scary.

Scary indeed.

honda907 wrote:
The whole climate change is a hoax. It's not a religion. We, as humans, are not destroying the planet. Life expectancy, your way of life, etc...

Remember .........

Fear is motivation. Why do you think we spend billions on war gadgets and a fraction of that amount on education. America's a bunch of dumb fucks with lots of ammo. We're a fairly dangerous bunch. Might makes right, you all better watch out.
face biter
12/30/2019 8:51am
Ray_MXS wrote:
"Climate change is a hoax". I can't believe you actually buy that shit. Your entire country is run by rich oil companies that buys out even...
"Climate change is a hoax".
I can't believe you actually buy that shit.
Your entire country is run by rich oil companies that buys out even your highest politicians. You need to open your eyes.
Wrong!

Our country is run by whatever assholes are willing to spend the money required to buy our politicians, not just the “ rich oil companies “.
tcallahan707
12/30/2019 12:30pm
honda907 wrote:

Scary.

Scary indeed.

honda907 wrote:

Remember .........

Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so). Way of life seems to have gone down, considering how many people kill themselves.

The ozone layer has recovered due to our response in the 90s. Polar ice is shrinking. Not gonna waste my time arguing about predictions made by floppy disks.

No one is arguing that climate change hasn’t existed before humans. My comment literally said “impact of humans”.

Try again.

(Sorry if the CDC and NASA don’t agree with your opinion)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_07-508.pdf

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db330.htm

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2019/2019-ozone-hole-is-the-smalle…

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/arctic-sea-ice/
12/30/2019 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 12:50pm
Too many people. We the existing first world nations consume lots and now that the 3rd world countries are getting wealthier, their middle class is desiring what we have. These massive populations with wealth are really a plague on world resources... But damn its good for multi-national reporting results.
We just started on the downward slope.

Quality of life is starting to be diluted. And our sport is one of many that suffers.

If 99% of the world population dies, we are still at 80,000,000 people. Crazy!

Lower the world population and everything improves, even economies actually, and especially MX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tcallahan707
12/30/2019 12:38pm
Too many people. We the existing first world nations consume lots and now that the 3rd world countries are getting wealthier, their middle class is desiring...
Too many people. We the existing first world nations consume lots and now that the 3rd world countries are getting wealthier, their middle class is desiring what we have. These massive populations with wealth are really a plague on world resources... But damn its good for multi-national reporting results.
We just started on the downward slope.

Quality of life is starting to be diluted. And our sport is one of many that suffers.

If 99% of the world population dies, we are still at 80,000,000 people. Crazy!

Lower the world population and everything improves, even economies actually, and especially MX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purge 2020. Start with quadgods and whoever follows the Affliction IG account.
honda907
12/30/2019 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 1:28pm
Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so)...
Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so). Way of life seems to have gone down, considering how many people kill themselves.

The ozone layer has recovered due to our response in the 90s. Polar ice is shrinking. Not gonna waste my time arguing about predictions made by floppy disks.

No one is arguing that climate change hasn’t existed before humans. My comment literally said “impact of humans”.

Try again.

You lost me when you said "Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so). Way of life seems to have gone down, considering how many people kill themselves."

There is no causation of climate change and life expectancy. Maybe a correlation. Same with the ozone layer. We have no concrete proof that banning R11, R12, certain aerosols, etc, helps the hole heal.

By the way, 3rd world countries like China and India still use those same products today ( they were left out of the Montreal Protocol, finalized in 1987 ) and the hole is better. So maybe there is no correlation either. So maybe it is a random cyclical thing.

Our government agencies have lost credit with the masses. I believe they are worse than any private corporation today. They spend my money foolishly, and they are not accountable or responsible with their actions either.

I hope Stefan Everts stirs up shade over there. Someone needs to stand up to these bureaucratic bullies.
tcallahan707
12/30/2019 1:29pm
Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so)...

Try again.

honda907 wrote:
You lost me when you said "Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever...
You lost me when you said "Better than any time in recorded history? Life expectancy in the US has gone down for the first time ever (and is continuing to do so). Way of life seems to have gone down, considering how many people kill themselves."

There is no causation of climate change and life expectancy. Maybe a correlation. Same with the ozone layer. We have no concrete proof that banning R11, R12, certain aerosols, etc, helps the hole heal.

By the way, 3rd world countries like China and India still use those same products today ( they were left out of the Montreal Protocol, finalized in 1987 ) and the hole is better. So maybe there is no correlation either. So maybe it is a random cyclical thing.

Our government agencies have lost credit with the masses. I believe they are worse than any private corporation today. They spend my money foolishly, and they are not accountable or responsible with their actions either.

I hope Stefan Everts stirs up shade over there. Someone needs to stand up to these bureaucratic bullies.
I wasn’t correlating climate change and life expectancy. I was directly countering your comment. If anything, I decoupled them, considering you included both in the same paragraph.

