Statistics "Number don't lie"

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2017 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 1:18 PM

Lester wrote:

Consider your audience, which in this case probably has very low IQs. And a general rule here is that you can't question Team ...more

"Minion" laughing laughing

At least he doesn't start throwing out insults and calling people names.

|

7/4/2017 1:24 PM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

I think the OP is in a research class. Seems like something I would post a few years ago. The interrater reliability is an ...more

Casting wrote:

I'm not in a research class. I work part time conducting research that we present at conferences and publish in journals.

I ...more

Lester wrote:

Consider your audience, which in this case probably has very low IQs. And a general rule here is that you can't question Team ...more

C U at Gopher Dunes?

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

7/4/2017 1:29 PM

Maybe the split time is slower because he came in too hot and messed up the corner even before he and baggett come together.

|

7/4/2017 1:42 PM

"Motocross is never the same, lines changes and a simple bobble can cost u seconds" -everyone
"His first lap sector time was not the same as the rest!!! hurr durr" -this article

|

7/4/2017 1:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 1:59 PM

Casting wrote:

I'm not in a research class. I work part time conducting research that we present at conferences and publish in journals.

I ...more

Lester wrote:

langhammx wrote:

"Minion" laughing laughing

At least he doesn't start throwing out insults and calling people names.

|

7/4/2017 2:12 PM

I know these guys get a sight lap but they aren't really hitting sections at speed because they want to be able to see the lines and what not, so is it possible that maybe on the first lap he wasn't pushing as hard because he wasn't sure how the section would ride at speed yet? I've never ridden at that level so I have no idea, but it seems like a pretty logical and non tinfoil hat wearing explanation.

|

7/4/2017 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 2:26 PM

A lot of words between JT's article and OPs post to say Anderson was riding a wide bike and took Blake's line away. Which is fine, that's part of racing.

|

7/4/2017 2:26 PM

Wondering how Anderson, on the first lap, could know in advance that Bagget would choose to cut over and not simply rail the outside.

|

7/4/2017 2:54 PM

RG1 wrote:

I really don't think there was anything to this move. I don't think Anderson particularly cared that Baggett crashed, but I ...more

****Agreed. FWIW, my bro and I had a similar - although definitely not identical - incident at the track in about 2015. (For any Melburnians, in the far right bowl turn at Franky.) He took the wide line around the top and I dove to the far inside rut.

Next minute, he comes slingshotting out and slams into my rear wheel and goes down hard. He swore black and blue that I'd "taken him out" and "slammed him".

A couple of days later, he analysed the gopro footage and it revealed that I was in the line already as he was about to exit, but he wasn't quick enough to register and adjust. The camera caught what his brain could not at the time register (due to I guess tiredness, adrenaline).

In this weekend's race, I believe BB4 needed to brake slightly and concede the place, and that failing to do so caused the crash. That is, he didn't adjust when something occurred that was unexpected when he entered the turn, and it bit him on the exit.

|

7/4/2017 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2017 3:06 PM

It was very small, but i thought it was a no brainer that he slowed down a touch. No matter which rider you like or whether it was a good move, from when I watched it live to multiple replays it seemed obvious every time.

I liked it. As someone said above, talk shit and make more enemies this will follow.

Edit: i will concede that the lines def came together right there and Blake should have checked up. But i still think JA21 let off a hair in that moment.

|

7/4/2017 3:23 PM

I enjoyed reading JT's article, & he makes a compelling point. But the bottom
line was the outcome, Which BB4 had the opportunity to control, & he didn't.....
He knew it was JA21 behind him, & he knows what that means......

|

7/4/2017 3:33 PM

kb wrote:

I enjoyed reading JT's article, & he makes a compelling point. But the bottom
line was the outcome, Which BB4 had the ...more

Cole Seely just put his shirt back on.

|

7/4/2017 4:10 PM

sbarrington314 wrote:

Maybe the split time is slower because he came in too hot and messed up the corner even before he and baggett come together.

That's what I saw as well.

|

7/5/2017 9:46 AM

Anderson didn't go for the takeout. He did slow up to make sure that Baggett wouldn't be able to keep his speed and have the drive on Anderson going up the hill. Baggett should have saw that and backed off a little himself.

|

7/5/2017 11:13 AM

Throttle chop, brake check, stand it up for a minute all achieve the desired result and are hard to detect. BB should have known who he was dealing with for a very serious points chase. Damn ruts.

