Star Racing Yamaha and the Auto Clutch

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/23/2019 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2019 3:54pm
Interesting. I’m not trying to throw any shade on this, but I wonder which clutch Dylan was using at Spring Creek, because I spotted him stalling the bike in the 180 at the end of the far end of the whoop section.
7/23/2019 4:04pm
GuyB wrote:
Interesting. I’m not trying to throw any shade on this, but I wonder which clutch Dylan was using at Spring Creek, because I spotted him stalling...
Interesting. I’m not trying to throw any shade on this, but I wonder which clutch Dylan was using at Spring Creek, because I spotted him stalling the bike in the 180 at the end of the far end of the whoop section.
It is possible to stall with an Auto Clutch. I've done it a few times. Not common, but it's possible
dcg141
7/23/2019 5:28pm
GuyB wrote:
Interesting. I’m not trying to throw any shade on this, but I wonder which clutch Dylan was using at Spring Creek, because I spotted him stalling...
It is possible to stall with an Auto Clutch. I've done it a few times. Not common, but it's possible
Agreed, I have seen 4 strokes still flameout with an auto clutch.
mxtech1
7/23/2019 5:32pm
Rekluse is doing great things with clutch technology.

The OEMs and even Hinson have been stagnant for years on developing anything new.

It will be interesting to see down the road if any of the OEMs make Rekluse an their factory clutch supplier.

The Shop

cwtoyota
7/23/2019 5:36pm
GuyB wrote:
dcg141 wrote:
Agreed, I have seen 4 strokes still flameout with an auto clutch.
Yeah, you can still stall. I think at least a few factory guys are running auto clutches. When you see a guy on the broadcast tip over, pick up the bike and never touch the clutch or shifter, it's a good sign he's running an auto... A friend and I have paused and slow-mo'd this scenario a few times that were pretty convincing to us, even before electric start was common.

Post a reply to: Star Racing Yamaha and the Auto Clutch

The Latest