State Fair MX Closing

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2022 2:05 PM

Anyone have any facts on this? I saw Keefer Instagram story showing him collecting dirt in a bottle that says "RIP State Fair". Such a shame if true

|

5/11/2022 2:22 PM

Rumor is this weekends SwapMoto race will be the last day they’re open.

|

5/11/2022 2:23 PM

Yes, closing after the Swap Moto race on Sunday.

|

5/11/2022 3:05 PM

ML512 wrote:

Rumor is this weekends SwapMoto race will be the last day they’re open.

Any word on what the deal is? Is it city related, owner related, etc.?

|

5/11/2022 3:06 PM

Why is it such a secret? If they’re closing after this weekend why not say so?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

5/11/2022 3:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2022 3:44 PM

I think there is more to it. The same guy let Elsinore go and no JS63. But hell I’m always wrong.

|

Mr. Was Not

5/11/2022 3:31 PM

Never liked that place since it was Star West...ermm

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

5/11/2022 3:50 PM

Heard a rumor that the closing has something to do with the Perris dam

|

5/11/2022 3:58 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

I think there is more to it. The same guy let Elsinore go and no JS63. But hell I’m always wrong.

You’ve got your tracks and people a little mixed up there.

|

5/11/2022 5:36 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

ML512 wrote:

You’ve got your tracks and people a little mixed up there.

You sure? You don’t get the name Mr. Info for no reason.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

5/11/2022 5:57 PM

That's been the rumor for awhile now. Only rode there a handful of times after it reopened as State fair. That place was the bees knees when it was StarWest. Great dirt. Bummer to loose another track in SoCal

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

5/11/2022 6:09 PM

ML512 your right I meant Perris not Elsinore. And I did some research and it is closing for a flood control channel project supposed to take 2 years according to the projection of the job time frame. Sad to see another one close but like life and MX bikes things change. The Fair grounds do not know in the future if the track will be back in any shape or form. I bet those people aren't bitching as much.

|

Mr. Was Not

5/11/2022 6:18 PM

In a drought but closing tracks for flood control.

|

5/11/2022 6:32 PM

What a bummer. I was at perris speedway a month or so ago when world of outlaws ran there and heard some rumors or the speedway closing as well (they are located on the same property) wondering if there actually may be truth to that as well and this may be part of the same deal

|

5/11/2022 6:43 PM

Heard Elsinore is being closed as well, along with the skydive airport. It’s going to be an Amazon. But also heard they’re planning on moving the track to the bird sanctuary directly behind the airport where there’s already a pretty gnarly sand loop

|

5/11/2022 7:06 PM

Bummer news

|

5/11/2022 8:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2022 8:28 AM

clarkgray432 wrote:

Heard Elsinore is being closed as well, along with the skydive airport. It’s going to be an Amazon. But also heard they’re ...more

So, when the former owner wanted to Import better quality soil to improve Elsinore Motocross years ago, the city says "No, it could pollute the lake" (which is a joke because Lake Elsinore probably has more bodies in it than a graveyard).

But if Amazon wants to move in with all the increased traffic and trucks and imported soil necessary to build a giant tilt up building, then the city is like, " DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO US"

|

5/11/2022 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2022 8:34 PM

The owner of Elsinore says this rumor is BS

http://www.proride.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=108822.0

|

5/11/2022 11:33 PM

clarkgray432 wrote:

Heard Elsinore is being closed as well, along with the skydive airport. It’s going to be an Amazon. But also heard they’re ...more

Brent wrote:

So, when the former owner wanted to Import better quality soil to improve Elsinore Motocross years ago, the city says "No, it ...more

motocross people dont have politicians on their payrolls and amazon has deep pockets

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

5/12/2022 1:44 AM

109 wrote:

You beat me to it. Worst drought in over 50 years, maybe over a century. Flood control??

|

5/12/2022 2:16 AM

Sacko wrote:

What a bummer. I was at perris speedway a month or so ago when world of outlaws ran there and heard some rumors or the ...more

I hope not, We're going back the 21st for figure 8 racing and "Night of Destruction 3"

|

5/12/2022 4:30 AM

109 wrote:

kawasa84 wrote:

You beat me to it. Worst drought in over 50 years, maybe over a century. Flood control??

It makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

|

5/12/2022 7:58 AM

109 wrote:

kawasa84 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Yeah no shit and somehow Starwest has survived more than one El Nino year in the past without washing away or causing any houses to flood. What are they talking about if the dam breaks ? Some where some bitch(es) aren't happy with the track is what it sounds like to me. Fucking people man.... I'm really getting tired of all the new fucking people moving here. Everyone keep saying oh Californians are moving and ruining other places, pfffftt what the fuck ever we've got our fair share of dipshits moving here too. And they're trying to turn some bitchin redneckish awesome area into Beverly goddamn Hills or some shit I guess who the fuck knows. Sorry for the rant but this bums me out.

|

5/12/2022 8:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/12/2022 8:09 AM

Shmucks gotta save water for that new Palm Springs surf resort.

|

5/12/2022 8:49 AM

Always bummed to see a place close but I am shocked though they were able to keep it open as long as they did since they built those houses a few hundred feet away. Almost half of the So Cal tracks have closed in the last 10 - 15 years, is that about right?

|

5/12/2022 8:50 AM

So the homeowners that moved next to the track KNOWING full well there was a motocross track next door finally got their way?

|

5/12/2022 8:52 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

So the homeowners that moved next to the track KNOWING full well there was a motocross track next door finally got their way?

I’d say this is the most accurate assessment, but who knows

|

5/12/2022 10:22 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

The spillway update project has been in planning stages for quite some time and went out for initial contractor bids back in like 2007-08 I think? Before the economy crashed. I remember hearing about it the first time as a family member of mine built the bid out for the company they worked for the time, back when it was open for submissions. Then it got put on ice and has been brought every couple years since. The track has been on a ticking time bomb for almost 15 years.

|

5/12/2022 10:51 AM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Always bummed to see a place close but I am shocked though they were able to keep it open as long as they did since they built ...more

Track is on state fair ground land. Houses can't do anything. The Speedway makes way more noise than the track does

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

5/12/2022 11:26 AM

kawasa84 wrote:

Dirtydeeds wrote:

sumdood wrote:

Yeah no shit and somehow Starwest has survived more than one El Nino year in the past without washing away or causing any ...more

Willing to bet a lot of people from the OC who can’t afford to live in the OC, are moving out that way. I know thats what happened in Murrieta, Temecula, Riverside etc…

|