Starting to like triple crown better

level
I still think two mains would be better than one or three but I love how the results change so much race to race. One rider on fire one race and hour later different rider. Little luck and body feels different. We all know how we race local with two mains how you might ride great second time compared to first or vice versa. I always rode better second Moto as I loosened up personally.

I think it should be permanent to be two heats one lcq and two mains but then again I don’t know how important the heats really are when you have day qualifying. So I’m kind of stuck on that but you do need it it you have two mains.

|
stewie94
4/14/2018 11:08pm
2 thumbs up for me CoolCool the aggression & the urgency from some of the riders were amazing tonight , i wouldnt mind having the 3 moto format for all 17 rds
racerx317
4/14/2018 11:10pm
I love the idea as well but think it should be seamless wth MX so its easier to u derstand for new viewers and allow for less downtime. My thoughts would be to go to timed qualifying to set the top 14 directly to the mains, then do a televised LCQ for the final 8 spots. This would give privateers some tv time and provide for a more exciting LCQ in each class. Then do a two Moto format for each class.

If they do this for MX and SX... I think it’s a winner all around.

Standard SX format is boring, but gives privateers a televised LCQ. Triple Crown is much more exciting, but has more downtime and eliminates much needed tv time for privateers and their sponsors. I think if they find a happy medium... it’ll be a winner for everyone and easier to follow for newbies.
4/15/2018 4:41am
If they don't expand the use of this format they're missing a major opportunity. Make it 50% of the races or something, simply produces a better show and it's time the sport evolves a bit. The real racing goes on outdoors, SX is a show - make it the best show possible. Triple Crown does that, period.
reded
4/15/2018 5:04am Edited Date/Time 4/15/2018 5:04am
I find it easier to watch 3hrs worth of circus when the show ponies are fighting for points and position every time they hit the floor. The standard format bores me to fucking death until the last hour.

The Shop

slipdog
4/15/2018 5:31am
Another snoozefest that had me falling asleep by the 3rd mains. I hope this format goes away.
mx317
4/15/2018 5:35am
I don't like it. For me, the heats and LCQ races are great to watch. The intensity of trying to main the main is what I like to see.
Drtbykr
4/15/2018 6:58am
Sitting in the stands, I would love it. That’s why my 25th anniversary was in Vegas in October.

On TV it’s kind of brutal. I do know that Car Warriors have new Lead Tech.’s.

Less brutal than people settling into a transfer spot in heats and semis.

I was worried about more starts, more accidents. I was also surprised at the low percentage of riders hurt in 1st turn pileups.

Keep it, 3 x 10.

My fav. gate drop used to be the LCQ’s when only two people made the main event instead of 4.
Miss them big time.

peltier626
4/15/2018 7:06am
And a 250cc open 2stroke, fourstroke /electric class added to the program.
4/15/2018 9:27am
slipdog wrote:
Another snoozefest that had me falling asleep by the 3rd mains. I hope this format goes away.
Then you really weren't watching - some of the best racing of the year in both classes in 2nd and 3rd motos.
Hank_Thrill
4/15/2018 9:43am
Same here. During the regular mains I’m on the edge of my seat 2 times per night. It happened all six mains to me last night.

Not to mention way more time we as fans experience that excited main event feeling.
resetjet
4/15/2018 9:46am
I like tc format better, but they gotta fix the tracks. These guys have gotten so good and are going so fast its boring. Plus everyone is getting hurt. Time to slow the tracks down somehow and leave room for more mistakes that dont lead to injury. How? That’s the million dollar problem

Post a reply to: Starting to like triple crown better

The Latest