Statement from Davi Millsaps

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 6/23/2015 6:42pm
Davi Millsaps has confirmed that he was terminated yesterday by Kawasaki Motor Corp.

“Although my results have not been what I had hoped for up to this point, I have continued to give my best effort and have fulfilled all of my contractual obligations. I am aware that there is much speculation regarding my termination. While I am not at liberty to discuss details, I can say without equivocation that I have not violated any AMA or FIM rule or regulation. At this point I am evaluating my options, both professional and legal. I apologize to my fans, sponsors and fellow competitors for the confusion this has caused. I want to especially thank Monster Energy for continuing to stand behind me. I look forward to resolving this and getting back to racing. See you soon."
|
Spartacus
4/17/2015 11:57am
".....At this point I am evaluating my options, both professional and legal. ...."

The plot thickens.
brlatm
4/17/2015 12:04pm
Damn there is some thick shit going on, either on Kawi's part or Milsaps sent out a false statement.

4/17/2015 12:09pm
This guy has been pulling everyones finger for years. Bikes, sickness, injuries bla bla bla.

Ive always been a fan, but jeeez, it's always something.

The Shop

RedRum666
4/17/2015 12:11pm
" I can say without equivocation that I have not violated any AMA or FIM rule or regulation".... yeah that sounds like Davi..

So, I am sure Kawasaki knows they jsut cant "fire" someone unless there was a clear cut breach of contract......He didnt violate any AMA or FIM rule, but what about Papa Kawi rule.....interesting
circus
What finger was he pulling when he was leading supercross in 2013?
RPM68
Well, that just made things interesting. MAkes me think they literally dropped him to sign Tomac, but that's kinda rude.

I mean, what the hell could've possibly happened that would make them fire him? Seriously...

I am glad he stepped up and stated that drug testing had nothing to do with it. Maybe, they just fired him because he's flopped.
RedRum666
4/17/2015 12:13pm
brlatm wrote:
Damn there is some thick shit going on, either on Kawi's part or Milsaps sent out a false statement.

My hunch is they want to put the "drug" related rumor to bed, hence the FIM AMA violation statement......lots of that drug this or that going around, so I dont blame him for trying to clear that up, but there is obviously some shit happening....its not poor results
4/17/2015 12:13pm
"Fulfilled all my contractural obligations and have not violated any AMA or FIM rule or regulation."

There's still a little wiggle room in there for what reason(s) he was let go.

Hate to see it for Millsaps, Kawasaki, and the sport.

Forward we go.
4/17/2015 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2015 12:20pm
After reading the statement, I'm starting to think Team Green's comment about a possible "performance clause" may have some truth to it. Also, he hasn't had too many nice things to say about the team in interviews, wonder if there's anything in the contract about that?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/17/2015 12:20pm
Another worthless statement. If you cannot admit to what you have done then what you have done is not good
4/17/2015 12:26pm
KennyT wrote:
Another worthless statement. If you cannot admit to what you have done then what you have done is not good
Terrible logic.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/17/2015 12:29pm
i can't see kawi dropping right out of the SX series on a performance bases, and Davi states he has not broken any FIM or AMA law,

so i would say its either something illegal, or some major contractual breach
bonseff
4/17/2015 12:30pm
Both sides are protecting themselves legally by not saying too much. All up to the lawyers to hammer things out before the whole story gets out. Funny how so many were quick to throw down the addict card.
Clutchy
4/17/2015 12:31pm
There's no need to go online if you know the whole story about anything. Hence you'll never get a straight story from anyone. And for those that know what's going on, they can't afford to talk about it. You cant be a guest at the party and talk about things going on at said party that no one else is talking about. You will no longer be invited to the party.
TJ 755
4/17/2015 12:44pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Better call Saul....
Slippin' Jimmy
Dx3moto
4/17/2015 12:48pm
The problem here is that the people on vital think they have #1 priority about everything going on, and anything personal that's unsaid should be released, come on guys, we may never know and if we do, cool, but let them figure it out and hope Davi is back out there soon.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
4/17/2015 12:57pm
When you have big money contracts are not worth they paper they are written on.
RbR
4/17/2015 12:58pm
Met All Contractual Obligations ...
Not Violated any Governing Body Rules ...

Might be getting a clearer picture as to why RV left town ...
Jaybird67k
4/17/2015 1:08pm
brlatm wrote:

RedRum666 wrote:
My hunch is they want to put the "drug" related rumor to bed, hence the FIM AMA violation statement......lots of that drug this or that going...
My hunch is they want to put the "drug" related rumor to bed, hence the FIM AMA violation statement......lots of that drug this or that going around, so I dont blame him for trying to clear that up, but there is obviously some shit happening....its not poor results
They didn't put the drug rumor to bed. He just stated that when it comes to AMA and FIM they haven't busted him for that or anything else. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been caught on a contractual random test or just was seen doing it by a team manager or member or arrested for it, or like others have said he may have cussed out the wrong person and that was a violation contractually.
What ever happened, like mentioned before, was most likely a breech of contract.

Jason
whyZ
4/17/2015 1:34pm
Clutchy wrote:
There's no need to go online if you know the whole story about anything. Hence you'll never get a straight story from anyone. And for those...
There's no need to go online if you know the whole story about anything. Hence you'll never get a straight story from anyone. And for those that know what's going on, they can't afford to talk about it. You cant be a guest at the party and talk about things going on at said party that no one else is talking about. You will no longer be invited to the party.
Is that the "insiders" mission statement, or their oath when becoming one?
4/17/2015 1:44pm
circus wrote:
What finger was he pulling when he was leading supercross in 2013?
The same finger he pulled in 2014 when he wouldn't ride the Pumpkin for the same team. Guy is HIGH Maintenance and the days of him getting good rides are gone IMO. He has talent how can he not this is the only thing he knows and I think he is financial set so he will have a good life.
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
4/17/2015 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2015 1:48pm
I would be willing to bet that this has to do with Eli signing with Kawi. Davi was probably told he should expect a huge paycut and he wasn't interested so Kawi terminated the contract.
oshow
4/17/2015 1:55pm
bonseff wrote:
Both sides are protecting themselves legally by not saying too much. All up to the lawyers to hammer things out before the whole story gets out...
Both sides are protecting themselves legally by not saying too much. All up to the lawyers to hammer things out before the whole story gets out. Funny how so many were quick to throw down the addict card.
Because so many on here are really judgemental idiots...

I mean really they have no idea what they are talking about they just want to hate on someone
4/17/2015 1:58pm
hartebreak wrote:
I would be willing to bet that this has to do with Eli signing with Kawi. Davi was probably told he should expect a huge paycut...
I would be willing to bet that this has to do with Eli signing with Kawi. Davi was probably told he should expect a huge paycut and he wasn't interested so Kawi terminated the contract.
So you're thinking that Davi's contractual salary was left to the discretion of Kawasaki?
4/17/2015 2:00pm
hartebreak wrote:
I would be willing to bet that this has to do with Eli signing with Kawi. Davi was probably told he should expect a huge paycut...
I don't think is was for Tomac because Tomac is going to Kawi in 2016 so why would they kick Davi off for Tomac right now?

Post a reply to: Statement from Davi Millsaps

The Latest