Disclaimer...I’m far from trusting big brother but I also don’t trust corporations either. I like to think for myself.
honda907
12/30/2019 1:50pm
I wasn’t correlating climate change and life expectancy. I was directly countering your comment. If anything, I decoupled them, considering you included both in the same...
I wasn’t correlating climate change and life expectancy. I was directly countering your comment. If anything, I decoupled them, considering you included both in the same paragraph.

Disclaimer...I’m far from trusting big brother but I also don’t trust corporations either. I like to think for myself.
Good! we can agree on some things, not others! I can respect that!

Still hope Everts gets something done........

I really think it is that serious. Even E bikes probably won't help, hence maybe why they are moving so slow with the introductions........
MXMattii
12/30/2019 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2019 3:05pm
MXMattii wrote:
honda907 wrote:
Sounds like your federation is about as good as the AMA in the USA. Sad that these old archaic associations can't/won't do what they proclaim to...
Sounds like your federation is about as good as the AMA in the USA.

Sad that these old archaic associations can't/won't do what they proclaim to do when they take our money to belong to the organization..........
It is probably even worse. We're a country with three languages, no real problem till you make it. So we have the BMB-FMB that is our national federation, who's also acknowledged by the FIM. That BMB/FMB federations has two sister federations collecting the payments. These are created because BMB-FMB is so far in debt, if they collect one dollar that would go to a injured rider, who got paralyzed in Namur. (Read post of Muscle-Milk-KTM & VDD) in that topic.

So we're working with 3 federations BMB-FMB (virtual bancurupt) and then VMBB (Flemish side) and FMWB (French speaking side). All those have board members some are doing there best others are just dumb fµC§. So to get something moving on the Pro level of the sport, it's damn hard.

Then you have other federations like MCLB, VMCF, VLM, AMPL, ... they are federations for amateurs and are riding every week on a different track, but are a bit like Glen Helen REM races. But the problem there is that most of those federations didn't acknowledged eachother, for years. Neither did the BMB-FMB. (Now we're seeing that the VLM and VMBB (FMB-BMCool are starting to work together). But before it was impossible to think that those federations would do the smart thing and schedule no races on the weekend of the Belgium Grand Prix in Lommel for example.

I don't want to make this story too long. So long story short: We really need to rethink the whole structure of motorcross/motosports in Belgium. At the moment we've no Belgium Championship anymore, knowing that in the past almost all World Championship riders came to ride, earn some money and have some quality time with the fans. We've no real youth racing federation. You will find a few 85cc's at this amateurs federation and a few at the other federation. Centralizing all those kids in full, stacked heats would help us a lot to create new champs.
tcallahan707
12/30/2019 3:44pm
I wasn’t correlating climate change and life expectancy. I was directly countering your comment. If anything, I decoupled them, considering you included both in the same...

honda907 wrote:
Good! we can agree on some things, not others! I can respect that! Still hope Everts gets something done........ I really think it is that serious...

I really think it is that serious. Even E bikes probably won't help, hence maybe why they are moving so slow with the introductions........
Thanks for being reasonable.

I hope Everts does too. It is a real issue and your concerns are valid. I personally agree that E bikes may not help, but for other reasons. There’s space to be realistic while also supporting our passions. I’d like to think we want to avoid another lead bike fiasco, by getting ahead of any potential threats, but not when all of us trip over the details of said threats. AMA isn’t going to lead the way so it’s on us Vitards to come together.

If there’s one thing that’s for certain, it’s that for better or worse, our sport will be very different one decade from now. Who’s going to drive that bus?
honda907
12/30/2019 4:00pm

honda907 wrote:
Good! we can agree on some things, not others! I can respect that! Still hope Everts gets something done........ I really think it is that serious...

Thanks for being reasonable. I hope Everts does too. It is a real issue and your concerns are valid. I personally agree that E bikes may...
Thanks for being reasonable.

I hope Everts does too. It is a real issue and your concerns are valid. I personally agree that E bikes may not help, but for other reasons. There’s space to be realistic while also supporting our passions. I’d like to think we want to avoid another lead bike fiasco, by getting ahead of any potential threats, but not when all of us trip over the details of said threats. AMA isn’t going to lead the way so it’s on us Vitards to come together.

If there’s one thing that’s for certain, it’s that for better or worse, our sport will be very different one decade from now. Who’s going to drive that bus?
Agreed. It will be very different.
I haven't a clue who will drive the bus. The AMA certainly cannot, as they have decimated all forms of racing that they used to run by selling it off to the highest bidder.

MX is going the way of dirt track and road racing.

SX is here to stay ( for now)

Post a reply to: Stefan Everts speaks on state of MX in Belgium

The Latest