Star Racing Yamaha should add...

Question
3/14/2018 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/14/2018 2:20pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
they just added Thomas ramette
That is huge, I didn't think it would be possible as I think he is already well supported in Europe.

I would not be surprised to see him in the top 8-10 very soon.
Question
3/14/2018 2:42pm
Question wrote:
Props to them. On TV I will look at Short and Cartwright now to see where at = immediate fan. This is something to think about...
Props to them. On TV I will look at Short and Cartwright now to see where at = immediate fan.

This is something to think about since there has been some debate over the fact the 250 is a "feeder class" or "development class". Maybe the riders would need to have a degree or to be on their way to pass one. Add a school sticker and some emphasis during the show that the riders are educated, it could give a better image of MX/SX in general (i.e. for parents to fund their son's racing effort) and a good safety for the riders for their future. That is something to think about and that is quite important.

BTW: Brayton and Webb have a college degree if I remember right, and it didnt bother them too much to be successful.
Motofinne wrote:
That is a really, really cool idea!
Thanks !

I was also sure Webb and Brayton had a college degree, my bad !

The original idea is that it would help riders (so passionated and talented people) to stay later in the motorcycle or automotive industry in general (i.e. local dealers) if they were supported to get a degree during their 250F years. Actually the schedule is not as demanding as the 450, a racing career also involve some couch time (injury...).

I thought about it also based on the universities top salaries in sports in a previous thread, which means some money is there. Wouldn't UCLA like to be mentioned during NBCSN or Fox networks in exchange of some scholarships (free fees)? Couldn't the Uni of Florida does it too as there is absolutely 0 to invest for them since lots of tracks & facilities are already managed? Wouldn't it attract riders to these unis?

Kids in MX are not stupid, schools is just some work. They usually come from mid to upper middle class so they usually have good foundations, so I think they can pass anything if MX is part of a reward in families. There are also tons of skills that can be developed during racing/uni:
- media management
- social media management
- marketing & communication
- sales (in local dealerships)
- public relations
- video / music
- event management
- data analyst (IT from sensors, etc)
- technical sportswear development (including protection)
- mechanics
- carbon fiber
- painting (@ TLD from entering the car customization market)
- anod
- CNC billet
- charity / sports accounting
- etc

Anyway, some food for thoughts.

3/14/2018 3:26pm
twotwosix wrote:
Idk guys, Dan looks like he’s pretty comfortable down in Aus... hahaha [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/10/248557/s1200_FAA1E398_91F6_4484_B641_88A10B5FFE49.jpg[/img]
Idk guys, Dan looks like he’s pretty comfortable down in Aus... hahaha

agn5009 wrote:
You couldn't pay me enough to walk away from that
Steve 396 wrote:
X2!!!

Wonder what Peelout would think???
Act like you've been there before guys. She probably watches the Kardashians and takes 3 hours to get ready. No thanks.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Star Racing Yamaha should add...

The Latest