What would have happened if I had chose to jump?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/26/2021 11:49 AM

What would have happened if I chose to jump? Track safety is a major concern. The sport is losing too many entry level riders due to injuries! That’s why I’m making a video about How to Stay Safe on an open MX Practice Track. Click link the link below to my Video Streaming and Downloading platform. Video On Demand across all devices. Currently over 90 Motocross Techniques and Training videos.

|

[b]"BECOME A BETTER, SAFER RIDER"

Gary Semics MX Schools and Technique DVDs

5/26/2021 11:51 AM

A lot of folks could benefit from this video

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

5/26/2021 11:55 AM

Still cant believe what i see riders do. Spread the word👍

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/26/2021 12:00 PM

nice line at 1:28.

|

-'09 KX500AF

- '19 KX450F

5/26/2021 12:05 PM

Absolutely! Great idea.

Should be mandatory viewing for all skill levels.

|

5/26/2021 12:07 PM

You made the right decision, very smart!

|

5/26/2021 12:09 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

A lot of folks could benefit from this video

If the racers on here, and I use the term lightly watched and listened to Semics videos they would vastly improve their race craft and possibly win a moto or 2 in the C class. Gary has a cornucopia of mx knowledge so you'd be stupid not to use it.

|

5/26/2021 12:11 PM

Personally, I don't understand why so many tracks don't split the practices by groups/skill level.

Only makes sense.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/26/2021 12:28 PM

Geez that’s nothing- at local practice tracks around SoCal all the beginners and tiny kids like to jump on the track in the afternoon just as I’m trying to do motos- I have to deal with Swervin’ Mervin’s every damp lap...

|

5/26/2021 12:32 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Personally, I don't understand why so many tracks don't split the practices by groups/skill level.

Only makes sense.

Tracks around here split up A/B and C/D. I think the problem is that C/D can have some faster C guys at the upper end of the skill spectrum out there with first-timers that sometimes lack the knowledge of track etiquette.

|

5/26/2021 12:37 PM

It looked like the rider ahead was thinking "I know I need to stay to the right!" so he moved over and looked back to make sure he wasn't in the way. Unfortunately, the timing was off and he could have been landed on.

|

5/26/2021 12:40 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Only makes sense.

Thankfully in Louisiana all our tracks do. It’s fast big bike and slow big bike. The problem we have is many people ride in fast big bike that shouldn’t be in that practice and track owners don’t want to tel
Someone to ride in slow.

|

5/26/2021 12:44 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Only makes sense.

Or at least age group for f's sake! At all my practice tracks we get 500cc two strokes out there with 50's and it's frickin nerve racking every time. I've never seen anything tragic, but it's only a matter of time.

|

5/26/2021 12:48 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Only makes sense.

A lot of tracks do and I still see issues. A lot of the pro/int practices here have people in them that aren’t even jumping all the jumps. I find it to be an ego thing for most riders.

|

5/26/2021 1:29 PM

D.K.O.N. wrote:

Or at least age group for f's sake! At all my practice tracks we get 500cc two strokes out there with 50's and it's frickin ...more

Yeah, big bikes should never be on the track at the same time as small bikes. That's just asking for trouble.

|

5/26/2021 1:39 PM

It’s not about bike size or age.
It’s about jumping or not.

Fast = triples and doubles
Slow = singles and no jumpers

Who hasn’t had mini’s sending it over them?

|

5/26/2021 2:03 PM

toddw12 wrote:

A lot of tracks do and I still see issues. A lot of the pro/int practices here have people in them that aren’t even jumping ...more

There's still going to be issues, but a lot less, IMO.

They might not clear all the jumps, but they probably know to stick to their line.

Nothing worse than committing to a line only for another rider to be completely in his own little world deciding it's a good idea to cross over from one side of the track to the other without looking back while you're already in the air.

|

5/26/2021 3:49 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Only makes sense.

thatswhathappens wrote:

Tracks around here split up A/B and C/D. I think the problem is that C/D can have some faster C guys at the upper end of the ...more

Same here. Best way to approach the slower group is to just assume they’re always going to roll and do exactly what they shouldn’t. I’ll bet, way less than half of the C/D group know about holding a line.

I couldn’t imagine being in the track with full on A-D level at the same time. I used to complain about the splitting of practice when it first started happening, but it’s what needs to happen.

|

5/26/2021 3:52 PM

Tbteam wrote:

It looked like the rider ahead was thinking "I know I need to stay to the right!" so he moved over and looked back to make ...more

Good guess but what actually happened was he landed way short, lost control, and swerved to the right. Then he looked back because he knew he messed up, big time!

|

[b]"BECOME A BETTER, SAFER RIDER"

Gary Semics MX Schools and Technique DVDs

5/26/2021 4:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2021 4:03 PM

Yeah, happened to me on a high speed triple jump.Still get the chills. Funny thing is that I knew ,no I felt it ,that the guy will not jump and mess me up.

|

5/26/2021 5:11 PM

The last time I went to an open practice I was one of those slow guys . It was very crowded and they had the B/C guys grouped together . All I was doing was trying to stay out of peoples way and I couldn't get off the track fast enough. I was never a real fast rider but used to be able to hold my own with others on the track before that . This latest time was 6 or 7 years ago ? Haven't been back to a track since and sold my bike soon after . It bothered me for awhile but I'm at peace with it now , realizing it's just no fun for me. I have been itching to get back out on the trails though .

|

5/26/2021 7:12 PM

Great job Gary. As I've tried bringing neighbors and friends into the sport I've realized how few resources there are for new riders to learn basic skills and etiquette.

|

5/26/2021 7:42 PM

Gary this is great!

Only asking because you have public status and abilities.

Would you ever consider a video about track and grounds etiquette?

If so..an optimistic idea could be that it would be provided or sold to attendees, members to clubs, and legal riding trail systems to help spread awareness. More awareness in general will minimize bad behaviors as the knowledge spreads. With reference to trails and moto; the garbage left behind in parking lots, vandalism, wreckless riding in parking lot behaviors, etc...it all takes a toll on public acceptance of our types of sports.

It is out of control with the new enthusiasm in all sports.- beginners/newbies/youngsters/immaturity due to covid economic side effect

|