Stefan Everts on Intensive Care

mpy
12/12/2018 12:46am
No reason to speculate... just wait. Not odd.

Hoping for the best.
nytsmaC
12/12/2018 1:11am Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 2:52am
keinz wrote:
Sad, but topic about 10 times world champ and one of the all time greatest fighting for his life don't care anybody. Just counted, and this...
Sad, but topic about 10 times world champ and one of the all time greatest fighting for his life don't care anybody. Just counted, and this topic in in 30th placeSad (. Fucking RMZ first ipression gets more attention. Nice job from all of you hard core moto fans
What the fuck do you expect, must everyone who is wishing well for Stefan post a reply? Or is wishing him well in private not good enough? What is there to say that hasn’t been said already?

I wish him well, if I thought he could read this I’d be inclined to send him a message of encouragement but we’re all pretty much helpless at this point.
Helda
12/12/2018 2:17am
keinz wrote:
Sad, but topic about 10 times world champ and one of the all time greatest fighting for his life don't care anybody. Just counted, and this...
Sad, but topic about 10 times world champ and one of the all time greatest fighting for his life don't care anybody. Just counted, and this topic in in 30th placeSad (. Fucking RMZ first ipression gets more attention. Nice job from all of you hard core moto fans
nytsmaC wrote:
What the fuck do you expect, must everyone who is wishing well for Stefan post a reply? Or is wishing him well in private not good...
What the fuck do you expect, must everyone who is wishing well for Stefan post a reply? Or is wishing him well in private not good enough? What is there to say that hasn’t been said already?

I wish him well, if I thought he could read this I’d be inclined to send him a message of encouragement but we’re all pretty much helpless at this point.
Thinking the same thing.
ns503
12/12/2018 3:59am
Then there's the last line in the OP.

The family asks them to leave in peace so that they can overcome this disease together with Everts.

One of my most vivid memories from MXoN Budds Creek was settling into my lawn chair, cracking open a beer, looking up & seeing SE & RC crest the big downhill together on their parade lap. Then they rode right by & around me. That was epicness. So - ya, we are saying quiet words. Unsure

The Shop

CozMan
12/12/2018 11:43am
Posted today (no update, but I suppose that can be a good thing sometimes):

Everts in coma
MXMattii
12/12/2018 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 3:23pm
People are thinking about him, that is clear as day. Old fans, mates, friends, ... In Belgium religion isn't that popular anymore. Not like we see in America with riders thanking the lord for keeping them safe. But now I see people going to church to burn a little candle, also people who just buy a candle in the church and let it burn at home. When I need we're asking help to everyone and everything. Also Maria and Jesus and religion.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/12/2018 3:37pm
MXMattii wrote:
People are thinking about him, that is clear as day. Old fans, mates, friends, ... In Belgium religion isn't that popular anymore. Not like we see...
People are thinking about him, that is clear as day. Old fans, mates, friends, ... In Belgium religion isn't that popular anymore. Not like we see in America with riders thanking the lord for keeping them safe. But now I see people going to church to burn a little candle, also people who just buy a candle in the church and let it burn at home. When I need we're asking help to everyone and everything. Also Maria and Jesus and religion.

Hey MxMattii, just curious but what is the most common religion over there? Is it more so Catholic? Always kinda wondered that.
MXMattii
12/12/2018 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 12/12/2018 5:09pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Hey MxMattii, just curious but what is the most common religion over there? Is it more so Catholic? Always kinda wondered that.
Indeed Catholic Christians. That is the religion that determines when you get a extra day of work, for example 15 August with the Assumption of Mary day. Our neighbors, the dutch has a mixture of Catholic and Protestantism Christians and have no extra day off work on 15 august for example.

But due immigration we have a wide range of other religions too. Some very interesting like Buddhism and some very withdrawn from our society like Orthodox and Chassidism Jews and then you've the Muslim community off course too. Some of them are very withdrawn others very integrated into the Belgium way of life.

Back in the day I once went to a Muslim friend his house to do some schoolwork and this was a few days after the celebrated Eid al-Fitr, the party what ends the Ramadan, and in no time all the left overs were on the table! I've eaten cookies and other sweets like never before. Things that looked like Morocco donuts and stuff.
Camp332
12/14/2018 9:06am
Any updates? Hoping for good news.
APLMAN99
12/14/2018 6:42pm
keinz wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
What the fuck do you expect, must everyone who is wishing well for Stefan post a reply? Or is wishing him well in private not good...

