Star Yamaha Training Programs 2022

It’s been known for some time that Star purchased the goat farm and is moving the team there from California. They way it’s been discussed would lead one to believe that everyone will be training there, but is that really the case? Based on my limited knowledge of the team and current roster, I see it being anything but a true “team” training environment.

Dylan Ferrandis - Trainer David Vuillemin (Ferrandis is moving to FL/GA but unknown if he will be full time goat farm with Swanapoel and the rest)

Eli Tomac - Trainer John Tomac and self (doubt he is moving to the east coast and don’t know if he will be involved with the goat farm program at all)

Jeremy Martin - Self trained (does he go back to CO with the Tomacs?).

Aaron Plessinger - rumored to be leaving for KTM and Bakers Factory (hope it’s not true).

That leaves Justin Cooper and Christian Craig as the only high profile (race/championship contending) riders known to be full time Swanapoel/Rarick and goat farm.

Unless the next couple years will be a transition time, after which everyone will be required to live and train at or near the farm.

I wish they could find a way to incorporate David Vuillemin into the overall program at Star to benefit the other riders. He obviously knows what he’s doing…
|
brettmx
9/6/2021 12:56pm
I'm certain their "chemists" can work remotely.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1022nd
9/6/2021 1:01pm
brettmx wrote:
I'm certain their "chemists" can work remotely.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. So glad this forum is free. You need to tip your “chemist” for whatever he sold you before you typed out that rubbish.
RalphS
9/6/2021 1:57pm
It’s been known for some time that Star purchased the goat farm and is moving the team there from California. They way it’s been discussed would...
It’s been known for some time that Star purchased the goat farm and is moving the team there from California. They way it’s been discussed would lead one to believe that everyone will be training there, but is that really the case? Based on my limited knowledge of the team and current roster, I see it being anything but a true “team” training environment.

Dylan Ferrandis - Trainer David Vuillemin (Ferrandis is moving to FL/GA but unknown if he will be full time goat farm with Swanapoel and the rest)

Eli Tomac - Trainer John Tomac and self (doubt he is moving to the east coast and don’t know if he will be involved with the goat farm program at all)

Jeremy Martin - Self trained (does he go back to CO with the Tomacs?).

Aaron Plessinger - rumored to be leaving for KTM and Bakers Factory (hope it’s not true).

That leaves Justin Cooper and Christian Craig as the only high profile (race/championship contending) riders known to be full time Swanapoel/Rarick and goat farm.

Unless the next couple years will be a transition time, after which everyone will be required to live and train at or near the farm.

I wish they could find a way to incorporate David Vuillemin into the overall program at Star to benefit the other riders. He obviously knows what he’s doing…
Yo Nichols beat Craig and "da jett" straight up for the title and you didn't even mentioned him. Kitchen is doing great and the other kid won 2 races at ATL.

My 0.02, these days I'd not question what Star decides to do, their biz and it all seem to be working out "fairly well" for them.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/6/2021 2:08pm
RalphS wrote:
Yo Nichols beat Craig and "da jett" straight up for the title and you didn't even mentioned him. Kitchen is doing great and the other kid...
Yo Nichols beat Craig and "da jett" straight up for the title and you didn't even mentioned him. Kitchen is doing great and the other kid won 2 races at ATL.

My 0.02, these days I'd not question what Star decides to do, their biz and it all seem to be working out "fairly well" for them.
Maybe he forgot to mention him or because he trains with Reynard and not Swanepoel.

Personally, they don't all need to have the same trainer. What works for someone doesn't mean it'll work for someone else.

Besides, all their riders are doing well with their current programs, so why change things?

The Shop

LungButter
9/6/2021 2:21pm
Are their Amateurs going to be based out of the GOAT Farm?
chump6784
9/6/2021 2:23pm
Why is Star moving to Florida? Is it the weather, getting out of Cali, something else or a mix of things? Seems like a lot of hassle when things are working well for them
shane509
9/6/2021 2:24pm
I heard they were moving the team training facility to Wiggins MS. Home of S-T-A-R B-U-Y.

Sorry you have to be from this area to hear their STAR Chevrolet commercials.
yota
9/6/2021 2:51pm
taxes?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
9/6/2021 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2021 3:52pm
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The team got tired of reimbursing the riders for memberships at the FL tracks, and they figured they could use this for an east coast base during both series.

I'm sure somewhere, some guy with a spreadsheet made the pitch that this will save money long term.

Tell the riders to not go pay X to ride at moto sand box or wherever in FL... we have a place ready to go. Or yeah, and its a full blown race shop... so no more shipping shit to CA and back every week.

I'd bet it's still a "build your own program" approach, but with a much more defined foundation for them to utilize in GA.
Money
9/6/2021 4:50pm
RalphS wrote:
Yo Nichols beat Craig and "da jett" straight up for the title and you didn't even mentioned him. Kitchen is doing great and the other kid...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Maybe he forgot to mention him or because he trains with Reynard and not Swanepoel. Personally, they don't all need to have the same trainer. What...
Maybe he forgot to mention him or because he trains with Reynard and not Swanepoel.

Personally, they don't all need to have the same trainer. What works for someone doesn't mean it'll work for someone else.

Besides, all their riders are doing well with their current programs, so why change things?
Nichols and kitchen train with team Swanny
CPR
9/6/2021 4:57pm
Wouldn’t the Goat Farm be more of a testing facility for the team, rather than day to day training? Just a thought….
Yeti831
9/7/2021 12:59am
You think a factory level team give the rider whatever they needed to be faster and more comfortable on the bike. Especially if their preference resulted in wearing out less exotic parts.

Makes no sense.
btroxler
9/7/2021 10:17am
Cost of operations in CA and also Bobby Regan, the STAR Yamaha Owner is from Wiggins, MS where his auto dealerships are located. I am sure he wanted something closer to home.
LungButter
9/7/2021 11:00am
LungButter wrote:
Are their Amateurs going to be based out of the GOAT Farm?
To add to this, if the Amateurs are going to train there this could also lead to less expenses for the Team in the long run. Instead of paying some amateur kid a big salary so they can pay for a facility you just bring them to your own. They also get the benefit of training with/around the Factory Pros which I think would be a big incentive for amateurs to want to be on that team.

Post a reply to: Star Yamaha Training Programs 2022

The Latest