Steel Frame with Whoops

bw56
Are guys at a disadvantage in the whoops on the KTM and Husky? I was surprised to see Webb being less efficient in the whoops. Or is Tomac just that good in the whoops?
|
Crush
2/24/2019 3:23am
bw56 wrote:
Are guys at a disadvantage in the whoops on the KTM and Husky? I was surprised to see Webb being less efficient in the whoops. Or...
Are guys at a disadvantage in the whoops on the KTM and Husky? I was surprised to see Webb being less efficient in the whoops. Or is Tomac just that good in the whoops?
Don't think so... I do think they've had a run of guys who wouldn't count the whoops as their strongest point though...

Coop wasn't always great in them even when he was killing it on 250s.

Marvin. Well.

Dungey had issues in them the entire time on his pumpkin, but Kenny was amazing in them in 2014.

Look at Bagget, little man crushes them.
aees
2/24/2019 5:39am
bw56 wrote:
Are guys at a disadvantage in the whoops on the KTM and Husky? I was surprised to see Webb being less efficient in the whoops. Or...
Crush wrote:
Don't think so... I do think they've had a run of guys who wouldn't count the whoops as their strongest point though... Coop wasn't always great...
Don't think so... I do think they've had a run of guys who wouldn't count the whoops as their strongest point though...

Marvin. Well.

Dungey had issues in them the entire time on his pumpkin, but Kenny was amazing in them in 2014.

Wilson to. It is a setup thing.
2/24/2019 7:24am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2019 7:27am
Webb has never been great in the whoops. Watch his battles in '16 against Christian Craig.

Coop would dominate everywhere on the track, then Christian would make up the entire difference in the whoops.
cbuehler767
2/24/2019 7:27am
bw56 wrote:
Crush wrote:
Don't think so... I do think they've had a run of guys who wouldn't count the whoops as their strongest point though... Coop wasn't always great...

Marvin. Well.

Dungey had issues with whoops? Not sarcasm I def don't remember that

The Shop

resetjet
2/24/2019 7:32am
Personally i think alum frames are better in whoops, but i dont see it being a major issue either way. You either can ride whoops or you cant. If you a a straight rythym of nothing but whoops, reed, brayton, mookie would win on amy bike.
STLSharky
2/24/2019 9:39am
Webb has never been great in the whoops. Watch his battles in '16 against Christian Craig. Coop would dominate everywhere on the track, then Christian would...
Webb has never been great in the whoops. Watch his battles in '16 against Christian Craig.

Coop would dominate everywhere on the track, then Christian would make up the entire difference in the whoops.
Webb’s legs are shoooooot
Mit12
2/24/2019 1:15pm
I dont think steel or aluminum frams matter in the whoops. The two fastest riders ever in the whoops Stewart and Reed have been the fastest in the whoops on both steel and aluminum.
.kyle
2/24/2019 1:34pm
I don't think TP199 ever struggled in the whoops on his steel framed RM.
brimx153
2/24/2019 1:42pm
bw56 wrote:
Crush wrote:

Marvin. Well.

Yea I agree i dont remember dungey ever having problems in the whoops ,I'd say he was better than Ken in them when Ken was on ktm.
Crush
2/24/2019 2:48pm
Crush wrote:

Marvin. Well.

brimx153 wrote:
Yea I agree i dont remember dungey ever having problems in the whoops ,I'd say he was better than Ken in them when Ken was on...
Yea I agree i dont remember dungey ever having problems in the whoops ,I'd say he was better than Ken in them when Ken was on ktm.
He was pretty vocal about it in 2014, they featured it on the broadcast in 2014 A2, the race Reed came from a ways back to win. Dungey binned it out front in the whoops early on... Ralph's phrase was something like that was what Dungey's camp was talking about and it bit him tonight.
peltier626
2/24/2019 3:16pm
The question is does Monster/feld manipulate the size of the whoops to help or hurt certain riders depending on the points standings?
2/24/2019 6:01pm
bw56 wrote:
Tomac that good?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Reed was quickest through the dragons back and whoops yesterday.
He was on an an alloy frame and he was just as quick as he was back in 04 on the steel frame!

psg119
2/25/2019 9:52am
I think Tomac's speed through the corner before the whoops is what gave him a little more speed through the whoops. His corner speed in that corner was unreal.
77Moto
2/25/2019 12:24pm
KTMs have no problem skimming whoops at any of the RBSR either.

TSCHAM101
2/25/2019 1:31pm
psg119 wrote:
I think Tomac's speed through the corner before the whoops is what gave him a little more speed through the whoops. His corner speed in that...
I think Tomac's speed through the corner before the whoops is what gave him a little more speed through the whoops. His corner speed in that corner was unreal.
he was standing through that corner which I thought was nuts! that was incredible to see in my opinion.
GregDVT
2/25/2019 6:58pm
KTM has said before that they have tried to gear their chassis to be more favorable towards SX and Ryan dungey was a huge help with it. I doubt the frame is holding them back, it is probably the fact that cooper is one of the smaller riders in the class and has shorter legs.
MohMoto14
2/25/2019 7:23pm
All has to do if how comfortable the rider is on the bike and confidence level. I'm sure they may handle slightly different and maybe ones better than the other, I would think steel because the flex would allow it to absorb anything that could cause a deflection. Just a guess though.
psg119
2/26/2019 2:16pm
psg119 wrote:
I think Tomac's speed through the corner before the whoops is what gave him a little more speed through the whoops. His corner speed in that...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
he was standing through that corner which I thought was nuts! that was incredible to see in my opinion.
It was definitely incredible! When that guy is on, he could be out front by himself and do things that get you out of your seat. When he's off, he has me out of my seat for less happy reasons. Haha.

Post a reply to: Steel Frame with Whoops

The Latest