Star Racing has me embarrassed to own a Yamaha

motoxxx599
Fantasy
875th
6/24/2020 6:48am
That makes you embarrassed to own a Yamaha? That ain't nothing. Check this out: [img]https://i0.wp.com/livemotocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Untitled-design-1.jpg[/img]
That makes you embarrassed to own a Yamaha?

That ain't nothing. Check this out:

I think beiber riding one is actually kinda cool. Can’t hate beibz these days, he is one of the richest, best looking dudes on the planet...
I think beiber riding one is actually kinda cool.
Can’t hate beibz these days, he is one of the richest, best looking dudes on the planet, could literally have almost any girl in the world..
All I see here is the FMOTP and a guy who makes millions selling records to our daughters. I thinks it s cool they like dirt bikes.

The Shop

6/24/2020 7:03am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 7:08am
That makes you embarrassed to own a Yamaha? That ain't nothing. Check this out: [img]https://i0.wp.com/livemotocross.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Untitled-design-1.jpg[/img]
That makes you embarrassed to own a Yamaha?

That ain't nothing. Check this out:

I think beiber riding one is actually kinda cool. Can’t hate beibz these days, he is one of the richest, best looking dudes on the planet...
I think beiber riding one is actually kinda cool.
Can’t hate beibz these days, he is one of the richest, best looking dudes on the planet, could literally have almost any girl in the world..
motoxxx599 wrote:
All I see here is the FMOTP and a guy who makes millions selling records to our daughters. I thinks it s cool they like dirt...
All I see here is the FMOTP and a guy who makes millions selling records to our daughters. I thinks it s cool they like dirt bikes.
Slight correction: FMOTP and an embarrassing guy who makes millions selling embarrassing records to our daughters. I think its cool they like dirtbikes.
500guy
6/24/2020 7:06am
Here's what I saw last week.

Sexton cut off Brown on the Practice start and took out Shane, Then Sexton jumped on Nichols and Broke his arm.

But yea I'm more worried about a technical protest and some gamesmanship.
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1679th
6/24/2020 7:23am
I think its a chickenshit move to protest fuel when they have mini 450's essentially. Lets say they won the protest, is that really how you...
I think its a chickenshit move to protest fuel when they have mini 450's essentially.

Lets say they won the protest, is that really how you want to win a championship?

Sexton was just faster that day.
Boomslang wrote:
A mini 450? Absolutely not. They have simply extracted the most out of their engines whilst maintaining reliability. PC had a long run at delivering great...
A mini 450? Absolutely not. They have simply extracted the most out of their engines whilst maintaining reliability.

PC had a long run at delivering great engines now Star has found something you lable it a mini 450. That is a awesome compliment to the Star engine guys.

As Dave said above, there will be tactics and there are rules and regulations in place to facilitate protests. Absolutely nothing out of the norm with protesting.

Like I said before, Star ain't gonna pull a reason to protest out of their arse.
AH387 wrote:
To be fair even the stock YZ250F has been labeled a 'mini 450' by numerous testing sources. Mainly because it has a really strong low-end and...
To be fair even the stock YZ250F has been labeled a 'mini 450' by numerous testing sources. Mainly because it has a really strong low-end and doesn't need to be screaming to make power, like some of the other brands. And Star is known to have the best 250F engines/bikes currently, so really nothing wrong with that guy's post.
The problem is thinking like that is saying- Well they have a really good engine, so we should be able to cheat to level the playing field

I ask this, Is that how you want to LOSE a championship? To someone "cheating"?