There are times that it'd be nice if keinz had one of those breathalyzer type interlocks on his keyboard...…..

This was one of those times.
Natester551v
12/14/2018 6:52pm
keinz wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
There are times that it'd be nice if keinz had one of those breathalyzer type interlocks on his keyboard...…..

Lol....this made my night. Thx Aplman…:-)
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
12/14/2018 7:36pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

He would just get some other vitard to blow in it for him! Pinch
newmann
12/14/2018 7:49pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxrose3 wrote:
He would just get some other vitard to blow in it for him! Pinch
This Vitard isn't blowing. A simple jumper wire bypasses those when they come into the shop for repairs...Laughing

Talk about rustling someone's jimmies, bypass their breathalyzer without notifying the monitoring service or waiting days for them to return your phone call requesting it be disabled.
keinz
12/15/2018 4:10am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2018 5:23am
One of the greatest ever is in coma, and I'm the dumbass for posting about it. Give me break
ns503
12/15/2018 6:20am
keinz wrote:
One of the greatest ever is in coma, and I'm the dumbass for posting about it. Give me break
It wasn't a simple post about it, it is that you tried to stir up board drama with it.

The family asks them to leave in peace so that they can overcome this disease together with Everts.
MXMattii
12/15/2018 3:38pm
From a good source I heard that they woke up Stefan. That went reasonably well and besides being very tired, he reacted well and it looks like his brain and hart are OK.

Now docs needed to make the decision would they bring him back into a induced coma to give his body all the power to recover or is his body already strong enough to share his power between sleep, eat, drink, sleep and sleep more.

Let us send positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Because this is great news. This doesn't mean he's already done and dusted with his fight against malaria, but this is a nice first stap into the right direction. After almost 11 days.
HuskyEd
12/15/2018 3:57pm
MXMattii wrote:
From a good source I heard that they woke up Stefan. That went reasonably well and besides being very tired, he reacted well and it looks...
From a good source I heard that they woke up Stefan. That went reasonably well and besides being very tired, he reacted well and it looks like his brain and hart are OK.

Now docs needed to make the decision would they bring him back into a induced coma to give his body all the power to recover or is his body already strong enough to share his power between sleep, eat, drink, sleep and sleep more.

Let us send positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Because this is great news. This doesn't mean he's already done and dusted with his fight against malaria, but this is a nice first stap into the right direction. After almost 11 days.
Definitely good news. Thank you for the update. Hang in there Stefan.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
12/15/2018 4:38pm
MXMattii wrote:
From a good source I heard that they woke up Stefan. That went reasonably well and besides being very tired, he reacted well and it looks...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like things are at least headed in the right direction
shuggs
12/16/2018 2:47am
Hope it’s the start of his recovery
Crush
12/16/2018 6:34am
Great to read some good news there.
jeffro503
12/16/2018 9:48am
MXMattii wrote:

Thanks for that Matti. I've been checking this thread daily for updates. Was starting to think the worst for a while , so it's nice to hear he sounds like he's healing up. Stay strong Stefan!
ns503
12/16/2018 10:04am
Crush wrote:
Great to read some good news there.
Sure is.
MXMattii
12/16/2018 2:00pm
Docs choose to put him back into induced coma to give his body that little bit extra energy to recuperate. So let's just send positive thoughts and prayers that he can recuperate enough in the next days so next time they wake him, he can stay awake.
jeffro503
12/16/2018 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2018 4:52pm
Just thinking here......isn't it weird how we as fan's can get connected to these rider's? I mean , I don't know Stefan at all , but because of his accomplishment's in the truly best sport in the world ( my favorite sport ).....one of them gets hurt or sick , and it really really hits home. Kinda let's you know that we're all human , and even the best in the world at something , can have something really bad happen to them. Stefan is a legend in my eye's ( I'm sure he's a legend to a lot of other's too ).......Just really sucks to hear about this sort of stuff.
DeStouwer
12/17/2018 5:51am
The official report came out today:

"The condition of Stefan Everts, who was struck by malaria, is evolving favorably. His condition is no longer critical. That is why it is no longer necessary to sediment the ten times world champion motocross. Everts is still in the intensive care department of the University Hospital in Leuven, where he is closely monitored and where only family members are admitted. About the effects of malaria (the investigations continue) or about the duration of the recovery, nothing can be said at the moment."

Post a reply to: Stefan Everts on Intensive Care

The Latest