Stay Frosty

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2021 11:54 AM

Hmmmmmmm....

Now, I'm not one to call BS if I haven't seen the real-world tests myself, but this sounds too good to be true:

https://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/VP-Racing-Fuels-Stay-Frosty-Race-Ready-Coolant-helps-you-win,22058

Maybe Engine Ice Dave can chime in with his opinion (and so can any thermal physicists,) but if VP really has a chemical which will alter the thermal exchange coefficient properties of distilled water so much that the temps drop 20 degrees, then sign me up!

Is VP's claim that Stay Frosty Coolant will drop temps by 20 degrees true?

View Results

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/29/2021 11:58 AM

If you read the article they did do a real world example..

|

9/29/2021 12:01 PM

No freeze protection, so maybe eliminating the antifreeze requirement allows them to optimize the heat transfer and specific heat properties? Seems possible I guess.

|

9/29/2021 12:05 PM

No freeze protection? Count me out.

|

9/29/2021 12:05 PM

kb228 wrote:

If you read the article they did do a real world example..

I read the article; I'm not 100% sure I believe it.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/29/2021 12:23 PM

Its probably just a detergent like water wetter. It reduces surface tension and helps with cooling.

|

9/29/2021 12:51 PM

VP definitely giving 200% effort on this project. The other coolant guy bailed from this industry like Haiden Deegan running from a class full of competitive riders!

|

9/29/2021 1:25 PM

What's wrong with this picture...shocked

Photo

|

Hello..Vital?..

9/29/2021 3:45 PM

I am no longer a part of or affiliated with Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant.

I think it best I say nothing and stay out of it for fear of creating confusion.

Thanks for thinking of me

|

Make sure you down vote!

Not affiliated with any company

9/29/2021 5:50 PM

flarider wrote:

I think it best I say nothing and stay out of ...more

Sounds like fancy talk for “idk man“

|

9/29/2021 8:48 PM

Lucas Oil has an additive that you ad to tap water, not distilled water, that claims the same temp reduction.

|

9/29/2021 9:45 PM

kylemenz1 wrote:

Lucas Oil has an additive that you ad to tap water, not distilled water, that claims the same temp reduction.

So does redline , it’s called water wetter and it’s non glycol based so can be used in road racing

|

9/30/2021 6:16 AM

flarider wrote:

Wussie answer Dave for someone who promoted it to the masses. Cant be honest cause you used to own it and can't be honest due to no compete or NDA?

Here I'll answer for you it's all bullshit! Unprovable bullshit. Like 2 stroke oil, rebuild your engine every 10 to 20 hours on that Yz 80 and you couldnt tell whether someone used olive oil, canola oil or Yamalube.

Can they prove lower or higher temperatures you bet, can they prove higher or lower detrimental at those levels, no.
Engine designers know what temp their engines run at or need to run at. Car manufactures now, like I work for BMW
we have auto opening/shutting louvers behind the grilles to close and raise engine temps beyond normal to temps to run better and for emmisons.

|

9/30/2021 6:54 AM

flarider wrote:

STLSharky wrote:

Wussie answer Dave for someone who promoted it to the masses. Cant be honest cause you used to own it and can't be honest due ...more

I'll respond because I think it is fair.

I no longer have any role at Engine Ice. My identity here is not hidden nor secret. An NDA would not preclude me from speaking on this. This is my decision.

I choose not to to avoid any conflict of opinion between myself and the new ownership. I am not up to date on their messaging. I do not want to say anything that is in conflict with their messaging.

That's just respecting their ownership and messaging.

IMO it would be wrong for me to continue speaking on matters regarding Engine Ice or their competitors.

Mechanical problems, overheating issues or anything like that I'd be happy to offer my two cents, but when it gets down to the liquid formulations, opinions and recommendations, I feel it is everyone's best interest if I stay out of it.

I hope that helps you better understand my thinking.

|

Make sure you down vote!

Not affiliated with any company

9/30/2021 7:10 AM

Thought this would be about a new beer mug 🍻.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.