Sexton WAS indeed faster that day.
6/24/2020 7:28am
Slight correction: FMOTP and an embarrassing guy who makes millions selling embarrassing records to our daughters. I think its cool they like dirtbikes.
I don’t wanna get into a music debate.. I don’t listen to beiber, but you can’t deny his success..
Once upon a time your parents didnt understand your music too, doesn’t mean it’s bad..
Celeb on a dirtbike is a good thing IMO
6/24/2020 7:34am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2020 7:37am
I don’t wanna get into a music debate.. I don’t listen to beiber, but you can’t deny his success.. Once upon a time your parents didnt...
I don’t wanna get into a music debate.. I don’t listen to beiber, but you can’t deny his success..
Once upon a time your parents didnt understand your music too, doesn’t mean it’s bad..
Celeb on a dirtbike is a good thing IMO
Hey -- let's be clear. I also think its a great thing that embarrassing celebs like Bieber ride dirt bikes. And I never said his embarrassing music was bad.
jbonemalone
6/24/2020 7:37am
I’m curious, if , and that’s a big if, geico is found to be blatantly illegal on the fuel debacle thing are you going to be proud to own a Yamaha.
I mean this millennial triggered fuck everything mentality is really getting old.
Grow up people. Be a man. Drink some coffee.
Don’t be a bitch all the time. Love thy neighbor.
Try one day a week to be a better person.
Love the sport. Cheer for the underdog occasionally. Cheer for your favorite guy. Cheer for the sport.
Stop this cancerous eating from the inside destruction of this tiny ass niche of a sport we love.
If star yam did Some shit things let them own it.
If geico cheated let them own it.
motomike137
6/24/2020 8:22am
I’m curious, if , and that’s a big if, geico is found to be blatantly illegal on the fuel debacle thing are you going to be...
I’m curious, if , and that’s a big if, geico is found to be blatantly illegal on the fuel debacle thing are you going to be proud to own a Yamaha.
I mean this millennial triggered fuck everything mentality is really getting old.
Love the sport. Cheer for the underdog occasionally. Cheer for your favorite guy. Cheer for the sport.
Stop this cancerous eating from the inside destruction of this tiny ass niche of a sport we love.
I agree totally. It seems like a real hail mary from Star but I have to believe they wouldn't have done this unless they are very convinced that Geico was using illegal fuel. For it to be just a grudge doesn't make any sense. If they are found to be guilty then they should be penalized and it's as simple as that otherwise just throw the rulebook out the door.
BigDaddyG
6/24/2020 8:47am
I can see Will up in the semi whining that his in-house pastor got his doors blown off “we need to protest them, they’re cheating, no way he can ride that fast, it has to be fuel!!”” They protest everything.... it’s his whiney ass, I know it!
hamncheeze
6/24/2020 8:54am
Haven't we already concluded that Star Yamaha's decision making and image issues are largely the result of the Team Manager/Crew Chief, Brad Hoffman?

http://starracingyamaha.com/brad-hoffman

He was the guy who orchestrated the Swapmoto test of their bike, which ended up looking really bad for Swap and Yamaha because of the blowback from the PulpMX crowd. Matthes confirmed Wil Hahn had nothing to do with it, he's the #2 in management there, and he also confirmed that Yamaha itself was not happy with how that whole thing went down.

The fuel protest decision....unless this plan came from Bobby Regan himself, one would have to think it came from Brad Hoffman or Wil Hahn. I doubt the rider or mechanic came up with it. Now, anything is possible, but my gut tells me that a former racer and champion like Wil would not go down the road of a Hail Mary fuel protest so that leaves one guy, the guy at the top of the management chain who would have had to sign off on this....

On a semi-related note, if you follow Dylan Ferrandis and DV on social media and you've listened to DV in interviews on Pulp and DMXS, you can conclude that Dylan is a little bit of his own island within the team.

Anyway, we'll see how this all shakes out but you've got to think some people at Yamaha are paying attention to the negativity being cast on the team.
kiwifan
6/24/2020 11:34am
I’m curious, if , and that’s a big if, geico is found to be blatantly illegal on the fuel debacle thing are you going to be...
I agree totally. It seems like a real hail mary from Star but I have to believe they wouldn't have done this unless they are very...
I agree totally. It seems like a real hail mary from Star but I have to believe they wouldn't have done this unless they are very convinced that Geico was using illegal fuel. For it to be just a grudge doesn't make any sense. If they are found to be guilty then they should be penalized and it's as simple as that otherwise just throw the rulebook out the door.
and if they are found to be not guilty??
kiwifan
6/24/2020 6:54pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
We know you riding a Yamaha has no bearing on what Star did, but maybe instead of putting numbers on the plates, you can write "I...
We know you riding a Yamaha has no bearing on what Star did, but maybe instead of putting numbers on the plates, you can write "I bought this Yamaha before Star fucked around with Chase!"Dry
tobz wrote:
Another funny. Here’s a flip side to it, do you think Yamaha are happy with their brand being represented in such a way? I know Matthes...
Another funny.

Here’s a flip side to it, do you think Yamaha are happy with their brand being represented in such a way? I know Matthes has touched base on the swap moto saga that Yamaha were absolutely not happy with it. What makes you think they’re fine with their shitty tactics over the weekend?
Boomslang wrote:
Tobz, protesting is well within the rules of the Sport. Yamaha has protested. Lets say Geico is found to be running non complient fuel....what then? You...
Tobz, protesting is well within the rules of the Sport. Yamaha has protested. Lets say Geico is found to be running non complient fuel....what then?

You are sounding like Gretta Thundberg now..or whatever her name is.

If you are really that unhappy with Yamaha then send your banking details....ill give you a $100 for your bike and I'll pay for shipping.
Lets be more positive....Lets say Geico are compliant ...what then?

Post a reply to: Star Racing has me embarrassed to own a Yamaha

The Latest