Start up media

Related:
Create New Tag

1/23/2018 11:04 AM

Hello me and a friend of mine are starting up a media group that will be covering motorsports and racing in general, we understand we probably won’t get a media credential for SX in our first year but is there anything against filming (with a GoPro) the events of a supercross race?

|

1/23/2018 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/23/2018 11:16 AM

jkadel165 wrote:

Hello me and a friend of mine are starting up a media group that will be covering motorsports and racing in general, we understand we probably won’t get a media credential for SX in our first year but is there anything against filming (with a GoPro) the events of a supercross race?

Yes, video of the races are restricted. If published, Feld would have your content pulled (if it was on YouTube) and if you did it on a private video source you'll never get a credential in the future...

You can film a limited amount of practice, but none of the night show.

|

1/23/2018 11:14 AM

Don't think you're allowed to film any of it. FELD controls everything. YouTube channels get taken down all the time for posting the races. On top of that I don't even think the riders are allowed to post their own GoPro helmet cam videos.

Either FELD releases the content or GoPro themselves.

I'm sure someone will know more about this but I'm pretty certain you're not allowed to film the races with any kind of camera.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/23/2018 10:37 PM

Photo
|