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

7/5/2017 11:21 AM

Seemed like a normal racing incident. I had a feeling this would flare into a debate

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

7/5/2017 11:25 AM

Katoomey wrote:

Get a fuckin life...

langhammx wrote:

You sure do seem to talk a lot of shit, name calling and putting people down seem to be a regular thing for you. Does it make ...more

you're so full of shit... first of all, i am a tough guy. so, im sure i do come off as one. secondly, i dont make any apologies for my posts. i should probably just shut up most of the time, obviously i dont need to insult people to make points, but im not perfect. ...but i stand by every single thing i've ever posted. can you say that?

|

7/5/2017 1:11 PM

What I saw was Anderson slow up to have Baggett run into the back of him.

|

7/5/2017 1:36 PM

Katoomey wrote:

Get a fuckin life...

langhammx wrote:

You sure do seem to talk a lot of shit, name calling and putting people down seem to be a regular thing for you. Does it make ...more

Katoomey wrote:

you're so full of shit... first of all, i am a tough guy. so, im sure i do come off as one. secondly, i dont make any ...more

Photo

|

7/5/2017 3:41 PM

Now, who here among us hasn't pulled the exact same move----on a freeway? tongue

|

7/5/2017 4:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 4:20 PM

langhammx wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

you're so full of shit... first of all, i am a tough guy. so, im sure i do come off as one. secondly, i dont make any ...more

Lester wrote: Photo

Exactly what I was thinking...and he's popping off to an OG-Ol'School Bad Ass that's laughing his ass off at him.

|

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals. I get my back into my living. I don't need to fight, to prove I'm right. I don't need to be forgiven.

7/5/2017 4:22 PM

langhammx wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

Hahahahaha laughing that is the FIRST image that popped in to my mind aftsr reading 'Toomeys reply!! Ya beat me to it!

|

7/5/2017 4:40 PM

Katoomey wrote:

dirtnapper wrote:

Hahahahaha laughing that is the FIRST image that popped in to my mind aftsr reading 'Toomeys reply!! Ya beat me to it!

Wel , I aint getting in the middle of this ( as I've learned the error's of my ways over the years I've been on here.) BUT....Toomey....Langham is as good a dude as you'll ever find on here. One of the strait and level headed type dudes , that usually never talks any crap and will always have your back. He's also been around the sport a long time , because he's extremely passionate about it. ( same as me. ).

Out of all the websites I post at , this place here , is the one I have to walk on eggshell's most times , because people who disagree with what you have to say....sometimes just go bat shit crazy on you for the smallest thing.

Most all of us are here to bench race. It's what we do here , and the reason these forums thrive is because we don't " Always " agree. Just sayin'.....Langham is a good dude and he means well.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

7/5/2017 5:05 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Yawn

Casting wrote:

I think we all know your opinion of JT and the host of the podcast where he talked about this.

Inb4 something about my ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

No, I don't think you do. I'm quite the fan of his analysis and opinion: I'm not a fan of the shit that it turns into...in ...more

I should not have assumed. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

|

7/5/2017 5:30 PM

Casting wrote:

I think we all know your opinion of JT and the host of the podcast where he talked about this.

Inb4 something about my ...more

TeamGreen wrote:

No, I don't think you do. I'm quite the fan of his analysis and opinion: I'm not a fan of the shit that it turns into...in ...more

Casting wrote:

I should not have assumed. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

No worries: I really do like the fact that JT & others actually look at the data.

|

7/5/2017 6:01 PM

Hank_Thrill wrote:

I think the OP is in a research class. Seems like something I would post a few years ago. The interrater reliability is an ...more

Casting wrote:

I ...more

Photo
|

7/5/2017 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 6:46 PM

Katoomey wrote:

Get a fuckin life...

langhammx wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

How am I full of shit ? Take a stroll through your posts and actually read what you've posted. It's not pretty. Sorry if that offends you, but I'm just pointing it out in hopes of you thinking twice before you start hitting the keys in anger. Nobody likes to be called an idiot, it's only askng for people to get defensive and respond with an insult of their own. If that's the way you want to be perceived then ignore my post and carry on....

"First of all, i am a tough guy. so, im sure i do come off as one. secondly, i dont make any apologies for my posts." ~ Well, if you say so. I don't know you, so I really can't respond. But that's no way to live. sad

"but i stand by every single thing i've ever posted. can you say that?" ~ I don't know what this has to do with being a tough guy on the Internet, but I don't really think that you thought that comment through very well.

|

7/5/2017 9:58 PM

Hey, aren't we talkin' 'bout statistical anomalies here? smile

|

7/6/2017 12:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2017 1:52 AM

Katoomey wrote:

Get a fuckin life...

langhammx wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

If you can't be civil then you should take your own advise and shut up most of the time. Will you stand by that please?

langhammx-Next rude person pops up check out their forum topics started to replies ratio. The fewer topics started when there is a higher replies number generally equals a rude person. If you aren't intelligent enough to start threads of your own, wait to post something rude and go away feeling like the tough guy Katoomey talks about.

|

7/6/2017 12:44 AM

Lmao yo Anderson is sick period. That line belonged to him and Bagget scrwed up and didnt full commit to anything. Anderson might of feathered the clutch a bit, but no way he hit the brakes. Bagget rode right into the side of him? He shoulda stayed on the outside, he biffed the turn already no way he woulda even came close to popping outta that turn side by side let alone infront of Ando. This is MOTOCROSS people. For Faahhk SAKES

|